• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAE Presents: Tampa Brawl Bash 1

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
*sugh* I'm planning on coming to this on the 9th,... so... I am hoping this doesn't fall through the Earth... 'cause I don't want to end up not doing anything on a Saturday again...

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
so far the 9th is THEE perfect date for EVERYONE so everyone hang on until the 8th for the tourney to be confirmed on the 9th. lamugi said he would post the address shortly...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
If this doesn't happen, (which it better) I think we should find a spot for a smashfest... so we could smash it up on a day that we were going to do it anyways...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I would hold it here,... but... my father would frown on that... he doesn't like it when I have more than four people over.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
tampa has really disappointed me as a region if this doesnt go down. Such bad planning. What happened to the days where people madea tourney thread with a date and venue and just advertised the crap out of it and hoped for the best?

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
When I left Tampa for college, a void took my place. About 3 dozen Tampanian smashers that I played with committed suicide by strangulation with their controllers and copious amounts of fire. Even the great Ric Rohins couldn't stand the empty space beside him and moved to the opposite corner of the US (not sad enough to move to Alaska cuz of ****** women and vampires (eternal dusk)).
It's still reconstructing with tiny factions here and there who still believe that someday the guy can return and continue the **** campaign where he left it...

...your door?

What happened was LAN centers closed, and people are too nice so there's no rivalry to get better. Start the trash talking.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
hey, I tried to make a scene in Tampa.

but I wasn't too sad to leave it either.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
good thing we got dirty rice or WFL would be a homo smash area....LOLFUL owns..and to cash and lamugi pls when u make plans for a smash torney or a smash fest pls make sure its a 100% thing and not a 50/50...u got alot of peoples hopes up and if this dont work when u do throw another 1 that is 100% goin to happen no1 is gonna show up cuz of what happened last time....

JUST DONT CRUSH MY HOPES!!!!

I HAVE FAITH IN LAMUGI AND MOONEY:)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
good thing we got dirty rice or WFL would be a homo smash area....LOLFUL owns..and to cash and lamugi pls when u make plans for a smash torney or a smash fest pls make sure its a 100% thing and not a 50/50...u got alot of peoples hopes up and if this dont work when u do throw another 1 that is 100% goin to happen no1 is gonna show up cuz of what happened last time....

JUST DONT CRUSH MY HOPES!!!!

I HAVE FAITH IN LAMUGI AND MOONEY:)
Its not my tourney its his lol. I'm not even going to be here for this.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
When I left Tampa for college, a void took my place. About 3 dozen Tampanian smashers that I played with committed suicide by strangulation with their controllers and copious amounts of fire. Even the great Ric Rohins couldn't stand the empty space beside him and moved to the opposite corner of the US (not sad enough to move to Alaska cuz of ****** women and vampires (eternal dusk)).
It's still reconstructing with tiny factions here and there who still believe that someday the guy can return and continue the **** campaign where he left it...

...your door?

What happened was LAN centers closed, and people are too nice gay so there's no rivalry to get better. Start the trash talking.
Mah dick, hard as a tree. Yo dick, needs febreeze.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
Its not my tourney its his lol. I'm not even going to be here for this.
than y post it for him...i think u do things so people can start a fight wit u...im not tryin to be a di<k to u but u no that there is not address and no date and u still posted it..u no for a fact that if this thing flops you will get some much heat from it..and yet all u can say is

"Its not my tourney its his lol."

come mooney your smarter than this...

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I posted it to advertise so people would be aware that there will be a tampa tourney coming up.

And I quote,

This is work in progress right now, but I'm pretty sure its going to happen.

We have a venue found, all we need now are tourney dates. There is one day that seem good so far. August 9th. I'll update the thread when a date is selected.
If this thing flops, its not my fault. I don't even ****ing live in tampa, so how can I even get a venue for this? Technically I could probably get a venue set up in beverly hills, but thats about an hour away from tampa and an hour and 30 minutes from Orlando.

Lamugi's current work schedule is ****ing ******** right now, so he shouldn't even be holding a tourney in the first place.

What he needs to do is post here with the info. I've already told Lamugi that the 9th wouldn't work out, considering that its going to be too last minute and that he hasn't even confirmed anything at all with w/e venue.

So, maybe I should put this on the front page as well but....

I WILL NO LONGER BE A PART OF THIS TOURNAMENT CONSIDERING I RESIGNED FROM COMPETITIVE SMASH FOR AWHILE. THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOW IN THE HANDS ON LAMUGI AND WHATEVER OTHER TAMPA PLAYERS DECIDE TO HELP.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so...its 3 days before the "tourney" and there isnt even a venue posted

the original hoster of the tourney didnt even make the own thread

a date that hasnt even been confirmed yet, although many people asked for it

I think this entire ordeal marks the death of the tampa tournament scene. Lobo doesnt hold tourneys anymore because only 12 people went to the last one, 5 of which werent even from tampa. Kamano's attendance for his 1st tourney was 14, and that was with the 5 people in my car. The only tourney that has success seems to be lolful, but you cant expect dirty rice alone to carry the entire load for tampa. We may not have that many tourneys in Orlando, but at least we are all willing to travel to a tourney. Tampa doesnt even want to go anywhere

The next tampa tourney i go to will be lolful, if he holds it again. If lamugi/mooney decide to host this thing a different day, im not gonna come until its been held once or twice, just so its established and that they can get used to doing it right.

If any of you in Tampa are serious about getting better at smash, i highly suggest you get a car, gather up a bunch of people that can regularly chip in gas money, and drive to tourneys with a full car. That, or move somewhere else like manko did (albiet unwillingly)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
The next tampa tourney i go to will be lolful, if he holds it again. If lamugi/mooney decide to host this thing a different day, im not gonna come until its been held once or twice, just so its established and that they can get used to doing it right.

If any of you in Tampa are serious about getting better at smash, i highly suggest you get a car, gather up a bunch of people that can regularly chip in gas money, and drive to tourneys with a full car. That, or move somewhere else like manko did (albiet unwillingly)
Don't use my name here. Infact, read the post above yours. The only reason I was even going to come to this and do anything with it was to help him out and show him how tournaments are run. The reason why I posted this thread is to advertise it and let people take notice so last minute johns were not a problem. At the time, Lamugi had told me he found a venue and was going to talk to the person there about reserving a date. Lamugi did not do this and has ceased to post in this thread about anything concerning the venue or date for some time now. Lamugi said over aim previously he didn't need my help and now hes not getting it.

So please, anybody, and everybody, leave me out of your posts. I refuse to make myself look like any more of a idiot than I already have.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
so...its 3 days before the "tourney" and there isnt even a venue posted

the original hoster of the tourney didnt even make the own thread

a date that hasnt even been confirmed yet, although many people asked for it

I think this entire ordeal marks the death of the tampa tournament scene. Lobo doesnt hold tourneys anymore because only 12 people went to the last one, 5 of which werent even from tampa. Kamano's attendance for his 1st tourney was 14, and that was with the 5 people in my car. The only tourney that has success seems to be lolful, but you cant expect dirty rice alone to carry the entire load for tampa. We may not have that many tourneys in Orlando, but at least we are all willing to travel to a tourney. Tampa doesnt even want to go anywhere

thank you ...GDX ur the man

i got a car and i am willin to drive anywhere in FL...the only thing is the people in tampa aint 4 real bout this..the eaither they cant go or they dont wanna go...like the torney in MIAMI ill wit polmex but only 2 people cant do the whole gas thing alone..thats y when gigs comes around imma be there alot..i no me and my girl are goin which leaves 3-4 seats open....and i no polmex will 100% go all the time but again gas prices are crazy...

mooney-im jus sayin u should let lamuigi post the thread not you...like i said now u gonna get all the heat for this...and yea only 3 days till the weekend so what is he gonna do???if he dont no by tomar..he might as well call it off insted of having people kill there plans for this..but if this do flop imma see whats good wit a fest or something along them lines..let me get wit polmex bout that....

also AFRO THUNDAH has the best dance moves ever

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
thank you ...GDX ur the man

i got a car and i am willin to drive anywhere in FL...the only thing is the people in tampa aint 4 real bout this..the eaither they cant go or they dont wanna go...like the torney in MIAMI ill wit polmex but only 2 people cant do the whole gas thing alone..thats y when gigs comes around imma be there alot..i no me and my girl are goin which leaves 3-4 seats open....and i no polmex will 100% go all the time but again gas prices are crazy...

mooney-im jus sayin u should let lamuigi post the thread not you...like i said now u gonna get all the heat for this...and yea only 3 days till the weekend so what is he gonna do???if he dont no by tomar..he might as well call it off insted of having people kill there plans for this..but if this do flop imma see whats good wit a fest or something along them lines..let me get wit polmex bout that....

also AFRO THUNDAH has the best dance moves ever

Cash Mooney69 (11:10:20 AM): its 3 days until the 9th
ipissblackasians (11:10:25 AM): i have to go to school
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:30 AM): then you know
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:34 AM): maybe holding a tourney
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:36 AM): is not the best idea
ipissblackasians (11:10:37 AM): dude wtf did u ever say the 9th
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:46 AM): I hope your being sarcastic
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:46 AM): no
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:49 AM): I didn't
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:51 AM): but you did
ipissblackasians (11:10:56 AM): no
Cash Mooney69 (11:11:05 AM): You posted in the thread that the 9th was a good date
Cash Mooney69 (11:11:25 AM): I tried convincing you otherwise, but you posted something along the lines of "ehhh" or "idk"
ipissblackasians (11:11:30 AM): well idk the girl still hasnt got back to me

if you are wondering about this tourney, thats his s/n.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:20 AM): its 3 days until the 9th
ipissblackasians (11:10:25 AM): i have to go to school
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:30 AM): then you know
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:34 AM): maybe holding a tourney
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:36 AM): is not the best idea
ipissblackasians (11:10:37 AM): dude wtf did u ever say the 9th
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:46 AM): I hope your being sarcastic
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:46 AM): no
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:49 AM): I didn't
Cash Mooney69 (11:10:51 AM): but you did
ipissblackasians (11:10:56 AM): no
Cash Mooney69 (11:11:05 AM): You posted in the thread that the 9th was a good date
Cash Mooney69 (11:11:25 AM): I tried convincing you otherwise, but you posted something along the lines of "ehhh" or "idk"
ipissblackasians (11:11:30 AM): well idk the girl still hasnt got back to me

if you are wondering about this tourney, thats his s/n.

wow my balls are broken...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I would go to tournamnets in Orlando, I just don't have the free time. Also, if one runs late, I'd have to leave early seeing as I work on Sundays. Another factor is I don't always have the money to travel. I am 100% willing to go, I just can't.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
Do you understand why even I am upset now?
i no y u mad jus sayin..u seen all the things that could have mad this a bad situation 4 youtself..

lime-i understand your reason..and to be 4 real wit u the only time ill stay late in a torney is if one of the people that that got a ride wit me is still in the tonry..besides that i like to be home no later than 11:30-12...but yea every 1 is tight wit money latly due to GAS!!! but yea imma say up little by little...

fun fact. polmex has the best CD ever made...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I am going to try to get off work for the next Gigs, you willing to drive if I give you 10 for gas and others come too?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Nah, I hate the beach. Plus I still have some lawn work. Have PolMex give me a call when you're done. Maybe we can get together somewhere and maybe have lunch or something.

Then later, we can see if we can either go back to my place or Felipe's for some smash.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
lime-ok sounds like a plan.....

mooney-i love melee more than by far..but u need to open urs eyes nobody is playin it any more..and when people do play it its only for like a hr. then they switch in brawl...so yea..its what ever to me.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
the connotations of this phrase irk me.
theres the playstation 3 making playstation 2 obsolete, but these are two different games.
Think of it this way: If everybody says they hate Brawl and don't take the time to work at it, the Meta-game won't progress as it should.

I'm not saying everyone has to do this, just give Brawl some more time. I'm sure you heard this before, but it took a while to find out all the things that made Melee what it is today. Just give Brawl it's chance to shine.

Top Bottom