• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overswarm's PROVE IT Contest!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Only for the sample size of those who attend your circuit events (25-35 regulars?). Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see the appeal behind free entry (a $25 value) or two NES games (a $16 value) for anyone who isn't already interested in going to an event in the first place. By your consistent stance of "if you don't like it, don't come," though, I guess that makes sense.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
It's not a troll. The MI posts are the troll posts ;)

My contest is still open until the end date.

If no one enters, it just proves me right.....
Thats because the best trolls in the world are from michigan. No but its dead, and your done.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Only for the sample size of those who attend your circuit events (25-35 regulars?). Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see the appeal behind free entry (a $25 value) or two NES games (a $16 value) for anyone who isn't already interested in going to an event in the first place. By your consistent stance of "if you don't like it, don't come," though, I guess that makes sense.
Thread never was for MI players. Lain just came in and posted while drunk and then the lesser MI players came in. This is actually for the "regulars" to the circuit; it gives them more ample control.

Plus, if someone really thinks a stage is dumb and wants it gone and can prove to me it should be removed, it'd be gone everywhere after I banned it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You tried, OS.

Sadly, you don't have enough influence over the masses.

It would take a man like Lain, Ally, M2K, or Captain Falcon to get the majority of people working hard for this :/

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
You tried, OS.

It would take a man like Lain, Ally, M2K, or Captain Falcon to get the majority of people working hard for this :/
Just because those three will embrace it doesnt mean we're all gonna follow mindlessly.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You tried, OS.

My goal wasn't to influence; if it was, I'd have just pushed for another SBR ruleset and pushed to make this an SBR project headed by someone else and would have given prizes for that.

My goal in this is to see if all the people that like to complain about stages would be willing to put forth the energy to do anything about it. I've always told people just to ignore the complainers unless they have information that shows why a stage should be removed, but I had never really pushed them in any way to try to prove it... so I figured I'd give it a shot. If anyone complains after February and they didn't even attempt at entering the contest, what could they possibly say?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You tried, OS.

No offense to any of them, but I would likely not follow the lead of any of those four (sorry, Falcon, that hand of yours glowing with an awesome power just doesn't cut it) for even half of their ideas. Sorry if some of us gave off the impression of appearing to be sheep, though.

Oh wait, it's you. You were done five pages ago.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You tried, OS.

I lol'd.

So we don't have minds of our own now?

bobson

Smash Lord
If anyone complains after February and they didn't even attempt at entering the contest, what could they possibly say?
Probably something like "the stage is so gay it obviously needs to be banned, I didn't need to make a video to prove it."

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Probably something like "the stage is so gay it obviously needs to be banned, I didn't need to make a video to prove it."
Then they're lazy and not willing to further the community via the "obvious truths" they know, and thus can be ignored ;)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm as mellow as can be now, so as of now you'll all see my civil qualities when I question something/speak in general. :3

@ Topic- Well couldn't that logic be reversed toward your stance OS? Even though all stages are already included in the game and players (I suppose I'm talking majority here) took it upon themselves to pick and choose what stages stayed legal/CP and what stages got banned, couldn't they (the majority) be the ones to ask for video proof of why some stages shouldn't be banned, even if their initial ban criteria may have been lacking in solid factual proof? This could also be a "you post videos with evidence as to why stages should stay, just to prove the majority's initial judgments wrong" kind of thing.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I'm as mellow as can be now, so as of now you'll all see my civil qualities when I question something/speak in general. :3

@ Topic- Well couldn't that logic be reversed toward your stance OS? Even though all stages are already included in the game and players (I suppose I'm talking majority here) took it upon themselves to pick and choose what stages stayed legal/CP and what stages got banned, couldn't they (the majority) be the ones to ask for video proof of why some stages shouldn't be banned, even if their initial ban criteria may have been lacking in solid factual proof? This could also be a "you post videos with evidence as to why stages should stay, just to prove the majority's initial judgments wrong" kind of thing.
That doesn't really make any sense. You can play decent matches on any stage, even the super-janky ones like Rumble Falls and 75m. Proving something isn't broken is just nonsensical. There's a reason our legal system's motto thing is "innocent until proven guilty." Do you know how impossible it would be in most circumstances to "prove" yourself innocent?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Only because people are more easily convinced with "evidence" they can perceive.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No Ankoku. It is because evidence you can't perceive isn't evidence. You can take off the quotation marks.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Things you can perceive are not necessarily evidence. The quotation marks stay.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't respect him enough to use his name when it's not necessary.

:<

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Uhhhmmmm. . . . . . .

This test is too easy. **** guys, this is like 10 free dollars. Excuse me while I go win this and get me some Mario games.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That doesn't really make any sense. You can play decent matches on any stage, even the super-janky ones like Rumble Falls and 75m. Proving something isn't broken is just nonsensical. There's a reason our legal system's motto thing is "innocent until proven guilty." Do you know how impossible it would be in most circumstances to "prove" yourself innocent?
Nonsensical to you maybe. But this is smash, not the legal system.
I call it equal terms.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alright, I like the abilities to rip youtube in a format that will work in windows media player, so instead I'll present my information here

Metaknight can abuse this stage with no room for punishing, pure and simple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVaYbC1SuE

Notice how with he can activate the invincibility cape while still in invincibility frames, allowing him to move from edge to edge with no punishment what so ever. Now, the first reaction you might get is "Stalling is banned" Forget stalling, this can be abused for offensive purpose as well, letting Metaknight force his way to whatever part of the stage he wants. Then there is his B cancel on his side B, also making him unpunishable. Yes, he can do that on Battelfield too, but in no way to the same extent. Then as you can also see, he can cancel his up b right into a down smahs, which thanks to his cape will be easily set up as he moves underneath you. This stage allows Metaknight to surpass perhaps his only weakness, his lack of aerial maneuverability by giving him the ability to move flautlessly through the stage, with 0 opportunity of being punished.

Gameplay example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0nc8l0XKEY

G Money is a power ranked player. At the time, Red was a next to no one. This was a very early tourney for him.
One thing to note first, the bubble at 3:33. Coming out of the bubble, Metaknight is not as vulnerable as every other character thanks to his down smash and up b.
Generally, you'd imagine the lava would fix stalling, but not with Metaknight. Thanks to his side b and multi-jumps, he can camp off the stage, then side b flawlessly onto the edge. The stalling opportunities for Metaknight here are simply too great. At 6:44 you can also see him attempting to do the same with the horizontal lava, while actually failing at aiming for the edge, but that was a player mistake, and a player mistake should not factor into stages being legal or not.

an poor example of offense Metaknight abuse the stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbLTzmnxvno

this stage has been banned for a long time, so finding tournament matches to showcase the troubles on this stage is hard.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
why did I bring this back to life....Guys stop discussing this. Theres absolutely no point. Nobody will play on these stages ever. Evvvvveeeeerr.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nonsensical to you maybe. But this is smash, not the legal system.
I call it equal terms.
It's not just the legal system, that's logic.

It's impossible to prove a negative.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
why did I bring this back to life....Guys stop discussing this. Theres absolutely no point. Nobody will play on these stages ever. Evvvvveeeeerr.

We already play on these stages. >_>

You whippersnappers stop talking about your hip-hop rock shows and start listenin' to Motzart! It's been around thousands of years, yer internet music is just a fad I tell you!

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
We already play on these stages. >_>

You whippersnappers stop talking about your hip-hop rock shows and start listenin' to Motzart! It's been around thousands of years, yer internet music is just a fad I tell you!
Whos we? You and more people nobody cares about?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Guys, he has 84 posts, is from MI, and is a no-name Smash player.

He's a troll. =P

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Guys, hes the most hated person in the smash community, has no life.

he's a terribadfailscrub.
haha Actually, OS is a really cool and intelligent person. He's probably the kindest guy you would meet IRL at tournaments... Very helpful and all that good stuff. He's probably hated online but gets more love (no homo) in person...also is a teacher with a degree....Tee hee

Oh yeah, the Most important thing is...........GOD KAIS!!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Can you imagine me educating your children?

CAN YOU IMAGINE?!

(god kais)

Top Bottom