• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paranoiafia: Game Over

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah....this game is definitely paranoid, hence the title.

I also think that there is more than one PGO in this game. So, what do you think, do we lynch or no lynch?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Handorin (1): Marshy

Not voting: Macman, Riddle, Gheb_01, junglefever, Pierre the Scarecrow, SwordsRbroken, Handorin

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

A deadline has been set for Friday, November 6 at 11:59:59 PM ET. If enough people request an extension the deadline can be moved.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Request deadline extension

I'll post more later today. I have a test today at university so I won't get to post something of substance before the evening. I'd just like to mention that at this point I'd prefer to lynch the player with the least amount of useful contributions. There's no reason to be inactive in a mafia game, even D1. You can't all be scumbags trying to stall/give us as little info as possible.

:059:

Riddle

Smash Lord
request deadline extension

@Gheb

While I agree that scumbags could very well be trying to stall out the day so we don't accomplish something, there are obviously other reasons for inactivity. I do not think that the PGO(s) should claim but if you guys overrule me or convince me than I don't think it would be an awful idea.

Everybody, quickly request a deadline extension.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

It's probably not a good idea for them (PGOs) to claim right now.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

please prod pierre the scarecrow

i'll lynch scumdorin myself if i have to

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Handorin (1): Marshy

Not voting: Macman, Riddle, Gheb_01, junglefever, Pierre the Scarecrow, SwordsRbroken, Handorin

The deadline has been removed.

Pierre the Scarecrow has been prodded.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Where do you read the "more than 1 PGO"? That line clearly speaks of a single person.

Did Scumdorin disappear? Marshy, what does this mean:

"i'll lynch scumdorin myself if i have to"

???

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Usuallly when the title character is given, normally vanilla townie, there is more than one.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Marshy, what does this mean:

"i'll lynch scumdorin myself if i have to"

???
i meant "i'm the only person voting and if deadline hit hando would be dead which is a win for town". astounded that macman isn't voting him

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
You don't have any proof that he's scum. Other than the fact that he's been scum or indy in almost every game, you haven't really seen anything scummy from him yet.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
@the Miller discussion, 1) my question qualified that the Miller knew he was a Miller, 2) if you think Millers don't know they are Miller then you obviously don't play at mafiascum. Do any small amount of research into their meta and you will find this to be true. It is a total waste to disregard the question simply because you don't think a take on a role is probable.

vote: Handorin

This decision is very easy to make yet I dont think that disqualifies it from being right.

I find SwordsRbroken's latest post @Handorin to be concerning. I also find Riddle's no lynch sentiment to be concerning. Besides those three, I am fine.

Riddle

Smash Lord
You think my no lynch sentiment with the deadline less than a day away and almost no discussion concerning? Would you have prefered a random lynch? OBviously at this point I don't support a no lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You don't have any proof that he's scum. Other than the fact that he's been scum or indy in almost every game, you haven't really seen anything scummy from him yet.
What "proof" do you need to lynch somebody? When did we ever lynch somebody D1 with actual evidence? The point is that Handorin doesn't play pro-town at this point.

@the Miller discussion, 1) my question qualified that the Miller knew he was a Miller, 2) if you think Millers don't know they are Miller then you obviously don't play at mafiascum. Do any small amount of research into their meta and you will find this to be true. It is a total waste to disregard the question simply because you don't think a take on a role is probable.
In the end it's up to the miller. If he chooses to claim he should do so right away in my opinion. That way the cop won't waste his investigation on him because he knows that he'll get a guilty result on him (he's either the real miller or a lying scumbag).

You think my no lynch sentiment with the deadline less than a day away and almost no discussion concerning? Would you have prefered a random lynch? OBviously at this point I don't support a no lynch.
Why do you call the lynch against Handorin random? Do you have a problem with the hando lynch? If so why don't you make a better case or vote somebody else?

I think I fell down a sewer drain. So yes, I did disappear.
Then you don't mind being lynched either I assume?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol at people being all ok with policy lynching hando and then when the idea of policy lynching comes up in another game, theyre completely against it.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Rule #1.

No but for srs, I'm really not okay with it.

I relaly don't know what I want to do since the mechanics of this game seem to be different.

Riddle

Smash Lord
@Gheb

No I am not okay with the Hando lynch at this point. I see very little reasoning behind it would much rather discuss more before we decide on a lynch.

At this point my biggest FoS would be Mac, but he always plays like this so I cant tell if he is scum or not.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what?
vote: riddle
i haven't even done anything that can be depicted as scummy yet this game

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
lol how do you FoS someone when you say 'i think their scum, but they play like this when they're town, so its a town tell for him"

Riddle

Smash Lord
The point is that on any other player his play would be scummy but its macman so I don't find it scummy.

And Macman, I was referring to your heavy pushing of the Hando lynch with like no evidence.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh and what about marshy who pushed it harder?

he's scummy right? since hes not me.

Handorin

Smash Hero

vote: Handorin

This decision is very easy to make yet I dont think that disqualifies it from being right.

I find SwordsRbroken's latest post @Handorin to be concerning. I also find Riddle's no lynch sentiment to be concerning. Besides those three, I am fine.
MafiaWiki said:
A Miller (sometimes called an Outsider) is typified as a member of the town with an air of corruption and/or suspicion surrounding him. Thus a Miller acts like a normal Townie in every way except for one important feature: whenever a Cop investigates a Miller, the Moderator returns a guilty result, even though the Miller is pro-Town.
Sometimes an important part of a Miller role is that the player is not told this aspect of their role. Rather the Moderator assigns one person to be the Miller, but only tells him/her that the role is a vanilla townie. Thus, the Miller cannot simply claim their role Day 1 as a prevention against lynching.
That's a complete waste of a vote.

If there is a general trend of something, why should we believe it will break the trend?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why do you guys request a deadline extention when you don't even play the game?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I said, since marshy pushed hando's lynch as much or more than I. Do you find him scummy?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No. Because that isn't a question of game mechanics, just game modding.
Both are closely related. The game mechanics are the effect of a cause, which is the mods decision.

I'm actually curious myself to hear Riddle's answer. Macman didn't even vote Hando, nor did he mention the urge to lynch him anytime recently.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I'm awaiting Riddle's answer. Macman did vote hando Gheb, re-read the thread. Marshy has been pushing it a lot more compared to Macman.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Marshy said:
vote hando policy lynch
Marshy said:
hando dead yet?
Marshy said:
vote hando for a better tomorrow
Marshy said:
hi. more hando death
Marshy said:
also how is scumdorin still alive?
Marshy said:
'll lynch scumdorin myself if i have to
Macman said:
vote: hando
Macman said:
the fact that hando hasn't yet been bandwagoned to all hell is further proof that he's scum
Macman said:
No point in in playing as if their is a cult since we have no idea whether there is one. And it only serves to distract from our original purpose - to find scum.

vote: hando again... for bringing up a cult trying to act helpful but in actuality being unhelpful
Macman said:
no don't no lynch. Lynch hando
These are all of both of your posts pushing Hando's lynch. While, Marshy has a higher number of posts, he is just posting the typical "is he dead yet?" Marshy ****, whereas you seem to be trying to justify his lynch with really poor reasoning. The whole point is I dislike your reasoning and you seem to be pushing Hando's lynch too hard if we look at your evidence.

Let me reiterate that this didn't even deserve an FoS from me. In no way shape or form do I think you are scum because of this.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Handorin (2): Marshy, Pierre the Scarecrow
Riddle (1): Macman

Not voting: Riddle, Gheb_01, junglefever, SwordsRbroken, Handorin

A deadline has been set for Sunday, November 15 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Don't plan on an extension this time.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
lol at people being all ok with policy lynching hando and then when the idea of policy lynching comes up in another game, theyre completely against it.
I don't know who you're referring to but I do know that if you're referring to another on-going game then this is basically a comment you made that none of us are allowed to touch and I don't know why you would make it. You're basically saying that people are being inconsistent (obvious answer to an inconsistency in playstyle is being town in one game and scum in another, so this is almost an accusation) but not only do you not specify who you're even talking about but you do so in a way thats taboo.

That's a complete waste of a vote.

If there is a general trend of something, why should we believe it will break the trend?
The current trend on MS is to tell Millers that they are Millers. But that's not even the point. The point was to start some sort of discussion that didn't revolve around your stupid cult theory. And some people went down that avenue of discussion, including Gheb and Junglefever. But not you. You continue to contribute absolutely nothing and you almost revel in it, as evidenced by your retort towards Gheb about inactivity being "I didn't ask for an extension" when you also didn't bring anything to the table. So you didn't want an extension but you also didn't want to contribute. Yeah I don't think my vote is changing.

Riddle, that's nice that you don't think Macman or Marshy are scum... but who do you think is scum? You said you're not comfortable with the Handorin lynch but you've also offered no alternative. If you disagree with No Lynch but you also disagree with what I see as a textbook good lynch then it falls upon you to come up with an alternative.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Macman did vote hando Gheb, re-read the thread.
What part of the sentence "He didn't vote him or push his lynch recently" was too french pour toi?

These are all of both of your posts pushing Hando's lynch. While, Marshy has a higher number of posts, he is just posting the typical "is he dead yet?" Marshy ****, whereas you seem to be trying to justify his lynch with really poor reasoning.
Emphasis mine.
In contrast to a player who doesn't even try to justify it? How is that any better?
Marshy plays his typical game doesn't mean it's OK. It's not hard to play that style as scum.

The whole point is I dislike your reasoning and you seem to be pushing Hando's lynch too hard if we look at your evidence.

Let me reiterate that this didn't even deserve an FoS from me. In no way shape or form do I think you are scum because of this.
Riddle, that's nice that you don't think Macman or Marshy are scum... but who do you think is scum? You said you're not comfortable with the Handorin lynch but you've also offered no alternative. If you disagree with No Lynch but you also disagree with what I see as a textbook good lynch then it falls upon you to come up with an alternative.
Riddle's a hardcore fence-sitter this time around.

FoS Riddle
Vote Marshy

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: marshy
I would think he'd know better than to policy lynch someone in a game with 8 players remaining in a set up as swingy as this one.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The current trend on MS is to tell Millers that they are Millers. But that's not even the point. The point was to start some sort of discussion that didn't revolve around your stupid cult theory. And some people went down that avenue of discussion, including Gheb and Junglefever. But not you. You continue to contribute absolutely nothing and you almost revel in it, as evidenced by your retort towards Gheb about inactivity being "I didn't ask for an extension" when you also didn't bring anything to the table. So you didn't want an extension but you also didn't want to contribute. Yeah I don't think my vote is changing.

I'm not going over that discussion because it's dumb /inb4cultargument

Course I didn't want an extension. i had nothing more to say, and nothing was being said. how does your logic make any sense at all?
"Oh, I guess hando doesn't want an extension. he must have stuff to say. otherwise, if we do. he is going to do the exact same thing. go around in circles with the rest of town while they do absolutely nothing and waste out time. bla bla bla"

Please, find something to do other than a policy lynch. you are only hiding it because it's "easy" to throw words at me and I just laugh inside. your hurt just makes me stronger.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Handorin (2): Marshy, Pierre the Scarecrow
Riddle (1): Macman
Marshy (1): Gheb_01

Not voting: Riddle, junglefever, SwordsRbroken, Handorin

A deadline has been set for Sunday, November 15 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Top Bottom