• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
So did I tell anyone about how I got a 9 against Smiley in doubles? It was a great form of preemptive revenge. I think it was saved too :D

I've always felt that GnW was made for my playstyle exactly. Nobody else has ever felt so good to me.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So did I tell anyone about how I got a 9 against Smiley in doubles? It was a great form of preemptive revenge. I think it was saved too :D

I've always felt that GnW was made for my playstyle exactly. Nobody else has ever felt so good to me.
I was gonna post that, My **** is uploading right now

That was probably the ultimate payback, For you, that match

9'd, Bucket OHKO'd, and I rolled into your usmash all in one match =(

it'll probably pop up on youtube tonight

Rizen

Smash Legend
G&W is fun. He does great in lag too. It's fun to play wifi dubz and bring out G&W after a few for 5 or all 6 KOs in a game.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Hello Game & Watch boards.

For a little while, I used to troll people in Simple Brawl using Mr. Game & Watch. But over time I realised he has become one of my better high-tier characters, if not the best.

However, this realisation is rather recent, so my G&W isn't as good as my Falcon or my Ness. I hope to improve with him soon enough.

Rizen

Smash Legend
When G&W is able to troll, he TROLLS! But he is a borderline tier and not as good as S and A tiers.

Welcome and good luck with G&W work :)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Thanks ! I'm still trying to get used to "Nair -> Bucket" when it comes to avoid getting killed. It's hard when I'm used to Uair to stop the momentum. D:

Did anyone here got a 9 countered by Marth before ? It backfires VERY hard, I can tell you that :laugh:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ouch :( . Bucket breaking takes a while to get used to lol. It really helps once you master it; G&W can live past 160% most of the time between that and his good recovery :).

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I agree ! When I try to come back, I always get one sausage / fish from the Chef attack before UpBing. It helps sometimes to avoid your opponent gimping you or a projectile.

I used to have a snapshot where I got 3 G&W (myself) getting 1s at the same time. I lost it, but I used it in one of my old Downfall parody videos : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNeSSFd5Tk#t=1m44

The odds of having 3 G&W getting 1s at the same time is 1/729 (9 x 9 x 9). I remember this was from an old replay where in Simple Brawl I went as G&W (Cyan) and confronted 2 other G&W and a Mario who was staying back. Near the end of the time, we were ringing the bells like crazy and Mario decided to use FLUDD to push one of the G&Ws away, resulting in that player getting next to me. In a fit of lulz, I used Judge on that player and guess what I got.

Aaah, good times :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
For judgement (someone correct me if I'm wrong) 1 won't appear the 1st time and after a number is used in won't reappear for the next two uses. So if you get a 9, use judgement 2 more times when it's safe to refresh it.
Provided it's not the 1st use, the odds can be as good as 1 in 7 for each G&W to get a 1.

Some Hitler parodies can be very funny and some are just dumb. Funny intermission picture.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I know about that. At the first use, the odds of having 3 G&W getting the same number is 1 out of 343.

One of my favorite parodies has to be the "Hitler's trip to Japan" mini-series, the second episode being my favourite. Give it a game&watch, I can assure you this will bring a smile to your face x)

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Bucket braking just requires you to know when you're going to be punished hard and react accordingly. If you know you're going to be punished, try to DI/Smash DI so that you go the horizontal direction furthest from a blast zone (i.e. if you're on the left edge of the stage, try and force them to punish you to the right.) Basically just take your thumb off your joystick and nair. Once it's out, just mash down-b until the bucket is out.

D

Deleted member 189823

I think I'm better at doing tech chasing crap with DDD. e.e

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That's because our techchasing is 100% buffered and based on prediction while DDD can actually react and has easier and more obvious options out of it. IMO GWs techchasing is the hardest in the game.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
By Dthrowing a character they can't chaingrab. I have seen the true horror of a good Dedede techchasing myself and I actually wished he could just chaingrab me normally instead :c

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
You can up b out of DDD's dthrow.

I did this to Skinutski all the time, LzR. He couldn't do anything about it

Just hold up and press b when you're able to. SWOOSH

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You can up b out of DDD's dthrow.

I did this to Skinutski all the time, LzR. He couldn't do anything about it

Just hold up and press b when you're able to. SWOOSH
Hold up and get regrabbed without the need for techchasing.
I played the MU with Skinutski later and he messed around with it more and realized it actually works after he started doing it better and I couldn't escape anymore. Our upB is overrated when it comes to escaping combos and stuff.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Shame he quit half a year ago. I don't think we'll hear of him again. I believe he might have been Europes best Dedede even.

D

Deleted member 189823

Shame he quit half a year ago. I don't think we'll hear of him again. I believe he might have been Europes best Dedede even.
I thought he quit over a year ago. ): I knew he was pretty damn good, but I didn't know he was THAT good.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
He's still on dat wifi-training though

@Swei He attended a Norwegian tourney during June/July and got 3rd. Lost to Gagga(Snake) pretty decisively and had a close set with Eddy(MK) in LFs. Got pretty salty after that.

He also got a stupid 50% gordo-KO on me when I was in the lead :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wait he still plays wifi? O_o
Well I doubt he is coming back to the offline scene anyways. Finland has lost a lot of activity anyways :(
Only like 4 players actually play the game outside of tournaments now.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
DDD can't be going for both situations at the same time.

BTW, instead of teching, just airdodge to the ground and up b if you fear this oh-so-mighty grab. Much faster.

I would take a dthrow from DDD over a backthrow any day.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's not that simple guys. Everything you do is punishable in some way. I don't know what the hell that guy is, but his consistency in punishing these options in incredible.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I'm gonna have to take your word on it, but he never caught my up b a single time during our matches. Towards the end he started using fthrow and bthrow. Everytime he tried to regrab I just went straight through his hand because of invincibility frames

Top Bottom