• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paranormal Activity

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
curious crimson king... what are some movies that you would call 10's?
In terms of horror? None I've seen. Thailand's version of Shutter was probably around a 9 since I legitimately shouted out during the movie. Noroi: The Curse was also a creepy one going in as a 9 in my book. For a movie to earn a 10, it has to shake me so much, that I am unable to control my emotions. Only one thing has caused that reaction from me: House of Leaves. The book itself isn't really scary, but for some reason, while reading it, when I passed a dark room, I would become TERRIFIED. Not just "Wow, that's scary," reaction, but a primal fear of this dark room. My arms and skin crawled with chills, and the room felt infinitely dark. Even my cat started to hiss at the room as I choked back screams.

That's a 10.

Jane

Smash Hero
This whole week I've heard tons of extremelly positive reviews of this movie.
Can someone tell me what exactly makes it so good? No bad acting? Plot??

I'm now determined to see this movie.

the whole movie feels really "organic". not like a filmed movie. and what makes it so good (in my, and many others' opinion) is that it keeps you at the edge of your seat. your heart will be pumping, eyes glued to the screen just waiting for what happens next. it's like you're there with the two main characters, the movie does a good job of "putting you into" the movie.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
So I was very excited for this movie, and I saw it yesterday. While I feel it wasnt very scary(and only a few parts had me anxious/ at the edge of my seat), I thought it was still a lot of fun and worth a ticket.
And that ending was amazing.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Im sorry but idk what the hype was about.
i didnt find this movie scary. me and like 80% of the theater didnt find this movie scary.

A couple questions:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10 for somebody who watches scary movies all the time, how scary was this?
2. Is this still only playing in certain cities?

this movie had it moments.
and the theater i watched it in kinda ruinend the experience there was a bunch of girls just screaming 2 nothing.
i kinda wish i watched this online in the middle of the night. if i did that then i would of found this movie scarier

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Im sorry but idk what the hype was about.
i didnt find this movie scary. me and like 80% of the theater didnt find this movie scary.

this movie had it moments.
and the theater i watched it in kinda ruinend the experience there was a bunch of girls just screaming 2 nothing.
i kinda wish i watched this online in the middle of the night. if i did that then i would of found this movie scarier
For me, the audience made the movie. I always think watching a movie with a big crowd makes it more fun, and even though I wasnt scared, it was funny hearing others scream and laugh.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I'm going to see this on Halloween during my friend's birthday (lol). Should be fun. But it sounds like the big problem with this movie is that it's...in a move theatre. From everyone's posts, it sounds like it's less enjoyable with the idiots around.

sammy p

Smash Lord
well, i was supposed to see this yesterday, but my friends bailed on my 3 hours before the movie becuase they got into a huge fight! :mad::mad::mad:
and ya know what people were talking about during all of first hour today??? F***ING PARANORMAL ACTIVITY!! and how GREAT the movie was and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH LAH!!! lol
o man i wanted to break something VERY expensive! :laugh:(:mad:)

oh no..... no..... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! no way!!!!

sammy p

Smash Lord
i dont know, but i cant even begin to think of the movies that had sequels that TOTALLY ruined the series.... thats way too bad.... :(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm I couldve gone to watch paranormal activity this weekend but I chose to watch Saw VI which to me was a better way to spend my time... yeah

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
this made me laugh.... thank you! :laugh:
but i do agree.... you can only go so far with a movie series to where your completely butchering it.....
And they will continue to do it as long as they can make a quick buck out of it. (Hollywood is pathetic)

As for this movie it was interesting to watch but overall it was ok(Unless you got carried away with the story of the movie as if it were real). Movies based on actual events creep me the **** out more than anything. Texas chainsaw and Borderland, now those are movies based on a real cases.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Creepy movie. First to give me the chills in quite a while, I guess because it contains a sense of realism that movies about the paranormal usually lack. That and the overwhelming feeling of the unknown which was presented well. Though I've got to say I liked the original ending more than the theatrical version, seems like a much more bitter ending.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
The movie was alright.
Verrrryyy boring in the beginning. I felt like just leaving.
I kind of felt like I was getting a headache from the way the movie was being shown.

It was just alright. /=

Her boyfriend is dumb.

sammy p

Smash Lord
i saw it the past two nights... holy kow i was genuenly scared!
the two parts that truly sent chills up my spine was when she was DRAGGED across the hall into another room comletely, and her screaing within the last five minutes of the movie.... whenever i go to bed, i always think of that scream now 0.0;;
her boyfriend IS stupid! everytime he was talking trash about the ghost, something WORSE happened that the past nights! hahah

wool

Smash Ace
The movie was alright.
Verrrryyy boring in the beginning. I felt like just leaving.
I kind of felt like I was getting a headache from the way the movie was being shown.

It was just alright. /=

Her boyfriend is dumb.
I actually did leave the first time
then heard it was good so watched the rest
overrated IMO

lol at sammyp :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I was hoping this thread would make me think this was better than Blair Witch Project.

It has only increased me fear.

Thanks guys, this thread is so scary I think I'll just avoid the movie all together.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I really enjoyed the movie, not so much as I got scared a lot (someone did vomit on their way out :urg:), but it was just well made. The whole time, I was just thinking, "What could POSSIBLY be worse than this", and it happened. The audience made it great too.

It bugged me in the footprint scene that he only spread the powder in some places and then left 2 foot gaps in it. It's obvious the demon WANTED to be seen. Anyone could have walked over it. If you make a "trap", at least make it good.

Also, I don't know about you, but if scary stuff started happening where I was, I would turn on every light I ran past.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I was expecting this to be scary but nothing scary really happened.

If you're scared of loud noises and have never seen The Blair Witch Project then you'll crap your pants at this.

Also I saw the ending with the poilce. It was stupid. And the exorcist girl chewing her arm off was stupid too, that ruined its "realism" for me.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The only part that scared me was when she was dragged out of the bed. Other than that I was just annoyed most of the time. Everything they were told not to do the boyfriend did. :/

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The only part that scared me was when she was dragged out of the bed. Other than that I was just annoyed most of the time. Everything they were told not to do the boyfriend did. :/
To be honest, due to the fact that ghosts don't exist, I'd just do everything he did. Well up untill the point
where they hear that MASSIVE bang and go downstairs and the light is moving.
Also I wouldn't
listen to her at the end, I would just slap her in the face, pick her up and get in the car.

Top Bottom