• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't think that's anything new, but it is good to know. However, it is extremely difficult to land the raw galaxian necessary to do that. Not only is it easily outprioritized as Pacman9 said, the spacing for it is tight.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And it's % dependent.

Still, it's something I should take the time to perfect.

Speaking of taking the time to perfect stuff... I'm finally back in the States and therefore finally have access to a GC controller friendly training room! HUZZAH!

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an

Me too, Abadango.

Me too.

I WANT THIS GAME SO GODDAMN BAD

EDIT:

That Abadango combo looks...funky, to say the least. I don't think it's TOO useful since it seems to be tricky to time it (Abadango dropped it a few times) but it's a good conversion. @ Nu~ Nu~ has a point, it's our deadliest kill combo, but it isn't a HOO HAH because it's not as reliable. Galaxian gets horribly outclassed by a lot of other moves, and it's probably the easiest one to just grab out of the air. I don't see it being used too much, but it's definitely an option. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but try to perfect it so you can manage to get it down. It's horribly % dependent, too. Like yeah it looks rad as **** to pull off and it's DEADLY, but I really don't see too many situations to set this up, since you could just get a Bell / Key and do a bit more. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

IT'S CALLED GALAXIAN NOT GALBOSS

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Everything pacman has is situational ; you have to learn it all and use it whenever the situation it's useful in does arise.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Everything pacman has is situational ; you have to learn it all and use it whenever the situation it's useful in does arise.
All of his tools are just smaller pieces of the bigger picture.
And what that picture is depends on the creativity of the individual.

Pac-Man is Starbrand/Green Lantern hybrid confirmed.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
My Pac-Man amiibo preorder shipped, and I'm trying to get Lucina and Robin from amazon. Any amiibo that you guys are trying for?
I managed to get my Pac-Man today, alongside my Ness. Nabbed a Inkling Boy and a Silver Mario while I was there since they had extras and I was trading stuff in.

They had like, 5 other Pac-Mans and I was really holding back the urge to buy them all.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I managed to get my Pac-Man today, alongside my Ness. Nabbed a Inkling Boy and a Silver Mario while I was there since they had extras and I was trading stuff in.

They had like, 5 other Pac-Mans and I was really holding back the urge to buy them all.
I totally want to get customizations of Pac's family when I get the money.

But my wallet. ;_;

Slidin

Smash Rookie
Got my Pac figure today.
Absolutely perfect! Although it is my first (and probably last) amiibo.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Got my Pac figure today.
Absolutely perfect! Although it is my first (and probably last) amiibo.
Can't argue with you there. I think I'm done for amiibos now, after I get the last two Splatoon ones anyway.

Pac-Man and Ness were all I wanted. I'll get Lucas and (maybe) Doc and I'll be content.

Time to train that Pac-amiibo!

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
I went to my first tournament yesterday and got rekt.

First game I used Sheik vs a Fox on Battlefield, I SD'd at like 10%, lost.
Second game I used Didd on Halberd, I SD'd at like 10% again, lost.
I usually play more (too?) conservatively, don't go for gimps enough, and I almost never SD, if ever. Eh.

In losers, I used Sheik both times, against a Falcon, on FD and Smashville, lost. I did a lot of friendlies against that guy before the tournament and I believe I should've won the set. Ehhhhh, whatever.

But!
I managed to get two Pac-men, so I got that going for me :3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm at Dismantle and made it out of pools. Here's to hoping I do well in bbrackets tomorrow!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
What characters did you fight?
Beat a greninja, bowser Jr, choked and lost to a Falcon, beat the greninja again in losers, then lost to lefty's godlike DHD for 4th seed.

In teams we got 17th/56. Pretty satisfied since it was our first time teaming in tournament. Red trampoline on the ledge is so easy to pull off in 2v2, we got it like 4 times.
Shame we forgot halberd was a stage XD

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Im going to a tourney next sunday, any tips? It will be streamed!
Keep your cool. Don't worry about being on stream, just play to the best of your abilities. Don't get too scared and try to remember that you're just playing with people like you.

TAKE A ****ING SHOWER HOLY ****. Nobody wants to be "that guy" that smells like complete ****. Bring deodorant if you have to. PLEASE PLEASE SHOWER.

Play to the best of your abilities. What character is your opponent playing? What can you, as Pac-Man, do against them? Should you bring out a counter-pick character? What stage should you go to? Always keep these things in mind.

NEVER ****ING NEVER GO TO LYLAT WHAT AN AWFUL STAGE FOR PAC-MAN
DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE THIS STAGE IS LITERALLY ANTI-PAC-MAN

And have fun! Go nuts and good luck.

Last edited:

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
Alright lol, hmmm id take a rosalina to lylat, thanks for the tips guys, I'll be there to represent pac- man, theres barely any in NYC to my knowledge.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Alright lol, hmmm id take a rosalina to lylat, thanks for the tips guys, I'll be there to represent pac- man, theres barely any in NYC to my knowledge.
NY PAC REPRESENT! lol I wish I had money so i could go to more tournaments in the city, you got this!

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
Lol thanks dude, i been on the boards for a long time just havent had a account, i'll do my best!

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I dunno about taking Rosie to Lylat. If you think it'd work, then..go for it, I guess.

I cannot play on Lylat at ALL. Hard to throw fruits (easier to z-grab, so that's a plus I guess), hard to land hydrants on-stage, and trampolines go through the stage.

The stage literally ****s up ALL of Pac-Man's main tools. It's not awful, but I really can't stand Lylat.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I watch for the tilts and its good for up air chases, it messes up her recovery is a really good perk. I bounch the fruits and hydrant on the multiple platforms and the tilts, you can make apples move really fast throwing them on a down slant!

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hey, what do you guys use Dtilt for? I really love the move, but I feel that it may be outclassed by ftilt since they both send the opponent at a similar trajectory, yet ftilt is faster.

The fact that dtilt can send the opponent behind you does seem interesting however.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I use it to stop approaches sometimes and also to read rolls, i also use it for shield pressure, i can do like 3-4 chomps forcing opponent oos

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
dtilt is probably my least used move as pac other than dair. it is however one of his few moves that has a lower hitbox, even lower than down smash. interestingly whenever i use it and miss i tend to crossup my opponent, maybe this could be helpful for us?

Last edited:

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Hey, what do you guys use Dtilt for? I really love the move, but I feel that it may be outclassed by ftilt since they both send the opponent at a similar trajectory, yet ftilt is faster.

The fact that dtilt can send the opponent behind you does seem interesting however.
Yeah, generally it's moreso better if you're using D-Tilt for trajectory-based purposes rather than punishing now, although I am not sure if there is anything major that can used as a follow up after Down-Tilt. Both Forward and Down Tilt are also able to do ledge punishes against most of the cast (just remember to angle F-Tilt down for maximum coverage!), so that's another note.
Maybe D-Tilt can now be used to pseudo-crawl, but what's the point in that if we can already crawl in the first place? Perhaps giving us a mobile hitbox? But Dash Attack already does that...

I guess currently one of the only strengths D-Tilt has against F-Tilt is the fact it ends at 29 Frames instead of F-Tilts 31.

BSP

Smash Legend
I dunno about taking Rosie to Lylat. If you think it'd work, then..go for it, I guess.

I cannot play on Lylat at ALL. Hard to throw fruits (easier to z-grab, so that's a plus I guess), hard to land hydrants on-stage, and trampolines go through the stage.

The stage literally ****s up ALL of Pac-Man's main tools. It's not awful, but I really can't stand Lylat.
I hate lylat too, you're not alone. It's a preference thing.

When I'm pressuring shields, I tend to throw Dtilt in. Its range is nice.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I mean, it was false after all.
Ah well. At least you see where you can improve
That's for sure. The skill gap has never been more real. The MM I had with False the day before went pretty much the same way (Although I did get him to last stock one game in the MM, so I guess that was a bit better?).
Still, I'm glad both sets happened; even if it was hugely unflattering, it's one hell of a motivator. I need to level up and never let that happen again.

Also I lost to JTWild in loser's. His Mario is super good, but when he switched to Luigi game 3 I really should have taken it. I choked and played the MU wrong, along with a couple crucial drops that cost me the match. I probably should have asked him to wait and not played it immediately after playing False to give myself time to shake off the previous match, but oh well; no johns. JTWild is ridiculous anyway, so not too disappointed.

I hate lylat too, you're not alone. It's a preference thing.

Despite my prior love for the stage, I am starting to severely dislike Lylat ever since they patched it. I had my trampoline randomly disappear when recovering with it offstage again this weekend. I don't know what causes this but that is a HUGE bug that has now cost me two tournament matches.

Last edited:

Beets

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me, what exactly is this thread? This was clearly made before Pac-Man was announced as a character, but what purpose does it serve now?

Top Bottom