• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Plug+Play .RELs (Module Files) Want to Port Ridley? Come here!/Modding FAQ

Next P+P .REL?

• Peach

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Ganon

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Whoa what, what build were you using? Is this the PM3.6 announcer?

-

PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin So I've got more SFX shenanigans to discuss - I'm porting Ike over Sami and will using a custom SFX set for the character.

1) I made a custom 329.sawnd file in Super Sawndz, keeping in mind the lengths of sound effects.
2) Entered the respective 04AD8AF2 00000142 code into the .gct, as I will be redirecting Sami's SFX to Crazy Hand's.
3) Used PSA to modify what moves use what sound effects, for example AttackDash using the sound effect 1083. I got this number from Super Sawndz. (The three/four numbers following Audio[01], Audio[02], etc for each sound effect.)
4) :(

However, I don't think I'm using the correct three/four digit numbers in PSA. For example Captain Falcon's sky KO cry has the number 544 in PSA, although I don't see this anywhere in his Super Sawndz directory. Where is PSA getting these SFX numbers? Or is this not working because the SFX is being re-directed? asdf

Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
My build came from a group calling themselves PMCC. Or something.
It had the announcer voice for Lyn, Knuckles and Isaac. He sounds like the rest of the names, so I figure it might be him.

Last edited:

sambosje

Smash Rookie
Hi, dunno if this can be discussed here but i made the announcer calls for Isaac, Sami etc. Also S Solaros here is a list of some more soundbank id's

Soundbank ID Name
01 mario
02 link
03 pit
04 metaknight
05 dedede
06 Donkey
07 Samus
08 Yoshi
09 Kirby
0A Fox
0B Pikachu
0C Luigi
0D Captain
0E Ness
0F Koopa
10 Peach
11 Zelda
12 Iceclimber
13 Marth
14 GameWatch
15 Falco
16 Ganon
17 Wario
18 Pikmin
19 lucas
1A Diddy
1B PokeTrainer
1C PokeLizardon
1D PokeZenigame
1E PokeFushigisou
1F Lucario
20 Ike
21 Robot
22 Purin
23 ToonLink
24 Wolf
25 snake
26 Sonic
27 select
28 ZakoFighter

116 Kuribo
117 Patapata
118 Hammerbros
119 Killer
11A Dekakuribo
11B GalFire
11C Poppercam
11D Bitan
11E Roada
11F Bombhead
120 Gyraan
121 Bucyulus
122 Tautau
123 Flows
124 Aroaros
125 Botron
126 Jyakeel
127 Ghamgha
128 Pacci
129 Faulong
12A Deathpod
12B Spar
12C Kokkon
12D Jdus
12E Mite
12F Shelly
130 Ngagog
131 Cymal
132 Teckin
133 Cataguard
134 Siralamos
135 Boobas
136 Arman
137 Prim
138 Robo
139 Bosspackun
13A Rayquaza
13B Porky
13C Galleom
13D Ridley
13E Duon
13F Metaridley
140 Taboo
141 Masterhand
142 Crazyhand
143 Falconflyer

Also Solaros you are using the wrong ID's, use the ones from this list: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/SFX_ID_List(NTSC_AND_JPN)

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Hi, dunno if this can be discussed here but i made the announcer calls for Isaac, Sami etc. Also S Solaros here is a list of some more soundbank id's

Soundbank ID Name
01 mario
02 link
03 pit
04 metaknight
05 dedede
06 Donkey
07 Samus
08 Yoshi
09 Kirby
0A Fox
0B Pikachu
0C Luigi
0D Captain
0E Ness
0F Koopa
10 Peach
11 Zelda
12 Iceclimber
13 Marth
14 GameWatch
15 Falco
16 Ganon
17 Wario
18 Pikmin
19 lucas
1A Diddy
1B PokeTrainer
1C PokeLizardon
1D PokeZenigame
1E PokeFushigisou
1F Lucario
20 Ike
21 Robot
22 Purin
23 ToonLink
24 Wolf
25 snake
26 Sonic
27 select
28 ZakoFighter

116 Kuribo
117 Patapata
118 Hammerbros
119 Killer
11A Dekakuribo
11B GalFire
11C Poppercam
11D Bitan
11E Roada
11F Bombhead
120 Gyraan
121 Bucyulus
122 Tautau
123 Flows
124 Aroaros
125 Botron
126 Jyakeel
127 Ghamgha
128 Pacci
129 Faulong
12A Deathpod
12B Spar
12C Kokkon
12D Jdus
12E Mite
12F Shelly
130 Ngagog
131 Cymal
132 Teckin
133 Cataguard
134 Siralamos
135 Boobas
136 Arman
137 Prim
138 Robo
139 Bosspackun
13A Rayquaza
13B Porky
13C Galleom
13D Ridley
13E Duon
13F Metaridley
140 Taboo
141 Masterhand
142 Crazyhand
143 Falconflyer

Also Solaros you are using the wrong ID's, use the ones from this list: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/SFX_ID_List(NTSC_AND_JPN)
Yep, those are correct, I'll add them to the op. Thanks sambosje!

Just so everyone knows, when you name a .sawnd file, you'll need to convert the soundbank ID to a decimal value and add 7 (in decimal) to the name.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Here is a list of some more soundbank id's . . .
I don't know if I should cry or be relieved, thank you for your service

EDIT: With the correct ID's it's still a no-go... redirecting Sami's SFX to Crazy Hand's just results in Ike being completely silent

Edit 2: PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin I hate to keep bugging you about this, but I'm totally at a loss here. Made a custom 329.sawnd keeping in mind sound effect lengths, edited FitSami.pac via PSA to change the SFX ID's, put in the respective 04AD8AF2 00000142 code into .gct, but nothing's working.

Yep, those are correct, I'll add them to the op. Thanks sambosje!

Just so everyone knows, when you name a .sawnd file, you'll need to convert the soundbank ID to a decimal value and add 7 (in decimal) to the name.
Wait, can we not refer to Super Sawndz for a .sawnd name? What about the group ID shown when a character is highlighted, negating the need for converting a soundbank ID?

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'd like to think that I'm fairly competent when it comes to bending this game to my will, but porting is still very confusing to me. That said, I'm wondering if it's possible to use your Link P&P to port Solo Charizard to Charizard in PM? A handful of codes need to be included for it to work over Link, so my hopes are a little low.

D

Deleted member

I'm trying to port Ridley over Snake using the download file provided in the OP.
I renamed the Ridley folder to Snake (and all pac and pcs files in it ofc) and replaced the char ID in the rel file included to go over Snake as well. The game freezes when I select a stage.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'm trying to port Ridley over Snake using the download file provided in the OP.
I renamed the Ridley folder to Snake (and all pac and pcs files in it ofc) and replaced the char ID in the rel file included to go over Snake as well. The game freezes when I select a stage.
Did you remove all of the stuff from Snake's folder beforehand?

I ported Ridley to Isaac and told the game to have him use Bowser's sfx using 04AD8A8C 00000013, but he instead has no sound at all. What gives, S Solaros ?

D

Deleted member

Did you remove all of the stuff from Snake's folder beforehand?. S Solaros ?
I merged the folders, prompting Windows to ask me if I wanted to replace the files already there. I haven't replaced the Soundbank though, still need to figure out how to get that sorted (If it involves hex editing the GCT file or using GCTEdit.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
You would need to redirect their SFX to use someone else's SFX files, unless you want Ridley or whoever sounding like Toon Link. lol

My time to shine! If you want your ported fighter to use someone else's SFX file, start by using the code:

XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY

Replace XXXXXXXX with the codes of the fighter you're porting/replacing over.
A list of XXXXXXXX codes for some fighters... [Under Construction]
CHAR CODES
Mario - 04AD89E0
Isaac - 04AD8A8C
Marth - 04AD8A20
G&W - 04AD8A28
. . .

Replace YYYYYYYY with a character's soundbank ID
[List Under Construction]
Soundbank IDs
Mario - 00000001
Marth - 00000013
CrazyHand - 00000142
. . .

To demonstrate, let's say you want to port a fighter over Isaac and have them use Marth's SFX, so you would use the code 04AD8A8C 00000013 to do so. (04AD8A8C being Isaac's XXXXXXX code, and 00000013 being Marth's soundbank ID.)

Now that you have your new code, hold on to it. The next step is to open RSBE01.gct with the HxD software Pyotr previously linked, and use CTRL-F to find "F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" while using 'Hex values' for your search query.

Paste your code right before the F0 00. . . portion, then click OK on the confirm window. Now save the .gct, then exit. When you start up your build, your ported fighter's SFX should now be redirected.

I'm guessing you want to change Isaac's announcer call, but at the moment that can't be done without changing Mario's announcer call as well. But if you want to change Knuckles' announcer call or whoever, you would need Super Sawndz, the 'smashbros_sound.brsar' file, and a lot of patience.
Time to shine? I'm cryin' already... Kappa

So let me see if I got this. I need to hex edit the GCT file so I can redirect Isaac's SFX to someone like Crazy Hand. Ok, so afterwards would I need to manually edit Crazy Hand's SFX or can I just replace it with a random SFX file?
(Like the Lucina file that came in the port I got.)

Edit: Forgot to mention, but Lyn SFX replaces Tabuu's in case someone was curious. How ironic.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I merged the folders, prompting Windows to ask me if I wanted to replace the files already there. I haven't replaced the Soundbank though, still need to figure out how to get that sorted (If it involves hex editing the GCT file or using GCTEdit.)
Replacing is fine, but I guarantee leaving anything leftover that was in there originally will likely cause issues.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I ported Ridley to Isaac and told the game to have him use Bowser's sfx using 04AD8A8C 00000013, but he instead has no sound at all. What gives, S Solaros ?
1) Bowser's soundbank ID is 0000000F, you're using Marth's soundbank ID lol. So the correct code is 04AD8A8C 0000000F.

2) Not just for Cynapse but for anyone reading this, doing something like having Ridley use Bowser's sound effects is more complicated than just redirecting the SFX. You need to edit Ridley's .pac file via PSA to change the SFX triggers, for every move.

Don't overwrite the files, just delete them then insert Ridley's. This way there's less room for error. As for redirecting the character's SFX in the .gct file, refer to my earlier post. You can just use HxD for that, it's fairly simple!

So let me see if I got this. I need to hex edit the GCT file so I can redirect Isaac's SFX to someone like Crazy Hand. Ok, so afterwards would I need to manually edit Crazy Hand's SFX or can I just replace it with a random SFX file?
(Like the Lucina file that came in the port I got.)
Yep, you edit the RSBE01.gct file via HxD. (The specific code you need is 04AD8A8C 00000142.) And to answer your second question, unfortunately it's not as simple as just renaming Lucina's .sawnd file. You would have to manually edit Crazy Hand's sound effects via Super Sawndz. Reason being, a character's .pac file has the information for what action triggers what SFX.

Don't do that just yet, however. I'm experimenting with this and haven't been successful so far. :( Going to try replace another boss's SFX instead. (Sound effects are a real pain...)

EDIT: Going to try messing with a non-ported character like Lucas as well.

For anyone else reading this, just note that Knuckles uses Porky's .sawnd file and Lyn uses Tabuu's.

Now play solo mode and listen to Tabuu going all girly like.
The best way to defeat the final boss!

Last edited:

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Now play solo mode and listen to Tabuu going all girly like.
Subspace Emissary got so much better after that.
I was like "Tabuu is going to be a pain without Brawl's air dodge... (Cue Lyn's taunt)"
Then I lost focus because I was laughing and he whacked me. Fun times, RIP Kirby.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
1) Bowser's soundbank ID is 0000000F, you're using Marth's soundbank ID lol. So the correct code is 04AD8A8C 0000000F.

2) Not just for Cynapse but for anyone reading this, doing something like having Ridley use Bowser's sound effects is more complicated than just redirecting the SFX. You need to edit Ridley's .pac file via PSA to change the SFX triggers, for every move.
Had the code right, just pasted it wrong on here.

As for PSA, version 2.7 won't open the .pac included in the P&P, nor would version 1.3. What do? I Even if it did open, I've not the slightest idea how to go about editing triggers, and I haven't found jack about it in guides. Could Brawlbox accomplish the same goal?

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. Can confirm, this version works with Ridley's .pac. What version of PSA is this, and what does the Data Tree checkbox do?

I've not the slightest idea how to go about editing triggers, and I haven't found jack about it in guides. Could Brawlbox accomplish the same goal?
No idea about Brawlbox, I've only used it for changing cosmetics like stock icons, CSPs, etc. But since we now have a PSA that can open Ridley's .pac, here's the steps (assuming you're unfamiliar with PSA):

1) Open Ridley's .pac, then proceed to the Sub Actions tab (found under the Action Events tab). There you'll see two boxes labeled "Sub Action" and "Event List" that have drop down menus.

- The Sub Action box has list of actions ranging from 0 to 1F3 or so, depending on the character. This is where every character action (jumping, dash attack, taunting, etc.) can be found. A list of what animations correspond to each in-game action can be found here.

- The Event List box has four categories: Main, GFX, SFX, and Other. We'll just be working with the SFX category.

2) To demonstrate, let's work with Ridley's dash attack (or AttackDash in PSA). This will be Sub-action 4E. With the SFX event list selected you'll see triggers like Asynchronous Timer, but we'll focus on the Sound Effect triggers. The first SFX trigger has an ID of 2AB and the second being 256, and so on. These numbers are identifying which sound effect from this list will activate. In this case, the first sound effect is triggering 'snd_vc_pit_atk02'.

(Do keep in mind that that Ridley is meant to replace Pit, and as such uses Pit's SFX IDs.

3) With a Sound Effect trigger highlighted, either double-click it or click the modify button on the bottom of the window. Here you can change the ID number for the sound effect triggered. Try ID 05A6 to use 'snd_vc_koopa_Attack01', or any other of Bowser's sound effects really.

4) Hope this works out for you, should be a fairly simple process. Although I haven't gotten it working for me yet...so don't cry just yet...

Last edited:

Thundersquares

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to replace Waluigi over Isaac for about an hour now using the Pit rel, but despite following the directions very well, clicking Isaac crashes the game immediately.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to replace Waluigi over Isaac for about an hour now using the Pit rel, but despite following the directions very well, clicking Isaac crashes the game immediately.
Most similar issues are solved by re-doing the porting process. If that still doesn't work, try over another character. If you're using the Waluigi mod for Brawl that was released recently, I believe it hasn't been tuned for Project M yet. Or you can ask Pyotr who has a personal Waluigi PM mod.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Cynapse Cynapse How's the sound effect changing going? I haven't had much success on my end; I've tried things like changing a Lucas taunt to a Falcon taunt sound effect but it just comes out silent. Either I'm missing something or there's more to it, or both :(

Cynapse

Smash Ace
4) Hope this works out for you, should be a fairly simple process. Although I haven't gotten it working for me yet...so don't cry just yet...
This is far from simple, but I did get it to work. 056A is an ID for Falcon, btw. I'm so confused as to how to go about matching everything up. Guess I'll just open Bowser's .pac as a reference and work from there.

Edit: Do Bowser and Giga share a soundbank?

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
This is far from simple, but I did get it to work. 056A is an ID for Falcon, btw. I'm so confused as to how to go about matching everything up. Guess I'll just open Bowser's .pac as a reference and work from there.

lol u mixed up the numbers, 05A6 (what I said before) is a Bowser sound, while 056A is a Falcon sound. And wait, what exactly did you get working? Are you using the Sami build, or official 3.6?

And I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace

Cynapse Cynapse , Bowser and Giga Bowser share a soundbank in a sense. The Koopa(Bowser) soundbank is divided up into two parts, unlike most other characters' soundbanks. The way they work is that Bowser loads his sounds exclusively from the first two with one exception, and Giga Bowser loads all of his sounds from the last two. (Bowser's exception is his down taunt roar, which is his Wii remote sound) If you plan on adding a voice to Giga Bowser's voice bank(not his sound effect one), you may run into an issue I found. For Giga Bowser's voice clips, they have an in engine filter effect. What it does is that while Giga's voice clip files are just copies of Bowser's, in game they are pitched down about 19% and *very* slightly slowed down compared to the real files.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Cynapse Cynapse , Bowser and Giga Bowser share a soundbank in a sense. The Koopa(Bowser) soundbank is divided up into two parts, unlike most other characters' soundbanks. The way they work is that Bowser loads his sounds exclusively from the first two with one exception, and Giga Bowser loads all of his sounds from the last two. (Bowser's exception is his down taunt roar, which is his Wii remote sound) If you plan on adding a voice to Giga Bowser's voice bank(not his sound effect one), you may run into an issue I found. For Giga Bowser's voice clips, they have an in engine filter effect. What it does is that while Giga's voice clip files are just copies of Bowser's, in game they are pitched down about 19% and *very* slightly slowed down compared to the real files.
I noticed. Managed to give Ridley's aerial down-b landing the same effects as Bowser's. My only real success, really. Can't seem to figure out what anything else is. Would really like to know both of his roars and side-b slash.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I noticed. Managed to give Ridley's aerial down-b landing the same effects as Bowser's. My only real success, really. Can't seem to figure out what anything else is. Would really like to know both of his roars and side-b slash.
*nudge*

By the way, why use Bowser's sounds over Ridley's?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
*nudge*

By the way, why use Bowser's sounds over Ridley's?
Nudge? I don't want Pit to sound monstrous and stuff, though that would be hilarious. Plus this is definitely a learning experience for me. Got frustrated with my other project and put it on hold.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Nudge? I don't want Pit to sound monstrous and stuff, though that would be hilarious. Plus this is definitely a learning experience for me. Got frustrated with my other project and put it on hold.
Nah, I meant just have Ridley's SFX on a boss or something, if possible.

And the nudge was for my earlier question lol, about getting something working? The sound effects?

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Nah, I meant just have Ridley's SFX on a boss or something, if possible.

And the nudge was for my earlier question lol, about getting something working? The sound effects?
Using boss Ridley is possible, but I recall reading somewhere that there is an issue where the sfx fades the further away you are from an opponent.

Oh.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So out of curiosity how are Bomberman and Slippy coming along? Can't wait for them both.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll look at it this weekend. Also, now that development on PM has ceased, I will release a build of vanilla PM with the remaining clone slots opened and in functional states. You will be able to use my P+P .rels to fill those slots.
Just curious, but is this still being worked on? I would love to add more characters by using the existing clone engine slots over replacing existing characters.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Not to be rude or anything... But correct me if I'm wrong weren't you going to make a tutorial on how to edit the CSS as in add or remove characters and oreder?

Top Bottom