• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Plug+Play .RELs (Module Files) Want to Port Ridley? Come here!/Modding FAQ

Next P+P .REL?

• Peach

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Ganon

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I think he is still on vacation he said he was going on vacation for a week last Saturday on his Bomberman thread. In that post he says and I quote "FYI, I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and I won't be back for a week. When I get back, though, I can promise that there'll be some awesome news... ;)"
Doesn't hurt to ask, just because he is on vacation doesn't mean he won't be on smash boards...

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
You could replace Marth's sfx file, 26.sawnd, and redirect Lucina's sfx to that file. If you want to keep both Marth/Lucina's voices, you would have to manually replace the SFX of a Subspace Boss, such as Crazy Hand. Although I've been totally struggling at this for awhile now. :(

(Pyotr plz respond to PM)
Gaahh I've been super busy with extremely hype stuff and I'm still on vacation lol. I'm really sorry Solaros! As soon as I have proper WiFi, I'll try to answer your question ASAP

Did you ever finish your Slippy PSA?
It's a side project, so I don't know exactly when I'll finish it. I recently figured out how to give him his own laser color, and I've made an EXModule for him too. Who knows? He might be done sooner than you think ;)

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
It's a side project, so I don't know exactly when I'll finish it. I recently figured out how to give him his own laser color, and I've made an EXModule for him too. Who knows? He might be done sooner than you think ;)
So speaking of Slippy (and seeing that your still on Smash Boards) in that same post about Slippy I remember seeing Viewtiful Joe. How is that project coming?

Sheesh, didn't mean to start a flame war. Just asking a question... I am fine with waiting, how else could I mod brawl?
You didn't start a flame war and you made a good point before that he could still be on Smash Boards (and he is). If anything I feel as I should of put more thought into it that he could still be on Smash Boards.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So speaking of Slippy (and seeing that your still on Smash Boards) in that same post about Slippy I remember seeing Viewtiful Joe. How is that project coming?
Viewtiful Joe's so broken lol, in the sense that he's so overpowered that I'd have to spend a ton of time balancing him before I'd release him. I'm going to completely redo him over Link, except I'll replace Link's arrows with Mario's fireballs to give him a bomb similar to Bomberman's bomb.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok. Well I will wait then which I can do. Also your P+P rel's will still work for him right?

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice

You didn't start a flame war and you made a good point before that he could still be on Smash Boards (and he is). If anything I feel as I should of put more thought into it that he could still be on Smash Boards.
The whole "flame war" comment was more directed to HypnotizeOverdrive than you. Also, excited to see Slippy! Wanted him ever since that April Fools trailer.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
The whole "flame war" comment was more directed to HypnotizeOverdrive than you. Also, excited to see Slippy! Wanted him ever since that April Fools trailer.
Oh ok, yeah I have been excited about Slippy too.

Edit: Btw Happy New Year

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Hey Pyotr, how's the progress on the G&W costume fix .gct?
G+W Costume fix:

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Open your .gct with HxD

2. CTRL+F for the following block of code (in hex-values, as always)

1FFF1FFF 1FFF3FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF3FFF
3FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 10021FFF

3. Replace the block with this block of code:

1FFF1FFF 1FFF3FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF3FFF
3FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF

That should work, I hope. Let me know if it doesn't do anything lol

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if there was a No Entry code for Ice Climbers, cause I am porting a Megaman X on Peach that has a No Entry code that says must use. So I was wondering if that was just for Peach or everyone and if it is for Peach only then is there one for Ice Climbers or not?

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you might have to use one for Icies, but that particular character slot has unique behavior, like the alloy slots

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
The "Iceclimbers" character slot sometimes tries to load two characters at once, which will cause the game to crash.
Oh ok, that sucks guess I will replace someone else and I also tried to port that Megaman X over Peach over G&W and tried your G&W fix it did not change anything with the costumes they all stayed the first Megaman X texture and I tried this in training cause in a regular match Megaman X needs the No Entry code. But I found a Megaman X over Pit I am going to try probably will end up trying it over Ice Climbers. Out of curiosity how often would the Ice Climbers character slot try to load two characters?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I tried your G&W fix it did not change anything with the costumes they all stayed the first Megaman X texture.
Will also try this, and edit this post when I do.

EDIT: Doesn't work :[

Out of curiosity how often would the Ice Climbers character slot try to load two characters?
Probably enough that you should port over a different character, I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So I got distracted and never tested it till a little bit ago and 3/3 test in training and it crashed with in seconds of choosing a stage. So I am gonna have to use someone else but the only one I am will to do it to is G&W. But gotta wait for that fix though.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Ok, nvm about Megaman X for me cause I can't even get Megaman over Ness to work. :( I don't one without the other so I just wont get Megamn X since I can't figure out Megaman.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Ok, nvm about Megaman X for me cause I can't even get Megaman over Ness to work. :( I don't one without the other so I just wont get Megamn X since I can't figure out Megaman.
Ok, nvm I found a different Megaman than the one I was using and got it working so now I wait for G&W fix. How many costumes does G&W have?

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I figured out how to re-arrange the CSS in 3.6, directly editable with PhantomWing's CSS organizer (which is only designed to work with Brawl and PM 3.0:

Took some time, but it's possible! Didn't find any tutorials so I had to figure it out. I can draft up a tutorial soon, I figured this could be helpful to us fellow porters.

Ok, nvm I found a different Megaman than the one I was using and got it working so now I wait for G&W fix. How many costumes does G&W have?
BrawlCostumeManager shows twelve costume slots. No clue on how many actually work.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I figured out how to re-arrange the CSS in 3.6, directly editable with PhantomWing's CSS organizer (which is only designed to work with Brawl and PM 3.0

Took some time, but it's possible! Didn't find any tutorials so I had to figure it out. I can draft up a tutorial soon, I figured this could be helpful to us fellow porters.

BrawlCostumeManager shows twelve costume slots. No clue on how many actually work.
I had help from Pyotr and figured out how to re-organize the CSS with the GCT. And ok I think it's 9 or 10 costumes that are used. But that guess is from counting costumes on CSS when I hover selector over him and count the costumes.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, experiencing some difficulties with the CSS Organizer method. Isaac, Sami, and likely any additional fighters added (and not replaced) use the Bowser emblem. Haven't figured out why*, and using those characters crash the game upon the results screen as well.

*I suspect the cause is somewhere within the AnmChr(NW4R) folder within the MiscData[30] portion of sc_selcharacter.pac.

EDIT: I just realized some aspects of my personal build is causing the crash. Whoops.

I had help from Pyotr and figured out how to re-organize the CSS with the GCT
How so?

And ok I think it's 9 or 10 costumes that are used. But that guess is from counting costumes on CSS when I hover selector over him and count the costumes.
Oh stupid, forgot about that. My guess on why G&W's costumes are "glitchy" is because the info for his other costumes are in the FitGameWatch.pac file

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, experiencing some difficulties with the CSS Organizer method. Isaac, Sami, and likely any additional fighters added (and not replaced) use the Bowser emblem. Haven't figured out why*, and using those characters crash the game upon the results screen as well.

*I suspect the cause is somewhere within the AnmChr(NW4R) folder within the MiscData[30] portion of sc_selcharacter.pac.

How so?

Oh stupid, forgot about that. My guess on why G&W's costumes are "glitchy" is because the info for his other costumes are in the FitGameWatch.pac file
I should just make a post about the css, it's not too hard. As for G+W, his colors are a CLR sequence if I remember correctly. I thought that giving him a different set of costume flags would solve the problem, but it's probably an IC-esque issue

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
For anyone placing PSAs over ported characters, has this happened to you? So I've ported Ike over Sami, then placed a Cloud PSA over him. Everything works perfect... except when he gets thrown from a grab he instantly gets KO'd ?? I placed Cloud over Ike's original slot and that worked fine, I'm so confused. For now I'll just port him over Isaac...

I should just make a post about the css, it's not too hard. As for G+W, his colors are a CLR sequence if I remember correctly. I thought that giving him a different set of costume flags would solve the problem, but it's probably an IC-esque issue
Are you referring to the GCT method for changing the CSS? And I hope that includes changing a character's icon, lol. Marth isn't in the Bowser universe... :(

By IC-esque, do you mean an issue that could take awhile to tackle?

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
For anyone placing PSAs over ported characters, has this happened to you? So I've ported Ike over Sami, then placed a Cloud PSA over him. Everything works perfect... except when he gets thrown from a grab he instantly gets KO'd ?? I placed Cloud over Ike's original slot and that worked fine, I'm so confused. For now I'll just port him over Isaac...

Are you referring to the GCT method for changing the CSS? And I hope that includes changing a character's icon, lol. Marth isn't in the Bowser universe... :(

By IC-esque, do you mean an issue that could take awhile to tackle?
Oh, there's a code you need to remove, I think. I must have forgotten to do this in the PMCC stuff I uploaded.

C2771688 00000011
D8220018 807F0010
80630060 38820020
38A00000 3D408077
614A866C 7D4903A6
4E800421 C8220018
C05F0020 815F0010
812A0008 81290110
2C090000 41800044
2C09002F 4181003C
3D00901B 61087E00
1D290008 7C084C6E
EC000072 80EA0018
C0470040 EC0000B2
C042002C EC02002A
D0010014 C042003C
D041000C C0480004
60000000 00000000

This code doesn't appear to do anything when taken out, but it's in there for a reason. Let me know if you find any bugs while playing without the code.

As for changing cosmetic data, I'll add that to my list of things to include in a tutorial haha

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Oh, there's a code you need to remove, I think.
It worked, thanks a bunch! I'm still confused on how you look at this jumble of coding and go, "Yep, it's these lines of codes that are causing the bug."

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Happen to have a different mirror for the Ridley ports? The current link does not work for me.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Oh, you updated it so gold boy could be replaced?

How would that work with his Toon Link sound files?

Actually, I don't know how to redirect sounds at all.
Also announcer voice.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Oh, you updated it so gold boy could be replaced? How would that work with his Toon Link sound files?
You would need to redirect their SFX to use someone else's SFX files, unless you want Ridley or whoever sounding like Toon Link. lol

Actually, I don't know how to redirect sounds at all.
My time to shine! If you want your ported fighter to use someone else's SFX file, start by using the code:

XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY

Replace XXXXXXXX with the codes of the fighter you're porting/replacing over.
A list of XXXXXXXX codes for some fighters... [Under Construction]
CHAR CODES
Mario - 04AD89E0
Isaac - 04AD8A8C
Marth - 04AD8A20
G&W - 04AD8A28
. . .

Replace YYYYYYYY with a character's soundbank ID
[List Under Construction]
Soundbank IDs
Mario - 00000001
Marth - 00000013
CrazyHand - 00000142
. . .

To demonstrate, let's say you want to port a fighter over Isaac and have them use Marth's SFX, so you would use the code 04AD8A8C 00000013 to do so. (04AD8A8C being Isaac's XXXXXXX code, and 00000013 being Marth's soundbank ID.)

Now that you have your new code, hold on to it. The next step is to open RSBE01.gct with the HxD software Pyotr previously linked, and use CTRL-F to find "F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" while using 'Hex values' for your search query.

Paste your code right before the F0 00. . . portion, then click OK on the confirm window. Now save the .gct, then exit. When you start up your build, your ported fighter's SFX should now be redirected.

Also announcer voice.
I'm guessing you want to change Isaac's announcer call, but at the moment that can't be done without changing Mario's announcer call as well. But if you want to change Knuckles' announcer call or whoever, you would need Super Sawndz, the 'smashbros_sound.brsar' file, and a lot of patience.

Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
My time to shine!
Dearest, you shine too brightly.

Well, say if I wanted Ridley's sound files to be used on Isaac's slot. Wouldn't the original Toon Link also use RIdley's files?

As for the announcer, I didn't mind him announcing Isaac. It's just that after I replaced him, the announcer called him Mario. Which was weird.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Well, say if I wanted Ridley's sound files to be used on Isaac's slot. Wouldn't the original Toon Link also use Ridley's files?
I believe Isaac doesn't have his own SFX file; he's just borrowing Toon Link's. As such, there is nothing to replace. If you want the Isaac slot to have Ridley chirps you would have to modify the 'xx.sawnd' file of a SSE boss, such as Crazy Hand, then redirect the Isaac slot's SFX to that. In theory I know how to do this, but it's a tedious process that I'm still figuring out.

(The reason being difficult is having to replace each individual sound effect via Super Sawndz, then modifying the character via PSA to match their attacks with the correct sound effect. Has anyone else been successful with this?)

The simpler method is placing Ridley and his SFX over Pit's - which is what the Ridley mod's designed for anyways.

As for the announcer, I didn't mind him announcing Isaac. It's just that after I replaced him, the announcer called him Mario. Which was weird.
Hahaha, gotta love mismatching announcer calls. For fighters that don't have a proper announcer call (Ridley, for example), then I just place a blank audio file over their call. Or the 'stage clear' call. Audio splicing is too hard. :(

And wait, did the announcer say "Isaac" before you replaced him?

Dearest, you shine too brightly.
Oh, you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom