• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Killing reliably at 140% doesn't give me a good feeling. When there are characters that can kill at 100-110% reliably and we can't get a reliable kill until 140%, it makes me worried. Imagine being neck and neck last stock and we have to rack up more damage while the other person only needs to mindlessly throw out a smash (Luigi). We can make some AMAZING damage rackups, but remember, shield can stop most of them, and, bringing back the neck-and-neck scenario again, the opponent is going to shield to avoid all our attacks, especially when our grab is basically not an option.

You're focusing on one situation of a match, when we are in the lead. What happens when you aren't in the lead? They don't have to approach and we do. And what can they do to avoid most of your damage output? Sit in shield. It is very easy for characters against us to make it into the lead or neck-and-neck, especially when we dont get kills and just keep pelting damage. Pikachu is one character I get infuriated by, because he juggles us like crazy and gets through all our stuff with one of the stupidest moves in the game, Quick Attack. What happens when all those juggle combos and such rack up? We have to approach Pikachu, who can honestly just camp us out with Jolts and sit in shield, and Quick Attack. I have had numerous matches where I was a stock ahead in the lead, running away trying not to get hit. People have caught up to me because they were able to catch me for one string or punish I made, as well as not being able to kill (I also get upset at the rage mechanic for helping the opponent). Us being in the lead makes people become more aggressive, which is something PAC-MAN hates dealing against. If that aggression breaks our rhythm, they can easily get momentum and come back. Trust me, it's happened to me before against matchups I know we do well against. It's made me shake salt so much because I think it's at times stupid and unfair.
I focused on that because that is what I heard you talk about previously.
Why is everyone completely ruling out grab as an option? ZSS, link, toon link, and samus mains who all have more or less the same grab, still treat their grab as an option (especially ZSS).

If the opponent is going to sit in shield, we can still grab them in close quarters.
I know that you all know how to gather fruit for z dropping, why aren't people using it for grab confirms? Apple, Melon, Galaxian, cherry, and strawberry can be thrown and followed up by a grab due to shield stun (you have to be a bit closer with cherry and strawberry though)

Pikachu is annoying, but he's annoying for just about everyone. That matchup just requires patience. I bet you've fought UKL before. I counter camped him and won one match, and nair'd out of his quick attack every time he decided to spam it. .

His shield camping isn't what got me, it was his speed combined with the input lag that screws over pacman in general. It's hard to react to thunder jolt spam and lightning quick attacks in lag.

--------------------------------------------

I understand that many of you are upset about our kill problems, but honestly, how is complaining about it productive in the slightest? How is wallowing in your own negative emotions helpful at all?

I've said it before, I'm tired of the negative attitude of this thread. We must have the most pessimistic mains in smash 4 when it comes to our character. Hell, I bet that falco mains are more optimistic than us when it comes to talking about their characters flaws.

At least they look for creative ways to remedy them.

Instead of talking about what we CAN'T do, let's try and discover what we CAN do!

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Sure, it's a little later than most other characters start killing reliably BUT we also rack up damage faster than any other character in the game IMO.
You think so?

Falcon and Mario can usually get 30% (or more depending on the character) + advantage state from a grab at zero. Any stray hit or grab from Mario is liable to turn into another 30% combo, and you're most likely dead if you ever miss a tech next to him. Stray grab from Falcon is free Uairs for 13% each + advantage for him, or 50/50 situations in which you die if he guesses right. Luigi dthrow -> shenanigans racks up pretty quick and kills. Sonic's spin dash combos still do a lot of %

We've got things like DA -> Uair -> Nair for a quick 30%. Galaxian can be devastating, but it's difficult to do the best combos with it since it's so easily out-prioritized. Still, Galaxian -> Fair -> Galaxian -> Bair hurts. Fair -> Nair is a staple that's 15%. Hydrant drop -> Uair -> trampoline is something I'm a fan of and does 26%. Hydrant -> Bair is 21%. Utilt combos into Uairs.

Hmm, now that you mention it, Pac-Man's damage racking is pretty good. If the instant toss fruit combos become commonplace, I'd probably agree. Those take setup and you have to start right on top of them though.

I'd hesitate to say the best though.

As for the other tether grabbers @ Nu~ Nu~ , at the least they don't have dead zones in their grabs as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they have less ending lag too. Another to consider is that Toon Link has a notable KO throw, ZSS has KO confirms off of grab, and I'm pretty sure Link's and Samus' have more range.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You think so?

Falcon and Mario can usually get 30% (or more depending on the character) + advantage state from a grab at zero. Any stray hit or grab from Mario is liable to turn into another 30% combo, and you're most likely dead if you ever miss a tech next to him. Stray grab from Falcon is free Uairs for 13% each + advantage for him, or 50/50 situations in which you die if he guesses right. Luigi dthrow -> shenanigans racks up pretty quick and kills. Sonic's spin dash combos still do a lot of %

We've got things like DA -> Uair -> Nair for a quick 30%. Galaxian can be devastating, but it's difficult to do the best combos with it since it's so easily out-prioritized. Still, Galaxian -> Fair -> Galaxian -> Bair hurts. Fair -> Nair is a staple that's 15%. Hydrant drop -> Uair -> trampoline is something I'm a fan of and does 26%. Hydrant -> Bair is 21%. Utilt combos into Uairs.

Hmm, now that you mention it, Pac-Man's damage racking is pretty good. If the instant toss fruit combos become commonplace, I'd probably agree. Those take setup and you have to start right on top of them though.

As for the other tether grabbers @ Nu~ Nu~ , at the least they don't have dead zones in their grabs as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they have less ending lag too.
They aren't active nearly as long as ours either which is both a curse and a blessing

Jenny Wakeman

Smash Cadet
I focused on that because that is what I heard you talk about previously.
Why is everyone completely ruling out grab as an option? ZSS, link, toon link, and samus mains who all have more or less the same grab, still treat their grab as an option (especially ZSS).

If the opponent is going to sit in shield, we can still grab them in close quarters.
I know that you all know how to gather fruit for z dropping, why aren't people using it for grab confirms? Apple, Melon, Galaxian, cherry, and strawberry can be thrown and followed up by a grab due to shield stun (you have to be a bit closer with cherry and strawberry though)

Pikachu is annoying, but he's annoying for just about everyone. That matchup just requires patience. I bet you've fought UKL before. I counter camped him and won one match, and nair'd out of his quick attack every time he decided to spam it. .

His shield camping isn't what got me, it was his speed combined with the input lag that screws over pacman in general. It's hard to react to thunder jolt spam and lightning quick attacks in lag.

--------------------------------------------

I understand that many of you are upset about our kill problems, but honestly, how is complaining about it productive in the slightest? How is wallowing in your own negative emotions helpful at all?

I've said it before, I'm tired of the negative attitude of this thread. We must have the most pessimistic mains in smash 4 when it comes to our character. Hell, I bet that falco mains are more optimistic than us when it comes to talking about their characters flaws.

At least they look for creative ways to remedy them.

Instead of talking about what we CAN'T do, let's try and discover what we CAN do!
Do not compare our grab to tether grabs. It is not a tether grab. It is essentially Yoshi's grab with more lag. Tether grabs have a larger grabbox and sit longer than our grab. I will say with all my passion as a PAC-MAN main that Samus and ZSS have better grabs then ours. Also remember that grabs for them can lead to incredible strings, and have follow ups. What do we have? A combo out of down throw that depends on if the opponent techs or jumps out of down throw. Essentially, there isn't as much reward for attempting to grab compared to those other characters. Keep in mind I am talking about PAC-MAN with default moves, which is what I play with and have the most knowledge and experience with.

Z-Dropping is useful when the situation presents itself. Moreso, when I know I can get the fruit off of a shield or by picking it up without being punished. Having to z-drop a fruit, throw it at the person and predict them to shield just so I can try to get a grab off them doesn't sound like the best option to me, and honestly looking at it through the perspective of the opponent sounds pretty telegraphed. May I also remind everyone that the opponent can grab a z-dropped item with the Z button, airdodge, or attack as well. PAC-MAN's essential game doesn't revolve around getting grabs, however not having this option makes it bad for him just for an option to have on the spot, not something to setup only to get a down throw as a reward.

Pikachu is annoying for everyone, but is more annoying for others, including us. No, I haven't played a specific Pikachu, but I've played plenty of different ones. Nair isn't a safe counter to quick attack, Quick Attack sadly has more priority and to have the timing down for constant frame-perfect nairs against constant quick attacks sounds quite stressful. Playing patient is the optimal strategy, but the opponent doesn't always allow us to play patient, especially Pikachu, who is faster than us on ground and air, and constantly is on top of us the entire match (Or at least that's what a good Pikachu does). PAC-MAN can definitely hold his ground against Pikachu. Like with what I've said before, he can hold his ground, but winning the matchup is a struggle, plain and simple. It isn't being pessimistic, or negative, or dissing on PAC-MAN, it is just what the matchup is and how the game was designed. Analyzing and maining a character means we have to acknowledge when we have something in the disadvantage, and with a character like Pikachu, there is objectively obstacles that are very difficult for PAC-MAN. Mario and Luigi can kill us with a single down smash or up smash, but we have to make a setup for our kill against them. Is that being pessimistic, or looking at the game with giving respect to our opponent, and realizing that that's how things are in the game?

I will defend myself and say yes, I may be pessimistic in some areas and it may sound exaggerated based on everyone's experiences. But I will say, is that looking in this direction is necessary, and realizing that the flaws we have do hurt us. I myself have also stated I have defended PAC-MAN positively. I don't main PAC-MAN because I love finding things to complain about in a video game, I do it because it is necessary to discuss in a game where other characters simply have better options than us in the meta. Having the option to grab (without setups) is something that will always limit us in the meta unless it gets magically patched to either be really good and lagless, or we get a normal grab like everyone else. PAC-MAN isn't by any means bad, but there's things I personally wish he could have, so it would be more fun of an experience as to someone who solely enjoys playing this character. I could make an entire post of what I think PAC-MAN would need to be more viable, but that might be taken as a pessimistic and negative comment about PAC-MAN, so I guess I won't. This is a place for people to express opinions and thoughts on PAC-MAN, and I for one respect every comment, whether it be positive, negative or neutral.

BSP

Smash Legend
I could make an entire post of what I think PAC-MAN would need to be more viable, but that might be taken as a pessimistic and negative comment about PAC-MAN, so I guess I won't.
Normal grab, that's it. Top 5 for sure.

....and remove trampoline ever sticking around to compensate. He'd be a bit too good with both.

I tend to gravitate towards characters with bad grabs, even though I like the option so much. I would've mained Lucas or Toon Link in Brawl if their grabs were normal.

Having the option to grab (without setups) is something that will always limit us in the meta unless it gets magically patched to either be really good and lagless, or we get a normal grab like everyone else.
I agree with this and think it's the reason very few top players pick up Pac-Man seriously. As I've said before, we have access to Rock and Scissors in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Up B helps, but it doesn't fix everything.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Do not compare our grab to tether grabs. It is not a tether grab. It is essentially Yoshi's grab with more lag. Tether grabs have a larger grabbox and sit longer than our grab. I will say with all my passion as a PAC-MAN main that Samus and ZSS have better grabs then ours. Also remember that grabs for them can lead to incredible strings, and have follow ups. What do we have? A combo out of down throw that depends on if the opponent techs or jumps out of down throw. Essentially, there isn't as much reward for attempting to grab compared to those other characters. Keep in mind I am talking about PAC-MAN with default moves, which is what I play with and have the most knowledge and experience with.

Z-Dropping is useful when the situation presents itself. Moreso, when I know I can get the fruit off of a shield or by picking it up without being punished. Having to z-drop a fruit, throw it at the person and predict them to shield just so I can try to get a grab off them doesn't sound like the best option to me, and honestly looking at it through the perspective of the opponent sounds pretty telegraphed. May I also remind everyone that the opponent can grab a z-dropped item with the Z button, airdodge, or attack as well. PAC-MAN's essential game doesn't revolve around getting grabs, however not having this option makes it bad for him just for an option to have on the spot, not something to setup only to get a down throw as a reward.

Pikachu is annoying for everyone, but is more annoying for others, including us. No, I haven't played a specific Pikachu, but I've played plenty of different ones. Nair isn't a safe counter to quick attack, Quick Attack sadly has more priority and to have the timing down for constant frame-perfect nairs against constant quick attacks sounds quite stressful. Playing patient is the optimal strategy, but the opponent doesn't always allow us to play patient, especially Pikachu, who is faster than us on ground and air, and constantly is on top of us the entire match (Or at least that's what a good Pikachu does). PAC-MAN can definitely hold his ground against Pikachu. Like with what I've said before, he can hold his ground, but winning the matchup is a struggle, plain and simple. It isn't being pessimistic, or negative, or dissing on PAC-MAN, it is just what the matchup is and how the game was designed. Analyzing and maining a character means we have to acknowledge when we have something in the disadvantage, and with a character like Pikachu, there is objectively obstacles that are very difficult for PAC-MAN. Mario and Luigi can kill us with a single down smash or up smash, but we have to make a setup for our kill against them. Is that being pessimistic, or looking at the game with giving respect to our opponent, and realizing that that's how things are in the game?

I will defend myself and say yes, I may be pessimistic in some areas and it may sound exaggerated based on everyone's experiences. But I will say, is that looking in this direction is necessary, and realizing that the flaws we have do hurt us. I myself have also stated I have defended PAC-MAN positively. I don't main PAC-MAN because I love finding things to complain about in a video game, I do it because it is necessary to discuss in a game where other characters simply have better options than us in the meta. Having the option to grab (without setups) is something that will always limit us in the meta unless it gets magically patched to either be really good and lagless, or we get a normal grab like everyone else. PAC-MAN isn't by any means bad, but there's things I personally wish he could have, so it would be more fun of an experience as to someone who solely enjoys playing this character. I could make an entire post of what I think PAC-MAN would need to be more viable, but that might be taken as a pessimistic and negative comment about PAC-MAN, so I guess I won't. This is a place for people to express opinions and thoughts on PAC-MAN, and I for one respect every comment, whether it be positive, negative or neutral.
When you throw a fruit at someone and chase after it, the opponent has limited options that you can react to. An attack can be punished because of the hit lag, a jump can be punished by an uair, and a shield is punished by you already know what.

But that's not the issue here is it?

If you have been around this forum as long as I have, you would notice the pattern of overly negative comments.
It's gotten to me after a while. Feel free to be realistic, just don't make the entire thread unpleasant to be around (not talking to you personally, just this thread in general)

I understand that our lack of a grab is a weakness, but I still don't see how making walls of text on something that we already know is helping our metagame in the slightest.

Lack of reliable kill moves and a bad grab. Always brought up, never helps us advance in any way considering that we already know that it's a problem. You can keep re-acknowledging and complaining about the same wound, but that will never help it heal.

I can tell that you feel like a victim, and I apologize for what may have seemed like an attack, but I'm just tired of the complaining in general from this board.

And no, those scenarios you mentioned aren't pessimistic, nor did I imply they were in any way, but repeatedly saying it and complaining page after page is.
Again, not towards you.

I would just like a balance in the positive and negative in this thread for once. It was for a while, and I'm just having a bad reaction to it returning to negative city. That's just a personal problem that I need to work out.

Regardless, the grab is a weakness. Let's move on friend.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You think so?

As for the other tether grabbers @ Nu~ Nu~ , at the least they don't have dead zones in their grabs as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they have less ending lag too. Another to consider is that Toon Link has a notable KO throw, ZSS has KO confirms off of grab, and I'm pretty sure Link's and Samus' have more range.
Well, while we do have a lot of % specific strings, we also have quite a few combos that work regardless of % (like Fair>Nair), some of which I admit are more situational than others (like the 30+% Bell combos that end in KO moves or Z-dropped gushed fruit combos).

I do think overall we put damage on faster than other characters, especially in the mid percent range.

Normal grab, that's it. Top 5 for sure.

....and remove trampoline ever sticking around to compensate. He'd be a bit too good with both.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!

I would rather you take away the grab entirely than get rid of the lingering trampoline. That would hurt our trap and edge guarding game so hard (Not to mention, how would our recovery even work then?).

Speaking of trampoline, @ Jenny Wakeman Jenny Wakeman you are mentioning Pika and QA a lot. Try to throw out large hitboxes like hydrant or fruits when you know he's going to QA. Pika gets a really weird hurtbox when he QAs and it seems like disjoincted hitboxes like that have a very good chance of hitting him for no reason, even if he's nowhere near it. I seem to have the most success doing this with either apple or hydrant.
I know that's a bit situational, but it should make him much more careful about throwing it out.

Also for rushdown in general, Trampoline OoS is godlike. Just sayin'.

On a completely different note, are you guys abusing our ridiculous edge guarding game to get kills? I mean we legitimately make it so people who grab the ledge can have 0 options! That is ridiculous, especially considering how many characters depend on grabbing the ledge to recover.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
On a completely different note, are you guys abusing our ridiculous edge guarding game to get kills? I mean we legitimately make it so people who grab the ledge can have 0 options! That is ridiculous, especially considering how many characters depend on grabbing the ledge to recover.
I'm not doing it as much as I should, but when I do, it's crazy.
One dude told me that my ledge kill set up in BF (set trampoline on ledge, jump onto platform closest to said ledge, and fsmash) was inspiring lol.
...And then I rekt his villager and made him feel as if the matchup was impossible for his main :demon: I'm not sorry

Edit: ledge kills are the biggest a reason why I don't believe that we lose to lucario. He can't consistently get to absurd percentages because he has to grab the ledge while recovering or suffer a millennia of landing lag.

Last edited:

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
You're basically forgetting that Pac's anti-grab game is extremely good what with Trampoline and Hydrant making up our amazing neutral/defensive game. And Sonic's Spin Dash combos are instantly nullified by that 'bouncing blue line of doom' in which we can create. Not many characters can actually stop those combos as easily as Pac-Man.
I know that this is in general, but still, we have ways to take out those insane options for the characters you stated.

And I understand that this is a general Pac-Man thread, not a competitive thread. I honestly hate heated discussions like this one. Makes me question if I should even be Pac-Man. :facepalm:

Jenny Wakeman

Smash Cadet
Oh my God. I would love this as a commission, lol. I'm already heavily considering commissioning a PAC-MAN amiibo with his hat from PAC-LAND, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched, lmao.

Only thing I realized, Ms. PAC-MAN has a different nose and circular eyebrows, as well as taller, high-heel boots. Nitpicky, but I'm a PAC-MAN freak, so it is just nature to notice, lol.

Last edited:

Spirst

No matter how many times I look at that, I can't help but see Pacman in a drag costume

BSP

Smash Legend
You're basically forgetting that Pac's anti-grab game is extremely good what with Trampoline and Hydrant making up our amazing neutral/defensive game. And Sonic's Spin Dash combos are instantly nullified by that 'bouncing blue line of doom' in which we can create. Not many characters can actually stop those combos as easily as Pac-Man.
I know that this is in general, but still, we have ways to take out those insane options for the characters you stated.
And I understand that this is a general Pac-Man thread, not a competitive thread. I honestly hate heated discussions like this one. Makes me question if I should even be Pac-Man. :facepalm:
I wasn't referring to Mario, Falcon, and Sonic's options vs. Pac-Man specifically. I was just saying that in general, their damage racking is pretty good too.

I agree with you though. Pac-Man is special in that he changes the neutral game completely for some characters.

I was messing around more with Pac-Man last night. I began prioritizing edge traps over charging fruit when I got in an edgeguard situation. I was much more likely to take stocks sub 150%. Fromundaman is right, jab launched hydrant + trampoline does work.

One thing I noticed though: it does take a tad bit more time to set up than a trampoline launch, which can cost you the trap. However, it actually KOs unlike the trampoline launch.

Oh and if you guys don't use @Phampy 's bell setup, you should. Put a hydrant down with a bell in hand, run off, and throw it up. Run at the opponent and intentionally miss a pivot grab or taunt. When they rush in to hit you, they'll be greeted by a gushed bell which you can then confirm off of.

It always works once and it's priceless.

Another thing: Our usual Key re-catch tricks also work with Orange in case you want one in hand for some reason. If you've got enough falling distance, you can catch a Bell thrown from BF in the air. Something we could consider for returning to the stage is doing that, grabbing the ledge, letting go + immediately throw the bell, and then jump back on.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Found this today and it's super situational, but if you DA someone who has their back to a trampoline, it combos on hit or block. On block it will turn the trampoline twice, meaning you can actually potentially use this to kill.

Also I'm feeling really confident for this weekend. Have a huge tournament in France coming up and based on the results of the smashfest I had with some of them today, I think I should easily make it out of pools and hopefully far into the bracket. I need to make a good showing for the good ol' US of A.

That said if anyone has advice against Toon Link or Wario, I would appreciate it. I know there will be good players of both and I don't know those MUs well at all.

Oh, also I almost forgot, has anyone messed with ledge rolling into buffered trampoline? This option seems really REALLY good for no reason.

EDIT:

Huh, it looks like the best person in my pool plays Bowser Jr. actually, and while I've played the character a decent amount I haven't played against him much. Any advice would be welcome.

I assume always keep a trampoline out to prevent side car approaches and let the mechakoopa run into the hydrant?

Last edited:

Jenny Wakeman

Smash Cadet
Found this today and it's super situational, but if you DA someone who has their back to a trampoline, it combos on hit or block. On block it will turn the trampoline twice, meaning you can actually potentially use this to kill.

Also I'm feeling really confident for this weekend. Have a huge tournament in France coming up and based on the results of the smashfest I had with some of them today, I think I should easily make it out of pools and hopefully far into the bracket. I need to make a good showing for the good ol' US of A.

That said if anyone has advice against Toon Link or Wario, I would appreciate it. I know there will be good players of both and I don't know those MUs well at all.

Oh, also I almost forgot, has anyone messed with ledge rolling into buffered trampoline? This option seems really REALLY good for no reason.

EDIT:

Huh, it looks like the best person in my pool plays Bowser Jr. actually, and while I've played the character a decent amount I haven't played against him much. Any advice would be welcome.

I assume always keep a trampoline out to prevent side car approaches and let the mechakoopa run into the hydrant?
First thing I saw is Wario, so I'll just write this down quick: His fart gets an extended hitbox if he farts on the hydrant. It's super-disgusting, and I want that secret to be exposed as much as possible.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Same with his motorcycle. He can extend the hitbox by farting in his bike to make a dangerous ledgeguard setup.
I say to rush him down and play more aggressively with your traps and fruits. Wario's game plan revolves around weaving back and forth to stall for his waft. Don't let him reach that point too often. He can eat your fruit and your hydrant if he spaces his chomp, so use your projectiles wisely.
Also, every fruit besides cherry knocks him off of his bike.

Slidin

Smash Rookie
No matter how many times I look at that, I can't help but see Pacman in a drag costume
A lot of people think that Ms. Pac-Man is simply Pac-Man with makeup and a bow added, which she is not. This is why a lot of fan edits don't look that nice. The main thing you need to know about Ms. Pac-Man's design is that she always has a smaller mouth than Pac-Man. Simply changing the shape of the mouth will determine of it is Ms. Pac-Man or Pac-Man in drag.

Anyway, that custom is nicely done, but it will take a lot of work to perfect a Ms. Pac-Man custom.

Slidin

Smash Rookie
Ah forgot. She has to have heels if it's Ms.Pac-Man

Here they are! Another custom I found on the reddit amiibo board. Lips seem to have more depth and the bow is more refined. The iconic mole is also present. Although, it is lacking eyelashes/eyeliner.

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Hello, don't know where to put this (and I'm sorry I didn't really read any of the 135 pages of this thread), but is it common knowledge that Pacman's fire hydrant has a constant hitbox?
If you use a counter while touching it, the counter gets activated as if the hydrant was attacking your character.

Also, why is there no Q&A thread...?

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Hello, don't know where to put this (and I'm sorry I didn't really read any of the 135 pages of this thread), but is it common knowledge that Pacman's fire hydrant has a constant hitbox?
If you use a counter while touching it, the counter gets activated as if the hydrant was attacking your character.

Also, why is there no Q&A thread...?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 75% of Pac-Main's here at least know that Counter moves get triggered by Pac's Hydrant. Haven't seen it in competitive use though, considering there are most likely better ways for players to do with the hydrant that just counter the wierd, constant hitbox, unless you want to get the I-Frames for some reason.

Also, a Q&A thread does make sense, considering how Pac is a character who often ends up learning new stuff pretty much every single week. Perhaps we can look into it.

Slidin

Smash Rookie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAC-MAN

Now he's 35! Legal to drink AND drive.
...and with this, I wonder what the anniversary game will be. For the 20th we got World, for the 25th we got World 3, and for the 30th we got Party. A lot of fans hope for a World trilogy remaster, but it will probably NEVER happen, and if it did, everything would probably get replaced with Ghostly Adventures stuff. Bleh.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
...and with this, I wonder what the anniversary game will be. For the 20th we got World, for the 25th we got World 3, and for the 30th we got Party. A lot of fans hope for a World trilogy remaster, but it will probably NEVER happen, and if it did, everything would probably get replaced with Ghostly Adventures stuff. Bleh.

They did do something but it was mostly for the iOS/Android game

BSP

Smash Legend
What are the opinions of those two players on those match ups?
I tend to see Pacman as this heavily option rich character... but I don't know how they suddenly give him good match ups with everyone, I really don't. Sonic in Brawl was an exceptional option rich character but still "sucked", or was commonly seen as a gimmick.
Hmmm...sounds familiar, doesn't it guys?

Jenny Wakeman

Smash Cadet
Would love to see PAC-MAN World 2 HD with the new Smash design of PAC-MAN, or even PAC-MAN World 4 which retains the feeling of World 2. Sadly, it will be some Ghostly Adventures trash or something else meaningless.

Slidin

Smash Rookie
Would love to see PAC-MAN World 2 HD with the new Smash design of PAC-MAN, or even PAC-MAN World 4 which retains the feeling of World 2. Sadly, it will be some Ghostly Adventures trash or something else meaningless.
I'm one of those people who have been waiting for a World 4 for 10 years :p
I just wish that Namco continued the original universe alongside the Ghostly Adventures universe, to cater to different audiences. I mean, Sonic Boom isn't a Sonic replacement, just a licensed side line.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm...sounds familiar, doesn't it guys?
Heh, we should really stop trying to make people think we're a good character. Not only will it constantly be met with opposition (seriously did we just get compared to Brawl MK for saying we have no hard counter?), but on top of tat the less people prepare for the MU the better.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423

BSP

Smash Legend
Heh, we should really stop trying to make people think we're a good character. Not only will it constantly be met with opposition (seriously did we just get compared to Brawl MK for saying we have no hard counter?), but on top of tat the less people prepare for the MU the better.
MK comparison happened because Pacman9 said we don't lose any MUs, which is a pretty bold claim.

We've got some losing MUs for sure.

Top Bottom