• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Plug+Play .RELs (Module Files) Want to Port Ridley? Come here!/Modding FAQ

Next P+P .REL?

• Peach

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Ganon

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Probably so...anyway to fix that issue? I know there are a few files running around that have "FitMarthEntry.pac" for example. Would just taking that file and renaming it to "FitPikminEntry.pac" fix the issue? Or must the entry pac be edited by some way?
I'd give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I'll try it myself and let you know what happens

OmegaMalkior

Smash Rookie
NNID
OmegaMalkior
I'd give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I'll try it myself and let you know what happens
Couldn't find a "FitMarthEntry.pac" to port Marth over him, but I found a "FitPikminEntry.pac" specifically made for Ike ports, and nope, the same freeze still keeps happening :/

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't find a "FitMarthEntry.pac" to port Marth over him, but I found a "FitPikminEntry.pac" specifically made for Ike ports, and nope, the same freeze still keeps happening :/
hmm... the plot thickens... Marth does not have a FitEntry.pac, but because it's Olimar, the game might still be looking for a FitPikminEntry. Try this code (I'll update OP with this info later):

00AD8049 00000000
00AD8081 00000000

Last edited:

OmegaMalkior

Smash Rookie
NNID
OmegaMalkior
hmm... the plot thickens... Marth does not have a FitEntry.pac, but because it's Olimar, the game might still be looking for a FitPikminEntry. Try this code (I'll update OP with this info later):

00AD8049 00000000
00AD8081 00000000
Tried it with the codes, and STILL no luuuck ;_;
Used both Marth and Ike's .rel port, and it still gives the same freeze. No changes whatsoever.
What is the code supposed to do?

P.S.: Food for thought, this same glitch has been happening with Olimar porting in PM, even before your new .rel files were released. Both PW's universal rels, and yours keep giving off the same glitch.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Tried it with the codes, and STILL no luuuck ;_;
Used both Marth and Ike's .rel port, and it still gives the same freeze. No changes whatsoever.
What is the code supposed to do?

P.S.: Food for thought, this same glitch has been happening with Olimar porting in PM, even before your new .rel files were released. Both PW's universal rels, and yours keep giving off the same glitch.
what's funny is that I've ported Mario over olimar with absolutely zero issues... I'm going to try it right now

EDIT:

So yeah, it works... Are you sure you used char id 19 in your module, and that you named it ft_pikmin and everything?

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I was able to port Marth over Olimar with no issue as well. The process was the same as other fighters; no picture proof but it is possible. So just try some basic troubleshooting (replace the files again, double-check your entered codes, etc.)

what's funny is that I've ported Mario over olimar with absolutely zero issues...
Mario? You must have mixed up Mario with Luigi.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I was able to port Marth over Olimar with no issue as well. The process was the same as other fighters; no picture proof but it is possible. So just try some basic troubleshooting (replace the files again, double-check your entered codes, etc.)

Mario? You must have mixed up Mario with Luigi.
nope, I mean mario. Currently Bomberman has his own slot

Rage83

Smash Ace
CTRL+F for the following code in HxD:
80000000 80B0B4A8
80000001 80B0BB00
8A003801 00000000

Once you've found it, delete it.
Thank you. If this is the Isaac code that I think it is, this should fix the OOT Ganon port's FS issue as well(it doesn't activate).

OmegaMalkior

Smash Rookie
NNID
OmegaMalkior
what's funny is that I've ported Mario over olimar with absolutely zero issues... I'm going to try it right now

EDIT:

So yeah, it works... Are you sure you used char id 19 in your module, and that you named it ft_pikmin and everything?
Huh...that's strange... care to pass me those exact files you used to port Marth over him? Cuz maybe I'm doing a mistake that I'm not seeing, cuz I've checked everything twice every time a I tried to port him.

P.S.: Dunno what mistake I might be making in the porting, cuz I ported Ike over Dedede without any problem whatsoever >.<.

Rage83

Smash Ace
This code gives Isaac Ike's IC-Constants, so I'm not sure if it actually will solve that particular issue.
Err, Ridley has four jumps, and he's still T-posing on anything but the first one. I'd suggest giving him Pit's IC-Constants, as Pit has multiple jumps, and Ridley needs no codes to work over Pit.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Err, Ridley has four jumps, and he's still T-posing on anything but the first one. I'd suggest giving him Pit's IC-Constants, as Pit has multiple jumps, and Ridley needs no codes to work over Pit.
well, that shouldn't be happening, since the module should patch the ic-constants automatically. If it still doesn't work, use this code:

80000000 80B0B748
80000001 80B0BB00
8A003801 00000000

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if people here porting characters don't mind mismatching announcer calls, but is there a way to redirect Isaac's announcer call to a different sound file? Like how Knuckle's call goes to STAGE CLEAR?

For now I'm just inputting an empty audio file for ported characters.

Last edited:

N00B64

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if people here porting characters don't mind mismatching announcer calls, but is there a way to redirect Isaac's announcer call to a different sound file? Like how Knuckle's call goes to STAGE CLEAR?

For now I'm just inputting an empty audio file for ported characters.
would also be nice to know how to switch his stock icon location. he has 5 of them waiting to be used but every costume leads back to "?" instead

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
I'm still somewhat quite unsure what a REL is.

Is it somethign taht allows you to replace another character instead of intended design? Like Ridley usually replaces Pit, but this code allows you to replace someone else?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Has anyone tried anything with Mario/CrazyHand's soundbank ID's? I've tested their ID's for random stuff but they don't seem to work. (For example, routing Pikachu's SFX to Mario's, etc)

I'm still somewhat quite unsure what a REL is.

Is it somethign taht allows you to replace another character instead of intended design? Like Ridley usually replaces Pit, but this code allows you to replace someone else?
Basically, yes. With Pyotr's .rels you can place Ridley over (almost) anyone with no issue. This way you can have Ridley and keep Pit.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Wow, amazing work, @PyotrLuzhin! I have a question. Would it be possible for you to help me port a Zero Suit Samus-based PSA over Toon Link? If you could PM me or add me on Skype (davidvkimball) that would be great.

Here's the PSA I want to add (and modify a bit): http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34466

This is all for my Smash Bros. Legacy build, and I'd love your help if you have some extra time.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm a bit confused. I got a Lucina PSA that is based on Marth, goes over Dedede, and I want it to go over Isaac. (At least until someone gets more slots in vanilla PM 3.6, can't we change the alloys or something and put them on the CSS?)

What exactly should I be doing? I can't really test things since I'm away from my console and Dolphin. (The computer I'm using is so bad, it's lagging while I'm typing, imagine trying to run Dolphin on this, lol.)

Thanks in advance.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm a bit confused. I got a Lucina PSA that is based on Marth, goes over Dedede, and I want it to go over Isaac. (At least until someone gets more slots in vanilla PM 3.6, can't we change the alloys or something and put them on the CSS?)

What exactly should I be doing? I can't really test things since I'm away from my console and Dolphin. (The computer I'm using is so bad, it's lagging while I'm typing, imagine trying to run Dolphin on this, lol.)

Thanks in advance.
So, the guy who made the Lucina over Dedede used one of my modules, so porting should be easy. You'll have to follow the special Isaac porting instructions in the OP of this thread, and then you'll have to follow the general Plug+Play instructions in the OP.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Do you have more Soundbank IDs ready? There are only 2 in the OP

Solaros

Smash Journeyman

Thanks in advance.
Pretty sure we're using the same Lucina PSA. If you have trouble incorporating it into your build, I'll help you out.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Worked perfectly, thanks for the help.

Kinda unrelated, but since even mentioning Isaac on the rest of the forums is unadvisable at best, what file should I replace to get her voice pack working? If there is one to replace anyway?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Worked perfectly, thanks for the help.

Kinda unrelated, but since even mentioning Isaac on the rest of the forums is unadvisable at best, what file should I replace to get her voice pack working? If there is one to replace anyway?
You could replace Marth's sfx file, 26.sawnd, and redirect Lucina's sfx to that file. If you want to keep both Marth/Lucina's voices, you would have to manually replace the SFX of a Subspace Boss, such as Crazy Hand. Although I've been totally struggling at this for awhile now. :(

(Pyotr plz respond to PM)

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Man I love this so much. Just replaced a certain Golden Sun character with Ridley and when the time come I will be putting Waluigi over a certain character beginning L and thenI think I will leave a certain Sonic character alone and keep Dark Samus when she is done on Pit and Deoxys when its done on Toon Link. But anyway I love your .rel's. If I could rate 10/10.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Man I love this so much. Just replaced a certain Golden Sun character with Ridley and when the time come I will be putting Waluigi over a certain character beginning L and thenI think I will leave a certain Sonic character alone and keep Dark Samus when she is done on Pit and Deoxys when its done on Toon Link. But anyway I love your .rel's. If I could rate 10/10.
The Fire Emblem character is way too good to be replaced. For Waluigi, You should replace G&W but It's your choice not mine.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
The Fire Emblem character is way too good to be replaced. For Waluigi, You should replace G&W but It's your choice not mine.
Sorry but I don't play Fire Emblem and I have played more games with Waluigi than I probably ever will with Fire Emblem so...
So I decided to change Sonic character with Tails always liked him more. And because of these .rel ports it makes it possible so thank you Pyotr.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Sorry but I don't play Fire Emblem and I have played more games with Waluigi than I probably ever will with Fire Emblem so...
So I decided to change Sonic character with Tails always liked him more. And because of these .rel ports it makes it possible so thank you Pyotr.
Most Tails PSAs aren't even that good but again it's your Choice..

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Did you ever finish your Slippy PSA?
I think he is still on vacation he said he was going on vacation for a week last Saturday on his Bomberman thread. In that post he says and I quote "FYI, I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and I won't be back for a week. When I get back, though, I can promise that there'll be some awesome news... ;)"

Top Bottom