• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
His ftilt is almost unpunishable on shield if at max range.

His utilt has 2 frames of invincibility

His UpB has super armor on the ascent.

Inhale>Utilt is guaranteed if buffered correctly

Bair can make a wop very well and can kill

He has the best vertical momentum cancelling in the game.

His UpB can spike and then be cancelled in time to grab the ledge.

His Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo/Gordo toss can be slightly tilted.

His jab is one of the slowest in the game.

Did I get enough?

Alphicans

Smash Hero

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
His ftilt is almost unpunishable on shield if at max range.

Poweshield it, and have decent ground speed and it's a wrap.

His utilt has 2 frames of invincibility

Correct.

His UpB has super armor on the ascent.

Correct.

Inhale>Utilt is guaranteed if buffered correctly

This is not guaranteed unless the opponent mashes. This is literally something that should only work on an opponent once if they have common sense. If you don't mash...we spit you out automatically.

Bair can make a wop very well and can kill

Too bad it's usually stale by the time it's time to kill...lmao.

He has the best vertical momentum cancelling in the game.

Correct.

His UpB can spike and then be cancelled in time to grab the ledge.

Correct.

His Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo/Gordo toss can be slightly tilted.

It's distance can be augmented too.

His jab is one of the slowest in the game.

THE slowest. Frame 12.

Did I get enough?

Nope. :awesome:
Responses in red.

And Tom...way to state the obvious XD

But :gw: is just as bad so...

:yeahboi:

Patches

Smash Master
Is it bad that I didn't know that about the swallow?

THE MORE YOU KNOW~

Good thing I'm starting to take practice seriously again, I can keep all this in mind

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

So I'm going to be one of the main commentators for RETRIBUTION this weekend. In addition, my doubles matches always seem to get tossed on the stream. Look for me this weekend and say what's up! Gonna try to rep that :gw: again. It's been a while.

ZTD | TECHnology

All of that information is readily available to the public in my directory thread..lol

People shouldn't be relying on gimmicks to win anyway.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
So I'm going to be one of the main commentators for RETRIBUTION this weekend. In addition, my doubles matches always seem to get tossed on the stream. Look for me this weekend and say what's up! Gonna try to rep that :gw: again. It's been a while.
Nice, I'll try to watch the stream if I can. :)

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Not relying on them to win, but making the fight easier. The more you know. And knowing is half the battle.

But the thread doesn't say how its done for a few pages. Still funny as hell to kill with it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
So I finally was able to realize that dsmash is not a good punish. Dont know what took me so long, I always knew not to, but when someone whiffs a move behind me I used to instinctively dsmash (too much rob haha)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Break the habit, but keep in mind they still do that, and then you can dsmash to punish as a strong mix-up/read. Opponents generally assume you know your character and the best possible punishes... So abuse this! If they avoid the option that is most likely to work they're likely to make themselves vulnerable to a stronger option that shouldn't work. That's the secret beauty to GaW.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
GWs smashes are really hard to hit good players with. You'll have to use setups imo. I wouldn't use dsmash to punish like anything except really laggy moves, which smart people shouldn't even use on your shield at kill %.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You sure? I don't seem to be able to do that in time. Why not just turn around grab to techchase to be safe?

Patches

Smash Master
^^^ way better option.

unless theyre at kill %, then its worth the risk.

also, think you guys have enough :gw: in Europe? I looked at your one tourney, and I see you, Gardex, and DuelerX one after another, all in the top 5. Good ****~

I hope there was at least one :gw: ditto. LOL

-LzR-

Smash Hero
also, think you guys have enough :gw: in Europe? I looked at your one tourney, and I see you, Gardex, and DuelerX one after another, all in the top 5. Good ****~

We are the only good ones I think, and we all happened to be at the same tourney :awesome:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
^^^ way better option.

unless theyre at kill %, then its worth the risk.

Well, except for us 3, we have LinkinHand, Overgamer and somewhat Lifes.

Kaak supposedly shows up here and there and does well(you know, the usual G&W-main who quit)

Basically it was just lucky that all of us attended the same tourney.

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
Well, except for us 3, we have LinkinHand, Overgamer and somewhat Lifes.

Kaak supposedly shows up here and there and does well(you know, the usual G&W-main who quit)

Basically it was just lucky that all of us attended the same tourney.
The 6 of us could possibly be together at the same tourney, which is Final Destination this
summer, if everything goes well (G&W Gauntlet Money Matches, gentlemen ?)

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm in this really awkward position.

So I went a regional and played absolutely terrible. Unfortunately, I only got two hours of sleep prior to the event.

But, in singles my :gw: did so much better than my other characters. I was doing disgusting things with him lol. It seems my mindgames and playstyle work.well with him. Conditioning a Lucario to spotdodge so I can.kill him all 3 times with sweetspoted D Smash...lmao. My Dedede sucked major *** though. I'm so.tired of his weaknesses....which leads me to my next point.

I'm considering maining :gw:. But I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. I love the character and I'm.actually good with him in singles. But I'd just be trading one problem character for another. But :gw:'s weaknesses seem.easier to manage to me.

Top Bottom