• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Lmao never said Id drop fatty.

That commercial....lol

But like, I'm a momentum based player playing.a character that is more centered around stop the opponent's momentum.if anything. And when Dedede is on the ropes....ITS BAD. I'm already used to having to trick people for kills and when GW has the momentum it can get pretty sick. I just love the feeling of landing these quick, sick.combos and scaring mg opponent. And he actually has escape options. This is why I'm considering using him more.

ZTD | TECHnology

So I will ask this:

About four months ago, I hit a new skill level.and started playing REALLY well. But after a few tournaments, I lost it. Now I've been playing really badly. I've been in a slump for like the past 3 months. Its been frustrating more and more. I'm losing my ability to stay positive. I'm the best player im my area and so my offline practice isn't that beneficial. I work.and go to.school full time as well. I just cant get consistent solid practice. And wifi is pointless.

And I did try a break. A did a solid month of no.Brawl, and I felt good. Refreshed. But it did nothing. And so I keep ending up at this point. Super frustrated and tired of Dedede/wanting to quit yet unsatsfied and wanting to prove myself. I need a solution. I can't keep doing this.

What should I do?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Pick a new character and learn to play it well. When you feel better again, go back to your old characters, except now you got a new pocket character. Helps me when I feel bad.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter. As long as it's fun. You don't have to be good with the new character.
Also come Skype if you have time.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Stop focusing on getting better and just always think about what you're doing wrong, and nothing else. Humans are really bad at consciously making decisions on the spot (typically), so reflect on your mistakes and your brain will eventually learn patterns that can correct it. Not making this up either, the neuroscience behind it is quite legit.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I'm in this really awkward position.

So I went a regional and played absolutely terrible. Unfortunately, I only got two hours of sleep prior to the event.

But, in singles my :gw: did so much better than my other characters. I was doing disgusting things with him lol. It seems my mindgames and playstyle work.well with him. Conditioning a Lucario to spotdodge so I can.kill him all 3 times with sweetspoted D Smash...lmao. My Dedede sucked major *** though. I'm so.tired of his weaknesses....which leads me to my next point.

I'm considering maining :gw:. But I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. I love the character and I'm.actually good with him in singles. But I'd just be trading one problem character for another. But :gw:'s weaknesses seem.easier to manage to me.
I wish I'd known about this, I'd have come over and watched.

Patches

Smash Master
I agree with Alphicans, I dwell too much on getting better and in the end, get worse and get stuck in a bad mind frame. I feel if you can just notice your mistakes as they come along eventually you'll stop doing them.
:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Derek just use GW, his weaknesses are definitely easier to manage. Keep D3 for Marth (unless you want me to make your GW go from 2D to FreeD :yeahboi:) and you should mostly be good lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I'm the only one who considers Marth about as hard as Falco? Meaning a disadvantage that can be overcome with MU knowledge, but your options are still quite limited.

ZTD | TECHnology

I still have Wario.

But I might do this. I'm not sure why but I feel like I can contribute something to this character. I had the same feeling with Dedede and pretty much all metagame discoveries for him in the past two.years came from me. So who knows?

Also.Shadow: My :gw: was pretty secret until that tourney lol. Never used him seriously before then so don't feel bad. If you ever want advice though, hit me up. :)

And Chi, you better learn that :jigglypuff: MU first...

:yeahboi:

Patches

Smash Master
IMO this is how it goes.

:popo: > :falco:/:marth:/:olimar: > :diddy: > :metaknight:

But I have a personal problem with Olimar, not sure how everyone else does against him.

And I'm happy to hear you're so determined with :gw:, at your tourney, imma teach everything I know to you, young padawan.

:denzel:

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Olimar is totally a -1.

It feels like a totally even MU because all MU is baiting on both sides. Olimar just wins because he kills easier.

And yesssss teach me. :D

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
G&W/Olimar is actually two different MUs at once.

:popo: > :marth: >= :diddy: > :metaknight:/:olimar: > :popo:(not top level)
IMO!!!!

Idk I might even think Olimar is even tbh. It's basically a baiting fight, like, even more than normal Brawl matches. It's extreme. Both destroy eachother.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Against MK it's actually risky to even recover. And he has the same **** aka upB that beats everything and a really really good grab which is what we don't like. I consider MK a -2. Winnable by all means, but you really gotta work harder than the MK player. You have answers to everything, but his answers are much better and easier to pull off.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Good grab, but except for just putting you in a semi-bad position with dthrow, he can't do much else with it.

Also his up b is what I meant with commitment. What happens if he misses or mistimes it? He gets launched into freefall. It could cost him a stock so easily. I know it's not likely to happen a lot, but a single mistake can cost him a stock at 70-80%. That's pretty bad. Marth can simply dancing blade. We escape with up b, what happens? Nothing, or a juggle on his side.

And his mobility in the air is so fun. SO FUN! Keeping MK in the air is one of my biggest pleasures.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Marth is way harder than MK.

Marth shuts us down harder than MK on the ground, air, and ledge, KOs better, has grab releases, two amazing OOS options against us, and has just as good if not better airspeed so here's no running from that guy at all.

MK is weaker, and we have things against MK to actually exploit, most notably his terrible tech rolls

actually scratch that MK shuts us down harder on the ground but still I feel like marth is tailor made to counter Gdubs, he has an answer for everything =/

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
G&W/Olimar is actually two different MUs at once.

:popo: > :marth: >= :diddy: > :metaknight:/:olimar: > :snake: :popo:(not top level)
IMO!!!!

Idk I might even think Olimar is even tbh. It's basically a baiting fight, like, even more than normal Brawl matches. It's extreme. Both destroy eachother.

You forgot snake. I'll just add it somewhere reasonable lol.

i agree with this overall.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I can't talk about Snake.

I beat top-leveled Snakes, but lose to mid-leveled players' pocket Snakes.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Where are the folks? I saw on the D3 boards that the MU chart teams are being assembled. Does anyone know who the GnW panelists?

Top Bottom