• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Overswarm reporting at MLG D.C.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Have any questions you want to ask to the world's top players?

Post them here and I might give 'em to a pro.

napZzz

Smash Hero
ask ally why he's a wh0re who cant decide what character to play and keeps going back to snake as soon as he wins again

Ally Fanboy

Smash Rookie
Just let Ally know that I'll always root for him no matter how he places but I know he is going to win this one. Go Ally!

And ask him if he's ever considered marriage.

Life

Smash Hero
If you're talking to Pika mains, ask them how that footstool thread on the Pika board is influencing/will influence them at this tournament. (Since I'm too lazy to link: it's titled "**** on... wait... almost everybody?")

clowsui

Smash Legend
Lee Martin: With your fantastic amount of experience against Diddy Kong through Gnes, are you feeling confident against ADHD should you guys reach each other?
MikeHAZE: At the past few MLGs you haven't done as well as you wanted to. What are matchups or parts of your game that you have been working on in order to prepare for this event?
ESAM: Despite the fact that Marth vs. Pikachu is commonly believed to be a disadvantaged matchup for Pikachu, you seem to be of the opinion that it is close to even. With that in mind, are you confident that you will be able to defeat Havok, should you and him meet and provided that he uses Marth?
NickRiddle: Given that there is a high influx of NY/NJ players at MLG DC (ANTI, Ksizzle, Nairo come to mind) that have extensive experience against Zero Suit through Snakeee, PatG and Ksizzle, are you feeling any more nervous than usual?
DSF: You have been on a hiatus for the past few months; since MLG Orlando you have entered very few if any tournaments on the West Coast. Have you been doing anything to prepare for this event given your long break from Smash? Are you confident that you can replicate your impressive performance at MLG Orlando here in DC?
DEHF: At MLG Raleigh and MLG Columbus you were not able to place nearly as high as you did at APEX 2010, the only tournament of similar scale that you have attended between those two tournaments. How are you feeling about this MLG and your placement?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
-ChuDat, Junebug, Boss, Korn, and any other MD/VA player: Usually players seem to have done better when their region is the location for the tourney. Proof by ESAM's performance at Orlando, and others like Krystedez at Columbus. Do you think that you'll place really well considering that?
-Inui: After your stellar performance at APEX, do you think you can become a serious threat this tourney? How high are you placing in doubles this tourney? Who'll be your biggest threats in doubles?
-GIMR: You've been doing well the past few tournies, do you think you can up your game here as well? You're a rising player and what place do you think you'll get? Who do you think you can beat?
-Anyone: Shaky or san? Who will place higher and why? Who's a bigger threat to you?
-Will: You've done amazing at KTAR 3, taking down Atomsk. How do you think you can do here?
-Choice: You've placed very high in MLG. You think you can take on anyone above your level or is there a block against you?
-AlphaZealot: How is the tournament going as far as rules go? Any big DQ's this time or have people finally been more careful after what happened at Raleigh? Do you think anything serious will happen or do you think the changes in the ruleset will prevent what happened at Raleigh?
-Lee Martin: Besides Mew2King, who's your biggest threat?
-Malcolm: Do you finally think you'll place high in this tournament? Will Wario ever get top 8 in MLG this year? Top 12?
-San: Since you're seeded higher, are you going to place very high in this tourney? Who do you feel you'll be able to take on in tourney? Has your loss to IcyLight back in Mass shaken you up at all?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
See more of this on mlgpro.com

:D

(you're welcome)

Mew2King
Q: Who are you afraid of?
A: Lots of people. Everyone. Seriously, when I underestimate people, I do poorly. I underestimated Brood and after the first game I kept running into him and doing stupid things. It cost me. I won’t underestimate anyone ever again.
Q: Who do you think has the best chance to beat you?
A: ADHD. He will beat me.
“I plan on playing much more patient this event. The best part about it is no one goes after me when I go off stage! I have to because of the lag on the TVs. Lag supports defensive play. I can run up and shield and just react to whatever they do.”
NinjaLink
Q: Last time you got DQ’d versus DEHF, then had to play him again in Losers Bracket with two games down. Do you think you’ll win if you play DEHF this time?
A: Yeah, definitely. The DQ was really disheartening. I was one spot away from the money, ya know?
Q: Who are you worried about this tournament?
A: MKs in general. Anything can happen with Meta Knight.
ESAM
Q: Who are you afraid of?
A: Mew2King, ADHD, and Lee Martin. I have to play the winner of ADHD and Lee Martin, assuming there’s no upsets. Lucario is super lame.
Q: You have to play Havok before you play the winner of ADHD and Lee Martin. How will you do against Havok
A: I’m going to wreck Havok. 
Nick Riddle
Q: How’d you win vs. DEHF in such a hard matchup? ZSS vs. Falco is considered near impossible for ZSS!
A: First game I got a gimp, second game he destroyed me, third game he SD’d.
Q: Do you think you’ll win if you play DEHF again?
A: I don’t know.
Q: Who are you afraid to play?
A: Ally’s picked up an MK, that could be scary. DEHF as always, Seibrik is from my home state and can beat me. I’ve got Mew2King though, he’s easy.
Q: You’ve consistently done well, and overcome a multitude of obstacles; many of which you predicted and prepared for in advance. What obstacles do you have left to overcome?
A: Unknown players. I’ve beaten every MK I’ve played except for Mew2King, and that sounds great in my head, but in reality that’s basically just Tyrant. There are tons of good players I haven’t played yet, and they can be trouble.
Lee Martin
Q: Who are you afraid to play?
A: Steel Samurai, he’s my greatest fear. (laughs) I don’t want to play Anti.
Q: Do you think you’ll beat Mew2King if you play him again?
A: I have a much better chance than last time.
Q: What is the most underrated character, in your opinion?
A: Peach. She’s very underrated.
Mew2King
Q: What Meta Knight has the best chance of beating you?
A: Lee Martin. He’s gotten a lot better recently. He’s really good at the ditto now.
Atomsk
Q: At MLG Raleigh, you got DQed from Winners Bracket early on. Do you think this affected your placement? How would you have done otherwise?
A: Top eight. I could have beaten Kel and ADHD and been basically guaranteed top 5.
Q: Do you think you can beat Kel if you play him again?
A: I can lose, but I think I have an advantage when we play.
Q: Who is your biggest threat this tournament?
A: Havok. I can’t beat him for some reason!
Ally
Q: You lost to Havok and got 17th, your lowest placing ever, at MLG Raleigh. Do you think you’ll do better this time around? Will you beat Havok?
A: Maybe. I think I’ll do better, but Havok’s good. I don’t care about placement, just the money I want.
Q: It’s been said you’ve picked up MK and he’s gotten pretty good. Is this true?
A: I beat Seibrik in MK dittos, so I guess.
Q: Do you still consider yourself Mew2King’s biggest threat?
A: No. He’s got others, but his bracket is mostly Meta Knight’s this time.
“I have glasses now, so I can see everything Mew2King does this time!”
“Anti is coming in with zero points, I worry about playing him first round. San too, I don’t want to play San. Mew2King should play him and trip into forward smashes.”
“I hope to see a lot of upsets this tournament. I think it’d be good for MLG is Mew2King lost a legit set this time.”
Kel
Q: You got past Atomsk at Raleigh when he got DQ’d and ended up getting 10th. How do you think you’ll place this tournament?
A: I don’t know. I haven’t played much; only one tournament in the past 5 weeks.
Q: If you play Atomsk, do you think you’ll win?
A: Yes.
Q: Is there anything at MLG D.C. you want to see happen?
A: I want to see Mew2King and Idra play each other in Halo Reach.

DEHF
Q: Do you want a rematch with Nick Riddle?
A: Yes! I’ll win this time.
Q: Do you feel Falco’s bad matchups hold you back?
A: No, not really. To an extent, yeah, but you can say that about any matchup.
Havok
Q: You beat Ally last time, giving him the lowest placing ever. Do you think you’ll beat him if you meet again?
A: Yeah.
Q: You lost to Tyrant, another Meta Knight. Do you consider him a strong threat? Will you beat him this time around?
A: Yeah, I’ll definitely win this time. He no longer has his afro. Without the ‘fro he can’t win. (laughs)
Q: Would you have beaten Felix if you had beaten Tyrant in Raleigh?
A: No. Diddy, good Diddys, are really tough. ADHD is a huge threat to me too.
Q: You’ve primarily played Meta Knight recently. Do you think you’ll pull out your Marth this tournament?
A: Yeah, if I get far enough I might pull him out against Ally.
Malcom
Q: How do you think you’ll place at this tournament?
A: I think it’ll be my best MLG so far. I’ve seen my bracket, it’s definitely doable.
Q: You’ve had some tough matches against King Dedede in the past. Coney, an MD/VA Dedede, is in your bracket. You’ve practiced this matchup a lot with him. Do you think this exclusive practice with Coney will help you in your match?
A: I think it hurts me and helps him, really. If I get a good read on him, that’s great. If he gets a read on me, that’s worth a lot more. For me it’s a few hits but for him it’s a chaingrab across the stage or a kill at 100%.
Q: There’s yet to be a Wario to make top 8 at an MLG. Who do you think will be the first to do it?
A: I go to most of them, so hopefully me! If not me, Bassem or DMG can do it at MLG Dallas.

Coney
Q: If you and Malcolm win your matches, you’ll play Round three. You’ve been practicing the Dedede vs. Wario matchup with Malcolm specifically because of his Dedede problems at MLG events. What do you think of the matchup?
A: It’s incredibly stressful. Malcom’s really smart and is super careful. If I beat him, everyone will just say “Oh, a Dedede beat a Wario” but if I lose… people will go nuts.
Q: Who do you think the practice helped more, you or Malcolm?
A: Both, really. It’ll be a really close match. Malcom’s really talented and he can use what he’s learned really well.

Tyrant

Q: You made Havok go Snake against you in Raleigh. You’ve beaten many MKs. Do you have the ability to beat Mew2King?
A: I have about a 43% chance of beating him, but he has more than a 57% chance of beating me. More like 70%. The math doesn’t make sense, but neither does Mew2King.
Q: Do you think you have issues against Diddy?
A: It depends. I don’t get much practice against Diddy except at Nationals when they’re at their best. Adapting to the different styles is hard. Some are like ADHD, some are like Felix… It’s really stage dependent too.

Count

Smash Champion
Good job on the updates OS :)

Hope you're having fun, looking forward to tomorrow. Kinda miss running around and doing your job, haha.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Dear Mew2King,

How do you feel about losing to Shaky & Nick Riddle?
What is the hardest thing for you when fighting Olimar?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I kinda feel bad that I said I would wreck havok then he beat me...

:(

Mike Haze was easy mode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom