• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pac west league of legends: we hate this game

D

Deleted member

anybody else play dota for n00bs?

There seems to be a topic already in light house

but its filled with ghey smash board mods and not really interested in playing with douches

add me, i suck but im trying to learn

IGN: BouNcingChest

D

Deleted member

yah

although i might learn teemo or some support char

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i always thought you had to buy lol

brb downloading

L__

Smash Master
oh hey connor's name isn't ...

I didn't even bother trying to memorize it sorry

D

Deleted member

not really

there's two types of currency, one u buy with real money and one u buy with in game earned currency

each week people are granted 10 random free heroes that may or may not be free next week, although you can buy a hero you like with points u earn, some worth more than others

it's also sorta a dotammo since you 'level up' yourself, you'll see. dum part imo

L__

Smash Master
real money is used to buy skins/champions/rune pages

just for the little ones that didn't know

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
my ign is vysé

i was doing the battle training and i guess i was getting disconnected, but when it reconnected, it looked like the game kept going on instead of pausing like in dota

does this happen in normal games too?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
join room pac west

i just need to learn the new ui

L__

Smash Master
I heard that League of Legends doesn't have denying, is that true?

It’s true, even though League of Legends is based on DotA we’ve intentionally decided to remove denying from the game. We know this is a huge change for some people, but we have some really good reasons for removing it!

-It enlarges the early game imbalance between ranged and melee Champions, and we think it is more fun for all Champions to be at least somewhat competitive at all phases of the game.
-It leads to passive play, and slows down the game. We feel that high-activity; high-action faster games are more fun. By not having denying, there’s a stronger incentive to push. Additionally, it prevents strong lane control which is ultimately about passive play. Team fights more than anything else are what make this genre fun, and faster games mean more team fights.
-It is weird. Killing your own guys?

source: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/dota_and_lol

D

Deleted member

the summoner spells are also kinda dumb imo

pathing is also sometimes deceptive and makes you die

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i think runes and summoner spells are a good addition

grinding arbitrary levels, points for runes, and points for champions are terrible additions
not being able to play any champ is god awful design (but effective marketing)

its just that ghost/flash is too good. i hope flash boots fix the problem instead of make it worse (lol flash ghost cleanse.) i STILL dont understand why they didnt just make it 'you cant flash until 2-3 seconds of not getting hit.'

D

Deleted member

yah

i personally use ghost + cleanse at the same time at the first sign of danger and hightail it out before i get *****

L__

Smash Master
I don't like how you have to pay IP for getting more rune pages

and flash is too good

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
flash is ********

i would MUCH prefer a game where you get ***** for the slightest mistake

add: junja
was ranked ~1550 5v5 before my mobo died

Miharu

Smash Hero
I heard that League of Legends doesn't have denying, is that true?

It’s true, even though League of Legends is based on DotA we’ve intentionally decided to remove denying from the game. We know this is a huge change for some people, but we have some really good reasons for removing it!

-It enlarges the early game imbalance between ranged and melee Champions, and we think it is more fun for all Champions to be at least somewhat competitive at all phases of the game.
-It leads to passive play, and slows down the game. We feel that high-activity; high-action faster games are more fun. By not having denying, there’s a stronger incentive to push. Additionally, it prevents strong lane control which is ultimately about passive play. Team fights more than anything else are what make this genre fun, and faster games mean more team fights.
-It is weird. Killing your own guys?

source: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/dota_and_lol
this is wrong for the most part (aka all of the reasoning is based on a flawed understanding of the game)

lol is a decent game for casual players though

Miharu

Smash Hero
although i do imagine that people have grown tired of my elitism with regards to dota and its spinoffs

Naota21t

Smash Champion
naw, i hate how theres no denying, but i just recently started playing (like 2 days ago cuz everyone i know is playing and im bored cuz i don't have a job)

NO DENYING IS DUMBBBBBB. it's a fun game though. i can't force myself to play more than 2 games at a time cuz i have no ****ing characters yet and get bored of just going a stupid agi carry and padding my stats with pubs.

D

Deleted member

let us team up to destroy the n00bs

add ur igns

--

with regards to the game

i don't mind it being a lesser form of dota

still fun, teaches enuf dota basics and prbably gunna just switch to dota2 for steam when it comes out

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I play. IGN: Fresh for Life
(most of the good names were taken :/ )

And yeah denying would make the game way more fun. If it did cause any imbalance between heroes then you should obviously balance the heroes around that gameplay mechanic

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
so, dota 2

how much of dota 1's intellectual property is owned by blizz
i mean like

character designs and names, spell names, spell icons

is proudmoore still gonna be called that? because hes a decently important character in warcraft
im glad characters are getting graphical overhauls, but i wonder how much of it is forced

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
hmm good question

dont really care about the graphics, what I really wanna know is how the gameplay is gonna change. They can streamline and improve things here and there, but it seems to me that you can only do so much to improve that kind of game

Miharu

Smash Hero
knowing icefrog he'll probably try to keep it as close to dota gameplay/mechanics wise while bringing it up to par in terms of things like disconnects/custom keys/ui and so on

Top Bottom