• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrealdnt

Smash Cadet
Just a quick update, one of my friends can't make it (going to a cousin's wedding), so I'm bringing another one. Just a change of name really.

So it's Julian, Andrew and myself (Jason) for singles, and Andrew and I for doubles with the team name Death and Taxes.

See you guys tomorrow.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright, this is the list for the next bi-weekly, unless there is a late entry at the smashfest.

Singles (3 spots remaining) :
Arsenic
LaN
Saus
Kran
IvanEva
Zylem
Suo
Flash7
Fogel
Azrealdnt
Julian
Jan
Joblin the Hoblin Moblin Goblin
Justin

Singles Waiting List:

Doubles:
Scraa Alpha (LaN + SAUS)
Team Chocolate Rain (Arsenic + Zylem)
Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
Death and Taxes (Ben + Azrealdnt)
Team LANDMASTER!!! (IvanEva + Joblin the Moblin Goblin)
Team Jan + Kran
Doubles unpaired (until confirmation):
Kran
Suo
Jan

Other people considering entering will have to post on SWF by Friday.

Setups:

Wii's:
1) Fogel
2)LaN
3)Azrealdnt
4)Flash7

TV's:
1)Fogel
2)Fogel
3)Fogel
5)Jan
6)LaN

Stages (These will not change until the next bi-weekly):

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes - Melee
Corneria - Melee (Doubles)
Brinstar - Melee
Pokemon Stadium - Melee
Distant Planet

Banned:
Hanenbow
Corneria - Melee (Singles)
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Onett - Melee
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Green Greens - Melee
Pirate Ship
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

Entry Fee:
-$1 per person for singles
-$1 per team for doubles

Rules:
-Standard 3 stock 7 minute matches, Bo3 for bracket matches, Bo5 for finals and Grand Finals.
-Johns will lead to inevitable taunting (do so at your own risk).
-Victory dances are allowed, but you will look silly, so do so at your own expense.
-Any mention of Marth being a guy will be revoked of taunting rights, and will be laughed at (<3 Fan).
-High intrest bank loans compounded hourly are neccessary for competing (again...<3 Fan).

IMPORTANT NOTE

the tournament will start at 7:30 in hopes of ending soon enough to get a doubles started, so get yo ***** to Cam's by that time participants.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Also, those on the list of Wii's or TV's, you are obligated to bring a Wii or TV (No Johns). If you fail, you will be hated and laughed at, and your high intrest bank account will be taken away from you.

I r serious
This is serious post

Krantastic

Smash Rookie
Hey, Jan, wanna team for doubles? I haven't been on in awhile and almost all the funny names are taken! Ack! If I don't get a partner it's gonna be Team CPU...

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Jobin and I will be team "You're too slow!".

As well, Justin would like to be in the biweekly if there's space available. I forgot what his board name thing was.

To Dice: I thought you'd be showing up if biweeklies happened. From what I'm hearing, you and your Kanata crew are quite good. I'm eager to play against you so please show up if you can.

Lastly, are these biweeklies going to continue after ToS5? I'm enjoying them as they make things a bit more 'real' (i.e. I'm going to camp like a little ***** tomorrow with Lucas :p).

Lastly 2, fair warning: my Yoshi is going to mess everybody up tomorrow. He's gone from being my joke character to being my slightly amusing one. He'll make you laugh... as he spikes your ***** down a hole! :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I refuse to change your team name because none of you main sonic, until you do, you guys are staying team Harold :p.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I refuse to change your team name because none of you main sonic, until you do, you guys are staying team Harold :p.
Then we should change our team name to 'Team Landmaster!' seeing how my main is Wolf.

Best rule yet is:
-Any mention of Marth being a guy will be revoked of taunting rights, and will be laughed at (<3 Fan).

Oh and Harold, I will accompany your Yoshi with Peach, lol

jan

Smash Cadet
Okay, so for tomorrow: I'll drive Joblin and Harold, and I'm bring my monitor + Wii. And I'll sign up for doubles with my new partner, but only if we can come up with a decent team name!

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Family stuff has come up outta nowhere, I can't make it tonight guys:(

I'll take whatever penalty goes along with a no-show, appologies!

Hope everyone has a good time.

Azrealdnt

Smash Cadet
Arsenic, I think you misread my post.

Also, 7:30 and not 6:30 for the start time?

Just name them Team Epic if they can't think of their own.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i love those videos. DAAAMMMNNNN every 1 is backing out...how many do we still have or will we re evaluate at the smashfest? oh wait randy derek ben kevin are downstairs haha

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Jan, Orlando, Jobin and I will probably be going to Pizza Hut at around 5:30 so me MIGHT be a bit late. We'll definitely be making it for 7:30 though so that's not a problem.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Those were some good matches last night. That Yoshi main guy has totally earned my respect. I hope I can get my Yoshi to his level for next time.

As well, and I just tried this out, turns out you were wrong Cameron: being at the same stock level but at different percentages makes it go to sudden death. I tested it out for when/if I need to revert back to being a cheap little ***** again.

Did anybody get the final standings for both singles and doubles?

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Im pulling out the I wasnt playing good john out of my john bag :p. That being said I have to give props to the yoshi player, amazing play. Didnt get your name but you used a bracket as your tag so ill call you bracket. GGs bracket.

Harold, although it was horrible to watch and probably even more so to play against good job on your gay camping strategy. It worked pretty well, and it was the first time ive ever seen the timer run out apart from the two minute timed matches. You may single handedly bring the smashfests back to melee :p.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Those were some good matches last night. That Yoshi main guy has totally earned my respect. I hope I can get my Yoshi to his level for next time.

As well, and I just tried this out, turns out you were wrong Cameron: being at the same stock level but at different percentages makes it go to sudden death. I tested it out for when/if I need to revert back to being a cheap little ***** again.

Did anybody get the final standings for both singles and doubles?
The game itself will go to sudden death in that case; however, for tournaments, we go by percentage and the ensuing sudden death is irrelevant (unless both players had equal percentages). For example, if you are both at 1 stock when time runs out, but you have 25% and the other guy has 75%, you win and the sudden death doesn't matter.

Also, Randy ran the tournament on his laptop so he's the only one who has brackets.

Azrealdnt

Smash Cadet
RIP Jungle Japes, banned 06/20/08

Ha, my friend has a fan base after his first appearance and I don't; I'm jealous. The guy who played Yoshi was my friend Andrew. Good games all around, well, almost (Jungle Japes). It's a shame I won't be around this summer. I might see you guys in next year, but a few of my friends might show up again.

PS. I'm practicing my G&W just for Harold.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
:(

Ha, my friend has a fan base after his first appearance and I don't; I'm jealous. The guy who played Yoshi was my friend Andrew. Good games all around, well, almost (Jungle Japes). It's a shame I won't be around this summer. I might see you guys in next year, but a few of my friends might show up again.

First Hanenbow, then Jungle Japes! :laugh:

Anybody who can play as Yoshi, and WIN with him, deserves more than just a fanbase - he deserve a fanbase and a Yoshi lollypop! :)

Jungle Japes, as lame as they may have seemed, was possibly the single most entertaining match I've ever played. Running away is actually pretty **** fun (and funny) but I imagine that it's pretty **** not fun to have to chase an opponent everywhere. It's scary that it actually worked as that means that I'll be laming it up again if needed. Of course, then people will be like Derek and just casually walk through my PK Fires and such, trap me in a corner and then somehow hit me with a fully charged forward smash. Five times.

I really ****ing hate Game and Watch and my best "counter" to him is Samus. :( Oh well, he's better than having to face that PK fire slashing, crazy gimping, chaingrab pimping Marth. :psycho:

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Note to everyone that doesn't already know: Harold is officially the worst teammate. He should have done the camping strat when we were playing doubles instead of the spike and smash your teammate strat, which surprisingly doesn't work very well. Well at least you sort of redeemed yourself in singles Harold, good job.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it next week, enjoy the smash without me. Will there still be something on the Friday before ToS5? Maybe a little ToS5 practice?

Btw, I showed that By (how do you spell that?) who's boss! Coincidentally I used Yoshi on him...

I end my turn!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Sorry for not posting the results earlier guys, I got back home today where I have internet.

anyways:

Singles:
1. SAUS
2. IvanEva
3. Azrealdnt
4. Azrealdnt's friend ( Andrew)
5. LaN
5. Arsenic
7.Fogel
7.Julian
9.Jan
9.Joblin
9.Fox
9.Kran

Doubles:
1. SCRAA! Alpha (LaN + SAUS)
2. NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
3. Death and Taxes (Azrealdnt + Andrew)
4. Team Weysian (Arsenic + Julian)
5. Team Kran (Jan + Kran)
5. Team CPU ( Justin + 4dam)
7. Team Harold (IvanEva + Joblin)

Fogel

Smash Lord

It's a shame you won't be around, I learned a lot watching/playing your Snake. Where are you going out of curiousity?

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it next week, enjoy the smash without me. Will there still be something on the Friday before ToS5? Maybe a little ToS5 practice?

Btw, I showed that By (how do you spell that?) who's boss! Coincidentally I used Yoshi on him...

I end my turn!
I would like to have something before ToS5, but I don't know if I'll have time that Friday. I will at least need to go to my parents' place to get the car for the weekend (they live far away), plus possibly have to pick up people who need housing Friday night. I also wouldn't want to stay up too late that night, since I have a 50+ tournament to run the next day :p

Also, for the record, it's spelled 'Bye' :)

Azrealdnt

Smash Cadet
:(

First Hanenbow, then Jungle Japes! :laugh:

Anybody who can play as Yoshi, and WIN with him, deserves more than just a fanbase - he deserve a fanbase and a Yoshi lollypop! :)

Jungle Japes, as lame as they may have seemed, was possibly the single most entertaining match I've ever played. Running away is actually pretty **** fun (and funny) but I imagine that it's pretty **** not fun to have to chase an opponent everywhere. It's scary that it actually worked as that means that I'll be laming it up again if needed. Of course, then people will be like Derek and just casually walk through my PK Fires and such, trap me in a corner and then somehow hit me with a fully charged forward smash. Five times.

I really ****ing hate Game and Watch and my best "counter" to him is Samus. :( Oh well, he's better than having to face that PK fire slashing, crazy gimping, chaingrab pimping Marth. :psycho:
I actually played really poorly that game on Jungle Japes. I got a little frustrated, then rushed in needlessly, allowing you to get the lead, and the time to run out. I also had zero tournament experience for Brawl, so I didn't counter pick the right stages or characters, which would have helped me in several match-ups (Rob vs Ike on Saus, Game & Watch vs your Lucas.) I might have done well as Snake on Jungle japes, but since the ceiling is so high it limits his KO options.

I definitely felt like I was a strong competitor for the top spot, and given some practice, I could do consistently well at these events. Sadly, I'm leaving for Jasper, Alberta, for the summer. As I said earlier, a few of my friends are interested in coming in following weeks , and I feel that they are quite capable of dethroning Saus!

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I would like to have something before ToS5, but I don't know if I'll have time that Friday. I will at least need to go to my parents' place to get the car for the weekend (they live far away), plus possibly have to pick up people who need housing Friday night. I also wouldn't want to stay up too late that night, since I have a 50+ tournament to run the next day :p
I can see the possible complications. I'll just hope that something might happen, lol, for I will not be able to make it this week or ToS5 :(

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Ill be doing the dethroning :p.

Would smashfest happen on the wednesday before ToS 5? Thursday I believe you are busy cam, and I would expect smashfest to be cancelled on friday, considering all the preparation and what not that you have to worry about.

buenob

Smash Lord
azrealdnt and I were going to enter but I had to go to wedding stuff so andrew filled in for me... i hadn't played him before, and got the chance to this weekend and promptly went 50-50 agianst yoshi... **** that's embarassing the first time you lose, but then you figure out it's not a fluke and he's **** good at it and it just made me want to learn yoshi --practicing the wavedash-smash thing, aparently azreal already got it down and i can't let him get ahead of me ;)--

edit -- got the dragon-dash thing down, but i can't reliably do it without tap jump on, and once i do that I gimp myself 99% of the time when using eggs... stupid animal :(

I would also like to get some kind of practice in before ToS, I have a place in westborro with 2 tvs (32" and a projector) so I could host 8ish people either monday, wednesday or friday night of the week leading up to ToS, someone would just need to bring their wii as our 2nd doesn't have all the characters unlocked

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
That tournament was a blast, thanks for hosting! Getting a chance to fight so many skilled players in one spot... awesome! Although it seems I've still got plenty of work to do before I can come out #1.. (but I'm glad my yoshi kept you on your toes :D)

I look forward to the next time we all play, and I think meeting at Ben's would be a great opportunity. Count me in, I'll bring the second Wii.

*salutes the fans*
XD

Fogel

Smash Lord
I suppose we could play Wednesday. There WON'T be a biweekly that week though, as I have to be up at a reasonable hour for work so I'll have to end things at around 10-10:30.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Ya that day really sucked for me, I didn't play good at all... still only had 3 games in singles
You tied with Orlando, who ***** all but SAUS and CBone, so you couldn't have done too poorly. :) (which is my jab at Orlando to come over again for some Harold-style Yoshi beat-downs! If his Yoshi can do it, mine can too! Well, maybe not quite like Andrew's...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom