• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Pillar

D

Deleted member

k so i just started practicing this **** at 2 am, i already have it mastered. it's pretty sweet seeing my peach be all technical. oh man. love.

<3.

learn this!

Cia

das kwl
haha, that's exactly how I felt. and wait till you try it on people that have no idea what you're about to do to them. I used it in a tournament once, and someone said "WTH did that Peach just do?!?!" XD

Samochan

Smash Master
Has anyone been able to duplicate the speed shown in the AR video. Magus says he has. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten similar results
All I can say is, that it's hella hard and Magus is god.

Probably the only things I've done is fair to slap, fair to turnaround slap and once I did a bair to perfect turn around doubleslap, but not much else. And some inferior peach pillars with nairs to doubleslap to nair couple of times.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Call me old fashioned...

I'd just as soon grab someone who's shielding rather than get grabbed myself.

Thanks Magus for the frame data though, I had been wondering.

I've got a video of 21 nairs in the 10 seconds of the hrc. I don't practice anymore and am back in the high teens range. Until I can upload it y'all will have to just take my word, and hopefully someone will beat me before I can upload it anyways.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
I'd just as soon grab someone who's shielding rather than get grabbed myself.
im going to have to agree... this is useful for quick attacks, but this is far from a godly technique. i certainly would not try to shield break people with it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6XjKEH1Yk). 11seconds in or so jiano just grabs him.

however, xif does mix it up a lot and i think thats when this technique is useful... not as a pillar or shield break

Cia

das kwl
ugh.. I seriously hate that name, but do to popular demand, we will call it "the condom buster" until further notice.

and LMFAO, yes, she can be all up in your sheild. just make sure you do it correctly, or you WILL be sheild grabbed.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Rofl.

I really think Vanz thinks that this technique is like, friggin unstoppable or something, which just isn't the case.

Cia

das kwl
Rofl.

I really think Vanz thinks that this technique is like, friggin unstoppable or something, which just isn't the case.
lmao!! no that really isn't the case, otherwise, I'd have a lot more wins to my name. but the idea is to not beat up the sheid in front of your opponent so that they grab you. floating around your opponent with D-air is a good way to get behind them. I really think that this technique is only good towards her pressure game and keeping the opponent immobilized.

Cia

das kwl
yeah "insta-float" Nair> FC> A> Dsmash. really defensive combination. I try not to t use dash attack except after an up throw on a fast faller. u can use it to combo

Cia

das kwl
lmfao.. I knew that jman reads this thread!! he seemed to have a little too much information the other day.

oh, and I never took credit for that quote, I just used in very competitive situations.. lolz.

and djn did not make that up. you can hear that in like.. any rap song.. lmao

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Na This Is My First Time Looking At It But Djn Started To Use It At Tournys Be4 Every1 I No U Not Taking It But I Was Just Telling Rocking Lol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Is this what you guys came up with?
(green = shield stun, red = no shield stun)

Also, please let me know what other "pillar" techniques are used, so I can add their frame data too.

Nair>Slap

1 Start Nair
2 Fast Fall

3 Nair Hits, Hitlag
4 Hitlag
5 Hitlag
6 Hitlag
7 Hitlag
8 Hitlag
9 Land, Landing Lag
10 Landing Lag
11 Landing Lag
12 Landing Lag
13 Start Slap
14 Slap Hits, Hitlag
15 Hitlag
16 Hitlag

30 IASA w/ Jump
35 Airborne
36 Float
37 Start Nair (repeat from beginning)

Nair>Nair

1 Start Nair
2 Fast Fall

3 Nair Hits, Hitlag
4 Hitlag
5 Hitlag
6 Hitlag
7 Hitlag
8 Hitlag
9 Land, Landing Lag
10 Landing Lag
11 Landing Lag
12 Landing Lag
13 Start Jump

18 Airborne
19 Float
20 Start Nair (repeat from beginning)
(other questions/ comments pretaining to frame data, please see thread on frame data Q&A - see sig)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Thanks. Are there any other pressure methods i overlooked? I thought i hear XIF used the Nair>jab>jab, but when i looked into it, it's just like the Nair>jab, but worse. So i left it out.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hmm theres not a lot of difference frame-wise, but using 2 jabs before the grab/dsmash makes the pattern longer and more noticeable.

But I also like to Nair > jab > (pause) > jab2, comes quicker than the grab/dsmash and catches them trying to jump out of shield

Cia

das kwl
Jab after nair to weaken sheild a little more to enhance odds of hitting dsmash through sheild.
quoted for truth.

I use this technique more than anything else because ur almost guaranteed to land a hit.

also, a well spaced float > D-air > N-air > FC > Dsmash works miracles on ur opponents sheild. u can throw in a jab after the FC, but ur risking sheild grab, or ur opponent rolling out of sheild

Magus420

Smash Master
Dunno if it was mentioned, but a d-tilt as a mixup with the d-smash works well as it's a near guaranteed shieldstab on a large amount of the cast after just one aerial on a previously undamaged full shield so long as you are positioned as close as you can at their front side after the FC. D-smash also shieldstabs much sooner from the back than in the front with the exception of a few chars, which makes passing through their shield with FCs when pressuring them useful not just for avoiding shieldgrabs.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Dunno if it was mentioned, but a d-tilt as a mixup with the d-smash works well as it's a near guaranteed shieldstab on a large amount of the cast after just one aerial on a previously undamaged full shield so long as you are positioned as close as you can at their front side after the FC. D-smash also shieldstabs much sooner from the back than in the front with the exception of a few chars, which makes passing through their shield with FCs when pressuring them useful not just for avoiding shieldgrabs.
I tried it a little, but it didn't do very much for me.

My opponents usually jumped out of shield when I went for that.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
yeah, the technique and the variations are hardly unstoppable. But there isnt anything in this game like that (within human limitations at least in the case of fox).

Nair d smash works everytime though so long as your timing is tight and you end up poking their sheild, which is a reasonably safe bet. Unless they light sheild, but then they cant counter you =)

nair to jab, nair to double jab, nair to jab to grab.... w/e else, all have a time and place. The most important thing behind the entire idea of doing an FC nair leading to other things is the mixup. therein lies the effectiveness.

alot also relies on how they react. if the dark or light sheild, continually try to roll, side step, etc... rolling is perhaps one of the greatest situations because not only does the opening animation out of sheild often times allows you to double slap, its easy to follow up on unless its mewtwo <_<; continually sidestepping and sheilding the next attack asks for a d smash... light sheild is nice to follow with a dash attack as more often than not people light sheild to get away and do not bother defending properly after they get sheild pushed.

Its not so much prediction or guessing as it is reading. albeit, really fast.

Top Bottom