• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
No, that's where D3s (that are sexy) take CGable characters. Its ****.

Also I like how you link that set despite the **** that occurred Game 3 lol.

But Lordy is legit lol. Last time we played I 3 stocked him Game 1. Then he takes me to last hit, Game 2 lol When his MK gets better...I fear my D3s safety lmao.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Had a tournament today, had a few awesome upsets. Tied for 2nd in my pool, got 3rd due to the ruling on it. Took a game off our #3 on our PR. Ended up 13th due to some upsets in bracket, but it was a pretty big tournament. Went almost all GnW, but used some D3 as well.

****ed up Smiley in friendlies, as in I beat his MK/GnW with my Dedede (In friendlies, but still)
We played the ditto for the first (and only) time this season, he won, but it was close.

I also had the best doubles 9 ever, did a hammerslide and got the 9, killed them at like 40 and won us the match. But I got 7th overall there because my partner is a Diddy main, so it's an uphill battle for us because of Diddy being meh in doubles.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^You didn't "**** me up" but whatever i don't even care enough to go into detail i'm so upset with my performance right now

Anyway on my side of things I played terrible all day, did terrible. Lost to a bunch of people I never lose to, characters I never lose to, Gdubs was worst it's ever been today, MK wasn't as bad but it was still bad

Lost to a ness I have never lost to in pools, dunno how. Dropped a match in pools to some kirby and someone's free week old MK. People I normally go even with I lost to or lost particularly bad to today, I got ***** by kyle, so hard I ragequit. I also lost to a sonic who's legit: His first few tourneys and he's taken Kira, K9, as well as some notable players to game 3 and upset a few people. I had a 4-0 record on him until today. won the first as MK, decided to do the character pride thing with Gdubs and lost the next 2 and I just... don't lose to him.

I somehow lost my voice and I never yelled a single time all day, i wasted my time traveling to phoenix for nothing. The only good thing about today is I finally took a game off tyrant's Marth in Project: M with bowser but still that doesn't even really matter.

It's all this chicks fault she made me all emo, this is why i don't give females my attention because they ruin my focus

.kjdsv.kfdsbjk/ what a terrible day =(

AFTER THE TOURNEY I GOT 3RD SO NOW IT LOOKS LIKE A FLUKE

no johns, i just gotta get better i guess. But man it still sucks.

edit: ahhhhhhhhhhhh i just wanna scream and hit things (sorta) i'm more calm now but i can feel this dissatisfaction inside me and i have no outlet for it. I'm afraid to even play smash right now i feel like I can lose to anyone.

double edit: actually nvm I didn't drop a match to the kirby but I almost did.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^^Good work MEOW :)
^@ Smiley: That sucks. I know the feeling of having a bad day then playing absolutely terrible and thinking '**** I KNOW I can do MUCH better' :( . Better luck next time.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I said my definition of ****ing you up is beating you with Dedede, which is more just friendlies being friendlies. But that sucks about the tournament, but next one you should be able to bring it back again, you have a lot of people to train with and you can get back to that crazy performance from when you got third.

The ness guy really needed to do well though, he was getting really emo at the end.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I said my definition of ****ing you up is beating you with Dedede, which is more just friendlies being friendlies. But that sucks about the tournament, but next one you should be able to bring it back again, you have a lot of people to train with and you can get back to that crazy performance from when you got third.

The ness guy really needed to do well though, he was getting really emo at the end.
You realize I came in a 3 person carpool one of which didn't play and the other of which lives 40 minutes from me. Who do I have to play?

it's not a ton of people. It's me.

Phoenix is the city with the smashfests, and get to play all the outta staters and tyrant all the time whenever they come through, and has the active scene.

on the bright side of things I really like our new venue, though.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I thought you and Relic played a lot, and your roommate played as well. my bad then.

But I never know when smashfests are, I don't get on that facebook enough.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I thought you and Relic played a lot, and your roommate played as well. my bad then.

But I never know when smashfests are, I don't get on that facebook enough.
Relic sucks and everyone quit. My roommate is LeRoy (if you've played him), he only plays smash because I do, he's not particularly great and doesn't really want to. Me and Ja3 are the only people left in tucson essentially.

Anyway I was watching some of the matches trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and I think I was just trying to read too much, I wasn't playing automatic enough (Which explains why my MK was doing better because i really only need to play automatic with him.)

I'm going through some personal problem things right now, so i'll make that my john. I kept getting punished for making really hard (and incorrect) reads. If I just played a bit more mindlessly a lot of the stuff probably wouldve worked, I was just overthinking everything I did.

Edit: Yo mah boy Stroumbert beat Ally D3 in tourney.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am considering going this weekends tournament using 100% G&W. Just to prove I am the ****. And I haven't practice chaingrabs for a long time either and my technical skill with Peach atm is **** so I don't have much choice either. I'll show you I'm better than Gardex :awesome:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
if you wanna see me lose a +3 matchup it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feW4Le5ZlE&feature=plcp

I was disappointed when it happened but I was underestimating him (mainly because it's ness) and that was totally my fault. You can actually hear me go: "that went south, really fast..." at the end of the first match.

I'm mainly posting it here as sorta motivation for myself as well as to give the other player props. Sadpanda doesn't get a post like this because his character is gay, though =)

edit: btw random thought meow almost 9'd me in Gdubs dittos but I shielded it and fsmashed him in the lag LOL

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wait are you saying we **** Ness? No way. It's almost even. There is no need to feel bad. I have yet to beat Finlands best Ness in a set too. Ness can challenge us in the air and being on the ground is also hard because his dashgrab just *****.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Wait are you saying we **** Ness? No way. It's almost even. There is no need to feel bad. I have yet to beat Finlands best Ness in a set too. Ness can challenge us in the air and being on the ground is also hard because his dashgrab just *****.
I personally think it's +2 not +3 (And Lucas is a +1) but I those are just my feelings. But yes I do think we have a solid advantage on Ness.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What exactly do we have on him? If you are talking about the bucket, then no, you are wrong. His fair walls us pretty bad and Bthrow is really hard to avoid. Not to mention his moves are fast and safe so it's hard to punish him with anything. Ness is hard to deal with really.
EDIT: An I believe we beat Lucas because unlike Ness he doesn't challenge us in the air and his groundgame isn't good enough to make up for it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Sadpanda doesn't get a post like this because his character is gay, though =)

edit: btw random thought meow almost 9'd me in Gdubs dittos but I shielded it and fsmashed him in the lag LOL
I'm gonna have to show him this, he will be very pleased.

And I completely forgot about that, the worst part of all of that was that the replay couldn't save :c

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
What exactly do we have on him? If you are talking about the bucket, then no, you are wrong. His fair walls us pretty bad and Bthrow is really hard to avoid. Not to mention his moves are fast and safe so it's hard to punish him with anything. Ness is hard to deal with really.
EDIT: An I believe we beat Lucas because unlike Ness he doesn't challenge us in the air and his groundgame isn't good enough to make up for it.
The only matchup I think Bucket actually makes a difference in is Pikachu. Fair does wall us, and dash attack has a lot of range too, but those moves have very specific uses and positioning. For example, I think only retreating fair really gives us a problem. I don't think he can do anything about fishbowl either (except for fair), he's fairly easy to juggle, and we are actually less susceptible to Bthrow because of bucket (despite our weight). My Gdubs dies at a higher percent than any of my characters to Bthrow (and my DI is pretty good for the most part). I think it's because of the way the move's knockback is in that it's not necessarily fast you just get caught in the momentum, but we can momentum cancel so I'll find myself bucket braking before I even come near the boundary whereas with Peach and MK I do like 12 Uairs and continue to steadily fly into the blastzone. Maybe I'm imagining things but it's something I noticed. Also... actually I guess I do think bucket makes a big difference in this matchup. Insta buckets off PK Fires in addition to bucketing PK Thunders doesn't really need to KO just sorta put mental pressure on Ness and even makes him easier to edgeguard with other methods. Like in the video techically I could've won the second match with a fair (But me trying to do extra like always wanted to win via Uair)

But essentially I'm saying we're good at limiting his options off stage and have multiple means of doing it that other characters don't have access to so it's even harder for ness to get back on stage versus us because we can use aerials, bucket, uair, or eat the thunder, whereas most characters just have aerials and eating the thunder (or a few with the ability to reflect PKthunder2 offstage.)

Yeah he can fair but it's still risky, we can beat him to the ledge and onstage, or Up-B him (on purpose OR by accident) and make all kinds of dumb stuff happen. His ground game isn't all that scary because we just outrange him.

Lucas on the other hand, I think is good at camping us, PK fire has a stupid hitbox and we don't really get much off bucketing it, Upsmash beats out dair, dsmash beats turtle, Ftilt is ****ing stupid it's fast and surprise KOs and the range isn't particularly bad. I just feel like that stupid disjoint he has on everything makes him a harder character to deal with than Ness. His recovery is better and harder to intercept, he's faster and Bucketing his recovery is harder and So is Uairing because he's aerial mobility in freefall is dumb. Doesn't his dair beat fishbowl? I think the only reason we even beat him in because he's lucas...

Also his KO moves are faster and his throws aren't too shabby either.

Edit: @ Meow, I'm sure he will be.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Both Lucas and Ness sideB are absolute **** and should be ignored. Especially against us when we just bucket it. SideB has no use against us. Ness doesn't even need to use his projectiles as they suck. His recovery is already limited and I have failed to bucket a good Ness when he recovers. When you get close enough to bucket and they are smart, they will either DJ dair you or just jump past you. A good Ness will save his second jump. The bucket his upB thing is pretty much a gimmick. And no, fair and bair are a big deal against us. Ness has a great aerial game without much lag so it's kinda even battle in the air. Our bigger hitboxes vs his much faster lagless aerials. Lucas up and downsmashes are too slow to be a problem. If you get usmashed out of your dair you are a bad GW who dairs too much. And Ness Bthrow still kills are retardedly early, bucket brake doesn't make a huge difference, we fly at the speed of light at like 100% unless we are at the center of the stage.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Both Lucas and Ness sideB are absolute **** and should be ignored. Especially against us when we just bucket it. SideB has no use against us. Ness doesn't even need to use his projectiles as they suck. His recovery is already limited and I have failed to bucket a good Ness when he recovers. When you get close enough to bucket and they are smart, they will either DJ dair you or just jump past you. A good Ness will save his second jump. The bucket his upB thing is pretty much a gimmick. And no, fair and bair are a big deal against us. Ness has a great aerial game without much lag so it's kinda even battle in the air. Our bigger hitboxes vs his much faster lagless aerials. Lucas up and downsmashes are too slow to be a problem. If you get usmashed out of your dair you are a bad GW who dairs too much. And Ness Bthrow still kills are retardedly early, bucket brake doesn't make a huge difference, we fly at the speed of light at like 100% unless we are at the center of the stage.
I've bucketed FOW's recovery. I'm not saying that's THE way to KO ness. He can save his jump versus anyone, doesn't change the fact that our edgeguards are not only easier to do but more effective and plentiful and we have more options because of how safe our recovery is too. His fair is good but we still outrange him 90% of the time he isn't using that or dash attack. Dash attack will only be used as a punish rather than an approach so the range on that is kinda irrelevant for this discussion so he has fair really. We have fishbowl for everything else.

I'm not really trying to argue about this because I just got off work and it's 7am for me but I'll just state that I do think there's something wrong with losing to a ness. No offense, I'm talking about for me.

Regardless, kid played well and definitely did some cool stuff (like the jab lock) so it is what it is

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Ness doesn't have a problems dealing with out nair. His bair will destroy it if you don't hit Ness.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why so? At max range we can just bucket it and he maybe gets a grab or fair at us. At closer range just powershield and approach him.

Top Bottom