• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Huh. Wouldja look at that.
Fair ->Fastfall -> Key is a legitimate kill confirm at high percentages.
Interesting

Same with apple for opponents who are more vulnerable off the top

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
On a side rant in one of my last tourneies I got doubled eliminated by counter pick Rosalina, I really hope this dair Luma strategy works out for me.
Look @ my matches vs. Frozen in the video thread. I played the timeout strategy pretty well in that one. I'll get my matches vs. Dabuz up soon. He chose to camp me when he had the lead, which changes things a bit.

Pocket Rosalina should be pulling her hair out vs. Pac-Main. Seriously, all it takes is one heal off of GP and they flounder.

Last edited:

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
What do you guys think about :4pacman:and:4pit: on a team. I found it work pretty well pit supports pac and pac supports pit.

Your guys thoughts?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Look @ my matches vs. Frozen in the video thread. I played the timeout strategy pretty well in that one. I'll get my matches vs. Dabuz up soon. He chose to camp me when he had the lead, which changes things a bit.

Pocket Rosalina should be pulling her hair out vs. Pac-Main. Seriously, all it takes is one heal off of GP and they flounder.
You're good enough to give Dabuz a hard time? :crazy:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Dair is an alright move, considering it's one of Pac's worst. Compared to most of his other moves, anyway. Shorthop Dair is alright, and it's an okay move for punishing ledge get-ups.

All in all it ain't that awful, but you shouldn't be relying on it. I'll use it to destroy Luma, though. My hatred for Space Elsa is one that drives me far away from the Pac MU against her.

Pac-Man has some pretty good MUs, now when I think of it. The only negative or evens I can think of are Shulk, Sheik, maybe Fox and Sonic.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
You're good enough to give Dabuz a hard time? :crazy:
We played a set and it went 3-2 in his favor, so yeah, I guess. I always take wifi with a grain of salt though.
What do you guys think about :4pacman:and:4pit: on a team. I found it work pretty well pit supports pac and pac supports pit.

Your guys thoughts?
My exp with Pac-Man in teams is limited. I'm going to try to make him work in a tournament this weekend with :4sonic: as a partner, but I'll keep :4mario: and :4falcon: on stand-by. I don't know how you guys do it. It's probably my style specifically, but I find Pac-Man hard to play in teams.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
We played a set and it went 3-2 in his favor, so yeah, I guess. I always take wifi with a grain of salt though.

My exp with Pac-Man in teams is limited. I'm going to try to make him work in a tournament this weekend with :4sonic: as a partner, but I'll keep :4mario: and :4falcon: on stand-by. I don't know how you guys do it. It's probably my style specifically, but I find Pac-Man hard to play in teams.
I like pac in teams, he can be a good support and he can rush in when needed. And I play pit as a secondary and my friend/teammate is learning pac so we can switch it up on people when we want to. I don't know it could be just me 8V

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We have some VERY good yet not popular players in this thread lol
Nice to know. Well don't lump me in that group. Any self-esteem I had about myself in tihs game was decimated in yesterday. I didn't expect to do particularly well with customs off and a tournament this stacked but after my strong performance over the weekend I expected better than this. I was double eliminated by sheik, I thought the default Hydrant would be pretty good in this matchup but clearly my for glory matches have deluded me into thinking I have an idea what I'm doing without customs.

If I may vent, my first loss was against Avalon, I know he is quite a bit stronger than I am and the match up sucks so I went with Lucina first game. I kept up with him at first, trading stocks evenly and then he adapted or took it seriously and I was barely able to touch him. Went Pacman game 2 and it was very close, had I been a little bit more careful I may have easily taken it.

Second loss was agaisnt Shippou who is supposedly closer to my level. I played much worse, tech skill was a mess and seems like I was on auto-pilot, trying to replicate what did work agaisnt Avalon here which was a mistake. Shippou wasn't falling for any of my hydrant counter areal traps and he wasn't as patient either. Clearly adapting to my opponent is someting I need a lot of work on, it's not the first time I've done auto-pilot at tournament and I need to fix that.

Well I did learn a lot from this tournament. Took a break before my match wth Shippo and it seems I do play better when i'm doing rapid matches. Well gotta build myself back up now I guess.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
Nice to know. Well don't lump me in that group. Any self-esteem I had about myself in tihs game was decimated in yesterday. I didn't expect to do particularly well with customs off and a tournament this stacked but after my strong performance over the weekend I expected better than this. I was double eliminated by sheik, I thought the default Hydrant would be pretty good in this matchup but clearly my for glory matches have deluded me into thinking I have an idea what I'm doing without customs.

If I may vent, my first loss was against Avalon, I know he is quite a bit stronger than I am and the match up sucks so I went with Lucina first game. I kept up with him at first, trading stocks evenly and then he adapted or took it seriously and I was barely able to touch him. Went Pacman game 2 and it was very close, had I been a little bit more careful I may have easily taken it.

Second loss was agaisnt Shippou who is supposedly closer to my level. I played much worse, tech skill was a mess and seems like I was on auto-pilot, trying to replicate what did work agaisnt Avalon here which was a mistake. Shippou wasn't falling for any of my hydrant counter areal traps and he wasn't as patient either. Clearly adapting to my opponent is someting I need a lot of work on, it's not the first time I've done auto-pilot at tournament and I need to fix that.

Well I did learn a lot from this tournament. Took a break before my match wth Shippo and it seems I do play better when i'm doing rapid matches. Well gotta build myself back up now I guess.
I haven't gotten the chance to join a "big" sm4sh tourney and I'm probably not the best pac out there but I can say sheik does give me alot of problems so don't beat you self up so bad. So practice hard and work on the pac/sheik MU and I wish you luck in later tourneys

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I haven't gotten the chance to join a "big" sm4sh tourney and I'm probably not the best pac out there but I can say sheik does give me alot of problems so don't beat you self up so bad. So practice hard and work on the pac/sheik MU and I wish you luck in later tourneys
It's weird I practiced Lucina(not enough) specfically for that matchup. It didn't work out against Avalon but I cannot imagine my Pacman doing any worse agaisnt Shippou so I'm left even confused :glare:

On the bright side it has been closed (stolen perhaps on my part) but my Pacman has never lost a set to Sheik with Customs on :b:

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
It's weird I practiced Lucina(not enough) specfically for that matchup. It didn't work out against Avalon but I cannot imagine my Pacman doing any worse agaisnt Shippou so I'm left even confused :glare:

On the bright side it has been closed (stolen perhaps on my part) but my Pacman has never lost a set to Sheik with Customs on :b:
I can't say much for my Pac with customs ( I don't play customs all that offing) and even when I do I tend to stick with default Pac. But I know most of Pac's customs help him alot in his MUs 8V.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I can't say much for my Pac with customs ( I don't play customs all that offing) and even when I do I tend to stick with default Pac. But I know most of Pac's customs help him alot in his MUs 8V.

I have refined my game so much around my On-Fire and Dire Hydrant that I just don't know what to do without them.

My issue with the default Hydrant is that I feel that to use it optimally you must invest way too much psychic energy in it. Between fruit gushing/catching, water dashing/jumping and interrupting your opponent's movemnt with it, it all becomes too complicated, especially since I want to be investing my mental energy into using my fruit optimally and just have the hydrant do the work for itself.

Last edited:

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
I have refined my game so much around my On-Fire and Dire Hydrant that I just don't know what to do without them.

My issue with the default Hydrant is that I feel that to used it optimally you must invent way too much psychic energy in it. Between fruit gushing/catching, water dashing/jumping and interrupting your opponent's movemnt with i, it all becomes too much to keep too complicated, especially since I want to be investing my mental energy into my Fruit and just have the hydrant do the work for itself.
Yeah I can see where you come from, but all that you said is why I like the default hydrant. It requires so much concentration to use it and I think it help my overall game because it works my brain harder. Its probably just me but oh well use what works for you is what I say 8V.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Froggy, don't take it too much to heart. We all have off days, maybe even off weeks. Last time I went to an Ontario Smash weekly I played like ASS. I was upset with my play.

So you know what I did?

I took a break. I didn 't play Smash for a bit. And when I got back? I was doing better than before.

Basically, take a break and see if it helps. Playing is great practice but if you need to take a break do so. Auto pilot is ****ty, but happens to all of us.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, as for Pac in teams he's great, you just gotta get him in the flow of your teammate trust me, me and my partner won 3 online tourneys with a pac man oriented team but none offline being we cant find any to go to :/ .

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Froggy, don't take it too much to heart. We all have off days, maybe even off weeks. Last time I went to an Ontario Smash weekly I played like ***. I was upset with my play.

So you know what I did?

I took a break. I didn 't play Smash for a bit. And when I got back? I was doing better than before.

Basically, take a break and see if it helps. Playing is great practice but if you need to take a break do so. Auto pilot is ****ty, but happens to all of us.
Well before taking a break what I'd think might be good is if I go to the same weeeklies. I was traveling aound North Jersey and NY to get as much different experience as possible, but yesterday I was so nervours that my hand was shaking during friendlies. I'd be a lot more relaxed if I went to the same places every week, and for now I know that is definately something I need.

BSP

Smash Legend
@ BSP BSP you played me in 2v2s before bro lol, Im Ziyah16 on the ladder.
I know. I don't know how you do it.

Do you have videos of yourself? I'd rather not have to switch characters for teams if I don't have to.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Well before taking a break what I'd think might be good is if I go to the same weeeklies. I was traveling aound North Jersey and NY to get as much different experience as possible, but yesterday I was so nervours that my hand was shaking during friendlies. I'd be a lot more relaxed if I went to the same places every week, and for now I know that is definately something I need.
Don't stress too much about it. Put too much on yourself and you'll desperately be trying to improve, and send yourself into autipilot and just be salty. It's not fun, from a personal experience. A break never hurts, just to get some breathing time and then you can get back to the lab.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
Yeah make sure to take breaks man, like right now I'm taking a break from Melee and switching to sm4sh and I find dm4sh to be more fun and I think I will stick to it.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
Yeah make sure to take breaks man, like right now I'm taking a break from Melee and switching to sm4sh and I find sm4sh to be more fun and I think I will stick to it.
I forgot to add, make sure when you do take breaks make sure you don't forget things 8V.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
@ BSP BSP I have too many lol I can share them to you. Also guys how do yall deal with having a hard time killing ?

BSP

Smash Legend
@ BSP BSP I have too many lol I can share them to you. Also guys how do yall deal with having a hard time killing ?
NNID: BSP12345

As of late, most of my KOs are ledge traps with jab launched hydrant + trampoline, hitting people mid jump and in general with key, bell shenanigans into side B, and hard reads with Usmash.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Gimps (Especially Orange and Nair gimps), Key shenanigans, Z dropped Apple into opponents that air dodge, and Fsmash reads on opponents that try to rush in when my back is turned.

Hydrant is always a great killing tool

Last edited:

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
My experience in teams wasn't too hot. I feel like he cannot handle proper aggression, or at least my playstyle of pac thrives in a more controlled environment. My partner was a wii fit, who isn't really an aggressor either, so I was left to be on the frontline which did not work out well.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
My experience in teams wasn't too hot. I feel like he cannot handle proper aggression, or at least my playstyle of pac thrives in a more controlled environment. My partner was a wii fit, who isn't really an aggressor either, so I was left to be on the frontline which did not work out well.
That's why I feel :4pit: is a good partner for :4pacman:. They both can support each other and they both have good rush in ability.

Top Bottom