• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola (FL) Melee Player Finder & Social Thread

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
I want to get involved in the local scene (streaming events, hosting tourneys, playing), and need to know who plays in the area! I know there is a Brawl scene, so there should be some Melee as well! I live on the UWF campus, so I'm not too far from anywhere.

EDIT: The thread has taken off quite a bit since I initially made it, and we've got a good number of people interested in playing a lot of the time! I'll be updating this post with their names and phone numbers so we all have easy access to each other's contact info if anyone wants to play.

Jon (CosmoNaught) - 850-217-6311
MrTea - 1-832-859-8577
Mankosuki - 850-341-3226
DemonicDragon - 334-327-9412

Last edited:

Pritch

Smash Lord
Mankosuki and zone are the ones you want to get hooked up with, as I'm pretty sure their house is the hub of Pcola smash. Not sure how often they're on the boards nowadays though, but I could text one of them and tell them this thread exists.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
While i don't live in the Pensacola area (Yet) That is my scene for smash. I'm usually down there with zone when i am there and you go to the UWF? I could use a friend there cause i'm signing up for school in January.

Ruse

Fox
sk8rbaj and I have been playing Project Melee and Melee a bit. We usually get together 3-4 times a week. 850 982 2348

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I want to get involved in the local scene (streaming events, hosting tourneys, playing), and need to know who plays in the area! I know there is a Brawl scene, so there should be some Melee as well! I live on the UWF campus, so I'm not too far from anywhere.
I know Pensacola is far away from Lake Worth but if we had a big enough cash pot and enough players interested would you be willing to stream our event? I want to learn how to do it myself but would like to learn from someone.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm always looking to play with people, and I haven't hung with Zone in a while. Feel free to text me: 850-582-8805
Sorry, some stuff has been coming up, and with holidays. I've just been getting pwned. Plus you tend to work on my ideal days to play/gather.

I'll shoot you a invite soon a bit after new years.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
850-532-9666
Wow, as soon as I click Atlantic South expecting to have to make a thread about Pensacola smash there already is one, and apparently a scene here , too. Awesome. So you're someone organizes Smash in Pcola? A friend and I are getting into competitive Melee but have nowhere to play. How do you do things ?

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone from Pensacola play 64? There is a small group of us in Ft. Walton that plays and one of us plays Melee. If not, no biggie just thought I'd try.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I won't be free to play for a while. Christmas means over night shifts for me at work. Then my boss has a one week suspension after that so I'm going to be running the department all week. It'll probably be mid Jan when I'm free again.

Also, Zone is moving out so our place will no longer be smash central for Pensacola. I assume we'll be using his new place, Ruse's, or one of these new posters popping up. Welcome newbies, looking forward to playing you guys!

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
I won't be free to play for a while. Christmas means over night shifts for me at work. Then my boss has a one week suspension after that so I'm going to be running the department all week. It'll probably be mid Jan when I'm free again.

Also, Zone is moving out so our place will no longer be smash central for Pensacola. I assume we'll be using his new place, Ruse's, or one of these new posters popping up. Welcome newbies, looking forward to playing you guys!
Nooo Not Smash Central.. My place is cool when i have the house to myself..What ever will the 850 dooooooo :o?

Zone

Smash Champion
I'll be sending invites via text message in about a week here soon.

So if you haven't already go ahead and call/text me so I get your info on my phone. @Glitch

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I had some fun playing with Zone and Dragon today, really cool dudes. Thank god are some good players around the Pcola area. Looking to practice more with these guys in the future.

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna try and get my work schedule changed so I can have weekends free. I wanna play with the scene, since it seems to be growing now. I play Melee, PM, and 64 (albeit very poorly), so hit me up during the week if you wanna play. Also, if any of you are going to Apex, text me so we can play.

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
I know Pensacola is far away from Lake Worth but if we had a big enough cash pot and enough players interested would you be willing to stream our event? I want to learn how to do it myself but would like to learn from someone.
I'm absolutely willing to stream tourneys. I actually have the backing of Melee It On Me as well, so we can drum up a decent viewing for your tourneys as well.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
For those who are free tomorrow there is a smashfest at me and Zone's place tomorrow (time is not confirmed yet got to wait on Zone's final thoughts just incase you guys wanted to smash a bit.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really surprised if melee really did have a Organization issue like it did. With so many people i don't see how it's possible to set all of that up in the short time they was allowed. However This is a learning expirence for you. I remember at the start of this topic you wanted to set up tournaments and Streams for the pensacola area. You can take the knowledge from what Apex lacked and use it to improve your own skills in organizing and etc.

By the way Lmao for a Fat sandwhich and the dude in charlotte creeping you out like that. I don't know if i would have been able to just react the way you did

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Ah, yeah. That's pretty lame that you barely got to experience Apex. All that traveling for 5 hours of attendance, that sucks. Thanks for posting your experience, it was enjoyable to read nonetheless. But , Dragon is right with what he's saying about your own organization. At least now you know what YOU shouldn't do and what you don't like about that kind of organization.

Top Bottom