• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patent Broken Ice Combo

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Broken Ice

This is patented and own by the one and only Broken Ice

This is a combo I've invented for snake that I've been working on. I have no videos at the moment. But, here we go its very simple but very effective. First you drop two grenades and most of the time ppl like to rush in IDK why do not ask me why but once they decide to do so grab and D-throw. This hasn't been fully tested but I believe it to be an instant 35-45% damage and if u have port priority this causes no knock back to snake and you can add an u-air to the combo for a extra 10 - 15% to cause this combo to hit 50%+. Try it comment let me know how it works out. Remember the name Broken Ice cause when I play broken **** happens.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
That name is so fitting, your opponents controller would have to be broken to get caught in this.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
And all the board wants is helpful techniques, not threads where people say, "THIS IS MY COMBO! THIS IS HOW I AWESOME I AM! ALSO YOUR OPPONENT HAS TO BE PRETTY **** STUPID TO FALL INTO THIS 'COMBO'."

Browny

Smash Hater
this sounds like it would work with warlock punch too, coz everyone just runs into my attacks idk why

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I like it, but it's not as good as a crombo

QFT. in all honesty though guy, 1) that is a generic "combo" 2) most ppl wouldnt rush you when u just have 2 nades sitting there ( which they would have to be out for a bit inorder for ur legendary combo of greatness to work). so all in all we have a generic noob "combo" and you're naming it after yourself while extolling your own playstyle. Now who would comment positively on that? You came in here as if you were a paragon for the people. Heck what if i came up to you and said behold SYON COMBO: THE OPPONENT RUNS INTO ME AS A SHIELD DROP A NADE, SO I FULLHOP NAIR THEN THROW THE NADE. 2 GUDDDD LAWLS LAWLS LAWLS BECUZ I 4GAT THE PURPOSE OF ACRONYMS LAWL BROKEN LAWL

thats just stupid, and thats how you sound right now. GRANTED for all i know you could be good.point is i cant see you as you are, i can only perceive you through my eyes and paradigms. so show us something that speaks of ur talent. not of your foolish audacity.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Granted that's just a combo that doesn't really need a patent and name. keep in mind that patenting requires the idea to be fresh and new... who knows if others have done it without realizing it..

I mean does connecting a dropped nikita into u-smash when he's flying towards you for 20% considered innovative???

overall the 2 grenades to d-throw is simply amplifying damage due to 2 grenades explode next to each other for the 20%. Heck if someone drops 2 grenades and shoots an u-smash plus d-throw connecting all together...

a smart person would not run into a grenade at all....

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Generally, when there are 2 grenades around somebody, they jump because, y'know, its a good way to not get hit by the explosions >.>

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
This combo is fun but not that effective. If you want to be able to utilize that D-Throw of Snake's then use Mortars and THEN put em to sleep. Like seriously I just Mortarslide with a charged Mortar, fire another Mortar, then grab em and put em to sleep while they take the damage. Its more effective since its easy to out people on the defensive with the slide. This is better used as ledgeguard, pressure move but its consistent. Bottom line: I get what you're trying to do but its better to use Mortars for comboing than Grenades. Only stupid people run into things they know is going to kill them. Bring the killing to them :)

Top Bottom