• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Plug+Play .RELs (Module Files) Want to Port Ridley? Come here!/Modding FAQ

Next P+P .REL?

• Peach

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Ganon

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Not to be rude or anything... But correct me if I'm wrong weren't you going to make a tutorial on how to edit the CSS as in add or remove characters and oreder?
If you're referring to my earlier post about using PhantomWing's CSS Organizer, I just never got around to making a tutorial lol. I could still do that if you're interested. If you're talking about the thing Pyotr and the other guy mentioned before, I have no idea.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
If you're referring to my earlier post about using PhantomWing's CSS Organizer, I just never got around to making a tutorial lol. I could still do that if you're interested. If you're talking about the thing Pyotr and the other guy mentioned before, I have no idea.
I mean, I have my ways of doing it, (HxD) but not many understand Hex

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Yes I really would love to learn how to do so. Please Teach/Show me.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Yes I really would love to learn how to do so. Please Teach/Show me.
Hmm, I guess until someone comes up with a tutorial for modifying rearranging the CSS via HxD, I'll make a tutorial of an alternative method. Will get back to you on this hopefully soon.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hmm, I guess until someone comes up with a tutorial for modifying rearranging the CSS via HxD, I'll make a tutorial of an alternative method. Will get back to you on this hopefully soon.
GUI always beats coding except in the case of batch files and PowerShell.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Psst I am that other guy lol. And if Pyotr is ok with it I could a thread with a tutorial on reorganizing the CSS using HxD. But thats about all I can do and it probably won't be that great of a tutorial.

archryn

Smash Cadet
Kind of the opposite of what Solaros asked - do the PMBEX .rel files work for regular PM, or are they specifically for BrawlEx clones? I tried earlier with a Gray Fox over Diddy Kong port, but the game crashed, so I'm not sure if the .rel files are interchangeable or it was simply user error.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Kind of the opposite of what Solaros asked - do the PMBEX .rel files work for regular PM, or are they specifically for BrawlEx clones? I tried earlier with a Gray Fox over Diddy Kong port, but the game crashed, so I'm not sure if the .rel files are interchangeable or it was simply user error.
Grey Fox over Diddy is a Rel Port of Meta Knight over Diddy. This means that Porting Diddy won't make it work instead you'll have Ex Meta Knight Rel

Guel

Smash Journeyman
From my experience they do not. I tried using the ganon PMBeX rel but caused freezing.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
From my experience they do not. I tried using the ganon PMBeX rel but caused freezing.
Not the guy you asked, but I can try it later and see if it works. Using PMBEX .rels in PM and vice versa.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
That would be a huge help, thank you so much!
Sorry for the late response, but I've tried it both ways and it doesn't work. The BrawlEX .rels seem specifically built for BrawlEX, unsurprisingly.

archryn

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the late response, but I've tried it both ways and it doesn't work. The BrawlEX .rels seem specifically built for BrawlEX, unsurprisingly.
Well, as disappointing as that is, I'm fine with waiting until the normal .rel files are released.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Well, as disappointing as that is, I'm fine with waiting until the normal .rel files are released.
Pyotr has been quiet on this thread, so I'm guessing he's been working on the more "requested" projects like Retro Mode and such.

Just wondering, why not use the PM+BX build? Adding character slots is rather easier and more flexible via that build.

Last edited:

archryn

Smash Cadet
Pyotr has been quiet on this thread, so I'm guessing he's been working on the more "requested" projects like Retro Mode and such.

Just wondering, why not use the PM+BX build? Adding character slots is rather easier and more flexible via that build.
I have a modified GCT, so if I used PM+BX, I'd have to start from scratch with my build. Gecko also doesn't want to work for me, so even if I wanted to use it, I couldn't.
Plus that stuff is way over my head so I don't think I could manage anyway.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'm totally lost as to the current discussion. Is someone trying to port ports for PMBX and getting nowhere? That's about all I've gathered at a glance.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally lost as to the current discussion. Is someone trying to port ports for PMBX and getting nowhere? That's about all I've gathered at a glance.
Well, we now have tutorials on how to rearrange the CSS. And we were wondering if the BrawlEX modules could be used in a standard PM build for porting. And vice versa. But unfortunately, they cannot.

TL;DR: Yes

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
So I used a Marth plug+n+play .rel, changed the code to olimar, and replaced the fitpikmin.pac with the fitmarth.pac(Granted, renamed) and replaced all the costumes with This Lucina mod for costumes, and This Lucina Soundmod. The only portrait I changed was the css name above the tiny portrait with the relevant lucina one, and I picked the character, it loaded fine, went to final destination, "3, 2, 1, G-*freeze with beep*". What did I do wrong here?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
So I used a Marth plug+n+play .rel, changed the code to olimar, and replaced the fitpikmin.pac with the fitmarth.pac(Granted, renamed) and replaced all the costumes with This Lucina mod for costumes, and This Lucina Soundmod. The only portrait I changed was the css name above the tiny portrait with the relevant lucina one, and I picked the character, it loaded fine, went to final destination, "3, 2, 1, G-*freeze with beep*". What did I do wrong here?
Not too sure myself, but someone else had the same problem earlier. Follow this discussion of comments. Hope you figure it out.

archryn

Smash Cadet
I actually had the same issue putting Chrom over Olimar. Putting in a code that made Olimar use Ike's SFX seemed to work, but the sounds were... strange. One move would be Roy, the other Lucina, rinse, repeat. I would assume it's due to the code added, but it's the only way to allow Olimar to be ported over properly (for me, at least).

archryn

Smash Cadet
Just curious, why is everyone porting the Lucina mod over Olimar??
Well, I only put Chrom over Olimar because the people that play my build never pick Olimar, but seeing as how his SFX are all out of whack, I'm going to put a Bomberman PSA until Pyotr's is out.
I would keep Olimar if I could but sacrifices have to be made I guess.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
So, what about SFX, then? If you want to put a different character over another, won't that new character have to be silent since the SFX has a different ID?

Also, I hope somebody ports the OoT Ganondorf over Zelda at some point, cause I replaced Shiek and I do not really like playing as Zelda that much, either. Plus, I will save a bunch of time on series logos, as well as a victory theme, too. Choosing Zelda just makes sense to me for that character, as far as convenience goes.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
So, what about SFX, then? If you want to put a different character over another, won't that new character have to be silent since the SFX has a different ID?
Correct. You'd have to make a custom .sawnd and have your character use those SFX IDs instead.

Also, I hope somebody ports the OoT Ganondorf over Zelda at some point, cause I replaced Shiek and I do not really like playing as Zelda that much, either. Plus, I will save a bunch of time on series logos, as well as a victory theme, too. Choosing Zelda just makes sense to me for that character, as far as convenience goes.
You should check out Project M + BrawlEx, no need to replace characters at all. It's a step up from the .rels here that must be placed over an existing character.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
You should check out Project M + BrawlEx, no need to replace characters at all. It's a step up from the .rels here that must be placed over an existing character.
I feel like that barring classic encounters and random, I could spoof the CSS into having Solo Charizard "over" normal Zard's slot. There's an idea, but much learning to be done beforehand :/

Notshane

Smash Ace
Correct. You'd have to make a custom .sawnd and have your character use those SFX IDs instead.
Ah, damn, that sucks. I was putting a character that used Snake's base over Olimar, but Olimar does not have nearly as many sounds to allow this character to be just as good as he was over Snake. He plays just fine and everything, but just does not sound the same; literally. This will be a pain to have to insert myself, given Olimar is silent himself.

But, I am using the most stable Project M 3.61 build and I also want the game to remain stable as well. I hear those custom fan things that get released right away are riddled with bugs and such. And trust me, the CC Master is a primary example of that. That always crashes on me.

D

Deleted member

You would need to redirect their SFX to use someone else's SFX files, unless you want Ridley or whoever sounding like Toon Link. lol

My time to shine! If you want your ported fighter to use someone else's SFX file, start by using the code:

XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY

Replace XXXXXXXX with the codes of the fighter you're porting/replacing over.
A list of XXXXXXXX codes for some fighters... [Under Construction]
CHAR CODES
Mario - 04AD89E0
Isaac - 04AD8A8C
Marth - 04AD8A20
G&W - 04AD8A28
. . .

Replace YYYYYYYY with a character's soundbank ID
[List Under Construction]
Soundbank IDs
Mario - 00000001
Marth - 00000013
CrazyHand - 00000142
. . .

To demonstrate, let's say you want to port a fighter over Isaac and have them use Marth's SFX, so you would use the code 04AD8A8C 00000013 to do so. (04AD8A8C being Isaac's XXXXXXX code, and 00000013 being Marth's soundbank ID.)

Now that you have your new code, hold on to it. The next step is to open RSBE01.gct with the HxD software Pyotr previously linked, and use CTRL-F to find "F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" while using 'Hex values' for your search query.

Paste your code right before the F0 00. . . portion, then click OK on the confirm window. Now save the .gct, then exit. When you start up your build, your ported fighter's SFX should now be redirected.

I'm guessing you want to change Isaac's announcer call, but at the moment that can't be done without changing Mario's announcer call as well. But if you want to change Knuckles' announcer call or whoever, you would need Super Sawndz, the 'smashbros_sound.brsar' file, and a lot of patience.
Do I replace F0 00 or do I add in the new line of code?

Last edited by a moderator:

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I've re-read the main post multiple times in an attempt to understand it, so please excuse me if I'm mistaken but from what I gather, this will allow you to port PSA's that were originally designed for one character over a different character instead?

So just as an example...the Legacy XP's Lucina uses Marth as a base, right?

If I try to transfer her into a normal P:M build, she'd end up replacing Marth if I use the normal method of replacing/renaming her files into Marth's folder.

But if I want to keep Marth while adding in Lucina, I could instead port her over another character I don't use much (let's say Lucario for example) using the P+P.rel for Lucario in the first post?

Am I mistaken? Sorry to have to ask.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm trying to get Project M Legacy XP's Pichu over Lyn, and while I've been successful, Pichu t-stances after doing two jabs. If his Neutral B and Down B are used in midair, he also uses them again automatically once he touches the ground. The rest of his moveset works. Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: I'm guessing this has to do with Lyn's IC constrants. Does anyone know how I can change her IC constrants in the code to Pikachu's? I already know how to open the GCT and edit it directly. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I'm trying to get Project M Legacy XP's Pichu over Lyn, and while I've been successful, Pichu t-stances after doing two jabs. If his Neutral B and Down B are used in midair, he also uses them again automatically once he touches the ground. The rest of his moveset works. Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: I'm guessing this has to do with Lyn's IC constrants. Does anyone know how I can change her IC constrants in the code to Pikachu's? I already know how to open the GCT and edit it directly. Thanks in advance.
Lmao, Lyn to Pichu? Why not Olimar to Pichu? Or, are those damn Pikmin and floating light just too hard to edit out? I suppose that makes sense, then. Does Pichu have all his Melee moveset? Cause if he plays exactly the same as he did there, then I wouldn't mind adding him in. I love that headbutt up smash.

Top Bottom