• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Stage Discussion: Smashville

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I saw we discuss Smashville. That stage is picked so bloody much and I'm surprised that we haven't discussed it yet

Xyless

Smash Master
You know, I agree. I didn't realize I haven't finished the neutrals yet, let alone the most picked stage.

SMASHVILLE COMING UP! Changing the topic now.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I was thinking about Norfair... But has it already been discussed? I'm interested on what things Peach can do on Frigate so yea.

Smashville it is xD

lol PK is right I play on that stage more than FD, Greens, and Brinstar combined.

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm having hesitations with this counterpick list (from meno's old counterpick topic). Wolf's best stage is Smashville? That can't be right.

Xyless

Smash Master
Got a response about the stage options for Wolf from Kain (probably one of if not the best Wolf players, and a local here):

The top 2 wolf stages are prolly FD and BF but since Peach is pretty good on BF too then SV. FD cause he can camp a hell of a lot and has so much aerial room to move around freely. Same with SV kinda since their is only one platform and it's moving around. Peaches cp's....I agree with Lylat since her turnips can gimp wolf pretty easy since his recovery has to be spot on, and she can punish his landing on the platforms pretty well. Jappes idk since more than likely it's for Peach's camping game....but wolf's camping game also goes up on Japes especially if he's on one of the side platforms. IMO best bet is too yea ban FD, best CP's against Wolf for Peach are Lylat-PS1-RC-Brinstar, Brinstar and Lylat being the top 2 imo
I'm going to edit the OP with this info. IMO, it would almost be more effective to make a new CP topic, since Meno's is so...outdated now. I mean, it was made in 2008, for crying out loud. Am I going to make the topic? Heck no, I'm hardly on the ball with this topic. But it'd be great to have better discussion about the stage metagame, and include people who actually use the character to tell us what our best options are.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm thinking we just start over with the CP thread? I'll clear it and get to it soon - hold me to it.

Smashville = Platform Canceling

Is that useful AT ALL? >.>

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Smashville...

Its a flat stage with a moving platform
Thats...it really. I go here if for some reason I don't want to go to FD or if I'm playing vs Wario and want a change from BF

Its a good stage imo, I think Peach does well on stages that don't screw with her terrain too much. Enough room to camp but small enough for you rush in and bring on the pain. Although I personally am not a fan of landing on the platform

You can grab release people like MK on the moving platform and land an Up Smash cause the platform moves you in range
The platform is really really frustrating when you're fighting Wario because he can mash out of a grab when the platform goes over him so he lands on the platform and your Up Smash misses

Hitting the balloon refreshes moves iirc, don't waste a perfectly fresh Uair to burst it, throw a Turnip at it if you're that bothered

I don't see why you shouldn't take Zelda here. Peach ***** Zelda on neutrals. Can't IC's chuck Nana on the platform and spam de synced Blizzards? And yea Snake is not nice here. Random moving platform to mess with your landing/incrase the risk of getting hit by an Up Tilt and the perfect place for him to drop a C4

Its like a smaller FD with the janky ledges being replaced by a janky platform

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I'm thinking we just start over with the CP thread? I'll clear it and get to it soon - hold me to it.

Smashville = Platform Canceling

Is that useful AT ALL? >.>
I have been experimenting with Platform canceling alittle and I think it can have some usage for peach. But idk if I'm doing something wrong but I feel like there is some lag from the landing (mind you I am not doing an aerial) In comparison to characters who abuse this like marth I think peach's for some reason might be slower. Like I said I'm not 100% sure if this is the case and it could just be me being slow or something.

I see platform canceling to be helpful in situations where you want to get noticeable height without using your float and quickly. also it can help peach quickly get out off the stage faster for a quick surprise edge guard.

I'll post some more things regarding smashville in a little.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Smashville is fun as hell to play on. The platform helps her more than it hurts her, at least that's the case for me. A distinct example being that it helps her ability to cover a more diagonally upward direction of movement if she needs to give chase quicker, or an additional method of faking someone out; granted that you've downloaded the European metagame to a T like I have and depending on which direction the platform is moving at the time. It also allows for many different forms of turnip play, both offensive and defensive (see: camping the **** out of the Ice Climbers on said platform). So to answer your question Meno, yes platform canceling is indeed useful. If anything, it at least eliminates any unnecessary air-time from a full hop and grants characters a quick method of regaining all of their ground options in the blink of an eye.

That's...it really. The rest just consists on who the better player is in terms of mano a mano combat.

@ Peachkid- You're pressing the shield button down either too slow or too hard and that is what results in the slight lag animation for Peach (well...it applies to any character, really, although they all have varying lag durations). Think of how one must tilt the control stick for a tilt attack as opposed to mashing it and pressing A. Now apply that sensation to how lightly you must press the shield button as opposed to pressing it all the way down. It will result in the desired lagless landing.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I just take everyone to Smashville on neutrals. It can really accomodate both Peach's offensive and defensive game, as stated by KB.

I love when my opponent is recovering from the side where the platform is because I get opportunities for even more mixups.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
KB: I actually didn't use the Shield button before hand. I just pushed jump again and down i think. But I'll start trying Shield if that produces better results.

Anyways....

Smashville. Smashville. Smashvile.

This is like seriously where everyone goes to in the first game of a set, both singles and doubles respectfully. And for good reason too, It's layout mirrors FD's but takes out the stupid lip and gives you a platform that dainty hovers above the main field. But I'm here to describe how Peach can work this stage and not babble about the stage's geography so I'm gonna stop myself right there

Peach fits well on this stage, pure and simple. The platform is high enough to shield her from attacks from above and low enough so that she can blast away with some hearts (only if she could hit with Usmashes from under that stupid thing). The blast zones are decently sized and the ceiling is relatively high up there, sure its no JJ but it can keep you living alittle longer sometimes. The main platform is long and yet short enough for her to be able to camp pretty effectively and make a decent escape from pressure on the main ground, and the floating platform only boosts that ability for her as well.

I believe the Goldilocks theorem (Not to ____ but not too _____, its just right. For anyone who needed me to explain) applies to this stage very very well. Hell we even got a girl with golden blond hair running around chucking unripened or rotten turnips around so it fits even better XD. One thing I like is that the floating platform works so well for Peach, especially when somebody tries to attack her from under her. Why you ask? Well, Mikey gave me some insight about MK saying if your ever on the ground and above him and he tries to uair, shield and dsmash (or even ftilt, that kick reaches pretty far down ya' know?). I applied this logic to the rest of the cast because I am prrreeetttyyyyy sure nobody has a uair thats faster than MK's. Do the math and then you realize that peach is really really **** safe if she is on that platform.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Anyone tried using the platform to get a boost of speed when its going in your direction?

Smashville is amazing.
I do this all the time actually. And DID YOU KNOW
inb4wrongthread

that you can walk slowly in the opposite direction as the platform is moving and you will stay in place but still going through the animation? I do this whenever I get a kill xp

Nicole

Smash Champion
this is probably the neutral you want to be fighting mk on. when in doubt, i'd go to this stage. it's small, and peach likes small stages. i think it's not bad against falco either (obviously you want yoshi's against him but he probably wont let that happen). i really cant think of anyone you would want to avoid this level for.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I agree with Nicole. Smashville is usually the solution to counterpicking confusion or doubt anyway.

Fighting MK here is also quite comfortable. FD is similar, but the sheer size of the stage will make it an unnecessary chore to kill him as early as possible, and Battlefield will eventually work in his favor as Peach's percentage starts to increase and she gets sent higher into the air more often. Smashville is the happy medium between the two. Just watch out for rogue Shuttle Loops if you're around the platform and near the side and/or DI them correctly if you get hit; and you should have little trouble making the fight a rather straightforward, stage-based one.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I love Smashville to death.

I was gonna suggest what happens to her ability to camp on such a small stage. Does it affect her in a significant way?

But I do agree on Peach liking small stages. It's good to kill at reasonable percentages.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
People should learn Platform canceling for Smashville and abuse the platform. It makes her seem faster and as for me....

It makes me camp more.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
...So when are we gonna talk about Distant Planet and how fun it is to bring Diddy there? >:3

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
We could talk about it now. Thread titles mean nothing.

I dont really know much about Distant Planet, other than easier usmashes on plats, and possible major turnip camping.

Top Bottom