• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Melee Tourney!! August 16th! Mango and Silent Wolf Team Confirmed!

Noble-

Smash Ace
Ok Mio is hosting a Brawl Tourney on August 16th in Oxnard.
He said that he would run a melee tourney afterward if time permitted.
We all know Brawl takes a while(I.E. Nexus)
And I want to play melee.
I had once told him I would help him run his Brawl Tourney and Bring setups just so melee would run with enough time.
Here is his response

Mio: I will allow you guys to run your own Melee tournament if you could respectfully keep any obnoxious Brawl bashing to a minimum (beyond harmless, discreet joking). But like I said, you guys will have to run the tournament on your own. PM me and we can work something out.

I am willing, along with other Socal smashers to run this melee tournament. I just have to first confirm the details with Mio.

The question's I want to know are
1. Are melee people willing to come?
2. Can you keep the anti-brawl statements to a minimum?( Mio was nice enough to offer this to the melee community/Give us a Venue/Might give us some setups so lets show him some love )
3. Can people bring setups?

Here is the original tournament post
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170944

Mio gave the OK to run the melee tournament!! Woot!!

Here are the details!

Registration
5$ for Singles
10$ for Doubles($5 per person)
(I do not know if there is a venue fee)

Prizes - Singles and Doubles
1st Place - 60% of Pot
2nd Place - 30% of Pot
3rd Place - 10% of Pot

Singles and Doubles Registration Starts at 10:30 A.M.
The tournament will start at 11:30 A.M. You can come as early as 10:00 if you want to get some early practice in.
We will try and get Doubles started at 11:30 A.M.
Singles will follow shortly after doubles is done.

Super Smash Bros. Melee Rules

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Wobbling is banned

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great B

-Thanks to Mike Haze for the rules

Need Doubles Rules POSTED!! Some help PLX! :DDD

We also need setups!! I'm thinking at least 5-10 would be enough
The more T.V.'s the better!! Since Silent Wolf is coming and he wants to play.
I want to have at least 1 or 2 T.V.'s for Friendlies open so you can play him in between tournament matches.
But please if you are called for a match people do them! We don't want to hold up the tourney because of one person!
There will be plenty of time to play friendlies once the tournament is done!(If everything goes smoothly)

Bring them Please!!
GameCube's/Wii's
1. Pat
2. Festizzio
3. Connor
4. Tofu
5. P
6. Someone From 805(Embrace, Replicate, Lovage)/Sekihoutai/

T.V.'s
1. Pat
2. Festizzio
3. Connor
4. Tofu
5. P
6. Someone From 805(Embrace, Replicate, Lovage)/Sekihoutai/

Tournament will be located at "Café on A / Rudy Acuña Art Gallery"
438 S. A Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 487-8170 <---Number of the Gallery

If you have any questions about the Melee tournament or would like to discuss something
Feel free to contact any of the tournament organizers!
1. Me
2. Lovage
3. Atlus
4. Mango(Maybe)
This will be the first time, I personally have helped run a tournament so please bear with me! I'm noob T_T
Lets not also forget to HAVE FUN!!! WOOT!

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wow, that'd be the most amazing Bday present EVER! I know I'd like it. Anyways, screw Brawl, let's wreck the tourny! LoL, j/k, but seriously we should definitetly try our best to harass the Brawl players as much as possible, even if it means getting kicked out. YOU GOTTA STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN MEN! But for realz, Brawl sucks. Anyways, Brawl sucks. And yeah pretty much Brawl sucks. I probably won't be able to make it...:lick:

jopez4u

Smash Apprentice
let's do it hahaha now it's just a tournament moved from pat's house to oxnard... YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Almost positive I can make it, should know for sure within the next couple of days.

replicate - I made your avatar =D

mio

Smash Ace
You guys have the right to your own opinions, I'm just kindly asking that you be considerate of the type of event and people that you'll be involved with (Brawl noobs as you call them). I'm more than happy to have Melee, but this is primarily a Brawl tournament for the Brawl community... so please try to remember that.

As for equipment, I'm sad to say that I won't be able to offer any. All that I get I will be using for the Brawl sections, and I can't guarantee extras unless a lot of people bring their stuff. To be safe, I would recommend bring all of your own stations.

replicate

Smash Lord
Almost positive I can make it, should know for sure within the next couple of days.

replicate - I made your avatar =D
lmao I know, you told me before in a melee vs brawl debate

mio--everybody in the melee community is cool, but when you start off by saying "don't do this" and already making justifications like "everybody is entitled to their own opinion," it just adds more fuel to the fire (which, incidentally, is almost entirely a joke). People will be cool, don't you worry about it.

mio

Smash Ace
mio--everybody in the melee community is cool, but when you start off by saying "don't do this" and already making justifications like "everybody is entitled to their own opinion," it just adds more fuel to the fire (which, incidentally, is almost entirely a joke). People will be cool, don't you worry about it.
I know that melee players are cool, but whenever I have gone on the boards, to tournaments or smashfests where Melee is involved, I have never not heard Brawl bashing. I respect the game and everything that comes with it, but I just don't want it to interfere like I've clearly seen it do in the past. It's not about adding fuel to the fire, this is not a debate. You guys are asking me for a favor, so this is my polite request.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
trust, everyone is WAAAY too into playing playing and enjoying and getting better at melee to discuss brawl. no one cares about brawl. only queers like kouryuuxfighter or something would obsess and discuss something they claim not to like.

so outside of maybe a random harmless "LOL WOULDN'T HAPPEN IN BRAWL!" joke, you're making something out of nothing

Zodiac

Smash Master
Well If I can get a ride with somone down to cali I could make it

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
What about Melee bashing? Oh right, that's cuz Melee ***** and brawl sucks d!cks.

It's true. Online Brawl bashing looks pretty bad but if you see Socal's Melee Community in person you understand. Just think of it as.... Discussion.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
alright check it, 805 (me replicate and embrace) tank it down to eveeeeeeeeerryyyy melee tourny, so the LEAST you can do is come to ours. if anyone needs housing, im sure we can all house, including me.

and holy **** if SW is coming to this ill be so happy

but anyway, everyone please come! and bring tvs! :)

mio

Smash Ace
What about Melee bashing? Oh right, that's cuz Melee ***** and brawl sucks d!cks.
I won't allow any Melee bashing either. I just don't want either game to conflict with one another.

Now the question is, how many TVs do you think you guys would be using? And what time do you want to run your tournament?

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
@Connor: Bring your mom to the tourney, then take her to the Camarillo Outlets and buy her something. This tournament has been delayed a few times already.

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
1 TV for every 3 Melee person is good...
But if we consider converts we might want 1 TV for every 2 people

Mio, Your tourney is gonna ****. Can the venue even hold everyone?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Connor, you suck. We could be getting so good in teams if you'd go to freaking tournaments! Mom bday johns, but johns nonetheless.

as a result i'm prolly not going to this :(

Top Bottom