• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola (FL) Melee Player Finder & Social Thread

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
[ote="Incenetum, post: 16534728, member: 227190"]So... I'm coming down to Seaside for a week starting tomorrow. Anything going on this week?
Edit: for PM and Melee, not brawl :/[/quote]

Im having a smashfest tomorrow at 12 till whenever.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
So... I'm coming down to Seaside for a week starting tomorrow. Anything going on this week?
Edit: for PM and Melee, not brawl :/
Yeah, fest at 12pm onward at Dragon's house for PM and Melee. His number is on the first page so text/call him for the location. Looking forward to meeting you if you can come play!

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I still hope that I will be able to come over, I've been told the weather's going to get very nasty tomorrow, and the person giving me a ride might duck out if the conditions are too risky.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Glitched says he'll pay for my entrance fee for that bama thing.

I'm gonna end up homeless I just know it.

Last edited:

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I heard through the grapevine some guy in Niceville is trying to open a game store and host smash tournaments.

Not sure if you guys are interested or know about this yet. Hopefully I meet this guy and can get more information.

If I do I'll post it here if anyone is interested

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Niceville's in Tennessee , isn't it? double checked the map, nevermind... that's a bit far from where I'm at, but not as far as pcola :estatic:

if this guy is trying to hold smash events here, I won't mind attending regularly. but details would be nice. :shades:

Last edited:

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
You're thinking of Nashville. Niceville is near Destin, Fl like an hour away from Pensacola and like an hour and a half away from Panama City

0zu

Smash Rookie
Ayyy, any Pensacola falcon players willing to give a new captain some training tips? Important tech to master, recommended combos, anything would help. I'm an omega scrub so I don't really know where to start. I've just been practicing basic tech moves and a few combos I've seen for the past few months. Also- I want to second Sheik so if there are any Sheik players I could use some of the same advice.

Edit: i am associated with Glitched, if anyone was wondering.

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Yeah, Ozu's another one of my friends who wants to play. He wants to get really into the scene and play with us in tournaments and stuff as often as possible.

He's been practicing the fundamentals -- Shffling and wave dashing/ landing and stuff, but he still needs to learn a lot of other techs and get used to applying them to real players. Teach him some good Falcon @ Zone Zone :)

Last edited:

Incenetum

Smash Cadet
So apparently we're going home tomorrow morning. I was thinking that we would go home sometime at night, but evidently not. You guys have all been like brothers to me that I can never meet or play with or do any of that stuff brothers do, so thanks :D Oh and also I can't go to that fest. But I am going to a tournament that has like... a prize pool. And other games that aren't smash. Woo! Have fun at that fest. Hope Isai shows up and wrecks you guys in 64 <3

Last edited:

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
yo double d needs to add me my friend request has been pending for like ever now :p

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
So the Project M tournament that I ran and streamed in Tallahassee this past Saturday went really well. Doubles was a bit of a nightmare because of a bunch of really dumb stuff, but Singles went amazingly, and we really got to see some good play. The Top 8 video is processing on YT right now, but here's the link for later!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpx0p2OrB7I

EDIT: YouTube rejected the upload for some reason. I'll get a better recording of it up as soon as I can access my desktop PC. You can watch the matches on twitch though.

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/c_naught/b/517315078 (DOUBLES)
Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/c_naught/b/517399603 (SINGLES)
Top 8: http://www.twitch.tv/c_naught/c/4020805 (I think it actually ended up being Top 6 on accident, and we got kicked out of the venue before Grand Finals could be recorded.)

Grand Finals: Jam (DK - W) vs Paz (Fox - L)
Set 1: Paz takes it in a very close 3-1, each match going to last stock. Jam started to get a better feel for Paz's playstyle as the set went on. Paz wins, and resets the bracket, as he came from Losers.
Set 2: Game 1 goes to Jam, Game 2 goes to Paz, Game 3 goes to Paz, Game 4 goes to Jam. Game 5 is on Lylat Cruise, and Paz clutches out a victory on the last stock.

People in Tallahassee really liked the stream setup and the "professionalism" with which the tournament was ran and broadcasted. They seem interested in making a monthly event happen at a local game store called GameScape, which might let us stay as late as 3AM. We'd also have the chance to start hosting Melee as well, if we can get enough support for it there.

It might be worth it to make trips to Tally for a monthly there, as well as the monthly tournaments that we'd like to host here as well.

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
So the Project M tournament that I ran and streamed in Tallahassee this past Saturday went really well. Doubles was a bit of a nightmare because of a bunch of really dumb stuff, but Singles went amazingly, and we really got to see some good play. The Top 8 video is processing on YT right now, but here's the link for later!
Really nice Job streaming, Cosmo. I watched the Top 8 and you have a pretyt good layout and nice quality video, also pretty good commentary.

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks dude. Things I need: Dedicated commentators and better mics. I would have done a better job myself if I wasn't running the stream and trying to get my co-commentator to focus on the match. My first time streaming a tourney, so it was a little rough around the edges, but hey, I'm getting there.

Fro Fo Sho

Smash Rookie
I love tally. I have some old friends out there I'd love to see. Next time you're riding out that way, I'll try and tag along and kick in for gas and such!

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
New info about school tourney thing:

There's a school wide one coming up, but they said none of the people outside of our school can go. But, they did say they were probably hosting the fundraising public one sometime during the summer, and with that schedule we should have more time for more than just singles and Maybe even Project M, if we find a decent venue.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
New info about school tourney thing:

There's a school wide one coming up, but they said none of the people outside of our school can go. But, they did say they were probably hosting the fundraising public one sometime during the summer, and with that schedule we should have more time for more than just singles and Maybe even Project M, if we find a decent venue.
Well crap, pfhs anime club was getting hype at a potential cross schools thing :p
oh well guess there's summer

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I went to a tournament in Tallahassee a few weeks ago. There's gonna be more in the future, and we're going to try to incorporate Melee in the future events.

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
I just got contacted by a player in Gulf Breeze, apparently he and some of his friends are looking to play (and consider themselves tournament ready!) I'm super excited, we're seeing a lot of growth in our community as of late!

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
So next mobile tourney or a smashfest in the near future we should run crews against Alabama. It would be perfect before summer gets going and hype.
8man crews with 1 alt
What would our team look like?

P.S- Ragnarock might as well be on our team.lol

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
had it been on a saturday we would have had the time but next time for sure. wonder if i would get put in for the crews battle

Zone

Smash Champion
Everyone try to get the 26th of April off. Going I throw a tournament before Derrick leaves forever.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Everyone try to get the 26th of April off. Going I throw a tournament before Derrick leaves forever.
smashfest on my birthday?
oh god I hope I can talk my mom into letting me leave the house :p

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Apparently there's also a Montgomery AL Tournament the 26th.
Where are you hosting your tourney Zone? You guys' place?
Also sad that Derek's going, he's cool and was fun to ride with to LA for Tha Shrimp and helped me with my decision to stay Marth. Sucks he's gonna go.

Top Bottom