• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palmdale/Lancaster/Quartz Hill smasher looking for some competition

cheesye

Smash Rookie
looks like its been a while since u got someone from this area, thought id ad my name

reside in east pdale near 7 eleven on 30th st east ave r. i main out yoshi, and second IC

aim: mcbsctwitchedda

ps: i could really use practice, so could my two ******* friends

SkiDragon

Smash Rookie
I recently moved into the area. I'm not the type of person who likes to organize things online, but if there are any public tournaments going on, like at a store or something, I would like to know about it.

Dub. G

Smash Rookie
Finally

finally there a Palmdale/Lancaster thready on here. I too and my bros/crew are from Palmdale, and its really hard finding other smashers out here. If anyone wants to play, let me know.
WG (Dub. G)

Emo

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am new here.
I just recently made this because my friends and I play smash,
however, we are looking for new competition.
We live in Lancaster.
If you would like to play or have any questions contact me.

Msn = guitaravist@hotmail.com
AIM = guitaravist

nublet06

Smash Lord
finally there a Palmdale/Lancaster thready on here. I too and my bros/crew are from Palmdale, and its really hard finding other smashers out here. If anyone wants to play, let me know.
WG (Dub. G)
hey dude. i got your message on myspace.

i tried to send you a message but i have to be your friend to do that. and then i tried to add you as a friend but i dont know your last name or anything.

talk to me on aim. my screen name is nublet06

Dub. G

Smash Rookie
Successful Smash Get-together

ATTENTION EVERYONE...

Today, I was able to get some people from the SMASH BOARDS(emo , cheesye, camaman, aphro, paul, and others) together and have a Smash Bash or whatever you want to call it. It was really successful and there was a lot of good competition coming from Lancaster/Palmdale. I'm glad they have a thread like this so people can talk to other smashers and play against each other.

so if anyone else wants to smash, let me know. we'll have another one sometime after new years. Location and Time TBD.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yet you wanted to be higher on the power rankings ;)

asob4

Smash Champion
i'm a little late but i'm down to play with anyone, i live in east palmdale unfortunately but me and my friend will go anywhere to smash
you guys know about bases cards and comics? they have smash tournaments nearly every sunday sometimes it's other things just contact me and i'll find out if it's smash or not

SkiDragon

Smash Rookie
So, where exactly is this "Bases Cards & Comic"? I tried to find it on Google Maps, but when I drove around for it, I didn't see it.

asob4

Smash Champion
oh sorry
it's located on Ave K-10 i believe.
The next smash tourney will be held on the 27th and it starts at one. it only costs $5 and there's a cash prize. their phone number is 942-1396. ask for directions if you need them.
please some people show up, it's been dwindling due to brawl. since the brawl push back there might be a few more smash tourney's.

SkiDragon

Smash Rookie
Can somebody give me some crossroads or something? I don't think K-10 is a real road. You can right click on Google Maps and it will give you the exact coordinates. Can anybody do that for me?

asob4

Smash Champion
it's in a business area, it's between l and K
ok going towards sierra on Ave M, make a right on to 4th street and head all the way down until after Ave L. Pay attention to the streets. it's either K-8 or K-10 i'm not sure. it has no traffic light if that helps. after you turn on to K-8/10 go until you reach the red and white buildings. it's in that first area of the red buildings.
the best way is to call them and ask because i'm not sure of the exact directions i apologize.

asob4

Smash Champion
ok yay advertising at it's finest. we need some more people there. next is on January 27th and it starts at 1:00 $5 entrance fee
yay lol

nublet06

Smash Lord
cool i just got my work schedule and im off sat and sunday so ill be there for sure.

from pictures i have seen it looks like items are off, and maybe its FD only?

i just want to support these and hopefully help to make them better so that when brawl comes out we can have a weekly tournament scene or something. because it would really be sweet to have something so close every weekend.

SkiDragon

Smash Rookie
I finally found the place, but it is not where I would expect actual businesses to be. It looked more like a warehouse.

asob4

Smash Champion
hey yeah thanks a lot. it has all legal stages on not just FD and yes no items 4 stock and 7/8 minutes. about a month after brawl comes out there should be biweekly tourney's. appreciate the support.
and yes it looks like a warehouse lol. they'll be moving sometime this year to a place on AVE. M by the freeway entrance i believe.

nublet06

Smash Lord
sounds cool. im all about developing quality bi weeklies in the AV.

let me know if you guys want help running these because i have some pretty good connections to bring good players out to these as long as they fit my standards with number of tv's and available space and stuff like that. i would hate to bring people out here for bad tournaments.

but with the warehouse comment it sounds like things might be good on the space thing. im ooking forward to checking these out.

asob4

Smash Champion
oh wow yeah thanks a lot. recently there's been a lack of TV's and whatnot mostly because there haven't been that many people but i'll see if we can get some more and it would be awesome if you could bring some more people. there's plenty of room, they've had upwards of 50 people in the back at once and there's plenty of chairs.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Hey you guys I'm from the 818 but I might go to lancaster to visit a family I know up there.

Their location is Almond Valley Way Lancaster Ca 93536-1283.
Is that close to were you guys are? Might play around your area in the future you know.

nublet06

Smash Lord
just do everything like normal this time.

like i said i want to give these a test drive first to see what they are capable of.

as of who im bringing im not really sure.

possible people

Emerican (maybe his little brother or something too)
Creepy Fingers
Jizzanator
BoA (doubt it)
Teba (doubt it)
Lee Puff (doubt it)

but yeah. if things go well i want to start promoting these and get big name people to come. especially when brawl starts. but like i said im not going to do that until i scope things out.

Singles
doubles
prize money
tournament bracket system
rule set
tv's
vcr's
food
space

all of these things are very important to the smash community. and until i get to speak 1 on 1 and in person with people who run these things i dont want to invite anyone because a lot of the socal smashers are at least an hour away.

asob4

Smash Champion
but yeah. if things go well i want to start promoting these and get big name people to come. especially when brawl starts. but like i said im not going to do that until i scope things out.

Singles
doubles
prize money
tournament bracket system
rule set
tv's
vcr's
food
space

all of these things are very important to the smash community. and until i get to speak 1 on 1 and in person with people who run these things i dont want to invite anyone because a lot of the socal smashers are at least an hour away.
i don't run them i just like to volunteer and promote ^^
hmmm we don't do doubles because there isn't enough people or time to do it. there's plenty of food and space so don't worry. standard rules and it's 5 rounds with top 8 and the computer handles brackets and everything. there should be 2 or 3 tv's this week but no vcr's. feel free to bring your own lol. the prize money is completely dependent on how many entrants there are. thanks a lot for helping this little place out. can't wait til sunday for you guys to kick our ***** lol jk.
hopefully some of the better people come this week so you don't get bored pwning us noobs lol

@ menacingmike
yes! you heard correct! every other sunday!! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYYYY!!! bases cards and comics!!! smash tourney's!!!! at one ONE ONE!!!!!! hahahaha

SkiDragon

Smash Rookie
So, is it actually at 1:00 pm or should I get there earlier? I remember seeing two times on the door.
I'll see if I can make it. If a bunch of really good players are coming from all over the place, it doesn't really help my chances at all.

nublet06

Smash Lord
cool all i need to do is give them info on neal's tournament making program.

and make sure the payout isnt ********. (70/20/10) is the norm.

but once i talk to them ill start making threads for them and we could get more talent to come out to these.

i think we could get up to 80 people maybe. we just have to make sure we can get the tv's to support that many people.

asob4

Smash Champion
cool all i need to do is give them info on neal's tournament making program.

and make sure the payout isnt ********. (70/20/10) is the norm.

but once i talk to them ill start making threads for them and we could get more talent to come out to these.

i think we could get up to 80 people maybe. we just have to make sure we can get the tv's to support that many people.

wow yeah, like i said before the prize depends on how many people. well we should have 2 or 3 tv's this week since it should only be about 20 some odd people if everyone can make it.

oh and try to get there at 12:30 ish for sign ups and we should be setting up and having some friendlies before 1.

asob4

Smash Champion
bases

thanks to rofl and emerican for showing up at bases, with your help it'll be big again :D hope to see you guys and a few more next time
sorry for the lack of skill at the tourney but hope you still had fun

sacrificetheory

Smash Rookie
Does anyone want to play Smash 64 for "fun"?

My friend and I like to play, but that gets boring with only 2 people. No competitive tourney(not yet), just a casual game of Smash 64 so we get to know the AV smashers... anyone?

We live in East Palmdale. We can get Melee or Brawl, but I suck at those.

Top Bottom