• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PC vs KDJ vs M2k Fox Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
(These records are just outta memory. Feel free to correct my mistakes)

M2k's Fox went a little less than even with KDJ's Fox. M2k's Fox ALWAYS lost to PC's characters. (He had never beaten PC in tourney until he switched to Marth) M2k's Fox always beat Chillin....even before he went on his 06' rampage. As far as I know, Chillin has only beaten M2k once in tourney since M2k became pro, and it was actually M2k's Marth that lose to Chillin's Sheik. M2k's Fox has never taken out Chu in tourney, but his secondary characters have. PC's has.

As far as I know, no one's Fox has beaten Ken's Marth in a long long time. M2k did beat Ken in MLG in 06 in I think 1 of the 3 times they faced off...? KDJ has only won against Ken's Marth with Sheik.

PC's Fox HAS beaten M2k's Marth, but usually loses. (Same with his Falco) KDJ has never beaten M2k's marth with Fox, only Sheik. PC's Fox usually beats Chu and Chillin. Chu usually beats all Fox players besides PC.

Chillin doesn't really beat anyone consistently that we are talkin about. I think he does pretty well Vs Chu, but usually loses to PC, always loses to M2k, and I can't remember him beating KDJ.

IIRC KDJ's Fox usually beat PC's Fox. Goes even with, perhaps with a bit of an edge on M2k's.

PC seems to have the best Fox based on tourney records. However I personally think that KDJ's is better, but he doesn't play enough. :( M2k's was never best, but very good. Its hard to say how good it can be now.
You know ALOT about those guys.

good shiet.

JFox

Smash Hero
how can we correct it if its your opinion >_>
I meant correct any of the tournament data that I have wrong...

Thanks RaynEX. Most of the info I posted was all from the MLG 06' year, during the smash revolution where kids like M2k and KDJ were takin the smash world by storm. PC, KDJ, and M2k are all in my region, along with Chu and Chillin not too far away. So I try to keep informed.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
IIRC KDJ's Fox usually beat PC's Fox. Goes even with, perhaps with a bit of an edge on M2k's.
Is this before or after MLG Vegas? Because there PC switched to Fox to beat KDJ's Fox to win the national championship.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Is this before or after MLG Vegas? Because there PC switched to Fox to beat KDJ's Fox to win the national championship.
That's only one match though. Just because PC's Fox beat KDJ's Fox in one match doesn't mean that KDJ's Fox cannot be better.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Guys, does it really matter?

We know its between PC's Fox and KDJ's. So leave it there. Debating doesn't make sense when you can't come upon an agreement.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Guys, does it really matter?

We know its between PC's Fox and KDJ's. So leave it there. Debating doesn't make sense when you can't come upon an agreement.
I will say that KDJ is creative and gutsy, while M2K and PC just seem to do whatever is safest and least punishable all the time. It makes them hard to beat but also not much fun to watch.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ive improved my fox lately, and i play flashy as hell in friendlies now, you shouldn't make statements like that when ur only basing it off old vids.

Jfox you really don't know what you're talking about in half the things you said.

You guys should stop assuming things about people you don't know, only the actual players themselves know themselves.

The reason I haven't used my new Fox is because I never know when I should use him rather than Marth or a different character, so I just stay Marth when I'm not sure who to use.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The reason I haven't used my new Fox is because I never know when I should use him rather than Marth or a different character, so I just stay Marth when I'm not sure who to use.
I guess the best time to use your Fox is when you're losing or in the Loser's bracket. This is just a suggestion though. You're still good with other characters none the less.

RaynEX - Another general rule: Fox is emo. Period.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Rockin said:
I guess the best time to use your Fox is when you're losing or in the Loser's bracket.
Are you kidding? I know M2K's fox is godly but...I'm sure the smash community would agree his Marth is much more intimidating/effective against other top players.

M2k. Who do you enjoy playing more? Who is more comfortable for you?

Rockin said:
RaynEX - Another general rule: Fox is emo. Period.
agreed.

Vwins

Smash Ace
omg this thread is so epic :cool:
i beat tink at pound, and Ka-master took me out at fc! LOL! :laugh:
I beat tink, silent-wolf and cunning at FC! ( and PC in friendly! lol :embarrass) RAWR! :psycho:
vwins is too good i agree , he needs to come down to the states more and ****
Thx man that means alot coming from you :). Sadly the big tournaments in the state are too far from montreal :(. I wish I could come more often to get experience but its harder to attempt tournament when you are not making profits. You should come to montreal once! :p I'll try to attempt a tournament in New-York region before Brawl comes out.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah lol, Vwins is crazy. I like his Fox alot. It did awesoem in crew battles at FC and pools.

JFox

Smash Hero
Jfox you really don't know what you're talking about in half the things you said.
Where did I go wrong? Which part of that was not consistent with tournament records?

M2k, I would suggest using your Fox against Falcon, Jiggs and Sheik...

Its not hard to see that Marth has the disadvantage against Sheik. And despite the fact that you are rather good at the matchup, many people will counterpick you. People like Chillin and Forward are a good deal lower than you in skill, and yet their sheik's still give your Marth enough trouble that its cause for concern. They can't touch you with their space animals. So switch to Fox against Sheik.

Also I noticed you switched to Fox against PC's Falcon, which I think was a smart move.

And well, that Mango loss was kinda BS, but you might as well switch against Jiggs too since you're awesome at the Fox vs jiggs match.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Where did I go wrong? Which part of that was not consistent with tournament records?

M2k, I would suggest using your Fox against Falcon, Jiggs and Sheik...

Its not hard to see that Marth has the disadvantage against Sheik. And despite the fact that you are rather good at the matchup, many people will counterpick you. People like Chillin and Forward are a good deal lower than you in skill, and yet their sheik's still give your Marth enough trouble that its cause for concern. They can't touch you with their space animals. So switch to Fox against Sheik.

Also I noticed you switched to Fox against PC's Falcon, which I think was a smart move.

And well, that Mango loss was kinda BS, but you might as well switch against Jiggs too since you're awesome at the Fox vs jiggs match.
Agreed.

mog87

Smash Ace
As Teddy Atlas says "Styles make fights". And didnt chillin beat m2k in a fox ditto set at some local c3 or something like a month or 2 ago. And theres alot more good foxes that werent really mentioned or given credit but in this case its not so much superiority of style as just general player skill.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I think we've discussed this enough. My spidey senses are telling me that we'll be circling around some of the previously discussed topics soon enough.

Their styles are different, but all still effective.

End of story.

I'm just going to close this before more people come in without reading previous posts, then pot what they think, then others will post contraditing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom