• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.05 Analysis

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Bugs and fixes.
Yeah you could be right, I got too excited. After all, the game still says 1.0.4(is that the case for everyone?) and displays the same list of changes it always did since november. So this is most likely a functionality thing.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I've tested it out with a person who hadn't updated the game, and side-by-side, activated the Power Bow; I have an accurate timing when pressing buttons simultaneously, and in fact, the Power Bow DOES charge slower in the updated version of the 3DS game.

So there are no more rumors of possible changes to the characters, because there are changes made to the game that makes it quite similar to the Wii U version, and that's prevalent in the characters, more so in Link than anyone else.

Now his Quickfire Bow is viable in the 3DS version because it can deal damage in a much faster time now. It still deals around 7% damage at the end of the attack (which still, makes no sense). The Power Bow is now less viable, but can still be useful in situations.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think there's any balance changes to normal movesets. So anyone *thinking* there is without knowing numbers and percents. Please don't waste time. x_x It's the 1.0.4 Patch all over again.

Project Quarantine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ianwit8
There's this thing. It's called Sarcasm c:

No, but in all honestly, i found out about that technique quite literally the day AFTER I decided to start using Link. That jab combo, so to speak, sealed the deal for me :)
Sarcasm doesn't come out well in typing mate.

Too bad I made a tier list upon seeing that maintenance error. Now I might have to change a few things.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I really don't think there's any balance changes to normal movesets. So anyone *thinking* there is without knowing numbers and percents. Please don't waste time. x_x It's the 1.0.4 Patch all over again.
Absolutely like the 1.04 patch, because the only changes I see aren't of the normal attack kind, nor the special, but in the custom moves themselves. Once again, I've confirmed first that custom specials have been modified indefinitely, but only a select few of them.

T-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
lT-Manl
3DS FC
5086-1450-2098
Didn`t read ALL the pages of this thread... So I apologize if this was said

I noticed that TL/Link`s Shield got a MAGIC buff which can BLOCK LAZORSS

LOL, No more pew pew pew for Link/TL`s faces :p

Last edited:

Judo777

Smash Master
Someone test Bowsercide, the last patches change of bowsercide was the worst balance change ever.

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
Seems they made a change to jigglypuff's rollout yet again. Before, when making impact with an opponent while airborne, the knockback inflicted would be strictly vertical. Now it seems this is always the case if you INITIATE the rollout while airborne. Even if you land on the ground before colliding with your opponent, the knockback you inflict is strictly vertical, resembling rest's knockback. I thought this was a little weird. I'm not 100% sure if this wasn't the case in versions prior but I use rollout quite a lot; way more than I should tbh so I think I'd know.

Teh Sandwich

Smash Apprentice
If they took links jab combos out I'll be so upset.. Maybe the jab lock would be ok, but if they remove his jab-Dsmash or jab-grab combos... That would put him below bottom tier.

Virgule

Smash Cadet
NNID
virgule222
On the smashbros subreddit someone claim that bots have been improved and a few persons agree to this statement. The fact that the amiibos are now usable on 3DS and they are bot themselves makes me believe that it might be true. Although i didn't not notice anyhting too spectacular and as i didn't play bot too much i can't really tell a difference if there is one, so if someone used to bot beahviors could test it, it would be nice.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Someone test Bowsercide, the last patches change of bowsercide was the worst balance change ever.
Bowser is unchanged. Land Lag Cancels through Sh Air Dodge into Specials still work.

Can't reverse Fortress. Side B still sucks and remains unchanged from 1.0.4.

Pivot Grab range is still intact.

Jab Traps still work.

So yeah ****ing nothing happened.

All this update did was fix a couple bugs and glitches, add some Mii sharing thing and stuff all while saying **** you to anyone who was playing the 3DS and saved a lot of replays.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
amiibos give the same exact presents between the 3DS and the Wii U.

However, the hat values don't match up 100%, and so far I noticed one custom equipment that was different.

The custom moves so far have been all been the same. So...once amiibo hacking kicks off, it will make unlocking special moves/ hats/ outfits a breeze.

Signia

Smash Lord
Running list of frauds:

@Yonder "OMG GOYS HOO HAH IS GONE EVERYONE REJOICE"
@/u/giggity-gooo "i am 12 and have played over 200 games so Sonic is defintely differnt"
@ Lavani Lavani "i cant diagonal jab no mroe link is bad again T_T"
@Danlucard "no english good but lucario nerfed/buffed pls man"

Please @Dantarion save these poor souls from their sins.

Judo777

Smash Master
Its not that bad as opposed to the little gimmicks diddy and the other try-hard characters got.
I disagree, i consider making something that was already pretty good even better not near as bad as making something that was already no even slightly an issue horrible to the point of making the character unplayable lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani "i cant diagonal jab no mroe link is bad again T_T"
hi

have a side-by-side comparison:

left is 1.0.4, right is 1.0.5

not to mention I said nothing of Link's viability and even mentioned the jab itself is unchanged and that manual crouch>jab would still work, so pls don't put words in my mouth and then cry fraud tyvm

drLemons

Smash Rookie
NNID
leivionade
Found two changes:
  • Peach's down throw turnips now send opponents away instead of towards her
  • Smart Bombs do less hits over the same time: 35 hits for 32% to 13 hits for 27%-29%
These were the only two differences I know which persisted between the 3DS and Wii U versions before 1.0.5. If someone has 1.0.4, please feel free to confirm this as this is from memory.

Last edited:

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I believe Pikachu's Quick Attack received some visual improvements. Also after completing Smash run, the scores of what people got are displayed on the bottom as well

YGK

Smash Cadet
A friend and I did a little testing last night, didn't think to keep one 3ds pre-patch and the other post-patch but we did find a few things that may merit further investigation:

Little Mac's KO meter appears to fill more slowly (from damage he deals to the opponent, we think)

Megaman's Fsmash appears to have increased range

As I said, we didn't have a pre-patch copy to verify, so it's all a theory until someone can do real testing.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
hi

have a side-by-side comparison:

left is 1.0.4, right is 1.0.5

not to mention I said nothing of Link's viability and even mentioned the jab itself is unchanged and that manual crouch>jab would still work, so pls don't put words in my mouth and then cry fraud tyvm
Link never needed the jab lock to be viable. I'm happy it's gone, I had to fight a lot of clone scrubs who kept trying it on me.

Funny thing is, most of the Link mains didn't really give a damn about that garbage in the first place.

KH1COM2

Smash Boss
Link is hardcore, regardless of his jab being there or NOT being there.

But having that guaranteed tech was pretty solid though, especially against Troll Kong and his banana skin of evil

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
On the smashbros subreddit someone claim that bots have been improved and a few persons agree to this statement. The fact that the amiibos are now usable on 3DS and they are bot themselves makes me believe that it might be true. Although i didn't not notice anyhting too spectacular and as i didn't play bot too much i can't really tell a difference if there is one, so if someone used to bot beahviors could test it, it would be nice.
That was me, and in fact. CPUs have been improved and now resemble those on the Wii U. Anyone who plays with CPUs would notice it immediately.

Btw here are the confirmed changes thus far, don't get placeboed, this is just a patch to add some features and remove some glitches. If an important balance patch were to happen it would be for both 3DS and Wii U.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ve3m6/smash_3ds_patch_105_info_thus_far/

Project Quarantine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ianwit8
To all people just discovering this thread, welcome to the place where if someone says confirmed, people somehow have reason to believe them fully!

Enjoy your stays!

But seriously, don't immediately assume everything is credible when someone says that they have, "confirmed" a change lol.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
That was me, and in fact. CPUs have been improved and now resemble those on the Wii U. Anyone who plays with CPUs would notice it immediately.

Btw here are the confirmed changes thus far, don't get placeboed, this is just a patch to add some features and remove some glitches. If an important balance patch were to happen it would be for both 3DS and Wii U.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ve3m6/smash_3ds_patch_105_info_thus_far/
You can add that Bowser Jr.'s clown car glitch is removed. It would also be worth it to try it out for yourself and not just take my word for it. It takes a few seconds to check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hlwn3J8_Pk

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am starting to love the ability to upload replays. Just on my first search I caught a couple matches from some character board regulars.

Transferring them to those with recording devices is now possible, and assuming you've friended some other mains, it might be a good way to see some things in action. I like the potential this feature has.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Am starting to love the ability to upload replays. Just on my first search I caught a couple matches from some character board regulars.

Transferring them to those with recording devices is now possible, and assuming you've friended some other mains, it might be a good way to see some things in action. I like the potential this feature has.
Hmm, is this a feature only for the 3ds right now?

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Something I've noticed right away is that level 9 CPUs are much more aggressive than before. They also seem to be less predictable with their air dodges. What do you guys think?

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Something I've noticed right away is that level 9 CPUs are much more aggressive than before. They also seem to be less predictable with their air dodges. What do you guys think?
It's already been said that people have speculated that the AI in the 3DS version has been improved.

Top Bottom