• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola (FL) Melee Player Finder & Social Thread

Zone

Smash Champion
Who are this man's hardcore friends btw?

>.>;

Guys that beat him with link's Up+B on the regular?

I'd like to see David fight that guy, and his friends 3v1. David would probably still 4 stock them haha.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095

>.>;

I'd like to see David fight that guy, and his friends 3v1. David would probably still 4 stock them haha.
you mean... like what KoreanDJ did once on camera?

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063

>.>;

Oh definitely. They are probably just as hardcore as he says he is.
@ exarch exarch I don't have a problem with any of those but pokefloats and rainbow cruise a little , really . All really cool stages . this guy is talking stuff like Onett, fourside, jungle japes , peaches, and venom. I really don't like those, lol.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
@ Gいたん Gいたん I figured you meant worse(r) levels.
From skimming the past bit, sounds like he would play on Big Blue or Flatzone in tournament.

But there's a good number of "terrible" levels we've had banned for so long we have no idea how they'd fit into today's meta. Princess Peach's Castle as a specific instance we've had banned since before we knew how to smash DI out of fox's wall infinites.

I also love Onett but that's a very difficult level to justify competitively.

Last edited:

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Real talk though, 6 stages is boring ****.
Free Mute/Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise/Pokefloats/PPC/DK64/etc
When I saw you had posted in this thread, I was like.."damn, this thread is getting locked.."lol

Glad the named changed to pcola Social

Zone

Smash Champion
@ Gいたん Gいたん I figured you meant worse(r) levels.
From skimming the past bit, sounds like he would play on Big Blue or Flatzone in tournament.

But there's a good number of "terrible" levels we've had banned for so long we have no idea how they'd fit into today's meta. Princess Peach's Castle as a specific instance we've had banned since before we knew how to smash DI out of fox's wall infinites.

I also love Onett but that's a very difficult level to justify competitively.
man I'm in total agreement with you on stages.

I occasionally run 1v1 random tournies for a buck here in Melee. Everyone has to random their character, and the stage is random with everything unlocked. It's best of 5, 3 stocks(I tried best of 5 2 stocks once, I think 3 is more fair)

It's just a way to kind of test the grounds. While people may not be using their mains, I have it under the guise of a random fun tournament, at the same time seeing if stages are really as lame as people make them out to be.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
so apparently there's another event going on in mobile, quite a few people comments say they're unable to make it, given it's on a friday...

oh well, hopefully those twenty something people saying they'll go actually go, but...*shrugs*

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Those Play n' Trade tournaments are actually pretty real. It's in this little back room of a tiny shop with just enough room for 4 or 5 setups and the last one was jacked full. probably had like 20 entrants. Mostly scrub city of coarse, and there is no pot.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
so entering this is more or less for fun, huh? I might need help understanding the last bit... given I've got mixed definitions of "scrub" here and there...

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
A scrub is a player who ain't good and isn't trying to get any better.

Winning gets you a prize. Last time I got a knock off NES. FOR SALE $20.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Dude I would totally play for a bootleg game system

"Hey I got a new gamecast 2 dawg"

Soaking wannabe hipsterettes like a rainforest mmhmm

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
A scrub is a player who ain't good and isn't trying to get any better.

Winning gets you a prize. Last time I got a knock off NES. FOR SALE $20.
from the way you describe it, it sounds like this event in mobile might wind up being a waste of time...

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
For someone driving more than an hour out, it might be. But I'll be there and few of our up-and-coming Mobilians. Also if you we're going to head up to Auburn this weekend anyways it's a good pitstop.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I have an eye appointment and am probably going to get my eyes dilated on the same day of that tournament lmao

Still going to go anyway. I've been itching for a tournament lately , scrubby or not.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
well, if that's the case, I'll surely find some regular sparring partners... it's kind of hard to get a competitive rush if the opponent isn't that bent on winning, and frankly, I've been rather addicted to that feeling ever since a friend of mine demonstrated the extent of the Melee competition compared to Brawl

so, at least I'll have some fun... oh, by the way, what's at Auburn?

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I have an eye appointment and am probably going to get my eyes dilated on the same day of that tournament lmao

Still going to go anyway. I've been itching for a tournament lately , scrubby or not.
Glitch are you going to auburn for the tournament?

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Glitch are you going to auburn for the tournament?
Dude, I might, if I can get a ride there with you guys. I hate being the kid that bums rides off of everyone but for tournaments that are kinda far like that it's my only way of going :c

What would the costs be like, though? That's probably my deciding factor.

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I might, if I can get a ride there with you guys. I hate being the kid that bums rides off of everyone but for tournaments that are kinda far like that it's my only way of going :c

What would the costs be like, though? That's probably my deciding factor.
They got like $10 for all the events and then adding on a 5-6 hour drive from pensacola. Not worth the time. The ganon event doesn't seem big enough especially for auburn. Figured i'll save my money and instead have a smashfest here in pcola to train more for CEO.

Zone

Smash Champion
Ok.. I got these details too late. Ragnarok mentioned something about this one because I remember him talking about a tourney with Blazblue "CHRONO" Phantasma.He didn't get into specifics though.

Oh well, I'll be passing on that one.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
They got like $10 for all the events and then adding on a 5-6 hour drive from pensacola. Not worth the time. The ganon event doesn't seem big enough especially for auburn. Figured i'll save my money and instead have a smashfest here in pcola to train more for CEO.
if the fest is this weekend, I might be able to go, not many cakes going on and... well, I also intend to take part in CEO... which can give me an "I must be going insane" feeling at times given I've still got a ways to go in the game.

Last edited:

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Pcola needs official weeklies for real tho.

Be like beyond hype tho. Like srsly Im really feeling the need to get my [butt] kicked some more and that would open up some oppurtunities. I wanna make it to CEO ect. eventually so I best start this extended rocky montage right now.

meh sounded better in my head but what is backspace?

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Pcola needs official weeklies for real tho.

Be like beyond hype tho. Like srsly Im really feeling the need to get my [butt] kicked some more and that would open up some oppurtunities. I wanna make it to CEO ect. eventually so I best start this extended rocky montage right now.

meh sounded better in my head but what is backspace?
for real man, and I feel you

I just really want to start playing in more tournaments. I have to get used to pressure and everything, and I need to work on using my head more instead of auto piloting. I did really bad at both tourneys we went to recently mainly because of nerves. I should be trying to practice that stuff during fests but it's a lot harder vs our guys like Zone or Ram who barely give me room to breathe, lol

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
Let's brainstorm locations then! Homefield seems to be out, due to closing times. There's a locally-owned game store called "Trade-N-Save" in Pensacola. It's a small place but they might be willing to let us play there if we present ourselves decently.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Let's brainstorm locations then! Homefield seems to be out, due to closing times. There's a locally-owned game store called "Trade-N-Save" in Pensacola. It's a small place but they might be willing to let us play there if we present ourselves decently.
Yeah but that place is like super super small, at least in the front. It closes pretty early like Home Field, too. Is there a larger portion of the store We can't see?

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
There might be more room in the back, but I'm not sure. It's a small place for sure, but it'd be a decent place to start at least, since our tourneys won't have large turnouts at first.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
There might be more room in the back, but I'm not sure. It's a small place for sure, but it'd be a decent place to start at least, since our tourneys won't have large turnouts at first.
Has anyone considered trying the card stores. I wish we could use PSC cause of the massive space they have to offer.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
I say we hold this in some abandoned warehouse somewhere and call it "Fight Club"
get raw

on another note its kinda small but the Timberlake Clubhouse may work. Lemme get a recyclable 50$ and I'll hold weekly Tea Parties.

Zone

Smash Champion
Didn't you say that place is smaller than my apartment? lol.

Well I'm fixing to get a conference room rented out for a tournament. Not weeklies though, I'm not that rich.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Its like about that size the difference is its public XD. But yeah conference room dats wussup

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
For those who aren't aware i'm having a smashfest saturday at 12:00 pm until w/e
so noon at the earliest, eh? I'll have to see if I can get this one cake delivered on the way out. though I should be able to manage it... might need to find some ideas for what the person bringing me there can do, though... she's not exactly too big on Smash.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
I'm gonna try to make it over, need to get out of the house lol.

So in other news im probably not going to main yoshi in P:M. I'll still stick with him in melee but to me the two versions feel too different for me to be switching back and forth with. I feel like my ganon/doc game is carrying over pretty well, and im pretty interested in sonic and kirby, im not certain who my pm main will be at this point.
Again, yoshi's still my guy for melee. Maybe ill change my mind once i actually get the chance to really dig into P:M if that wii ever comes in :/

Top Bottom