• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Kept You Waiting, Huh?

The Legendary Soldier of Fortune has Returned for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

With the Confirmation of literally EVERYONE, Snake has made his glorious return to Super Smash Bros.

Here's Snake's Individual Character Page!

Here's what we know so far.

The Voice of Snake!
David Hayter confirmed on Twitter that he was indeed returning to voice Snake in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It is unclear whether any new voice lines have been recorded or not as all we've been able to hear so far in the game are recycled voice clips from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Whether or not Codecs will return is still up in the air, and whether or not old ones will be recycled or redone is as well.

The Moveset!
Snake's moveset has remained relatively unchanged with the exception of his down Smash and his new Final Smash! His down smash, previously the mine, has been replaced by an extremely fast kicking motion to both sides! His Final Smash is now a missile marker that will launch a barrage of missiles at the individual players you target! You can view both new moves in the videos below.

The Music!

So far the only song confirmed is the Super Smash Bros. Brawl remix of Encounter from the original Metal Gear Solid.

The Series Symbol!

Snake has a brand new Series Symbol!
The original FOX Symbol used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was traditionally associated with Big Boss, has been replaced with the overly iconic ! from, well, every single game in the franchise!
Old Symbol:

New Symbol:

The Announcement!

Snake got a very special moment in the original Everyone is Here! Announcement Trailer to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
And here is his breakdown by Mr. Sakurai himself!
And he was confirmed to be brought back due to fan demand! Good work Diamond Dogs!
Finally here is his individual fighter video set to the backdrop of Encounter from Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

That's All for Now!

Snake Discord
https://discord.gg/yAXqtJN

So far this is all the information we have on Snake's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate but over the course of the next 5~ months this thread will be updated accordingly. Thank you Diamond Dogs! He Kept Us Waiting, Huh?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To make this thread a fun, active, unique environment I'm going to do Regular updates on this post.
Announcements will range from actual articles to fan art and remixes.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

!

Kept you waiting, huh?
Snake for Smash Switch!

Welcome to Outer Heaven

If you're even a little familiar to Smash Bros. odds are you know about Snake. Here's a few things to
jog your memory.

Solid Snake is the Legendary Hero of Fortune. Known across the world for his stealth action video games that have been going strong since 1987!

He was first introduced to the Smash Community in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii. Tragically he was cut from the roster of the newest Super Smash Bros. Games and has since been nearly forgotten.

This is Snake. Who are you calling 'forgotten'?

Well, erm, you weren't in the newest-

Listen I don't need some cookie cutter Smashboards Moderator telling my life story so just shut up and let me handle this!
OK, now that he's out of the way let me give you a few reasons why I NEED to come back
  1. I have one of the most Unique movesets in the entirety of Brawl. Name ONE other character that has my arsenal of weapons, traps, gadgets, and explosives. I control the battlefield and the one who controls the battlefield controls history.
  2. I became one of the most hyped announcements in Smash Bros. History. Not only did news of my inclusion echo across the web, my inclusion opened up the doors for many other characters to come! Sonic? Mega Man? Pacman? Ryu? Cloud? I was the first. I'm no hero but I am the one who welcomed in 3rd Parties.
  3. I'm a Veteran. In a situation where it's a whole new game or even just a port I am viable in both.
  4. Nanomachines.
OK, well fair enough but you're not really a Nintendo Character are you?

What do you want? My resume? Here!

Metal Gear - NES
Snake's Revenge - NES
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake -MSX(but received a Virtual Console port)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel - Game Boy Color
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - Nintendo GameCube
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros Brawl - Nintendo Wii
Dream Mix TV: World Fighters - Nintendo GameCube
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django - Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Nintendo DS
Scriblenauts(surprising, right?) - Nintendo 3DS(Japanese version only)
New International Track & Field - Nintendo DS
Yu-Gi-Oh! 7 Trials to Glory: World Chanpionship - Game Boy Advance
Evolution Skateboarding - Nintendo GameCube
Good enough for you?

Hm, well that is a lot of games... But you're from an M rated game that uses REAL life weapons! You're too violent for this game!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Are you really trying to use that excuse on me while Bayonetta is prancing around half naked with pistols strapped to her heels?! Listen. I left my guns at home in Brawl, I can leave at home again if that makes you feel better.

But Bayonetta is more fantasy than you! You wouldn't fit in!

Does Bayonetta fit in with Kirby? Does Marth fit in with Samus? Does Wii Fit Trainer fit in with Mr. Game & Watch?
NO!
That's the entire point!

Well, fine but you weren't all that popular in Brawl anyways!

You were saying?

Well, you know what? Konami sucks! They wouldn't put you in even if you were really popular.

Hm, wasn't there a Konami game released for the Switch Launch? Wasn't it exclusive? Wasn't it the best selling game in the franchise after 20 years? The name of the game slips my mind...
Oh, yeah.

Listen, there are just way too many 3rd parties in the game. There's no way they would add another!

Hm, you may have a point but that won't stop people from supporting Rayman. Or Shovel Knight. Or Geno. Why should it stop them from supporting me?

Alright, you win. How can I help?

Keep this thread alive, don't scatter the ashes of the previous thread to the heartless sea, make Diamonds from their ashes. We are Diamond Dogs.

...Ok.

Once a Smash Brother, always a Smash Brother!

Extras!

Snakes Announcement E3 2006
Snakes Character Trailer
Snake Cutscenes

Special Thanks:
Scoliosis Jones and @LIQUID12A for the Original Snake Thread
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei for compiling the games in which Snake appeared on Nintendo consoles
@JamesDNaux for the first signature icon
@HylianHeroBigBoss for the ticket stub sig icon
@N3ON for the Snake support icon
@Zajice and @Captaincrisb for the Snake splash pic

Metal Gear Music Monday
Welcome, Diamond Dogs, to the first Metal Gear Music Monday! And first announcement update of the Snake thread!
I'd like to start out the Monday's with one of my favorite all-time Musical Compositions. A Metal Gear 25th Anniversary Tribute by Composer Daniel James!
My favorite thing about this composition is the way James managed to flawlessly interweave the Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Saga themes. Enjoy! And be sure to leave me your feedback on today's announcement!

Top Tier Tuesday
Welcome, Diamond Dogs to the first ever Tuesday announcement of the Snake Thread!
We're going to take a look at one of the very best Snake Players and Smash players in general, Circa 2014!
Ally vs. Shogun!
Ally was known in Brawl for his sporadic but tactical use of Snakes grenades very rarely opting to liter the ground with mines Ally would traditionally drop grenades all over the battlefield instead!
Wild Card Wednesday
Today's update will be about a lack of an update! In fact a lack of an update about this game:
Metal Gear Survive has become, quickly, the most hated game in the Metal Gear Franchise beating out Metal Gear NES and Snake's Revenge!
I wanna talk about why it's so despised and what could have happened to it.

The reasons for the game being despised are easy. No Kojima, coming out after Kojima left, reusing assets from MGSV's Afghanistan (and I'm talking a lot of assets), overall change of genre, no Snake, and none of the humor and charm of all the previous games.

So, what happened? We all know that when Metal Gear Survive was announced Konami was going through a rough patch (understatement). Fan and critics panned the game in just about every one of its flaws from day one. Konami could have decided to pull it back to reevaluate the game and study what the consumer wants. They could have decided the game needs time to sit out so as not to cause more backlash. They could have decided that another product needed to be out before Survival. Or they could have cancelled it outright.

What do you guys think? Is Metal Gear Survive gone?
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the game but I don't really see them outright cancelling it. If anything, they figured out that if they don't regain their loyal fans, the game won't sell at all. That's just what I think.
Each day of the week will be a spotlight day!
Starting on Monday the 27th of March each weekday will spotlight different parts of the Metal Gear and Smash Communities!

Weekly Schedule!
Metal Gear Music Mondays
Highlighting Remixes and original songs based on the Metal Gear Franchise
Top Tier Tuesdays
Highlighting old (or new) Smash matches showing some crazy Snake Skill
Wild Wednesdays
This could be an update of anything and everything
Theater Thursdays
Highlighting the crazy, absurd, and downright awesome moments in Metal Gear History
Fan-art Friday
Highlighting the communities artists and their love for our Mercenary
Snake Appreciation Saturday
Highlighting one of the many quotes Snake has said throughout the franchise; quotes that make us laugh, cry, sympathize, and idolize Snake
NonSpecificSunday
My thoughts on anything that is going on in the community, a basic account. Or I might not update on Sunday at all. It's all based on my mood.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:snake:

Please bring Snake back.

Maybe I should do that thing where I make fan codec calls for all the Smash 4 newcomers/returning vets.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy do you still have those?

D

Deleted member

!

We may be kept waiting, but I support Snake's return.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:snake:

Please bring Snake back.

Maybe I should do that thing where I make fan codec calls for all the Smash 4 newcomers/returning vets.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy do you still have those?
I'm currently scavenging the old Snake Thread for any cool stuff people had posted. I got a LONG way to go...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Please for the love of Solidus give us Snake back Konami....

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I still have bad memories of supporting him in arguments for so long, and in the end, not getting him in Sm4sh. Hell, I even had a dream where he was free 3DS dlc (hidden in the game as a surprise character), and still remember that terrible feeling waking up from it.

I support Snake, definitely. But after having my hopes shattered so badly, I try not to overhype his chances too much.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night. I can feel the fun time I had with Snake, how broken he was. Even the codec conversation, the up tilt I lost, the chain grab I lost. Won't stop hurting, it's like it's all here, you feel it too don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our character.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"He who controls the Battlefield, controls History."

Let's get this party started again.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh my God. The old Snake thread was ****ing gold! There's so many stupid jokes and references and pictures in that thread that had forgotten about.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You can't have a Solid Snake support thread without

We ain't gotta explain **** now. Nanomachines are the answer.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You can't have a Solid Snake support thread without

We ain't gotta explain **** now. Nanomachines are the answer.

Senator Armstrong for Smash.

Why? Nanomachines, son.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm forever a Snake supporter.

Although i'm anything but optimistic regarding his chances of returning to Smash Bros.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Kept the support call waiting, huh?

I support Solid Snake's return to Super Smash Bros.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Gotta love Snake. Go on ahead and add me to the supporter list, NSG.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
One of my mains from Brawl along with Ike and a fellow MGS fan, definitely want him back, his return would be a welcoming sight for sure.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Snake was my Brawl main, and it was disappointing to see that nobody in Smash 4 played even remotely like him. I'd love to see him return, and hopefully Konami seeming to return to their senses (releasing a Bomberman game, which they certainly wouldn't have done a few years ago) is a good sign.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, wait a minute, wasn't Metal Gear Survive supposed to come out in like May? Or am I making that up? What the **** ever happened to that game?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, wait a minute, wasn't Metal Gear Survive supposed to come out in like May? Or am I making that up? What the **** ever happened to that game?
Actually, this game as come to the place it only belong:
The trash.
Tough, I guess that Metal Gear didn't SURVIVE!
*insert laugh track here*
No really, no one know. Maybe it was silently cancel.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With so much poor advertising and fan backlash, I seriously doubt that game will remotely sell well.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
With so much poor advertising and fan backlash, I seriously doubt that game will remotely sell well.
Not really looking forward to the game at all but just thought if it did come out in Switch it might increase Snake's chances a bit.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not really looking forward to the game at all but just thought if it did come out in Switch it might increase Snake's chances a bit.
As bad as that sounds, it would be a good thing if it raises Snake's visibility for a return.

Or just port games like Phantom Pain and the others to the Switch.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As bad as that sounds, it would be a good thing if it raises Snake's visibility for a return.

Or just port games like Phantom Pain and the others to the Switch.
I was hoping The Definitive Experience would come out on Switch right now it doesn't look like that's happening though. Shame too, would've loved MGSV on the go.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm the only one hoping for a port of Metal Gear: Ghost Babel?
I mean, I don't know if Konami remember the game. But I would really want to play it one day.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Maybe when VC comes around we'll actually get some of the MSX games like Japan got. I would kill to have the originals, Ghost Babel, and The Twin Snakes on the console.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Let's see the only 3rd party (the OG 3rd party) that was cut return.

Quick, someone grab a harmonica. We'll summon him!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey guys! I have a question. You see, right now, I am playing every MGS game in order (beside MG1 and 2, GZ and V), for now, I am playing MGS3 and after that, I will play MGS4 and then PW.
The thing is, PW as co-op, and since this is the selling point of the games. And that it must be very fun to play with friends, sneaking around and CQC every ennemy you can and battling giant robot and even monster from Monster Hunter. I want to know if some person are interested to play the game with me. Keep in mind that, the game will be new for me. So it will be to A to Z with normal weapon and all that. I wouldn't want to play the beginning of the game with OP weapon until the much harder mission. After all, who bring a Gatling Gun with infinite ammo to a sneaking mission?:cheep:

So yeah, if you are interested, say it to me! If I do get some peoples, then I might play PW before I finish 3 and 4. I wouldn't want to pass a experience as unique as playing MGS with friends. So, if you want to make a world of peace, then...
Screen Shot 03-19-17 at 08.23 PM.PNG

Until then, see you on the Battlefield!:snake:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Snake has gone from a 0% chance to an >0% chance now that Konami has discovered that pachinko isn't the answer to all the questions.

He does have the advantage of a moveset and voice work already been made but Konami is still a volatile substance.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Add me to the supporters list.

Real talk here Snake is my most wanted character for Smash on the switch. I loved him in Brawl, and he is the most sorely missed cut from Brawl for me. I loved Wolf and ICs, but I missed Snake and Lucas more (thank god Lucas is back). I fee Konami is being less bad then they have been in the past, so we might see Snake come back. I hope.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, do you guys think The Definitive Experience will get announced at E3 for the Switch? I've been going over it in my head and if they do this it'll settle a little bit more gently on their new approach to games. Maybe the Switch gets the Definitive Experience this year but they announce a MGS3 remake for next. Because no matter what I can't shake the feeling that those cutscenes for that pachinko machine wasn't made just for that. They seem way to well done and respective to the source material just to be used on a project like that. I think Konami knows that they can only make money in their home land, Japan, if they go pachinko or mobile. So, maybe The Switch was just what they needed to jump back in. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom