• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAE Presents: Tampa Brawl Bash 1

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Ok, so lamugi and the rest of tampa are interested in getting some biweeklies going on in Tampa.

This is work in progress right now, but I'm pretty sure its going to happen.

We have a venue found, all we need now are tourney dates. There is one day that seem good so far. August 9th. I'll update the thread when a date is selected and the tournament organizer figures everything out.

Prizes:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Registration 11 am - ?. DOORS OPEN AT 11, so please don't bother coming earlier. Registration will end at a reasonable time after most people in the building have registered around 12-12:30, as always. Please make sure to come at a reasonable time if you want to register for doubles. Doubles will be first followed by a food break followed by singles.

Rules

-> General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners'/losers' finals best of 5, finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

-> Stages

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks available:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

-> Other

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

-> Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion

-> Stages

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:

Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Oh ****...Pictochat...I'm so down for this

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
There are two days that seem good. August 23rd or August 30th. I'll update the thread when a date is selected.
I am hoping for the 23rd, as I start the new semester that following Monday. This way, I won't have any homework to worry about. The 30th is ok too, but whatever happens happens.

Oh ****...Pictochat...I'm so down for this
I think I'm the only one who knows the severity of this statement. That is going to be Monk's only counter-pick.

But seriously, I should be able to come.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
since I'm leaving Tampa now, my chances of being here are severely dropped. We'll see how much my old crew wants to travel though. I plan to mostly do OOS tourneys.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
omg this is gonna be bigger than FAST!!!!!!!!! hype hype hype hype hype!!!
the last tampa tourney i went to had alittle more people than the pools of fast (tourney had 14 people for singles, FAST had 10 people pools)

i hope you guys find a way to have tampa stop being so lazy when it comes to tourneys and tourney attendance.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hey its fun to pretend ok? lol and wow that attendance is weak. we're expecting over 9,000 this time around. ur comin right gdx?
well, if you only gonna have like 14-15 people again then whats the point?

But, ill see. I have a feeling august gigs is gonna **** all over either this date or ruuku's. After they set august gigs date ill know

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Why does everything have to be tourney based? Why can't you all just try to get together like we used to back in the day?

I refuse to waste money just to play Brawl with people I don't know.

I'd LOVE to play against new people however.

We should worry about getting the Tampa area more familiar with each other. That way when there are eventual tournaments we will know who is going and want to play against them anyways.

But whatever, the young blood is all about the money anyway. No one cares about feelings anymore. lol

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
Why does everything have to be tourney based? Why can't you all just try to get together like we used to back in the day?

I refuse to waste money just to play Brawl with people I don't know.

I'd LOVE to play against new people however.

We should worry about getting the Tampa area more familiar with each other. That way when there are eventual tournaments we will know who is going and want to play against them anyways.

But whatever, the young blood is all about the money anyway. No one cares about feelings anymore. lol
imo tourneys are funner if u dont want to be in the tourney then u dont have to pay for it u can just pay the venue fee and play friendlies the whole time
HYPE!!!!!!

Frames

DI
i hope you guys find a way to have tampa stop being so lazy when it comes to tourneys and tourney attendance.

well, if you only gonna have like 14-15 people again then whats the point?

No offense GDX, but it's this mentality that i hate when it comes to tournaments, and it's part of the reason FAST's overall attendance was slightly lower than expected. If people just assume a tournament will be small and don't show, then it WILL be small. I'm not saying you have to go to this, I'm just saying it's stupid to say "what's the point", when in reality, if everyone who said they wouldn't go to a small tournament because it's small actually went, that tournament would be HUGE.

I can't go to this btw, gl mooney >.>

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
No offense GDX, but it's this mentality that i hate when it comes to tournaments, and it's part of the reason FAST's overall attendance was slightly lower than expected. If people just assume a tournament will be small and don't show, then it WILL be small. I'm not saying you have to go to this, I'm just saying it's stupid to say "what's the point", when in reality, if everyone who said they wouldn't go to a small tournament because it's small actually went, that tournament would be HUGE.

I can't go to this btw, gl mooney >.>
This tourney will be a good regardless of what people say.

Top Bottom