• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overswarm's PROVE IT Contest!

Silhouette

Smash Lord
We already play on these stages. >_>

You whippersnappers stop talking about your hip-hop rock shows and start listenin' to Motzart! It's been around thousands of years, yer internet music is just a fad I tell you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Z_k50ltkY&feature=related
(not related)

why did I bring this back to life....Guys stop discussing this. Theres absolutely no point. Nobody will play on these stages ever. Evvvvveeeeerr.
If nobody will ever play on them, then there is no problem in the first place, what would it matter if its a CP or not if it wont get played? Think before you post.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"I don't need to make sense on a site made for talking with other people."

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I believe you just satisfied your "win" quota for the month, Ankoku. 8 days in, that's a new record.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Grammatically the sentence did not make sense but his intended meaning was clear. Thus making what he said relevant because we could make sense of it even though it was technically incorrect.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Grammatically the sentence did not make sense but his intended meaning was clear. Thus making what he said relevant because we could make sense of it even though it was technically incorrect.
Ankoku was referring to the statement of "grammar does not apply here", not the previous statement.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
If you don't like OS's rules, don't come...like me :)

The last circuit event was like half locals and I don't think had anyone there outside of Ohio and Kentucky.

Also, I miss the days of King Beef threatening to kill people and stuff.

<3 King Beef

Dnyce

Smash Master
Somehow I knew... I knew there wasn't any posts before Sliq in the past 2 years.

-dead-

*hasn't been in this forum since it started*

-dip-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey guys, remember when no one tried to do this and *****ed anyway but everyone still showed up to all the events? :B

Roller

Smash Legend
Remember this post?

Eighteenspikes is pretty much right. Sure, I can make a video of say Dedede getting a percent/stock lead on some characters then camping the left part of Onett, where fighting is extremely in his favor if the character is chain grabbable. The problem is OS's criteria for banning is way to lax so it won't matter what anyone presents. Either it will be player stupidity for the non-Dedede to get percent/stock advantage, or that it nullifies slightly over half the cast isn't enough characters made useless, or some wrong explanation about how cars can stop this, or just default to the video not containing enough pro players in a tournament setting.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's up to them to prove it. If he can't describe how a stock lead is something worth considering since every game always has a player with a stock lead at least at one point, that's on him.

Regardless, people from MI *****ing and then finding an avenue to prove themselves and instead continuing to ***** is nothing new.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Didn't really feel like holding your hand, plus when you guys held a tournament the same day as a circuit event we nearly doubled your attendance, so I figured it was a moot point by then. :B

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
Lol I actually thought this might stay on topic from the description .... Then I opened the thread.
-_-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nah.

The backstory is thus:

OS made Circuit
OS made it for MW:E
OS made it with many legal stages, including actual custom stages*
MI was like Say WHAAAAT
MI complained about dumbness of stages
OS said prove it
OS said prove it with a contest
MI made a tournament same day as a circuit event in Lexington
OS circuit event in Lexington had many more entrants, with MI being a graveyard in comparison (and I got to play Judo's sheik for the first time, beating it with one stock victories but leaving impressed nontheless!)
OS circuit went fine***

*the custom stages were studied, results noted, usage noted, etc. Ultimately found that custom stages WORKED and worked well, but didn't ultimately add much more to the game due to the limitations of the stage builder. While some of the stages were more popular than many of the neutrals (Equity and Libra were big hits, especially Equity), it is my personal opinion that it isn't really worth the trouble to go through. Fun, neat, but not really worth the trouble unless you just want to do that neat thing.

They were originally meant to be used for Cataclysm 5 in addition to a stage from a custom stage contest, but Cat 5 didn't happen as such.

*** Except for the finals, which never really happened. Because of a multitude of tournaments and the MLG season starting up in addition to other complications, we just decided to say "no finals" and I handed out the money as is. Despite getting first in my own circuit, I distributed about 75% of my singles money to the other top 5 players as there were no finals for them to improve their standing.

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
Oh ok ...
That makes a bit more sense now ;D
Ty Overswarm lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You weren't even a blip on the radar when I played, and I was so financially successful with MK I was able to quit my job and live off it. If you're trying to do some "state rivalry" thing, I live in Kentucky and play with Ohio and don't really care about either state. So, good luck on that.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm not commenting on anything other than you *****ing about him being banned to the extent you wont show up to tourneys with him.

Yet you promote the use of silly stages, because nobody cares to show you hard evidence acceptable to your definitions that they are bannable.

You are encouraging contradictory methods of dealing with bans.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm not commenting on anything other than you *****ing about him being banned to the extent you wont show up to tourneys with him.

Yet you promote the use of silly stages, because nobody cares to show you hard evidence acceptable to your definitions that they are bannable.

You are encouraging contradictory methods of dealing with bans.
You don't think we have evidence to ban Meta Knight? We have literally years worth, and are currently building comparisons with today's MK-banned metagame for further comparison.

Judo777

Smash Master
Nah.

The backstory is thus:

OS made Circuit
OS made it for MW:E
OS made it with many legal stages, including actual custom stages*
MI was like Say WHAAAAT
OS said prove it
OS said prove it with a contest
MI made a tournament same day as a circuit event in Lexington
OS circuit event in Lexington had many more entrants, with MI being a graveyard in comparison (and I got to play Judo's sheik for the first time, beating it with one stock victories but leaving impressed nontheless!)
OS circuit went fine***

*the custom stages were studied, results noted, usage noted, etc. Ultimately found that custom stages WORKED and worked well, but didn't ultimately add much more to the game due to the limitations of the stage builder. While some of the stages were more popular than many of the neutrals (Equity and Libra were big hits, especially Equity), it is my personal opinion that it isn't really worth the trouble to go through. Fun, neat, but not really worth the trouble unless you just want to do that neat thing.

They were originally meant to be used for Cataclysm 5 in addition to a stage from a custom stage contest, but Cat 5 didn't happen as such.

*** Except for the finals, which never really happened. Because of a multitude of tournaments and the MLG season starting up in addition to other complications, we just decided to say "no finals" and I handed out the money as is. Despite getting first in my own circuit, I distributed about 75% of my singles money to the other top 5 players as there were no finals for them to improve their standing.
Yea equity was a VERY fun stage. It was smaller than any currently existing stage, but had space that was created by the platform arrangement. I didn't even know about platform canceling back then, it would be super fun to try that again.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, I'd really like for custom stages to be more worthwhile for tournament use but with the exception of a few good stages like Equity, most custom stages that have been created have been bad. On top of that, it has the whole "does this stage travel" thing.

We originally were going to use them for Cat 5 to see if other places 'picked them up' for practice, but that fell through. Never had the drive to host my own large national and make custom stages work.

Top Bottom