• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola (FL) Melee Player Finder & Social Thread

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Had a great time with all of you guys this weekend, was an amazing experience for me. Tha shrimp was pretty hardcore of a tourney for me , though. Seemed like everyone there was at LEAST leveled up to 50. I think I really need to practice a ton more and play at locals before going to a tourney like that again on a Sunday, lol. Regardless, had fun. Thanks for inviting me to go with you guys , and giving me a ride @ Dinowulf Dinowulf

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I'm hoping to be keeping an eye on this thread and the tourney boards for any I can attend in good time... it's a bummer for me to be unable to attend those two tourneys, but there's always plenty of others.

oh, and I was a bit mistaken earlier, it wasn't Lafayette County I was going to this weekend, it's Eufaula, LA that I'm going to for this wedding cake... I glanced at the LA thread real quick, but didn't find anything... anyone know any players over there?

Last edited:

Fro Fo Sho

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i just wanted to spread to the word a bit about a Pensacola Smash Bros Facebook group i started. I mentioned it to Zone. So if you guys still use Facebook, the link is

https://www.facebook.com/groups/134182206752487/

or you can just search for "Pensacola Smash Bros" on Facebook. I noticed there are big group's for Gainesville and Orlando and figured we needed one of our own. The goal is just to have another outlet to organize smash sessions.

Zone

Smash Champion
yeah, Mikey/Wafe/Ragnarok + other mobile players, who play with Pensacola all the time, need to tell the Tournament organizers that your location is Pensacola FL. Just so they don't seed you against people you practice with on the daily.

LOL@ Demonic Dragon, telling the TO he's from New York. :rofl:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Disregard that I mentioned my school running a Melee tourney, lmao.

I just talked to the guy about when it was going down, and he Said it was two weeks from now , and I asked the rules, and how setups were going to be
And this is how it went

"yeah im an experienced TO so I know what im doing
[8:01:51 PM] Glitch: so
we arent doing regular tourney rules at all
[8:01:55 PM] Glitch: no stage striking or anything like that?
[8:02:44 PM Jim: Stage striking?
[8:03:20 PM] Jim That image is the stge select we are using.
[8:03:37 PM] Glitch: So you dont know basic tourney rules?
[8:03:56 PM] Jim: I know them, and I hate tourneyfegging.
[8:04:10 PM] Glitch: What you mean tourneyfegging
[8:04:30 PM] Jim: We will go with that stage select, 5 stock, no items.
[8:04:42 PM] Jim: 2 brackets.
[8:04:48 PM] Jim: Coinflip to select stage."

" We're playing 5 stock, Every stage is legal except for Ice climbers, Big Blue, Planet Zebes, SMB 2, Temple, and Flat Zone. I'm not going to ban a stage like Onett just because you can get hit by cars, if you're a good enough player you aren't going to let that stop you from winning."
I said
"But i could like camp one side of the stage and just do something gay like backthrow Forward Smash and win that way, and there's no stable place to fight on Onett at all. Tourney rules are like 4 stock, no items, 8 mins, (stage lineup)" and just got told that wasn't right and that tournament rules are 3 stock no time and all stage legal except a few.
He also said he would win by using PK Thunder 2 with Ness , so forget I ever even said anything about this tournament, lol.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Disregard that I mentioned my school running a Melee tourney, lmao.

I just talked to the guy about when it was going down, and he Said it was two weeks from now , and I asked the rules, and how setups were going to be.

" We're playing 5 stock, Every stage is legal except for Ice climbers, Big Blue, Planet Zebes, SMB 2, Temple, and Flat Zone. I'm not going to ban a stage like Onett just because you can get hit by cars, if you're a good enough player you aren't going to let that stop you from winning."
I said
"But i could like camp one side of the stage and just do something gay like backthrow Forward Smash and win that way, and there's no stable place to fight on Onett at all. Tourney rules are like 4 stock, no items, 8 mins, (stage lineup)" and just got told that wasn't right and that tournament rules are 3 stock no time and all stage legal except a few.
He also said he would win by using PK Thunder 2 with Ness , so forget I ever even said anything about this tournament, lol.
hah, sounds like this guy you're talking about could use a SERIOUS reality check...oh well, would be funny to see someone here go anyways, and troll the poor shmuck by using his rules against him, leaving with the comment "Tournament rules prevent this crap, your rules don't. Good Games"

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
yeah, Mikey/Wafe/Ragnarok + other mobile players, who play with Pensacola all the time, need to tell the Tournament organizers that your location is Pensacola FL. Just so they don't seed you against people you practice with on the daily.

LOL@ Demonic Dragon, telling the TO he's from New York. :rofl:
Yea sorry guys, it was my first time meeting a lot of players so I didn't know to seed ya'll. Next time we'll get it straight. Also, always come by and check the brackets before the first round gets too deep, because if you point out a bad seed early there's a good chance the TO can move you.

Scrub tournaments are always going to run lame rulesets. You should still go and scope out players who might actually be interested in playing and get there numbers.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Scrub tournaments are always going to run lame rulesets. You should still go and scope out players who might actually be interested in playing and get there numbers.
Yeah, I was thinking of going for that reason alone and to possibly win, if it's school only. Just thought that happening was funny, haha.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Yeah, I was thinking of going for that reason alone and to possibly win, if it's school only. Just thought that happening was funny, haha.
whatever you do, make sure he prints out the rules ahead of time... otherwise there's a chance that if he starts raging, he'll change something... can't slap reality in someone who claims their opponent is breaking some unspecified rules. :cool:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Lmao Zone. This weekend it's a test run tourney to see how well the event goes and it's in some sort of anime club at my high school , but I think they're getting an actual venue after the test one. Would be great if you guys came

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
D

do it. I see people playin ygo all the time. When did they host one? Or it hasnt happened yet?
I haven't seen it done yet at PSC. in fact i don't know any events that goes on there at all.
I wouldn't mind hosting in at PSC if i can get the time to.

also i can't go to the tournament this weekend i have to go to Birmingham for military work and i won't be back till weds (afternoon)

Zone

Smash Champion
Boy i hope not. People don't know how to run tournaments for the life of me. Now it would be better if i had ran it.
Brack people do run fast.
Lmao Zone. This weekend it's a test run tourney to see how well the event goes and it's in some sort of anime club at my high school , but I think they're getting an actual venue after the test one. Would be great if you guys came
What high school is it? chances are I probably can't go. and not because I'm busy. But because Florida has laws that protect children from rapists and kidnappers. So to even get on campus of schools, I need a school ID badge most likely.

I dunno, find out if a man like me can go there glitch lol. I don't want to show up and get the cops called on me.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
What high school is it? chances are I probably can't go. and not because I'm busy. But because Florida has laws that protect children from rapists and kidnappers. So to even get on campus of schools, I need a school ID badge most likely.

I dunno, find out if a man like me can go there glitch lol. I don't want to show up and get the cops called on me.
Escambia, lol. And yeah, I figure'd that'd be a problem, That's why I mentioned That after the school tourney they might get a venue and do one for a fundraiser. I'll still ask about you, though.

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
Yea sorry guys, it was my first time meeting a lot of players so I didn't know to seed ya'll. Next time we'll get it straight. Also, always come by and check the brackets before the first round gets too deep, because if you point out a bad seed early there's a good chance the TO can move you.

It wasn't you I was talking about. I meant in Louisianna. we all drove like 4 hours to get there... only to fight eachother first round.

Mankosuki had to fight Wafe round 1.

I had to fight Mikey Round 1.

Anthony + Derrick had to fight Mankosuki round one in teams.

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
[quote="darkm3tr01d, post: 16442556, member: 1444toow, those little *******s[/quote]
You did great and def looking forward to another tournament from you guys

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
perhaps whatever tournament happens next, I'll be able to tag along for.

I'd get absolutely hysterical if I arrive at Eufaula, LA; help finish the wedding cake on time, and discover some kind of Smash related event going on.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm at least going to keep myself from rusting too much, so I'll probably take my console and stuff with me, just in case.

Last edited:

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Glad to know there's a scene around here. Not exactly sure how to participate and whatever :/

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Don't get your hopes up I'm a serious scrub
Don't worry dude I'm a scrub at melee but I play with these guys all the time. We here to learn and get good, so it's no big deal.

@ Zone Zone I asked about you and the rest of the crew (Whoever's interested in going)
And they said that Next weekend they're having a tournament That's strictly for the club, and then the FOLLOWING week having another one somewhere else, and that you guys could most likely come regardless of age, lol. That's still subject to change, but I'm sure it wont because as long as you guys are paying you should be good.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
i feel like playing so much project m is making me horrible at melee
i wanna play Mother characters cus theyre some of my favorite games but i wanna be better at melee cus it IS favorite game
why me

Anyway guys we're pretty much confirmed for that school tournament of mine becoming a community tournament, anybody could come. As of now though it's only Brawl and Melee.
they also might put me in charge of organizing so woah might need help/tips or something. As of now though it's only Brawl and Melee, but since i'm probably organizing I'll ask for Project M too if anyone wants it.

I'll let you guys know more about it when it starts getting closer, it's looking about 2-3 weeks away.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Yo when is it I'm interested.
Can't guarantee I'll,be able to make it tho cuz no car but I'll try

Edit: lol didn't read

Last edited:

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
Spring Break is coming up this week for UWF students. I'm actually not even attending this semester, so if I'm not working, I have a TON of free time. If you wanna play, text me, and I'll give you my schedule (as it fills up; my work only schedules 1 week in advance). We've got some new people in the thread, so I'm gonna edit the first post with peoples phone numbers, if you don't mind them being available.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Btw glitched we could organize something with the pfhs anime.club to get a school rivalry thing during the tournament or something.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I has returned from Eufaula, a rather relaxing little place I stayed at, maybe one-twenty-something a night, had LOADS of plugs, looked like it could hold a moderately sized fest there...

based on these messages, there might be a few things going on soon. not quite sure what, though. :ohwell: something about a possible community tournament in a school...?

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I has returned from Eufaula, a rather relaxing little place I stayed at, maybe one-twenty-something a night, had LOADS of plugs, looked like it could hold a small fest there...

based on these messages, there might be a few things going on soon. not quite sure what, though. :ohwell: something about a possible community tournament in a school...?
Nah, the community one wouldn't be in a school. The one we're having this coming weekend thats AT the school, and then they said I'm going to be able to help run another tournament open to the community OUTSIDE of the school somewhere as a fundraiser.

I'll keep you guys informed.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
thanks, I've been getting rather bored out here and would like something to go to. I could practice all I want where I'm at, but CPUs can only get me so far...

Last edited:
Top Bottom