• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah. Got ***** though. Day one team i just found the dude and we teamed. Had fun though, we had two hard teams in a row, we got 0-2'd

First was Koolaid and Kain, second was Kingtoon and Xzax. Still fun though. Alph, I played your Marth guy. He's good lol. Most of our matches was **** on me but I got close once or twice. I watched him play NEO too, he did decently but NEO was ultimately outplaying/reading him. Didn't get to see him play atomsk not sure if they did yet but I really wanted to see.

I played the japanese too, they're nice and really good but I can't go into details because i gotta wake up in like 4 hours, Im gonna get ***** by sleep deprivation tomorrow. Wish me luck, guys. I've been doing decently and impressing a lot of people (who seemed surprised they havent heard of me) but im ultimately losing most of my matches. I can't actually win. I do well all game but end up SDing or getting gimped or just dying really low. I guess I have no clutch factor to turn my matches into victories. regardless i'm having a blast, i'll give you guys more details when i get a chance.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Lol, nobody is going to believe that salem won apex until they see vids. Unreal tournament.

On another note, i saw smiley and nekko play doubles and vinnie played a match as g&w vs kakera =D too bad he got bodied =/

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Lol, nobody is going to believe that salem won apex until they see vids. Unreal tournament.

On another note, i saw smiley and nekko play doubles and vinnie played a match as g&w vs kakera =D too bad he got bodied =/
I got bodied too. The team i played on the stream got 9th in the tourney lol

Had a ton of fun. can't wait to give you guys the run down when im not tired

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right Gardex. I now believe you are the best G&W in Europe. Dueler or me don't stand a chance. Nice meeting you again.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
I got bodied too. The team i played on the stream got 9th in the tourney lol

Had a ton of fun. can't wait to give you guys the run down when im not tired
Haha dw about it. I envy you for being able to go. The only thing i really remember from your match was you got punished for jab a lot? Its too bad our jab sucks =[

Did you stay up for the whole thing? Like were you there live for when Salem won?

Sar

Smash Journeyman
I like how the two hypest Apex matches both involved an underdog character beating out M2K.
I actually thought that the M2K-Otori set was pretty incredible. It had to be one of, if not THE, biggest comeback in a big tournament ever. Of course, it's awfully tough for MK dittos to ever be considered that hype =P

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
<3@LzR

My favorite part was when people started to cheer for Mew2King. I always felt like he could need some motivation boost in tournaments.

While traveling home from Finland, all I did was watch, or try to watch Apex. 'twas so hype, I wish I was there.

Also: http://smash4u.net/rankings/event/lantrek-13-singles.16/
5th place
Almost beat Schwa's Diddy Kong. 2 stocked him game 1. Sadly it was the SKTAR-ruleset, so I had no really good counterpick. With frigate/halberd, I might've taken it and probably gotten top 3(I'm fairly confident I would've beaten Jebu).
I also played like **** vs Hudet. Horrible excecution mistakes turned reads into deaths and cost me dearly.

Also had a little smashfest later on: http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii608/gardexyesz/Cleftors1_zpsef626bc2.png
Finally beat Schwa. I shouldn't even have dropped a game. I had him at last stock 100%, but suicided last stock because of failing to do dropdown nair(ended up just dairing. Woo, haven't died like that in ages)

Diddy is definitely -1

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Plz give dueler some advice vs diddy, by PM or here x) the poor ******* makes me sad by how much he rages against any diddy player.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Plz give dueler some advice vs diddy, by PM or here x) the poor ******* makes me sad by how much he rages against any diddy player.
Probably the best summary in one post

Alright so I'll give my ratio, the BBR ratio, and why an analysis of the MU.

Personal Ratio: -2 :gw:
BBR Ratio: -2 :gw:

Analysis: Game and Watch has no options that are safe against :diddy: shield if he has a banana. That being said you MUST bait the banana throw. If there's a banana in front of :diddy: and one in hand, there is very little you can do. Your main goal should be to get 1 of those bananas away and keep it from getting back to us. You have some nice glide toss set ups, but we're going to be looking for that so throw the bananas up/down, so that you keep it away and it's under your control as a mixup. You can't trip in the air, so stay mobile and weave around our bananas until you can land something. Once you get us in the air/offstage, keep the pressure on. If we knock you away, out comes the bananas (which means back to the -2 MU). If you see bananas flying at you, shield it and your reaction after will normally be one of the following:

1. Jump up and catch it/insta-throw it straight down.
2. Up-b if we try to rush you.
3. Spot dodge the second banana that :diddy: usually throw if it's around.
4. Jump away.

One thing that I never really understood that :gw: players like to do is dair....a lot. If we shield it, we usually get a punish out of it. Don't get me wrong it's a good mixup, but I see players do that the whole match and try to up-b away each time. Game and Watch has to go for mixups and get :diddy: in the air/offstage where he can actually do well against him. Against a campy :diddy:, find something that they keep doing to punish you when you get close, bait it, and turn the tables.

Stages you should shoot for are :battlefieldb: and :yoshisb:. As a counter pick, I would pick :frigate: or :halberd:. Don't try and rush things. If you can get a nice lead, you are in a good position. We have to come to you and commit (sorta lol bananas) which makes punishing us a lot easier. It's a hard MU, but not unwinnable. There aren't many current vids of this MU, so I guess look at some older ones to get a feel on how it looks. Overall, your major disadvantage is that you don't have a safe option on our shield if we have a banana. Bait and punish will be your key to winning this MU.
More info available here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323086

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I've been in the lab recently and am thinking of some pretty creative things for Gdubs

but first off does anybody know how jab resets work?

I'm trying to hit a footstooled body with weak hit fair but it doesn't force a get up or set them for another one they still have all their options after they get hit and I wanna know how that stuff works.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You gotta hit them earlier to force a get up. Otherwise they can just do anything they want.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Tried something like that myself once. The weak fair hit was the troublemaker for me as well. It seemed to work at lower percentages(Although I'm not confirming anything here. This is how Falcon's ftilt works, though)

You could try using the hammer.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Footstool -> Weak F-Air (lock the opponent) -> 9 Hammer as they get up. Pretty creative indeed, though one needs to be lucky. Chargin a FSmash / DSmash is more reliable I think.

I only speculate, by the way.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
B)

WHen I say using the hammer, I mean to use it to lock the opponent, btw.

I believe it's number 2 that will always cause this, but there might be more

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Tbh if I was to actually try to use locking with GW I'd do it in SV using quick platform cancels to drop down much faster. I cannot understand how you would get down after a footstool fast enough to perform a fair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Pratfall means a trip which doesn't allow for locks. Edgeslip is the correct term if you mean pushing someone down a platform where some characters cannot tech the fall. Personally instead of a lock I'd just go for the guaranteed fsmash, but then again I don't have the motivation to practice the lock.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I've been in the lab recently and am thinking of some pretty creative things for Gdubs

but first off does anybody know how jab resets work?

I'm trying to hit a footstooled body with weak hit fair but it doesn't force a get up or set them for another one they still have all their options after they get hit and I wanna know how that stuff works.
Weak hit fair your opponent in midair -> footstool -> weak hit fair reset. The reset doesn't force the getup in place but it does force a tech chase. It's better than nothing.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
If their uair is laggy and they try to juggle with it, breversing bacon can do wonders. Breverse to bair, or wavebounce to fair. Both work pretty well.

Mostly to get out of juggles.

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
Do we have any solid uses for B-reverse? I see vinnie try to whip it out during tourney sets all the time, but it seems to only get him punished.
I have one particular use of B-Reverse, the pan overprioritize the Mk's tornado, it wavebounces its hitbox right through the multiple tornado hitboxes, and thus hit him.
Just like high-level Marth counter it with a little retreat to UpB, the timing is not that longer.

@Gardex : Heard Hudet went ahead of you at Lantrek, still confident in your abilities ?
And who is Heru ? I don't remember him from last Garelaf...

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Yeah Hudet has started beating me lately. But it's worth mentioning that I played like absolute **** at Lantrek vs him. I had all these reads, all these free punishes, and I end up being the one who gets killed/hit because of technical errors.
It was pretty bad.

Heru is probably the best player in Finland atm. He has beaten Schwa 3-4 tournaments in a row now. He's a sick Metaknight, and I wouldn't be pushing it if I claimed that he was top 3 in Europe with MK.
I was hoping to face him in bracket, but it never happened.

And about vs Diddy. I have the replays where I beat him. I think there are some nifty things I do there that you can pick up on.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
No, that's the amount of G&Ws that have placed top 6 in tournaments. It contains tournaments submitted to the site from the start of the site until post-Apex

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Scandinavian people are funny.

Shoutouts to Old Man Grey! T'was nice meeting you. I wanted to do that Ganon ditto MM with you but you suddenly disappeared and I couldn't find you :(

:059:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Scandinavian people are funny.

Shoutouts to Old Man Grey! T'was nice meeting you. I wanted to do that Ganon ditto MM with you but you suddenly disappeared and I couldn't find you :(

:059:
It was great playing ya...except for losing you know. I was mostly at the venue save for those few times passing out on those cofmy chairs in the first room.

I wanted to meet you but couldn't find you.

As for the Gdubs

There was Me, Neko, Arty, GTZ, Vinnie, and Paper I know for sure that was there.
I was the
Mexican
in a black jacket with an American patch sown on the left arm. Well, there's always Gen3sis...

I roomed with Paper! He was a cool guy and I thought I was the only Gdubs in Socal.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
From this moment, I quit GW. I will be a solo Peach from now on. I'll still hang around.

Top Bottom