• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle Smash: The Passion of the Smash Player (Jul. 18th, 2009) (Tallahassee)

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm not going to lie at all.

Probably the worst experience I've ever had driving 2 hours.

Thanks for all you people who played Melee with me. If I drove 2 hours to play SSBM with taco who I play ssbm with in PC ALL the time. To add on top of my car getting towed. I would've been extremely unhappy.

@KBM: Hey man, try to remember some of that stuff I told you with fox. You are getting notifyingly better everytime I play you. Keep up the Good work. Fast progression. Another thing you can try if you want btw. is to stand at the edge where you make fox barely stumble over the edge. like he's about to fall. And time your grab to GRAB falco mid illusion much like I do with captain falcon. And Down throw him. Most of the time your throw spikes him to death.

@Drew: I'd teach you more Zelda but she's not a very deep character. Mostly just running away like a *****. and spacing. She's only got a few mix-ups and follow ups. I can teach you alot more about shiek.

@LS/Lizard/MrFTW/AWAL/ Good team friendlies. They were hilarious

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad I didn't drive all the way out to Tally to get screwed over.
You not driving out to Tally is what screwed us over D:<

Also I am very pissed

8 hour car rides, 16 for my parents. The best part of the whole Smashfest (not even worth calling a tourney) was the mini melee tourney and melee friendlies with Zone.

I doubt I'll ever come to a Tally tourney again, shoulda just went to gigs.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You not driving out to Tally is what screwed us over D:<

Also I am very pissed

8 hour car rides, 16 for my parents. The best part of the whole Smashfest (not even worth calling a tourney) was the mini melee tourney and melee friendlies with Zone.

I doubt I'll ever come to a Tally tourney again, shoulda just went to gigs.
thats alittle much. when not on the same day as gigs, tally tourneys are really fun and have decent attendnace. this was just a bad day for the guys.

although thats no excuse for drew to make plans before the tourney even happened to bail on the tourney. pretty low

KBM

Smash Ace
Quoted for this better F*cking happen

BTW: Totally won the melee tourney :D
bro, congrats and etc but Zone was sandbagging

me and LS, we'd get him to his last stock, both at 0%, then we'd get zero -> death'd.

:(

idk
but we gotta play more melee 8)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Well, I'm working on coupons for free ice cream from COldstone for us to Raffle off.

I'm already working w/ the District Manager of Gamestop to the Venue in tallahassee Mall and he is willing to put Gamestop on the flyer and promote etc.

Finally Best Buy can offer between 20-50 dollars of a gift card. So they working on seeing how much they can offer.

@Ruse - Funny thing is, if you all came people would have been willing to actually play in a tourney. The Tally players didn't wanna pay money to play each other, which we can do ANY day.

@Zone - I really wish that this didn't happen the way that it did. We had a HIGH expectation rate and it turned out horrible. I'm glad I had a chance to play w/ ya tho! WE coming to ur tourney!!!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I almost came to this tournament... but then I read that it was in an apartment. I live in Bainbridge, GA, only 45 min. away from Tally. But anyways, I have had rather uncomfortable experiences in apartment tourneys before! So I sat this one out. Hope you guys can do better next time - we scarcely get tourneys in my area.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
The ****ed part was i me and bummerz would have came, if bummers know what weekend it was and i could have brought 2 others. If i wasn't waiting on a certain smasher to get back with me to let me know if he was going or not. But everything happen for a reason i guess.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
This makes me sad:( you guys must bring it back, just make sure your next tourney isn't the same day as gigs and i'll be sure to convince gdx to drive..........convince=lots of $ lmao

shoshone

Smash Ace
I think the lesson here is to not have a tourney the same day as GIGS does or any other major tournaments within say, 4-5 hours of Tally.

Viva la Melee.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Zone and Taco, thanks for coming out.

Even though tourney was a flop, melee mini tourney was great and friendlies were intense.

Zone thanks for the melee, and taco, thanks for tolerating brawl for a bit. Hope you had fun with it!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, I'm working on coupons for free ice cream from COldstone for us to Raffle off.

I'm already working w/ the District Manager of Gamestop to the Venue in tallahassee Mall and he is willing to put Gamestop on the flyer and promote etc.

Finally Best Buy can offer between 20-50 dollars of a gift card. So they working on seeing how much they can offer.

@Ruse - Funny thing is, if you all came people would have been willing to actually play in a tourney. The Tally players didn't wanna pay money to play each other, which we can do ANY day.

@Zone - I really wish that this didn't happen the way that it did. We had a HIGH expectation rate and it turned out horrible. I'm glad I had a chance to play w/ ya tho! WE coming to ur tourney!!!
Nice stuff man. Just make sure the venue isn't an apartment and I'll be there.

SYLAR

Smash Rookie
You're kidding me! I missed the Smashin' of the Christ? Aaawww.... I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway, I had a total of three dollars when this thing happened. But yeah, I will have to be watching more closely, I gotta get in contact with Chris and this is the only way I can now (Phone got thirsty and took a dive)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I would like to thank to everyone who came out to the event on Saturday, especially to Zone and Taco and
I apologize for all the inconveniences that happened over the course of the weekend with you guys.
Melee was alot of fun and i defenitly learned alot from you guys, but i hope you'll be able to help me with my sheik in the future.
@Taco, we need to get some Blazblue up the next time i see ya. The game is too good. AN you need to enter Brawl man your LInk is too pro.
@Zone Zelda isn't as fun as I remember her, so i think im just gonna stick with Samus and sheik for the time being. If you could help me with those, I would really appreciate it man.

All that can be said is that The TOs (Myself DBS, AWAL and Lizard) are already planning the next event which will be much like the Tournament Back in April. True we did get shafted by gigs, but also the people that weren't attending Gigs weren't able to make it out either. While Gigs was a factor, it was not the nail in the coffin for this days event. So the date for the next tourney is already in the works and there will be thread very soon. So please keep an eye out for it and I'll see you all there!

KBM

Smash Ace
Yo, zone, I was fighting a level 3 bowser for like, 2 hours last night, and im on the BALL man, i got the whole dair l cancel waveshine u throw u air combo down and my short hops are comin out like candyyyyyy. idk man, as soon as i started wavedashing with x and R instead of y and L it just started working. got my wavedash out of shield, blah blah blah, point is

next time

we playin for REAL :)

shoshone

Smash Ace
I'm really hating the "Don't have a tourney the same day as gigs" advice, we had this day first and we had no other good day to do it.
Yea it's messed up but face it, GIGS is bigger, more prize payout , they know how to run the tournament quickly and have experience, and located in the heart of Florida smash scene. You just can't compete with them unless you have a star OOS player come or have some crazy insane prize.

Zone

Smash Champion
Zone and Taco, thanks for coming out.

Even though tourney was a flop, melee mini tourney was great and friendlies were intense.

Zone thanks for the melee, and taco, thanks for tolerating brawl for a bit. Hope you had fun with it!
NP, and thank you for the Melee. Thanks also to people who entered the Mini-melee tournament. Although I had to eliminate myself which is kinda gay. Cuz I should technically get 2 chances at losing like everyone else did >.>; which in turn me and Klarvic rematched with my 2nd char I knocked out myself. And I won. Then we played a best of 5 and I won that. But yes technically he beat me. I did suicide @ start @ 0% though lol.

@Zone Zelda isn't as fun as I remember her, so i think im just gonna stick with Samus and sheik for the time being. If you could help me with those, I would really appreciate it man.
lol I was wanting to teach you shiek more than Zelda. But you chose Zelda that match lol. So I was like well I guess I'll give Zelda advice.

Yo, zone, I was fighting a level 3 bowser for like, 2 hours last night, and im on the BALL man, i got the whole dair l cancel waveshine u throw u air combo down and my short hops are comin out like candyyyyyy. idk man, as soon as i started wavedashing with x and R instead of y and L it just started working. got my wavedash out of shield, blah blah blah, point is

next time

we playin for REAL :)
Next time let's play a few real 1v1 friendlies. and hopefully where no one wants downs. So I can REALLy show you some things instead of a few tiny things here and there.

Sorry for Sandbagging it's not intentional. I actually, believe it or not, cannot control it. My skills seem to only boost when Things are on the line. When I realized I was on the last stock and anything could happen. Even if someone were to ask me to not sandbag I could tell them I won't, but I will subconciously do it anyways. Taco is more consistent when it comes to ****** in friendlies. However when it comes to tourney matches I tend to place higher than him at 85% of tournies.

Also on the X+R note.
Just because everyone tells you, Y is best to learn with. I use X and I can still do everything they do. However I do use Y for multishines. I use X and L. I even shield and wavedash out of shield with the same button. I lighter shield than a full push in shield. Then when I hit jump I just push in the button more.
However you can learn upsmash out of shield do what's comfortable to you. If you can pull off that Up on joystick into A. Do it. I use index finger on X, and hit up on Cstick a split second after Jump with my thumb.

I've argued the X button before as well. Stating I short hop better with it. Because my thumb wants to leave the button faster because I need to be half way accross the controller right after I hit it. So it tends to make my short hops more consistent just because of that factor.

EDIT: Also I'm better to train with than Taco. Taco believes if he just ***** you as hard as he can you'll learn faster. I believe if I play light enough you can (Try out strategies). Otherwise IF I just **** you, only thing you'll learn is DI >.>

@AWAL: it's ok man. I'm Rich Bieztch.
oh btw.... Garlic CRABS!

Brawl/Melee Tourney in PC

Yea I'm working on it. I got a Venue @ a Church (Don't worry I'm not religious, and no one will be trying to convert you.) It has a projector which we can use for finals and semifinals for everyone to watch. It's got ALOT of room with alot of tables and chairs to boot. cheap venue fee only 2-3$ per person. And most of the members of this *Church* are providing alot of the T.V.'s

Interest? Probably sometime end of august or Mid september. Still need to confirma few things with them before I make a thread though.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
You're kidding me! I missed the Smashin' of the Christ? Aaawww.... I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway, I had a total of three dollars when this thing happened. But yeah, I will have to be watching more closely, I gotta get in contact with Chris and this is the only way I can now (Phone got thirsty and took a dive)
Dude hit us up!!!

My number is (954)618-9548 we play ALOT

It turns out in the end I couldn't go, all because it was in an apartment, and that's just not trustworthy enough.

I heard it sucked, anyway. :)
LMAO!!! Aye U stay in tally??? U hit me up 2!!! We had it in my house a while ago and we had like 40 people there THEN but it was pretty str8!!!

My number is (954)618-9548 we play ALOT

Yea it's messed up but face it, GIGS is bigger, more prize payout , they know how to run the tournament quickly and have experience, and located in the heart of Florida smash scene. You just can't compete with them unless you have a star OOS player come or have some crazy insane prize.
Tru, hence we not beating ourselves up for this it's just that we are working on it.

@ZONE - GARLIC CRABS LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Ruse - this doesn't mean that I'm pushing the blame on u guys. Hell if ANY1 Came outta town for brawl there would have been an actual tourney :-(

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
lol dang I read about this a couple of days before it happened and had plans to try and show up then totally forgot. Sucks because it's about 5 minutes away from me. Maybe next time...

KBM

Smash Ace
Hey Drew

you was supposed to **** people with some kinda Diddy Kong at this thing. I didn't even see the ******* all day. What happened

Top Bottom