• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overswarm's Board Game Club

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Alrighty, in the future I'm going to be running some strategic online board games here; Smashboards will be the forum in which we discuss the game and our actions in-game. Sometimes these games might have prizes, provided by me (but no entry fee). In the future maybe we'd have tournaments or competitive games with entry fees of some sort, but for now, no.

How this works

You simply post in this thread that you're interested in playing with this group. I will add you to the list, and then you'll be messaged later and asked if you want to participate in an upcoming game. If you'd like you can mention which games you really want to play or games you'd never play, but if you say "I'm interested" and are added to the list, I'll still contact you for whatever game.

Players for the games are decided by me, then PMed privately. I will continue down the list until I get a full game. I'll decide players based off of who hasn't played a game in some time, who isn't currently AWOL in DGames, etc., the goal being to let everyone have a chance to play different games. In some cases I may have more than one game at once.

Games will ultimately be decided by me, but it goes without saying that if everyone wants to play Risk and is saying so in the forums than a game of Risk would probably be a better choice than Diplomacy. Likewise, if we played a game of Diplomacy it is more likely that the next game would be something like Monopoly or Scrabble rather than Risk, which is similar to Diplomacy.

In the case that we have too many people to play a single game, I may run it tournament style.

Some of these games may be played in one sitting while others may be played over a longer period of time. The format and game will be announced simultaneously.

Current games

In no particular order:

Risk
Diplomacy
Monopoly
Agricola
Scrabble
Chess (tournament style only, generally round robin)
Dominion
Settlers of Catan
Hex (tournament style only, generally round robin)
Blokus
Stratego (tournament style only, generally round robin or swiss format)
Go

We may, in the future, play traditional card games (poker, hearts, euchre) or lighter board games / arcade games, but those would be done outside of smashboards so for now we will be sticking to board games. If you have an idea for a game that isn't listed above, feel free to add it! Try to keep them in the "strategy" vein, and try to make it more complex than something like connect 4.

After I get some interest, I'll go ahead and send out the PMs for the first game (there will be a prize for the victor). Once we get some consistent interest this thread can be converted and we can have a consistent board-gaming DGames presence with a sign-up list like with Mafia. It'd be a good way to introduce people from outside our community to mafia as well!

Current Player List: 17

Overswarm
Scarecrow
Sworddancer
ChiboSempai
Brosuke
FrozenFlame
Gheb
Soupamario
Werekill
J
Red Ryu
Nich
GLG
Raziek
Clownbot
Asdioh
Dabuz
Joey
Adumbrodeus
Marthoneman or whatever his name was at the top of page 2

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
/in

The first game we play has to be risk. I've only played that game once before, but when I did it was incredibly fun.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sign me up. I have no interest in playing Hex, Chess, Risk, or Diplomacy though so count me out for those. I also would definitely play hearts and euchre in the future if those get added.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Definetely interested. =D
I'm definantly in.

:phone:
You two.... :urg:
I'm definitely interested :]

:059:
Definitely in for this. By the way, I'd like to nominate one of my favorite games, War of the Ring.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9609/war-of-the-ring

It's got a nice online client, and rules posted online, and trust me, it's an awesome game if you have time to play it. (It's a bit of a time investment, 2-4 hours).
Good job.

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

With that said, in for Monopoly. Idk about the others, I'd have to hear how they work, I don't even know some of them.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I don't even know like half the games on that list. @_@

I am interested, however! I'd probably be willing to play Monopoly, Scrabble, and maybe even some Risk and Chess.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I saw this thread and thought to myself "sure, anything but Risk" and then
/in

The first game we play has to be risk. I've only played that game once before, but when I did it was incredibly fun.
hehe

I always see it spelled "defiantly" and I'm like :|

Anyway, I'm fairly interested in Chess and Scrabble, and maybe Monopoly. The rest, maybe. Risk, no. :p spent too much boring time playing Risk on that one online site.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
/in so quick. I am defiantly in this.

Also, would you consider Pokemon Master Trainer? Almost serious.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Does it have an online component? :p

Also, speaking of online components, if you guys know of any good places to play these games or games you suggest online, let me know! There can be multiple places to play, and sometimes (especially with games like risk or monopoly) there can be difficulty finding a good venue.

This is a good response, so I might start the first game soon.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Does it have an online component? :p

Also, speaking of online components, if you guys know of any good places to play these games or games you suggest online, let me know! There can be multiple places to play, and sometimes (especially with games like risk or monopoly) there can be difficulty finding a good venue.

This is a good response, so I might start the first game soon.
pogo.com

has scrabble, usta play it with AiB chat room nerds

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I looked at pogo.com, it seems to have 30 second ads between turns and a pretty confusing interface.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I haven't been to Pogo in forever, but didn't a lot of the games there require a premium account?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.conquerclub.com/ this is where I played Risk. It's a little confusing at first, especially when I literally didn't remember how to play the game.
Doodle Earth is the best map btw.

We could always go to omgpop.com and play Swapples too lolol

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, I know plenty of online diplomacy sites, and the War of the Ring game I suggested has a pretty nice online client (linked in the board game geek page I linked to in my last post here).

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

thisthisthisthisthis

I'd be so ****ing down. I've only ever played the first version of the game, but I heard there was a G/S version of it. Anyone ever play that or know if its any good?

Also, Settlers of Catan is easy to play online here with up to 4 players: http://games.asobrain.com/

Has all the expansions too, and real talk, if it ain't Cities and Knights it's ****in' done yo. Once you play that expansion going back to original is like pulling ****ing teeth.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude, I never even completely understood the rules of Pokemon Master Trainer, but it was still more fun than monopoly.

I'll play Risk and I'll learn Stratego or how to play Chess at a higher level.

Why isn't Go on the list? I'm not good at all, but I'm interested in learning that game.

Top Bottom