• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paranoiafia: Game Over

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I'm not going over that discussion because it's dumb /inb4cultargument

Course I didn't want an extension. i had nothing more to say, and nothing was being said. how does your logic make any sense at all?
"Oh, I guess hando doesn't want an extension. he must have stuff to say. otherwise, if we do. he is going to do the exact same thing. go around in circles with the rest of town while they do absolutely nothing and waste out time. bla bla bla"

Please, find something to do other than a policy lynch. you are only hiding it because it's "easy" to throw words at me and I just laugh inside. your hurt just makes me stronger.
"inb4cultargument" will not prevent me from reminding you that your cult discussion that you not only brought up but also discussed is mountainously dumber. And the point isn't the fact that the discussion might not be pertinent, although I assure you discussion about a miller is far healthier for the game than discussion about a cult. The point is that you refused to discuss it, and then discussed nothing, and then scoffed at the idea of a deadline extension.

You ask how my "logic makes sense at all?" In one word, I would say that you are content. Perfectly content to sit where you are and allow the game to further progress in phases without lynching. You are not discussing anything even when given avenues to contribute. You are not contributing to who you think is suspicious - taking this further, you have not even voted. There are others who aren't voting, but at least I think I know where they currently stand (junglefever, Riddle, and before two posts ago Gheb) because they put their opinions down on paper.

And if you could please explain how anything in my argument against you is at all a "policy lynch" then I would be surprised. You said I'm hiding something? What? Also, how is it ""easy" to throw words at you" and why do you "laugh inside?" Also, "my hurt just makes you stronger?" I think you are a bit confused. Here, let me help you:

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Here, let me replace all those "it"

Please, find something to do other than a policy lynch (Rule #1). you are only hiding the policy lynch because it's "easy" to throw words at me and I just laugh inside. your hurt just makes me stronger.

It's easy to throw words at me, because I obviously don't care. Every time someone like you first plays a game with me, it always comes up. It just boils down to you not liking what I do. Deal with it. I'm just going to laugh at you.

There was also nothing to discuss. I said that the miller can't claim. You seem to forget I did. Why do I think that? It's pointless to discuss it. It's a miller. It looks scummy. Mafia also look scummy.

And you are right. I am content. I like sitting around, but I like to lynch sometimes. Town obviously couldn't come to a conclusion though. No one (other than you, I suppose) has put forth a lot of suspicion arguments. It has only been pointed out that Marshy is pushing for my policy lynch.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Here, let me replace all those "it"

Please, find something to do other than a policy lynch (Rule #1). you are only hiding the policy lynch because it's "easy" to throw words at me and I just laugh inside. your hurt just makes me stronger.

It's easy to throw words at me, because I obviously don't care. Every time someone like you first plays a game with me, it always comes up. It just boils down to you not liking what I do. Deal with it. I'm just going to laugh at you.

There was also nothing to discuss. I said that the miller can't claim. You seem to forget I did. Why do I think that? It's pointless to discuss it. It's a miller. It looks scummy. Mafia also look scummy.
By "throw words at you" do you mean actually argue and play the game? Because yes, that's what I'm doing.

By "someone like you" do you mean someone who actually picks out what they find to be scummy and pursues it? Or instead do you mean someone who votes or puts their opinions down on paper? Or as a third option do you mean someone who is actually interested in contributing to the day's discussion as opposed to just watching it slide by and then determining whether or not "something happened?" Because all three of those apply to me and don't apply to you in this game. So maybe you can enlighten me.

I didn't forget that you said the miller can't claim. You seem to have forgotten that I said that often they can claim and I made the fact that they know they're a miller (which does happen, as you seem to have forgotten that I cited per mafiascum experience and not your Epic Mafia experience (one of which is forum mafia and one of which is an excuse to call mafia based on a system of popularity and point farming where performance in the individual game has absolutely no importance and all you need to do is massclaim instead of scumhunt)) a qualifier for the question. It is also discussion that can lead directly into the MAFIA, as millers look like MAFIA to cops, and MAFIA might be tempted to claim miller, while CULT doesn't have jack all to do with MAFIA.

And you are right. I am content. I like sitting around, but I like to lynch sometimes. Town obviously couldn't come to a conclusion though. No one (other than you, I suppose) has put forth a lot of suspicion arguments. It has only been pointed out that Marshy is pushing for my policy lynch.
That's a pretty gross simplification of the game so far. It has been slow, but to say that the only thing thats happened is that Marshy voted you because of a policy joke is ignoring (simplified):

-Macman's vote on you because you brought up cults unnecessarily and that is unhelpful
-discussion about a No Lynch and its merits
-discussion about whether or not PGO should claim (with differing opinions)
-discussion about thinking there is more than one PGO
-junglefever asking Riddle how he can find Macman scummy for play that looks like his town play

and I'm sure other things that I have forgotten without looking back.

You're just simplifying what little but valuable things that have happened this game day into "if you vote for me its a policy lynch." I distinctly remember reading Marshy re-affirm his stance that you are scum after you made more posts, and I haven't based jack all of what I've said vs. you on anything he's said, so what you say about his case cannot and does not apply to mine.

I am surprised you aren't dead and I really don't know what it will take.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Handorin (2): Marshy, Pierre the Scarecrow
Riddle (1): Macman
Marshy (1): Gheb_01

Not voting: Riddle, junglefever, SwordsRbroken, Handorin

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

A deadline has been set for Sunday, November 15 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I quoted the Miller role, from Mafiascum, and it said they generally don't know that they are the miller. So I really don't care about what your MS experience is, you could be lying for all I know. I don't need proof either, because it doesn't prove much.

Regarding your insult to my Epic Mafia experience from a time you (I could probably guarantee) you weren't on the site:
It was nothing like you said.
There was little to no elitism.
There weren't quite as many roles.
It wasn't reduced to role claiming, we actually scum hunt. Mass claiming does not break EM, and anyone who thinks it does is foolish.
We actually had quality games.

And I never said you based anything on what Marshy said.

Otherwise, cool story, bro.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12262

That wiki article may have been created over two years ago. This topic was created two months ago.

As a note, "open setup" means like an open book: you can read it and know all the roles in it. "Closed setup" means you don't know the roles in it. This setup that we are now playing, therefore, is considered closed because we only know 1 role in it.

Closed = Tell
Open = Don't
Depends on the game, in both open and closed setups. Most of the time they do know.
Not telling someone they are a Miller is ******* modding in every instance I can think of offhand.
Yep. If closed always tell. If open or rules say millers won't be told then you don't have to tell them
I like how you remark about the gradually-less-important point about the Miller discussion and the absolutely-not-important point about Epic Mafia, grasp onto them and reply to them, but absolutely don't reply to any of this:

-Macman's vote on you because you brought up cults unnecessarily and that is unhelpful
-junglefever asking Riddle how he can find Macman scummy for play that looks like his town play

or even further up, any of this:

By "throw words at you" do you mean actually argue and play the game? Because yes, that's what I'm doing.

By "someone like you" do you mean someone who actually picks out what they find to be scummy and pursues it? Or instead do you mean someone who votes or puts their opinions down on paper? Or as a third option do you mean someone who is actually interested in contributing to the day's discussion as opposed to just watching it slide by and then determining whether or not "something happened?" Because all three of those apply to me and don't apply to you in this game. So maybe you can enlighten me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm watching Marshy and Scumfever safely coast through D1 while you guys bust each other's heads.

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Gheb, you realize you are lightweight defending hando, and if he flips scum thats gonna look bad for yu.

Handorin

Smash Hero
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12262

That wiki article may have been created over two years ago. This topic was created two months ago.

As a note, "open setup" means like an open book: you can read it and know all the roles in it. "Closed setup" means you don't know the roles in it. This setup that we are now playing, therefore, is considered closed because we only know 1 role in it.

I like how you remark about the gradually-less-important point about the Miller discussion and the absolutely-not-important point about Epic Mafia, grasp onto them and reply to them, but absolutely don't reply to any of this:

or even further up, any of this:

I am fully aware what open/closed setups are. This isn't my first game.

Kelly Chan said:
If you know you're a miller in an open setup, the use of being able to claim it probably outweighs the intended disadvantage of being investigated as guilty. I find that silly
QFT. Pretty much anyone who said they don't like secret miller in that topic hasn't played more than a year.

And you tell me I didn't respond to things like I care. I can see them just fine, thanks.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Hando is clearly unhelpful for the town. correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't he always play like this? Still unhelpful though. Right now, i wouldn't mind if he was lynched.
FoS: Hando

Marshy has basically been pushing for hando's lynch. He hasn't been backing it up with reason like Pierre, he's just been saying stuff like "vote hando for a better tomorrow"
unvote
Vote: Marshy

Riddle

Smash Lord
Hando is clearly unhelpful for the town. correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't he always play like this? Still unhelpful though. Right now, i wouldn't mind if he was lynched.
FoS: Hando

Marshy has basically been pushing for hando's lynch. He hasn't been backing it up with reason like Pierre, he's just been saying stuff like "vote hando for a better tomorrow"
unvote
Vote: Marshy
I read this post as:

1) I think Hando is scummy
2) Let's lynch Marshy because he wants to get Hando lynched and is playing like he usually does.

I know you've played games with Marshy before so you should realize that Marshy always plays like this. I could see if you just blatantly disagreed with who he was pushing but you don't.

Vote: SwordsRBroken

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
know? I've played one game with him. I'm in the progress of playing two with him right now (pheonix wright and this). I don't know his play style. You expect me to figure out his play style with just one game? Besides on test subject, i was lynched day 1.

You know the only game i was in up to now with marshy in it was Test Subject, because you were in test subject were you not? Besides, marshy wasn't really that active in Test Subject mafia anyways.

unvote Vote Riddle for coming up with a dumb reason to vote me.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Fine, then. I figured you would know about Marshy's playstyle more by now. This is how Marshy always plays if you hadn't noticed. It has been mentioned several times and he is certainly playing like this in Phoenix Wright.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
every time i read this thread i just want hando dead. i don't get why people are voting me. im willing to replace out to not play with him if others are up for it or see it as a problem

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
vote: swords

wtf are you doing? have you ever maintained a vote for more than a day? Your willingness to just flip votes (especially one for as stupid a reason as taht), makes you look stupidly scummy to me.

You've also been pretty unhelpful, just agreeing with other players, then throwing a vote around.

*awaits you to vote me*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
every time i read this thread i just want hando dead. i don't get why people are voting me. im willing to replace out to not play with him if others are up for it or see it as a problem
No, Marshy. The problem is not that you push for a hando lynch. The problem is that you don't do anything else. I don't believe you if you told me that you had absolutely no opinion on anybody else. You are not any more helpful than Handorin is.

*awaits you to vote me*
Haha, this is too good.

Macman, when will you answer my question?
Swords, which of your votes were placed because you're actually suspicious of the people? All your votes/post so far have been blatant parroting or OMGUS votes. Step your game up.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
hando is actually more helpful since hes actually saying stuff. and swords literally has been doing that in every game. so frustrating

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You asked if I'm aware that me "defending" Hando will make me suspicious if he flips scum. Is this a serious question or not?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yes, defending someone looks slightly more suspicious than attacking him.

The real question is, do you think he would defend a scum mate as mafia, or would he attack him?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some people might think that it makes me suspicious. Keep in mind though that the how and the why matters too. If Hando is getting lynched it's probably the most guilt-free lynch ever. That kind of concerns me.

I don't feel as if I've been defending him though but since you asked...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I have no objections against the swords lynch. However, I'm pretty content with where my vote is so I'm not gonna change it. I wish Pierre was a lot more active but apparently he can almost only post on weekends. Handorin has been 100% useless and I wouldn't mind him dead either.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't get where you all are getting this "Hando is useless" this from. He's been alot more helpful in this game.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
hando is actually more helpful since hes actually saying stuff. and swords literally has been doing that in every game. so frustrating
I don't get where you all are getting this "Hando is useless" this from. He's been alot more helpful in this game.
Vague vague vague vague vague. I wonder why you dont define "stuff." I wonder why you didn't state a single helpful thing he's done when saying he's been "alot more helpful in this game." If he's been that helpful it should be easy. The fact is that he hasn't been helpful at all. Gheb recognizes this. Marshy does as well. I don't see what Macman, Junglefever see in him, but I would love to be educated on the issue.

I see that the case on SwordsRbroken is that he likes to vote. That's what I see.

My vote isn't changing from Handorin.

@Gheb: I'm sorry I'm not as regularly active when it comes to posting on consecutive days but I do my best to make up for it with clear opinions and content-full posts.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm just sort of speaking in relative terms to past games. He's trying to make points on game mechanics (wit hte miller and such). Whether theya re right or not, eh. But it's still substance, which is better than

U MAD

*gif of Joker Kitty with "SRS THREAD IS SRS" caption*?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I'm sorry but I really don't think he would have done any of that if I hadn't thrown called him out on being completely unhelpful and hadn't continued as long as I could to try to draw an answer out of him that wasn't simply "I'm different because I pretend not to care at all."

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Well, regardless if you ahve to rip it out of him, he's still contributing more than other people here (IE swords, mac, maybe marshy, id have to do a reread to confirm that one).

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
In fact, I am not sorry. Junglefever, you basically just did the most evilest thing you could do to my case by saying that Handorin actually looks worthwhile because he is "active," or because he is "discussing," when the only reason he is doing so is because he is responding to my case (albeit with terribly weak responses). You basically just said that he looks good because he is being attacked, which means if I hadn't attacked him, I would have done a better job of convincing you to lynch him.

Negro, please.

Top Bottom