• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paranoiafia: Game Over

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think there is a cult, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of there being one.
So how'd *you* deal with that possibility then? How do you approach a game with presentiment, that we might have to deal with the cult? How should the PGO act in that context?

Marshy, Pierre and scumfever can you please post something?

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If it doesn't matter which anti-town faction it is, then why even bring up the notion of cult?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Whether there is a cult or not, we should go about our normal scumhunting methods. It'll weed itself out in the end.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If it doesn't matter which anti-town faction it is, then why even bring up the notion of cult?
To bring up the possibility that there might be other connections outside the mafia. If you are only looking for one, then you will only find one.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
To bring up the possibility that there might be other connections outside the mafia. If you are only looking for one, then you will only find one.
But what makes you think that a cult could be in this of all games? I don't assume you just mentioned it for teh lulz since you said you were quite serious about it.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
So how'd *you* deal with that possibility then? How do you approach a game with presentiment, that we might have to deal with the cult? How should the PGO act in that context?

Marshy, Pierre and scumfever can you please post something?

Thing is, that's a hard question. The PGO may have been active night 0, which would explain 2 deaths, unless we have a SK/Vig. I think the PGO should be careful about which nights he chooses to be paranoid. E.G. Like if he roleclaimed and he wasn't lynched, then he might be targeted by the mafia, in which case it may be better to stay paranoid. On the other hand, if a doc protects you, you may kill the Doc as well. BTW, what is a cult?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm not sure that is 100% true. Because the PGO could be relaxed that one night they decided to protect, but not the next. Still a pretty safe bet though.
Cult is probably going to be in this game.
Only because the name is Paranoiafia, somewhat of a scary theme, and cults are pretty scary imo. >_>

Please take off votes, kplzthx.

Vote: Handorin in b4 more votes
Unvote
Quoting for Gheb.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Yeah, okay, this game is really bad right now.

Why are we talking about a cult? That's very dumb.

The evidence we have, right now: two town deaths during the first Night phase.

This game obviously focuses around the Paranoid Gun Owner and a mafia. There were two deaths. One was probably the mafia night-kill, and the other was probably a power role hitting the Paranoid Gun Owner. Very, very unlikely that one was a serial killing. Even MORE unlikely that there is a cult.

To add to this, this game is limited card flip. If there were an independent flip, we wouldn't know if there was a survivor, or a serial killer, or a townie who was culted, or anything. That would be a terrible flaw in the game design, and obviously I think points not only to NO cult, but a straight up Town v. Mafia game.

Not to mention the game would be even more imbalanced if there was a recruiter + a PGO.

The "Paranoid" in this game should refer specifically to the PGO, and possibly to a cop's sanity. IMO that is absolutely it.

No more talking about "how" we should scum hunt. No more talking about "hunting for this" or "hunting for that," or what constitutes "scum." Just hunt. Anything else is worthless stagnation.

FOS to Handorin for bringing up the cult. Does not deserve a full vote because I refuse to allow that discussion to define Day 1 and will lead this in a new direction if it kills me.

What does everyone think about a No Lynch?

What does everyone think about having the PGO claim and perma-flex?

If there is currently a miller in this game who knows that he is a miller, do you think that he should claim right now?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Quoting for Gheb.
If that's the whole reason to bring up the cult then you've been more or less misleading us because the "Para" in the title obviously refers to the PGO.

This game obviously focuses around the Paranoid Gun Owner and a mafia. There were two deaths. One was probably the mafia night-kill, and the other was probably a power role hitting the Paranoid Gun Owner. Very, very unlikely that one was a serial killing. Even MORE unlikely that there is a cult.

To add to this, this game is limited card flip. If there were an independent flip, we wouldn't know if there was a survivor, or a serial killer, or a townie who was culted, or anything. That would be a terrible flaw in the game design, and obviously I think points not only to NO cult, but a straight up Town v. Mafia game.

Not to mention the game would be even more imbalanced if there was a recruiter + a PGO.

The "Paranoid" in this game should refer specifically to the PGO, and possibly to a cop's sanity. IMO that is absolutely it.

No more talking about "how" we should scum hunt. No more talking about "hunting for this" or "hunting for that," or what constitutes "scum." Just hunt. Anything else is worthless stagnation.
Yes, ten times this. Listen to this man.

Too early to consider it a viable option imo. We need to see what info we can get toDay or if somebody turns out to be suspicious. I'll try to calculate how many mislychnes town has in the best and in the worst case. Unless we can gain anything out of it we should not choose to NL.

Not sure what to think about this. We most likely lost a PR already and I don't know how many there are left in this game considering that we only have 10 players overall. That means that chances for scum to die because of the PGO could be higher than the chances for a PR to die - not to mention the fact that a dead scumbag is a bigger loss for mafia than a dead townie is for town to begin with. Keep in mind that scum can counter claim to be the PGO too, which makes thinks difficult because we probably don' have too much room for error aka a mislynch. If scum claims to be the PGO then the cop can't even confirm it (assuming he's alive) because he runs the risk of dying that night. I think it's more risky than rewarding. Maybe later in the game if one scumbag's dead but I don't think it's a good thing to do now.

If there is currently a miller in this game who knows that he is a miller, do you think that he should claim right now?
Millers usually don't know that they're millers. They'll flip miller upon death but their role PMs usually tells them they're vanillas and as long as they're in the game they're probably not even aware of themselves being not vanilla.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If that's the whole reason to bring up the cult then you've been more or less misleading us because the "Para" in the title obviously refers to the PGO.
My bad for bringing up an interpretation. I'll be quiet now and let you guys do your tunnel visioned thing.

FOS to Handorin for bringing up the cult. Does not deserve a full vote because I refuse to allow that discussion to define Day 1 and will lead this in a new direction if it kills me.

See above. Also, I guess bringing up possibilities is a scum move.
You're right, there is no obvious evidence right now. It's also more than likely that the second death was from the PGO. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Having PGOs with recruiters doesn't make it imbalanced at all. There are so many ways it can be balanced, it isn't funny. The only thing true about it in this game is the no reveal.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

I don't think it's a good idea for a no lynch right now, let's see what reads we can get off of people first, and then decide if a no-lynch is best for a townie.

It may be a good idea for the PGO to claim, but not right now, as it would give the mafia an upper hand. Again, let's wait until later in the day before we decide if the PGO should claim or not.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Handorin (2): Marshy, Macman

Not voting: Riddle, Gheb_01, junglefever, Pierre the Scarecrow, SwordsRbroken, Handorin

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

A deadline has been set for Friday, November 6 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I have happy feet.

But for realsies, there isn't much to say here. Everyone's just posting their opinions on the possibility of a cult being in the game.

I'd be against PGO's claiming at this time however.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
not much to say? pierre asked some legit questions

also how is scumdorin still alive?

more later including answers to pierre's questions

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I read up on a cult and here's what i think:

There may be a cult, but there may not be one. Also, i don't think the discussion of a cult should take the place of scum hunting, which has happened for the first few pages.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Right now I wouldn't care for a no lynch, but that's just me. I usually don't like no lynches unless we absolutely have nothing else.

Miller shouldn't claim, feel like that would be sorta obvious. Opens up a 30 pack full of WIFOM, and we'd have to shotgun it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I read up on a cult and here's what i think:

There may be a cult, but there may not be one. Also, i don't think the discussion of a cult should take the place of scum hunting, which has happened for the first few pages.
Must have not read the past bit very well. I/we kinda went over that.

Right now I wouldn't care for a no lynch, but that's just me. I usually don't like no lynches unless we absolutely have nothing else.

Miller shouldn't claim, feel like that would be sorta obvious. Opens up a 30 pack full of WIFOM, and we'd have to shotgun it.
Miller can't claim, even if there was one.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I figured as much, but Pierre just asked if there was one in here and if they should.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
no-lynch...i'd rather not. i am happy with lynching hando

i think the PGO should decide on his own when to claim

pierre asked "if the miller knows he is a miller" for gheb and hando. if the miller knows he is a miller then i'd rather he claim now

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Usually, millers don't know if they are a miller or not. They're just told that they're Vanilla townie.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
So lemme get this straight @ Marshy and Gheb: You guys want someone who will come up scum by cop to claim?

allright.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Its better then them claiming after they had a guilty investigation done on them. And gheb, guaranteed townie would be cool. But the more I think the more I don't think they have to come out right now.

For some reason, I am thinking the chance of mafia getting hit with PGO's ability is slim. I feel as though Kiki implemented something in order to not let pgos ruin the game.

Riddle

Smash Lord
The problem is that if mafia claims that and isn't CC'd then we could have a problem. However, I am completely against a miller claim for the following reason:

Almost every miller is told they are a VT so the chances that a real miller would claim is low, and the chances that scum claims and gets a very helpful safe-claim is much higher imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For some reason, I am thinking the chance of mafia getting hit with PGO's ability is slim. I feel as though Kiki implemented something in order to not let pgos ruin the game.
The PGO also kills town PRs so I don't think he implemented anything.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Guys, deadline is in a day, what do you think, lynch or no lynch? If so, who's the play?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Handorin (2): Marshy, Macman

Not voting: Riddle, Gheb_01, junglefever, Pierre the Scarecrow, SwordsRbroken, Handorin

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

A deadline was set a long time ago for Friday, November 6 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Now that you've noticed, if enough of you want an extension I'll lift it for the time being and reinstate it when you stop talking again.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unvote
so what's the plan of action. PGO claims and he leads a lynch? do it up epicmafia style

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I have no idea what to do in this situation.

We could no lynch, and pray mafia tries to target an active PGO. If they don't we have the chance to lose at least 1, maybe 2, and hopefully not 3 townies.

If we lynch...and mislynch, it's basically all the stuff above + another one allready down.

urghghh

/frustration.

Top Bottom