• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
Holy ****, Diamond Dogs!
Is... is it true?
Calling it now the compilation is an MGS Anniversary collection and Snake's Returning to Smash. Last year was Metal Gears 30th Anniversary.
That would be a dream come true.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Holy ****, Diamond Dogs!
Is... is it true?
Calling it now the compilation is an MGS Anniversary collection and Snake's Returning to Smash. Last year was Metal Gears 30th Anniversary.
On one hand, this could mean that we're getting older every day, and it wasn't intended to have a deeper meaning.

On the other hand, SNAKE HYPE!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well, once again its all come down to this guys. Im excited, but like always ready for the worst. They are the most exciting times, and stressful for smash bros fans. Heres hoping for a snake reveal, and all the trimmings.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, Diamond Dogs. Expect the worst. Hope for the best.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Snake, SNAKE! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is the most amazing game I have ever seen in my life...

Snake is back baby. Might not see ya'll for a little bit. As a mod I got a LOT of work to do.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It's no "kept you waiting, huh?" but the small beat just before he appeared was pretty good.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We’ve waited so long for this! And it’s finally here! Man we’ve been through so much everybody, but Snake is finally home, and we brought him here!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I just wanted to drop by and congratulate everyone today. We did it, not only is he back, but he's back by popular demand. Our support and ballot votes had to have a hand in this. It's a great day.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Found out how to get the character images from the official site. Here's Snake's:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Found out how to get the character images from the official site. Here's Snake's:

I LOVE that pose! Can't wait to see it as an amiibo!!

Good News everyone! David Hayter to reprise his role as Snake.:

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1006578441351770117
This is great news! Sakurai is such a miracle man that Hayter can finally voice again his boy!

Also, I thing that I noticed on the official site. They changed the Metal Gear Icon from the FoxHound logo to the icon "!", probably because that was also the symbol of Kojima Production. An interesting detail to say the least.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm literally shocked that Snake is back in Smash Bros, after all the stuff with Konami, but whatever happened, Sakurai-san is a magician. I have no idea how on earth he pulled it off, but....wow. I highly doubt it'll happen, but I hope the Codecs return and, who knows, there may be a Codec/Palutena's Guidance crossover that's there when Snake is facing Palutena, Pit or Dark Pit. Obviously we'll know more as we get closer to showtime.

Last edited:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Job well done, y'all. After what we went through during the Smash 4 cycle, we can finally rest . . .

Until we get the game. Then we will know no sleep.

D

Deleted member

I'm very happy to see Snake back.
Hopefully we get some new codecs as well!

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Snake in smash bros Ultimate > everything else announced during the live broadcast.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
They are finally back!

Wow! guys! that's was amazing! I'm really happy now! We did it. I didn't really expect him to bring all the cut characters back. It's amazing how much hard work that Sakurai bring all of this stuff back. We got Snake and his stage back. I also can't believe Ridley and Daisy are playable now. Also, Bomberman appear only as an assist trophy. Plus, Snake got an new Final Smash. Take an look.

Now, with Snake finally return to Smash, this battle can finally become an reality.

(:4mario::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman: ) vs. ( :snake::4bayonetta::4ryu::4cloud:)

Oh, David confirmed that he will voiced Snake again.

Kojima must be so proud!!!

Last edited:

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
Today is a good day, all my previously deceased mains came back in the most hype way possible.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Got a lot of updates to do for the OP any suggestions?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Fingers crossed for MGS1 style outfit.

Come on Sakurai, it's his most iconic outfit.

Also, does anyone know what his Final Smash is referencing? he obscures the screen with a smoke grenade and then calls a missile strike?
I was so sure Snake would come out riding Metal Gear Rex.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh and it’s also worth noting that he has an entirely new series logo. It used to be the FOX symbol no it’s just an exclamation point. Odd but I’m cool with it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh and it’s also worth noting that he has an entirely new series logo. It used to be the FOX symbol no it’s just an exclamation point. Odd but I’m cool with it.
Yeah, it seems like Smash is trying to use icons that apply for the entirety of a franchise as opposed to a single game. That's probably why Cloud's emblem are the FFs instead of the FF7 meteor.

Though that does bring into question why Marth's Falchion is the emblem for Fire Emblem...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can see two reasons for the logo change.

1) it better represents the series as a whole - the FOX logo was only used during Big Boss's era, from what I recall

2) that logo is tied closely to Kojima Productions, so they decided to go with something more neutral

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
This is a day that will live in infamy brothers, i still cant even believe my eyes. All our hard work paid off, years upon years. But it was worth it, and no one can deny snakes place in smash bros ever again!

Top Bottom