• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
The tier list will always be made here.

What you're seeing is tournament results for the tournaments uploaded to the site(Which happen to have a lot of G&Ws placing. 6 different G&Ws have gotten into the top 6 at least once)

D

Deleted member 189823

But why numbers like Top 6 and Top 8? Why not just Top 10 or simply Top 5?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
is marth vs GaW doable?

seems hella lame...
People say it is. I think it's winnable but really really hard. IMO Hardest matchup other than ICs.

marth feels like he was designed to **** Gdubs

Even though I have MK I still go GW on marth, though.

its a -2

BTW I start my journey to Apex in some hours. Gonna stay in San Antonio for a few days before I hit the East Coast. Any of the other GW mains gonna be there? We can meet up and take pictures and things of that nature.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
We just have a hard time fighting characters with strong OOS options since our main shield pressure move and approach just sorta hangs on shields a bit (turtle) and our grab sorta sucks. Penetrating Marth's bubble is really hard and misspacing can lead to you getting tippered. He's also hard to chase and run away from because we both have good air speed but he has faster moves and better range. We lose Up-B too because as opposed to saving us like against other characters because it puts us above marth which sucks. And being on the ledge against Marth is just... impossible. IMO it's the most frustrating part of the matchup.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
BTW I start my journey to Apex in some hours. Gonna stay in San Antonio for a few days before I hit the East Coast. Any of the other GW mains gonna be there? We can meet up and take pictures and things of that nature.
Man, now I really wish I was going. :(

But I'd say either Marth or Snake is the worst Gdubs matchup, besides IC's. MetaKnight is more doable than they are, imo.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Oh yeah Diddy's a pain too, but he's more managable when he doesn't have his bananas out. I'd rather fight a Diddy with bananas than a Snake with no grenades.

One thing that's annoyed me more than anything is Snakes who pop out grenades, then either sit in their shield or just roll, resulting in my bairs/dairs hitting their grenades and them taking no damage.:mad:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Nah diddy for the second hardest.
Also don't back air marth's shield that's just stupid. Dtilt is a better approach than bair against marth

:phone:

D

Deleted member 189823

I just want to go to APEX. :x
If I could, I would avenge Zigsta and fight Dabuz to a battle of death and glory.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm gonna play so safe tomorrow. No crazy edgeguards for me tomorrow. I'm gonna get leads and retreating bair my *** off...

Also on another topic: Valdens is still good. Barely got to play him, actually didn't even get to show him my gdubs

his Gdubs looks so basic but it works, WAYYYY better than my loose reckless playstyle. He went even with Trela, technically beat Espy in a set although they went pretty even overall, and made Nike look like cake (Dude's marth felt impenetrable to me.)

Also I played a LOT of matches with Kprime and have come to the conclusion that Pika Gdubs is more even then it is in our favor. It's still in our favor but very slightly. Ominous is smoking crack and really needs to play a good Pika if he thinks that matchup is +2. Everytime I got a lead I got caught in either a hard to escape string or a legit combo that equal'd out the percent. We're too light and Pika's off the top KO game is just too solid. and when he's comboing the whole getting outranged thing is sorta irrelevant. We beat Pika but not by much, the character is just too good. one string pretty much puts us at near KO %. And this isn't just my personal matches, this is also watching Valdens play and he's a lot better, the same **** happened to him and we played enough matches to adapt to the matchup. Using Peach was MUCH easier, so was MK actually. But yeah. I didn't get to play espy enough to absorb any useful info, I was too busy falling for sonic gimmicks and ****. I didn't get to play long enough to adapt to them, the character is deceptive as **** he will be over here>>>>>>>>>>> and somehow hit you from over here<<<<<<<<<<<<. I may upload the matches but I literally suicide every single recorded match with each of my characters. Not using my own controller johns. Marth is still bad as it was. I had some close matches but they were far and few in between i was much more successful with MK to my surprise (Because Marth's **** MKs inexperienced at the matchup). I still got ***** but not as brutally. I dunno what to do about Marth, Snake, and Falco. I'm thinking of going MK on Marth and Snakes and Peach on Falco. Even though peach get's ***** by Falco, I always do best with here at the matchup.

anyway i've been up all night and I'm just trying to stay awake until 11 so I can take my shuttle to the airport so I can head to Jersey =)

San antonio... sucks. It's too ****ing big. You have to take the highway to go EVERYWHERE and it just sucks. I didn't have transportation and I just felt ****ty asking people to drive 30 mins just to do some menial shiz

Now I remember why nobody likes Texas =/

San Antonio scene is really legit though. Cool people (like most scenes) epic 3 day smashfest... that wasn't so much a smashfest as it was a hangout thingy.

Also, Now I know the pain I cause MKs who play my Gdubs. I fell for EVERY trick I do to MKs when I went mk vs Valdens, I just... didn't know what to do. Like every kill was a fair 3 inches from the boundary I was so lost on what to do, I couldn't even get down so I could spam tilts and I was too afraid to tornado. Getting Dthrowed was terrifying I just kept trying to tech in place and buffer Up-b lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
You can make it out of this pool, please doooo. Also i will not be attending apex so goodluck to everyone who is lol.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^that

Its like up the street for you.

Anyway thanks for the confidence. Im from a pretty meh region but i'll likely be the only AZ rep so i gotta not get *****. I cant be afraid to go mk either.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I thought K9 and Sillykyle were going as well. Did they end up not being able to make it?
Kyle spends all his money on weed because... i dunno ugh

K9 is supposes to but its looking kinda "uh..."

Hes just really passionate. I hope he comes hes gotten so much better and i really want him to show his stuff

And i will probably play my normal way against m2k and the japanese guy

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
First time I ever watched Dueler play, all I thought was "he never uses nair, yet still does well. wtf?"

Also, while you guys have fun at Apex, I'll be attending some big-ish finnish tourney. I don't think LzR is coming for whatever stupid reason, so I'll just have to place twice in the top 6.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-s7AcmFLQ

Most defensive peach i've ever seen, seems like it should've been cake but dueler never went for grab or any mixups and he like NEVER uses nair. Why?

I feel like dueler should have had that in the bag, that peach didn't seem particularly hard to play, peach on defense is less scary then her on offense
In dueler's defense yami got a stupid amount of stitch faces to the point where I didn't even count the set.

Top Bottom