• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I'm very proud of ourselves, that we never give up hope on Snake's return. Many people doubt on his return in Smash, but Sakurai proved them wrong. I'm so happy to finally see him in glorious HD officially.

So, maybe we can have this fight after all.:

:snake: vs.:4corrin:

You know Corrin's voice actor is the voice actor of Liquid Snake and Master Miller.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This was one of the best surprises to come out of Nintendo's E3 today, and there were many good surprises.

Glad to have Snake back. Here's hoping to some new codecs, too!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I personally think the logo change to “!” is for the best. The original symbol is cool, but for people not familiar with series it doesn’t make that much sense, especially since “!” is super iconic.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Never thought I'd see the day he'd return, especially with all that's transpired. Genuinely one of the hypest moments of any E3 in my lifetime.

Also has it just occurred to me that Smash is a better PlayStation All Stars than PlayStation All Stars at this point. Snake, Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta all in the same game. Crazy.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well congratulations guys in getting Snake back! For me it was sublime seeing him alongside Mega Man as thanks to Snake, the blue bomber and others were able to be in Smash! Congrats once more! Hope Bill Trinnen does not get fired.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Finally

I can see Snake choke a dog

An actual dog

What a world we live in

...I'm joking, of course.

But this does make me wonder... will the Snake codecs come back, and if so, will they be all new, will we get new ones for the new fighters, or will they cut it entirely?

Either way, I never knew how much I actually missed Snake until this trailer. I flipped my **** at Pokemon Trainer coming back, but when Snake was shown, I went nuts. EVERYONE IS HERE!

Nothing can surpass that hype for me.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Aside from Ridley, this was the single most hype thing for me. I never in a million years thought Snake would return, especially after how much Konami had become such a terrible company. When I saw those sparks... I was on that hype train heading into a supernova.

He kept us waiting, and returned with a bang.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I personally think the logo change to “!” is for the best. The original symbol is cool, but for people not familiar with series it doesn’t make that much sense, especially since “!” is super iconic.
That's certainly true - it even got an appearance in Wreck-It Ralph, a Disney movie, of all things.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I suspect it might also potentially have something to do with that symbol being directly related to Kojima as the old logo for Kojima Productions

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
It was surely because of the affiliation between Kojima and that symbol, but the "!" is a great emblem for the Metal Gear series.

If Snake is revealed in the E3 Nintendo Direct I will change my profile picture with this happy snakeView attachment 147630
Btw I kept my promise c:

Last edited:

Culex

Smash Rookie
Glad to see him back. As a Snake main from Brawl days and an MGS fan I couldn't be more happy about this. I bet you guys are too!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does anyone know if there's any direct feed of the Snake Victory animation? I want to see if Davids voice is in the game yet.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Congrats to you guys. I was certain Snake wasn't coming back, but I was wrong. Happy to be wrong!

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm very proud of ourselves, that we never give up hope on Snake's return. Many people doubt on his return in Smash, but Sakurai proved them wrong. I'm so happy to finally see him in glorious HD officially.

So, maybe we can have this fight after all.:

:snake: vs.:4corrin:

You know Corrin's voice actor is the voice actor of Liquid Snake and Master Miller.
I did honestly give up hope, but it was less about doubting Sakurai and more about doubting Konami. It was genuinely the most shocking reveal during the event, as I was expecting Young Link and Daisy Ridley. I am bummed about the lack of mine, however. I was going to one-trick him, but because of that, eh.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Does anyone know if there's any direct feed of the Snake Victory animation? I want to see if Davids voice is in the game yet.
I haven't seen any direct feed with Snake yet, but I remember to hear clearly Hayter during Snake victory screen after that "Nairo vs 3 other player" match that happened during the Invitational..

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
For anyone wondering.

Yes our boy David Voices Snake.

No one knows if we keep the codec calls.

Snake lost mines for a new side hitting kick,

Snake can still get people in grap loops (and it even looks indirectly buffed since you drag enemies along with you. So just by moving towards their body you can beat get up attack, neutral wakeup, and forward roll) .

Nikita missile moves way faster now, but seems to be a tad smaller(?), and snake seems to get a little float effect for his Dair, which could aid is horizontal recovery if only by a bit.

C4 charge now has a red light, but seems to disappear after a while.

im scrubbing through any and all footage to find any other weird things. Snake still seems to be a heavy, and so he'll benefit from Rage.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just thought of the most important question. Have they added back DACUS?

Sliding across the stage with Snake would just be icing on top of the cake.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's official! The entire Opening Post has just received a major overhaul by yours truly! Take a look at it when you get the chance and tell me what you think! I'm taking suggestions for the thread as well so all feedback is welcome!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's official! The entire Opening Post has just received a major overhaul by yours truly! Take a look at it when you get the chance and tell me what you think! I'm taking suggestions for the thread as well so all feedback is welcome!
Nice updates, but the series symbols appear to be broken.

As far as suggestions, instead of red text, how's a nice shade of Codec Green sound?

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
I just thought of the most important question. Have they added back DACUS?

Sliding across the stage with Snake would just be icing on top of the cake.
Nah that was based on a bug with brawl. Even if Snake were to make it in smash 4 it likely would have been removed.

In any case the fact rage is in the game means he'll manage to do well with that since his tilts/aerials all seem to be pretty strong still

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Kinda sad about Mines being gone, but on the bright side I won’t step on them by accident.

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
And now we will have to wait for snake one more time. On another note, I like the changes to OP I think the only way to make it better would be to give a codec green color to the font like cool mario bros said.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If Codec's are coming back, I want Snake to notice the similarities between Corrin's voice and Liquid's. Since Corrin's motiff is basically water, it only makes sense to do a Liquid reference.

Also, who do you guys think will be the Assist Trophy? Will it remain Gray Fox, or will they switch it to Raiden? If it's Raiden, Rising better have some music here. Rules of Nature + Smash = All sorts of win.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Codec's are coming back, I want Snake to notice the similarities between Corrin's voice and Liquid's. Since Corrin's motiff is basically water, it only makes sense to do a Liquid reference.

Also, who do you guys think will be the Assist Trophy? Will it remain Gray Fox, or will they switch it to Raiden? If it's Raiden, Rising better have some music here. Rules of Nature + Smash = All sorts of win.
I feel it’ll stay Grey Fox though I would love to see Raider in SOME capacity. Definitely gotta have some music from Rising.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I wonder too if Grey Fox will be replaced by Raiden as it might be cool to have him too as he was on PSASBR. But I wonder if Bomberman is GF´s replacement? Also if Raiden appears (or not), wonder if we will have music from his game?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Codec Calls and Palutena’s Guidances...Imma need a crossover between the two whenever:4pit:and:snake:talk about/to one another

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I wonder too if Grey Fox will be replaced by Raiden as it might be cool to have him too as he was on PSASBR. But I wonder if Bomberman is GF´s replacement? Also if Raiden appears (or not), wonder if we will have music from his game?
If we get new codecs, Campbell will sadly sit this one out. So Raiden could replace Campbell as one of the contacts. Also Gray Fox as deepthroat would be cool too.

It really sucks that Campbell probably won’t come back. The fact that a super serious millitarty operative like him talks about someone as goofy as Wario really made the codecs special. Hopefully they’ll reuse all the ones from Brawl, I don’t think you’d need to change them.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If we get new codecs, Campbell will sadly sit this one out. So Raiden could replace Campbell as one of the contacts. Also Gray Fox as deepthroat would be cool too.

It really sucks that Campbell probably won’t come back. The fact that a super serious millitarty operative like him talks about someone as goofy as Wario really made the codecs special. Hopefully they’ll reuse all the ones from Brawl, I don’t think you’d need to change them.
Are we really sure that Campbell can't return? I mean, retiring the character was Kojima's idea...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Are we really sure that Campbell can't return? I mean, retiring the character was Kojima's idea...
Yeah I mean I’d imagine Sakurai would respect the creator’s wishes, unless Kojima gives him the okay to use Campbell again.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yeah I mean I’d imagine Sakurai would respect the creator’s wishes, unless Kojima gives him the okay to use Campbell again.
That might be the case, actually.
It can go really in eighter way.

Top Bottom