• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
10/10! This moveset is just too awesome and I really like the drawings that went with it. I can definitely tell you worked hard on this. Great job, man!
Fantastic moveset, Cyber. Pac-Man's personality really shines through there. I'm so glad that the Pac-Man community here is so creative and enthusiastic.
Thank you, guys ^^... I hope this helps to awaken the creativity and enthusiasm of other people here in the thread; just like JamesDNaux, and make their own movesets! And also I hope this helps a little to stop all this discussion about the potential of Pac-Man as a playable and fit in Smash, or about his charisma; XD.

------------------
Oh, btw....

Pac-Man Collection was just listed as a release for the Wii U's Virtual Console, probably coming in April together with all the other GBA games.
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-ball-pac-man-collection-rated-by-the-oflc/

I'm not even mad about cancelation of Pac-Man Museum anymore, this collection is awesome. X3

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Thank you, guys ^^... I hope this helps to awaken the creativity and enthusiasm of other people here in the thread; just like JamesDNaux, and make their own movesets! And also I hope this helps a little to stop all this discussion about the potential of Pac-Man as a playable and fit in Smash, or about his charisma; XD.

------------------
Oh, btw....

Pac-Man Collection was just listed as a release for the Wii U's Virtual Console, probably coming in April together with all the other GBA games.
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-ball-pac-man-collection-rated-by-the-oflc/

I'm not even mad about cancelation of Pac-Man Museum anymore, this collection is awesome. X3
Oh hecks yes! Pac-Man Collection was a great game. In fact, I think I still have it. Pac-Man Arrangement was incredible, one of my favorite Pac games of all time. Much better than the PSP Pac-Man Arrangement anyway (which still isn't bad, but just not as good).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh hecks yes! Pac-Man Collection was a great game. In fact, I think I still have it. Pac-Man Arrangement was incredible, one of my favorite Pac games of all time. Much better than the PSP Pac-Man Arrangement anyway (which still isn't bad, but just not as good).
Hey, Bauske, you told me that, if there's a Pac-Man game, you've played it. Does that include the PSP version of Pac-Man World Rally?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Pac-Man reveal confirmed for April's Nintendo Direct!!!

Okay, maybe not. I'm personally expecting/hoping Takamaru, but Pac would be nice too. What do you guys think the chances are for Pac to get revealed outside E3?
Not that much. It only seems the most logical that Pac-Man would be revealed at E3.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pac-Man reveal confirmed for April's Nintendo Direct!!!

Okay, maybe not. I'm personally expecting/hoping Takamaru, but Pac would be nice too. What do you guys think the chances are for Pac to get revealed outside E3?
<5%

I don't think a relatively important third party newcomer would be revealed during anything but E3. I'd gladly be proven wrong, though.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Hey, Bauske, you told me that, if there's a Pac-Man game, you've played it. Does that include the PSP version of Pac-Man World Rally?
Yup. I didn't own a PSP, but my roommate did, and so I bought Pac-Man World Rally on the PSP just so I could play it. But I honestly didn't play it much there because I had already beaten and done everything on the PS2 version, and my roommate sold his PSP shortly afterward.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yup. I didn't own a PSP, but my roommate did, and so I bought Pac-Man World Rally on the PSP just so I could play it. But I honestly didn't play it much there because I had already beaten and done everything on the PS2 version, and my roommate sold his PSP shortly afterward.
Were you aware that there are PSP-exclusive characters that don't appear in the console version? Did you ever unlock any of them?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think the chances of Pac-Man (or any third-party character, for that matter) being revealed outside of E3 are slim to none. In fact, I think if he doesn't show up at E3, he won't be in the game at all.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't go as far as @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles as we all remember how Sonic was put into the game ostensibly at last minute, but I do imagine that Pac's chances largely rest with E3. Although considering the nature of Nintendo Directs and their relative novelty in all we know about character reveals in Smash Bros, I don't think anything is concrete.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Were you aware that there are PSP-exclusive characters that don't appear in the console version? Did you ever unlock any of them?
Yeah, I knew. It was Mappy and Mr. Driller, I believe. I didn't get to unlocking them because, like I said, I didn't really play it much. Ah well. The actual console version was fantastic though. I wished the computer drivers would have been a bit more challenging, mainly because none of my friends were interested in playing the game, so once I beat everything there wasn't much to do.

On a sort of related note, I got to play the new Mario Kart Arcade GP at Dave & Busters. It's... okay. Pac-Man is cute and awesome, as always, but the game itself is really lacking. There doesn't seem to be any stage hazards that really mess with the game, and power sliding seems completely unnecessary, not to mention the tracks are all pretty boring. I was hoping for more.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, I knew. It was Mappy and Mr. Driller, I believe. I didn't get to unlocking them because, like I said, I didn't really play it much. Ah well. The actual console version was fantastic though. I wished the computer drivers would have been a bit more challenging, mainly because none of my friends were interested in playing the game, so once I beat everything there wasn't much to do.
Darn. I don't even know what they looked like in game, and I was hoping you knew.

On a sort of related note, I got to play the new Mario Kart Arcade GP at Dave & Busters. It's... okay. Pac-Man is cute and awesome, as always, but the game itself is really lacking. There doesn't seem to be any stage hazards that really mess with the game, and power sliding seems completely unnecessary, not to mention the tracks are all pretty boring. I was hoping for more.
Is that the new one or...?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I suppose I should expand my thought. I think that there will be one third-party shown at E3, but I expect at least two other third-parties to show up in the final release. Whether or not Snake is one of those third-parties, I can't predict. But I think that Pac-Man's chances will go down a lot if he doesn't show up at E3 (and another third-party that's not Snake shows up instead), because then he's in much more competition with Snake, since I personally just feel like we'll get 3 or 4 guest characters. No more and no less.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm expecting for Pac-Man's reveal at E3 as everyone is doing.. but, if not at E3, I would still wait without lack of hope... I don't think that Snake will come back, and even if so, Pac-Man's chances wouldn't be hurt... at this point, actually, I think he's the only 3rd party character that makes sense, or even has a chance (a big chance, actually).

Oh, we have a pretty unique situation with our character... you know, he can't be "deconfirmed", .. as a stage hazard, or even a Assist Trophy... the only way that would end with Pac's chance would be a official statement of Sakurai saying "I won't put any NAMCO character", or "I won't put Pac-Man in Smash" (I doubt he'd say something like these) ... or... the release of the game without any round Yellow Glutton. :T... this specific case it's good for us,... I guess.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Is that the new one or...?
Yeah, the newest one out. Technically Mario Kart Arcade GP 3 in Japan.

I'm expecting for Pac-Man's reveal at E3 as everyone is doing.. but, if not at E3, I would still wait without lack of hope... I don't think that Snake will come back, and even if so, Pac-Man's chances wouldn't be hurt... at this point, actually, I think he's the only 3rd party character that makes sense, or even has a chance (a big chance, actually).

Oh, we have a pretty unique situation with our character... you know, he can't be "deconfirmed", .. as a stage hazard, or even a Assist Trophy... the only way that would end with Pac's chance would be a official statement of Sakurai saying "I won't put any NAMCO character", or "I won't put Pac-Man in Smash" (I doubt he'd say something like these) ... or... the release of the game without any round Yellow Glutton. :T... this specific case it's good for us,... I guess.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have Pac revealed next month during the direct, but I think they'd hold off on revealing another third-party character until a big event. Sonic got revealed in a direct, but he wasn't really big news, since he was already in the previous Smash.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Actually played Pac-Man arrangement on my Japanese PSP, it was very replayable with the themed levels and bosses. Along with Dig Dug, Galaga, and Ridge Racer arrangements.
It's honestly not a bad game. I have it in Pac-Man Museum on Steam and it's still a lot of fun to play, but I think it pales slightly in comparison to the arcade Pac-Man Arrangement. Not by much, but I just like the power ups, stage hazards, and ghost merging better in the arcade version.

....dang it, now I wanna play it. BRB gonna be playing Pac-Man Museum. <3

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It's honestly not a bad game. I have it in Pac-Man Museum on Steam and it's still a lot of fun to play, but I think it pales slightly in comparison to the arcade Pac-Man Arrangement. Not by much, but I just like the power ups, stage hazards, and ghost merging better in the arcade version.
I heard about Pac-Man museum. How much was it? I might consider picking it up.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I heard about Pac-Man museum. How much was it? I might consider picking it up.
$20 and comes with Pac-Man, Pac-Mania, Pac & Pal, Super Pac-Man, Pac-Attack, Pac-Land, Pac-Man Arrangement (PSP version), Pac-Man Championship Edition, Pac-Man Battle Royale, and if you get it before March 31st you can get Ms. Pac-Man as a free download.

D

Deleted member

I was going to say the same. I can't imagine Sakurai going out of his way to deconfirm Pac-Man directly, it will come with the release of the game or by some assist trophy or stage hazard. We may be in for the long haul.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
$20 and comes with Pac-Man, Pac-Mania, Pac & Pal, Super Pac-Man, Pac-Attack, Pac-Land, Pac-Man Arrangement (PSP version), Pac-Man Championship Edition, Pac-Man Battle Royale, and if you get it before March 31st you can get Ms. Pac-Man as a free download.
I...

Darn. There goes $20.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I was going to say the same. I can't imagine Sakurai going out of his way to deconfirm Pac-Man directly, it will come with the release of the game or by some assist trophy or stage hazard. We may be in for the long haul.
by assist trophy or stage hazard (?, how?) can't be... after all, if Pac isn't in the game, why we would have something related to him in the game content? ... the only true way of deconfirmation, is the wait until the game be released and in our hands and seeing that Pac-Man isn't in the game. :\/

D

Deleted member

by assist trophy or stage hazard (?, how?) can't be... after all, if Pac isn't in the game, why we would have something related to him in the game content? ... the only true way of deconfirmation, is the wait until the game be released and in our hands and seeing that Pac-Man isn't in the game. :\/
You are correct, yeah. That really narrows it down to release in or out.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's impossible to deconfirm Pac-Man, he's a character or bust. But even an official statement that Pac-Man is not in the game is very unlikely, as it would disappoint tons of fans, I can't see that happening.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
someone knows the exactly month of release of the original Pac-Man for the NES? I can't find..... at least, we could use this date as a reserve to expect something (I mean, if the E3 prediction fail,... in the worst scenario =P)

EDIT: oh... I already found.. it's November, ... coincidentally for both JP (84) and EUA releases (93)... INTERESTING. >:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pac-Man was released for the NES? I thought it was only in arcades.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, of course it was. :O... was a best seller, THE most faithful version of the Arcade was the NES one! and even was one of the "Classic NES Series" later on GBA. '-'.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
someone knows the exactly month of release of the original Pac-Man for the NES? I can't find..... at least, we could use this date as a reserve to expect something (I mean, if the E3 prediction fail,... in the worst scenario =P)
Here are the release dates of the original Pac-Man for Nintendo systems in North America and Japan (Compiled by myself):

Famicon Disk System, Japan: May 18, 1990
NES, North America: November 1993
NES, Japan: November 2, 1984
Game Boy, North America: April 1991
Game Boy, Japan: November 16, 1990
Game Boy Color, North America: August 1999
Game Boy Advance, North America: June 2, 2004
Game Boy Advance, Japan: April 14, 2004
Virtual Console (Wii), North America : May 14, 2007
Virtual Console (Wii), Japan: April 17, 2007
Virtual Console (3DS), North America: September 1, 2011
Virtual Console (3DS), Japan: July 7, 2011
Virtual Console (Wii U), North America: May 2, 2013
Virtual Console (Wii U), Japan: May 15, 2013

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Here are the release dates of the original Pac-Man for Nintendo systems in North America and Japan (Compiled by myself):

Famicon Disk System, Japan: May 18, 1990
NES, North America: November 1993
NES, Japan: November 2, 1984
Game Boy, North America: April 1991
Game Boy, Japan: November 16, 1990
Game Boy Color, North America: August 1999
Game Boy Advance, North America: June 2, 2004
Game Boy Advance, Japan: April 14, 2004
Virtual Console (Wii), North America : May 14, 2007
Virtual Console (Wii), Japan: April 17, 2007
Virtual Console (3DS), North America: September 1, 2011
Virtual Console (3DS), Japan: July 7, 2011
Virtual Console (Wii U), North America: May 2, 2013
Virtual Console (Wii U), Japan: May 15, 2013
the Famicom Disk System version passed unnoticed for me. =P.. great compilation; we should stay with watchful eyes in November, at least. (If Smash4 be released on December, ...which what I'm expecting more or less).

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thank god you never went through the horror of Atari Pac-Man.
nah, the Atari 2600 version isn't good, I admit.. but it's nostalgic a lot for me!... and I'm not even that old, I'm only 20; (21 this year). =P... and, you know, this version seems to have some special consideration by NAMCO's part; (and this make me very happy);

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Because it was such a hit in the arcades, Pac-Man became the go-to title for console adaptations on every platform available, with as many imitators as official releases. It was one of the first third-party releases on the NES, and was popular enough to assist in getting Nintendo's foot in the door. While it wasn't a perfect version of the arcade game by any means, from my knowledge of the subject, it was probably among the better console adaptations available at that time, no doubt infinitely better than the infamously atrocious Atari version.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Darn. I don't even know what they looked like in game, and I was hoping you knew.
I actually got the PSP version of Pacman World Rally a few years ago cause I wanted to race on Subterranean Speedway and play as the extra characters. I'd show you how they look but my PSP can't read my games anymore... I'm pretty sure you can find gameplay of Mappy and Mr. Driller on youtube though.

You know, what's disappointing to me about the PSP version is that you only get to race against five AIs instead of seven like the console versions. Also, the fact that there's no Nightmare Mode is a shame because playing PWR on this difficulty level is where the game truly shines. But still.. playing as Mappy and Mr. Driller made me not think about the PSP versions shortcomings much.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I actually got the PSP version of Pacman World Rally a few years ago cause I wanted to race on Subterranean Speedway and play as the extra characters. I'd show you how they look but my PSP can't read my games anymore... I'm pretty sure you can find gameplay of Mappy and Mr. Driller on youtube though.

You know, what's disappointing to me about the PSP version is that you only get to race against five AIs instead of seven like the console versions. Also, the fact that there's no Nightmare Mode is a shame because playing PWR on this difficulty level is where the game truly shines. But still.. playing as Mappy and Mr. Driller made me not think about the PSP versions shortcomings much.
What does Mappy look like? I absolutely adore Mappy. I was disappointed to find out that he was in the PSP version and not the Gamecube or PC versions. I'm glad they at least had Pooka, though. He and Pac-Jr. were my main characters.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I just really -really- hope that if Sakurai decides to go through with the Pacster (which is looking more and more likely at this point), that he decides not to incorporate the ghosts into any of his attacks. They should stay AT-material.

He's smart enough to avoid doing this, but Namco is really pushing the whole "Pac-Man has ghost buddies!" thing with the cartoon and whatnot. Considering they have way more involvement here than would be the norm...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, it definitely came out on the NES. There is a reason Pac-Man was part of the Classic NES Series on the GBA... and I also have the NES game in my Wii Virtual Console library.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I just really -really- hope that if Sakurai decides to go through with the Pacster (which is looking more and more likely at this point), that he decides not to incorporate the ghosts into any of his attacks. They should stay AT-material.

He's smart enough to avoid doing this, but Namco is really pushing the whole "Pac-Man has ghost buddies!" thing with the cartoon and whatnot. Considering they have way more involvement here than would be the norm...
I agree! .. like my moveset, I avoided to use any other things besides Pac's own abilities... if Pacster gets in, I'm sure that The Ghost Gang will appear in Smash somehow.. and I'll be very happy if they appear as an AT, .. floating randomly through the stage, hurting people. .. Actually, the new context of the Ghost Gang begin Pac's allies, will work as his series AT, rather than role of enemies. =)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Agreed. I like the ghost buds in the show, but I don't want him to utilize them in battle. It should be Pac and Pac alone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom