• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol Usmashing Oli @ 2:19. Good CFs can be surprisingly hard. L knows how to survive with Oli game 3 wow.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Yeah Ally refuses to go snake against L_Cancel because of the obvious Olimar. And Lordy's Falcon is like three times as scary in doubles.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hey, I was using gaw again, posted some stuff and got no critique for it. =(

D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah...

And on a site note, I'll let you guys know I've had a MM around two weeks ago and I've used Wario and Bowser.
Yeah, I've pretty much replaced gaw for Wario as I wanted a fast and reliable killer (which is what I expected from gaw in my n00b days) while I've found myself struggling to kill with gaw nowadays- Or maybe I was just always a mediocre gaw player. I don't know, I'm always, always willing to accept tips on killing. I don't want to stop using gaw as I always did. :(

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Got 9th at a tournament yesterday. Used mostly GnW, some Dedede, and a couple games as ROB.

I love fighting Marths who think they can play sloppy against GnW because it's a -2. Biggest mistake they ever make.

Oh and I took a game of one of the other GnW's with my Dedede, and almost beat the winner with my Dedede too. :D

How have you guys all been?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Marths who don't know what to do against GW are easy. Though if they know what to do, it can be hell.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Not knowing a MU can hurt a player big time and take away their advantage. Jiggz was like that for me at first :/ .

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am lucky to be the one and only GW in my location. It's not like it's a big deal all good players know how to deal with me already.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Oh and I took a game of one of the other GnW's with my Dedede, and almost beat the winner with my Dedede too. :D

How have you guys all been?
How sickening! It was destiny that you'd have a ditto GW match but alas, you stride away from your fate. Bah!

And I am OK. I have finals coming up and I hope to buy a car soon.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I've been reading some frame data, and wtf... If everything is correct, then GaW can usmash shields almost for free (given the shield push is great enough, but it usually is).

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been reading some frame data, and wtf... If everything is correct, then GaW can usmash shields almost for free (given the shield push is great enough, but it usually is).
Can the opponent spot dodge>punish?
Tether grabs will punish this so don't try vs them.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
^nope they wouldn't work.

I mean tether grabs won't work. Spot dodging will work if timed right, but I am talking about hitting shield. Apparently it's only -2 on block.

Everyone should read all the frame data threads lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
*checks* 9 frames cooldown isn't bad.
Up Smash
Frame Breakdown:
• 1-23 Startup
• 24-28 Hitbox out
• 29-38 Cooldown

A tether would work if the grab was timed to start after the first few frames of Usmash's attack (24ish) but the timing is stricter than I thought. Some fast OoS options might work too because the shield takes the hit. Maybe Bowser's upB.
It's a good tactic to know.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Looking at frame data, usmash oos is almost exactly as fast as fsmash OoS because of the jump cancel. If you can fsmash someone OoS you can probably do anything either way. Try usmashing Marths from DB.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Ive been doing this for ages. It seems to me like its close to as safe as MK f-smash (although I don't know the frame data so i may be wrong), so anything that can punish Mk fsmash can punnish usmash, but the list is small.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol damn I should've read the beginning more closely. I guess usmash is -9 vs things like upB OoS, usmash OoS and grab :(. I guess if you hit their shield and they're facing away from you, it's -2, and it's basically for free.

So much hype gone.

EDIT: It looks like usmash will be safer than MKs fsmash actually. Hits on the same frame, cools down 3 frames sooner. Also good call on the usmash OoS lzr. Since the range on usmash is ridiculous, it'll probably hit just as well.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
^yeah, so maybe it can still be as good as I initially thought. If we can push them far enough that a grab OoS won't reach, then we get the insane lack of frame disadvantage. Even non-charged usmash has crazy shield push.

EDIT: I've been told that oli's shield grab takes 12 frames to come out. We need 13 frames if we want to usmash -> upB to be completely safe. Olis grab takes longer the further you are away. I wonder if the shield push is great enough to let us be safe.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
^yeah, so maybe it can still be as good as I initially thought. If we can push them far enough that a grab OoS won't reach, then we get the insane lack of frame disadvantage. Even non-charged usmash has crazy shield push.

EDIT: I've been told that oli's shield grab takes 12 frames to come out. We need 13 frames if we want to usmash -> upB to be completely safe. Olis grab takes longer the further you are away. I wonder if the shield push is great enough to let us be safe.
I believe you're onto something.
Time to usmash Olimar CONSTANTLY

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wouldn't Olimar just Usmash us OoS? His usmash is the ****. I'm sure a yellow one will hit.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If we can push them far enough that a grab OoS won't reach, then we get the insane lack of frame disadvantage. Even non-charged usmash has crazy shield push.
Tether grabs like Link/Samus/ZSS etc catch based on when the grab starts even if shield push makes the grabber slide back. Shield push doesn't matter. Same applies to tethering the edge; that's why whiplash works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hBN5GR6-pvA#t=104s
Sorry, posting for accuracy.

Oli's is different so it might work vs him.

Top Bottom