• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of order, new matchup thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
well i think it just takes practice aus. the more you fight them the better you're going to be against them. if you don't fight them often, it'll be difficult. bead also lost to a zss, so i'm guessing it's just experience. i played sovereign in a tournament like two or three weeks ago and he beat me 2-0, but they were both last stock, last hit type matches. i played a ton of friendlies with him at our hotel this weekend and it got easier to win every match we played. so just find a zss player and practice with them! :D

D

Deleted member

The one that Bead lost to was actually Sole Calibur, who I have some experience fighting here in Athens. He's really good, and plays a great Snake as well.

But yeah, I guess I need more ZSS experience in general.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
a lot of people have different playstyles too, so that could be something that has to do with it. sovereign plays krystedez all the time and he lost to a lesser wario this weekend haha.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
If you wi-fi Ausper, I can teach you a thing or two, and give some MU experience on fighting ZSS.

Lumi's right, just play a ZSS more often, and you'll get there.

Also, practice your item game. You'll definitely need it against ZSS. Some throw all the pieces away to use just one, but I prefer keeping all three and throwing them up, as to sorta juggle them, and throw them at you when the opportunity presents itself.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
If you wi-fi Ausper, I can teach you a thing or two, and give some MU experience on fighting ZSS.

Lumi's right, just play a ZSS more often, and you'll get there.

Also, practice your item game. You'll definitely need it against ZSS. Some throw all the pieces away to use just one, but I prefer keeping all three and throwing them up, as to sorta juggle them, and throw them at you when the opportunity presents itself.
I find bouncing them off of the ground works pretty well, seeing as it is still a active hitbox when bouncing which allows for some weird combos and/or a awesome way to edgeguard.

D

Deleted member

I just started playing on Wi-fi recently, and there's been an incredible amount of lag. Like...I stare at a frozen screen for a minute at some points before it starts moving again. But yeah, just PM me if you wanna play. Maybe I'll have better luck with you, lol.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Wolf had his revenge this weekend on ZSS at the showdown aus. :D i had to fight sole calibur in pools and 2-0'd him! i had sovereign in my pool though and we went 2-1. we did a wolf ditto, zss ditto and a wolf/zss fight XD

we should play wifi sometime aus. pm meh when you're free.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
You were doing well at Showdown, Lumi. It's crazy how well you did against some of the top players at the tourney. Almost taking a friendly game off of Blue Rogue was awesome, and you almost took down Ren's Ike.

Just keep playing Lumi, and let Kain know you're after his throne.

Knees!

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
asaph i think sess died, he was the one running this thread after all
poor fellow, i hardly knew him

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
hahah thanks sov! your zss still gives me problems! your item game is just too good. :O sole definitely doesn't have anything on you after this weekend. ^^

to get back on track, i think we should do a re-discussion on olimar/mk or do sheik :o

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
K, I have finals this week, but after that I'll try to set up a poll for what people want to do with the matchups :3

Until then, don't really post in here please, unless there's actually quality discussion going on :x

:059:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i think we should just screw all matchup discussions. they all fail and none of them are static. they always change overtime

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Idk, a lot of people are biased when it comes to MU ratios... I think we should just sticky JJ's character tips thread >_>

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
our strategy is go pew pew pew then shine, run away pew some more then try and go for face kicks
there's not much discussion to be done

did we give up on peach? this thread is lonely

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Uh yeah I just remembered something.

I've been very very lazy. And I'm going to continue to be kinda lazy because I have a lot of work to do :x BUT BASICALLY time for a vote. Three options:

1) Someone else takes over this thread and we continue
2) Someone starts a new index thread with individual threads for each matchup and blablabla
3) We sticky JJ's guide with tips against characters and actually work on that.

Vote in this thread, except I'm not setting up a poll yet, so yeah. Vote away, and don't be afraid to volunteer if you're knowledgeable enough and up to the task of running matchups :3

castorpollux

Smash Champion
4) Have another wolf make a similar thread to my tip thread because I'll be the ruler of 2 stickies which is too much power for 1 wolf. With great power comes great responsibility, and I'm not very responsible.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i'm all for either bumping JJ's old sticky or having someone make a new one just like it, MU discussions are fine and helpful but i'd rather ask questions about MU's to ppl who play them regulary instead of debating with others on facts we read online but dont know if they're true or not.

i'd totally make it but i use the ps3's browser so it'd be tedious to update stuff, doable but y'know... i'm lazy, and no one wants me running something

castorpollux

Smash Champion
If i ever go rogue, then you don't want me having power over threads. Immagine all of our stickies being bair dancing gifs

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
1) Someone else takes over this thread and we continue
This one. I wouldn't mind taking it over.

I've been playing a lot of Wolf for two months (both online and off), and I would like to sharpen my skills a bit with the matchups.

I'm also supposed to mentor people on Wolf in the Smashboards Mentor area, so yeah...

If not, then I wouldn't mind option 3.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
but everyone knows that matchup ratios are dumb and change over time and thus creating an endless loop of guys who are at first interested in having control over the matchup discussion thread but then lose interest/quit the game.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
If i ever go rogue, then you don't want me having power over threads. Immagine all of our stickies being bair dancing gifs
Sounds like the evolution of wolf's metagame to me...

On-topic, I haven't read JJ's matchup advice thread, but i'm not especially fond of matchup discussions. Idk i don't really have a vote... ><

castorpollux

Smash Champion
hahah i was just being a troll. didn't know there were official wolf mentors out there o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom