• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panda's 2nd Tier List (10.14.08)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Link to original post: Panda's 2nd Tier List (10.14.08)

I took a look at the tier list I posted nearly two months ago, and I felt that alot has changed since then, so I figured that I might as well make a new one. I only spent 10 minutes on this (I've been strapped for time recently) so there still may be some rough parts here and there... but its still a pretty good list for now.

And remember, the list does NOT reflect character potential. It reflects how I believe the character is currently performing in the metagame.

Metaknight

Mr. Game & Watch
King DeDeDe
Snake

Wario
Falco
Marth
R.O.B.
Lucario
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Luigi
Toon Link
Wolf
Zamus
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Ness
Shiek
Ike
Sonic
Lucas
Mario

Yoshi
Link
Samus
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Too bad. I only had 10 minutes to spend on making a new tier list. Think I have the time to talk about Sonic?

Here's a hint: The answer isn't yes.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I find it interesting that you now believe Link is a slightly useful character. What changed your mind?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Consistency of Link tournament players. And lack of consistency of tournament players who use the characters below him ('cept Yoshi and Samus).

Check the millions of complaints on the last one...
Those had no bearing on any changes made here. Mostly because I don't remember the complaints. I read them 2 months ago :D

CR4SH

Smash Lord
oops. edited for lack of observation. My bad.

Edit: also, whats with the lack of an edit tag when you catch your lameness so soon?

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
Hm, I'm surprised to see Luigi so high. And Olimar for that matter, though I can understand where that comes from more than the former. There's always the chance I'm missing something. Still, overall it seems very reasonable, and of course there's no one right answer.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I find it entertaining that only one character from Smash 64 made it into the High Tier. And a lot of Newbies seem to be rushing into the top spots. My guess is that many smashers chose new characters to main because the best Smashers in Melee would keep their old characters and, quite frankly, the tier lists seem based on initial reactions and lingering popularity.

Just my opinion... wrong, probably, but that's just the way it seems...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Wow, I kinda agree with this :')
Cept Link is a few places too high, and Yoshi is a few places too low.

Anyway, I find this list in a lot better taste than the last one.
GG

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Meh, I'm not too fussed about it really. It's not like it's official or anything.
Even if it was, I still wouldn't care, it's just one guys feelings.

I'd like to know what Panda thinks of Sonic too (other than him hating him, lol). At least his placement was an inprovement on last time, 4th bottom is a joke rofl.

make a thread
no u

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol.

a few people from the sbr have ask about / we had a discussion about sonic, they don't know anything.
i wasn't even appriviating anything.

no idea about the foot-stool combo
no comprehension of ASC Combo's full potntial
never thought of spring canceled aerial combos
does not understand the tools that sonic has

i don't care about his tier list position, but just that the entire sbr is ignorant on the topic

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
lol.

a few people from the sbr have ask about / we had a discussion about sonic, they don't know anything.

i don't care about his tier list position, but just that the entire sbr is ignorant on the topic
Well SBR doesn't really have any :sonic: mains...

Did you apply?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I don't think G&W is second in the tier list, in fact I still consider him to be very low top tier at best.
People just hit a wall when they see G&W players, I think even harder then if a MK main came and played the match instead. There are a handful of us G&W mains that feel the same way. He certainly is good but people are just ignorant to the ways of getting around him.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
i'm straight?
So you didn't apply for SBR then...
I don't think G&W is second in the tier list, in fact I still consider him to be very low top tier at best.
People just hit a wall when they see G&W players, I think even harder then if a MK main came and played the match instead. There are a handful of us G&W mains that feel the same way. He certainly is good but people are just ignorant to the ways of getting around him.
Oh really? Mind sharing some of those "ways of getting around him" that the rest of SWF seems to have missed entirely..?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
lol looks like Snake's goin down. What makes you think that SP? I thought he was pretty undisputed for that second slot.

I'm pretty surprised at G&W at 2nd. I'd put D3 there before I'd put him, but whatever. Good list overall.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I didn't like Link's position at the top of the bottom tier, so I moved him down one. I think the only reason he's higher than Samus is that he actually has attacks that KO.

What happened to Pokemon?!?!?
Nothing. For months now. Which is why he's gone down. Nobody is advancing his metagame, nor placing very well with him, so PT is just stagnating. I've been thinking about picking him up, but he's just one of the many characters on my list of who I'm thinking of using.

lol looks like Snake's goin down. What makes you think that SP? I thought he was pretty undisputed for that second slot.

I'm pretty surprised at G&W at 2nd. I'd put D3 there before I'd put him, but whatever. Good list overall.
I've never thought Snake is that great. Maybe its because I use him so much, but I see his weaknesses so well now that I can beat him with tons of characters.

But the real reason is simply matchups. G&W has gotten a bit better over time (which I didn't expect) and he really doesn't have many bad, or even, matchups. Snake is countered by D3, ROB, Falco, and Pikachu. And there are quite a few characters that go almost even with him, too.

The entire SBR? You've talked to all of us? I think you'd be surprised at how much we know.

Amide

Smash Lord
I remember in your first one you said G&W was gonna go down:laugh:. I wholeheartedly agree with changing Snake from second best, even though I main him. I was pretty surprised by putting peach so high, but I guess results do show that.

Nice color change Panda =D

Tenki

Smash Hero
roy, lets get the sonic board in here

make a thread
lol
You know all you have to do is sneak in some steak and we'll namesearch it and be there.

kind of.

lol.

LOL!

Isn't Kel SBR? I don't know, he has a colored name and I'm colorblind lol, iono, maybe he's a TO.

Geist

Smash Master
This is pretty agreeable.
I like how metaknight basically has his own tier lol

That being said, I'm surprised Ganon is second, and ROB is as low as he is. Oh well.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Nothing. For months now. Which is why he's gone down. Nobody is advancing his metagame, nor placing very well with him, so PT is just stagnating. I've been thinking about picking him up, but he's just one of the many characters on my list of who I'm thinking of using.
HOBO 11

1: M2K (meta)
2: Azen (lucario/meta)
3: Lee (meta)
4: DMG (wario
5: DSF (snake/meta)
5: Roy_R (marth)
7: Edrees (peach)
7: Hylian (GW/meta?)
9: Chuck (meta/pkmn)
9: Ky (pit)
9: Dojo (meta)
9: Magik (meta/pkmn)

???

and advancing his metagame is basically just getting to the point where a few players are equally awesome at all three. this hasn't happened yet, although individually there are a few players that are exceptional at one of the pokemon.

maybe if we could switch PLAYERS whenever pt switches POKEMON...

:bee:

no really though, slightly above ganondorf and captain falcon... :laugh:

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
You know all you have to do is sneak in some steak and we'll namesearch it and be there.

kind of.

LOL!

Isn't Kel SBR? I don't know, he has a colored name and I'm colorblind lol, iono, maybe he's a TO.
only like 4 people could really explain what needs to be explained

infernovia

Smash Ace
Ok, I don't really care about PT being so low, but why is he less than jiggs? I don't see a lot of jiggs in the tournament placing list.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Link to original post: Panda's 2nd Tier List (10.14.08)

I took a look at the tier list I posted nearly two months ago, and I felt that alot has changed since then, so I figured that I might as well make a new one. I only spent 10 minutes on this (I've been strapped for time recently) so there still may be some rough parts here and there... but its still a pretty good list for now.

And remember, the list does NOT reflect character potential. It reflects how I believe the character is currently performing in the metagame.

Metaknight

Mr. Game & Watch Wow, 2 people are above Snake now? Brawl is stupid, 2 easiest characters to pick up just happen to be 1&2
King DeDeDe
Snake

Wario Really? Above Falco, ROB, and Marth?
Falco
Marth
R.O.B.
Lucario
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Kirby
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Peach
Pit