• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Ninja Gaiden Black? Garbage? Blaspheeeeemmmmmyyyyyyy!

NGB is a sweet game. It's also one of the most difficult games ever. I've seen (very little) Devil May Cry stuff and that just seems like your basic "Oh look, I'm going to pull this stupidly good combo off on every enemy I see and they won't hit me out of it", unlike NGB.

If anything, Devil May Cry is just a sissy Ninja Gaiden wannabe with guns. Foo on you!

I was going to come yesterday but friends and last night of school over took me. I have my remote and I think about it constantly :p So it will definitely be there next week. I believe I've already said I'm up for Singles and Doubles, but if I haven't, I am. I'm willing to partner with anyone too.

There was the Old Ottawa East garage sale thingy today, and I found a sweet $10 13(?)" T.V., I'm going to see if it fits into my backpack, 'cause if it does I'll bring it too.

And I was told that Beyond Good and Evil was an amazing game, completely overlooked by the general population. Shadow of the Colossus was supposed to be okay, but repetitive.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Hey, since PNDMike and Nukls will be attending Heavy MTL, and wont be at the smashfest, that unfortunately means that myself and HighDef won't be there either. 2 more slots are now available for registration.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
If anything, Devil May Cry is just a sissy Ninja Gaiden wannabe with guns. Foo on you!
Devil may cry was the first of it's kind, and came out way before Ninja Gaiden Black did.

Ninja Gaiden is just a sissy Devil May Cry wannabe with ninja's :p

I have heard that Ninja Gaiden is way harder than DMC tho.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
O-TOWN > Arsenic > GTA > DESH > CHUCK NORRIS! (tributte to Desh).

I agree, nothing beats the original Ninja Gaiden, that was hard stuff.

Also, It would be awesome if Someone is willing to Bring a Wii, that way we would know how many setup's we have, and it tells other people if they need to bring theirs.

Azrealdnt

Smash Cadet
I can bring a wii (with sensor now). I have another friend (Julian) interested in coming, if the spots are still open.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Both games are equally good and equally hard. Although the original NG is still probably harder than both combined. SoTC is not repetitive, because each boss is different in its own way, definitely check it out.

Ill bring my wii as well.

jan

Smash Cadet
Since so many people are apparently bringing Wiis, I'll bring my monitor.

About the sensor bar: You can jack a sensor bar from another Wii and it works fine. The wiimote doesn't seem to care too much - last week my friend forgot his sensor bar, and surprisingly a simple lighter worked well enough to boot Brawl.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Since so many people are apparently bringing Wiis, I'll bring my monitor.

About the sensor bar: You can jack a sensor bar from another Wii and it works fine. The wiimote doesn't seem to care too much - last week my friend forgot his sensor bar, and surprisingly a simple lighter worked well enough to boot Brawl.
If I recall correctly, you said something about having no sound or another? How'll that work?

A lighter worked? Haha, that's pretty funny. That's some old school infrared for you. :psycho:

By the way Cameron, after playing in those funny levels of yours (Box McCloud... haha, best custom level name ever) my brother and I have now been making tons of levels and keeping the random level select on just custom stages (and Battlefield since it's stupid and forces you to have at least one of those lame, non-custom stages). :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I think we have enough setups to suppor the bi-weekly. With enough wii's, we can consider setting up a "Friendly area" upstairs for those who just want to chill out or play friendlies. If we are to do this, we accquire additional pylons.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh no! Additional pylons, maybe that's why I can't come this Friday... :(

Life is gay sometimes, so I cannot come on Friday the 20th. I will not be bringing a Wii, T.V., or T.V. remote. I will be unable to participate in the Singles and Doubles bi-weekly. Sorry guys :(

If a T.V./Remote are really needed, I could go to Cam's house on Thursday/Friday (not past 2:00 PM though) though, I'm fine with that.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
The remote would be really nice, but Im not sure how you would get it to Cam. Mailbox? :p. Just bring it the next time you come, no biggy.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Can anyone help with housing people for ToS5? Looks like a bunch of Toronto/Niagara area people will be coming to this and I don't want to have to house all of them myself.

Oh no! Additional pylons, maybe that's why I can't come this Friday... :(

Life is gay sometimes, so I cannot come on Friday the 20th. I will not be bringing a Wii, T.V., or T.V. remote. I will be unable to participate in the Singles and Doubles bi-weekly. Sorry guys :(

If a T.V./Remote are really needed, I could go to Cam's house on Thursday/Friday (not past 2:00 PM though) though, I'm fine with that.
Thursday evenings I have ultimate games, so there's only a very very narrow window of time where I'll actually be home. It's probably better to just hold onto the remote for now.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm coming from out of Ottawa. I'd house them, but they'd have to be cool being about 40 minutes away from the city (driving.) Also, my family's insane :p

Also, I made an urgent set-up post in the ToS5 thread. It could be bad news bears.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Harold, if you want to play a GOOD Ninja Gaiden game you have to play the first 2 for the NES. Those are the best and are based on ole reflex and timing.

So as I read I am in the tourney? Good. I will be making it to this one. If I don't already have a partner for the Doubles I am in need of one, I don't care who really, someone fun I hope. If someone knows about this just reply or PM me.

Oh and ya I used Christmas Lights once acting as a sensor bar to play the wii, lol, worked fin when the lights were low.

Jan about rides, can you drive and can you make it in time for Doubles? If not I'll take a bus because last time I missed out on Doubles...

...btw is there a registration for ToS5 or whatever you guys call it yet?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4ld8WpaWE
I told you guys that Yoshi was bad-***!

Orlando just lent me his X-Box and Ninja Gayden so I'll probably play through that next week. The old Ninja Gaidens SUCK. Yes, that's right. They suck royally. Let me put it this way: has anybody actually ever BEATEN any of them? No. Why? Because they have the cheapest, most unfair gameplay since... well, Brawl. :p

Jobin, I'll partner with you for the biweekly doubles. Here's the plan, you distract them while staying the hell away from my Lucas' up-smashes. My Lucas will just up-smash. :) Easy win.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I believe the first (maybe 2) game(s) are in the xbox version. In one of the areas there is an arcade but you have to find something first to play it.

When you do end up playing it, dont bother with the Ninja Dog difficulty start alteast on Normal. Youll be using my never used HD so feel free to save as much as you want. Because I played through the game already all the difficulties are unlocked and I know youlll want to but dont play outside of normal your first time through.

I was hoping that video was gonna show crazy yoshi tournament gameplay, but then again no one plays yoshi.

Joblin:
Heres the link for ToS5:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171289

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Oh. Ehm. Gee!

Check this out, especially you Jan:

My brother just got a new message on the Wii about some lame update for the Wii that updates the "Mii Channel" and some other bullcrap (as my brother just said "some **** about the Miis which doesn't matter since nobody gives a **** about the Miis anymore")

Most importantly though (well, the only noteworthy part of it), was this part of the mail:

"Because unauthorized modifications to save files may impair gameplay or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 3.3 will also check for and automatically remove such save files."

I laughed at that. Clearly Nintendo doesn't agree with the homebrew channel, which is clearly what this entire update is about. It's like the PSP firmware thing, it seems.

Orlando, I think that that may have been the cause of that wierd vault thingy or another last night. I hope I didn't download it. :S

jan

Smash Cadet
Hey, the old Ninja Gaiden games are pretty fun. The only reason the first one is almost unbeatable is that the continue point is poorly placed for the end of the game. If you have to continue after dying anywhere in world 6 (even at the final boss), you start pretty much at the beginning of world 6. Other than that, it's not that bad. It's definitely a game that can provide many hours of amusement/frustration.

Jan about rides, can you drive and can you make it in time for Doubles? If not I'll take a bus because last time I missed out on Doubles...
What time are the doubles at? I could probably make it earlier by not eating at home, but then you'd have to buy me some General Tao or pizza.

Edit: Haha, that's awesome! That's cool that it deletes the hacked Twilight Princess file, but I wonder if it'll delete my homebrew channel since it's already installed.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm coming from out of Ottawa. I'd house them, but they'd have to be cool being about 40 minutes away from the city (driving.) Also, my family's insane :p

Also, I made an urgent set-up post in the ToS5 thread. It could be bad news bears.
That's fine, any Toronto area guys will be coming up the 401 anyway so it won't be that much more inconvenient for them.

Well the good news is I have friday off this week... hmm... I dunno though. It sounds lime you guys are crowded as it is... hmm...
I think there MIGHT be 1 or 2 spots left since PNDMike's crew isn't coming...check with Randy though.

...btw is there a registration for ToS5 or whatever you guys call it yet?
The tourney link's in my sig.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4ld8WpaWE
I told you guys that Yoshi was bad-***!

Orlando just lent me his X-Box and Ninja Gayden so I'll probably play through that next week. The old Ninja Gaidens SUCK. Yes, that's right. They suck royally. Let me put it this way: has anybody actually ever BEATEN any of them? No. Why? Because they have the cheapest, most unfair gameplay since... well, Brawl. :p

Jobin, I'll partner with you for the biweekly doubles. Here's the plan, you distract them while staying the hell away from my Lucas' up-smashes. My Lucas will just up-smash. :) Easy win.
1) That Yoshi mod looks like the least fun FPS ever.
2) Wrong, I have beaten Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES. I played it a lot back when I was a kid; beat it straight-up, no emulators or save states, etc. I also got pretty far in Ninja Gaiden 3, got up to the boss of world 6 which is the second last one, but never beat it (I have since finished it on Emulator).
3) That team strategy sounds pretty broken.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
What time are the doubles at? I could probably make it earlier by not eating at home, but then you'd have to buy me some General Tao or pizza.

Doubles will start at 7:30. Also, Ninja Gaiden old school kick's ***, never beat NG2 though -_-

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Will there be enough time if we start at 7:30? I believe last time we started at 6:30 although we were down one tv/setup.

Where do you get your general tao? I heard that this place off of Iris street makes the best and ive been looking for a chance to get some. Ill pitch in on that if you're up for it.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Will there be enough time if we start at 7:30? I believe last time we started at 6:30 although we were down one tv/setup.

Where do you get your general tao? I heard that this place off of Iris street makes the best and ive been looking for a chance to get some. Ill pitch in on that if you're up for it.
I'm pretty sure we were going to start at 6:30, but a bunch of people weren't there yet/we were lazy so we started at 7:30.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Since my legs have stopped functioning after my Metroid marathon (played through Metroid 1-4 in a row with a few breaks for sleep and Smash) how's about I get in on the Jan-mobile ride as well. I could then bring my Game Projection Device (not good enough to be called a TV...) in the car if needed. Cam, should I bring my TV?

Jobin: finish reading Y and bring it this Friday as somebody else would like to borrow them. To those who have yet to read it, go read Y: The Last Man. It's one of the few really good comics out there (and I'm always happy to lend it out if anybody's interested).

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
yo sup every1, i don't get what's happening there since i havent been there since feb?
anyways is it aite Fogel if i come this friday?, and this time for sure i would come if im allowed
i d play both brawl and melee

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Randy are you teamzing with derek again? If yes, are you teaming for the biweekly/tourney? i need to know which teams i'm getting booted from QQ hahahaha
Uh...for the bi-weekly, you can team with Derek, I'm testing out new frontiers with teams. For ToS5, flip a coin?

Also BC AL, we have a bi-weekly on the friday, the game is brawl, entry fee is 1 dollar for singles, 1 dollar for per team for teams, bi-weekly starts at 7:30. You can register if you want, we still have some spots left. Or if you want to show up for singles, that's also fine.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Uh...for the bi-weekly, you can team with Derek, I'm testing out new frontiers with teams. For ToS5, flip a coin?

Also BC AL, we have a bi-weekly on the friday, the game is brawl, entry fee is 1 dollar for singles, 1 dollar for per team for teams, bi-weekly starts at 7:30. You can register if you want, we still have some spots left. Or if you want to show up for singles, that's also fine.
hahaha...my smash vocabulary is gone...wut does bi weekly mean?
so no more smashfests that are free or something?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
A Bi-Weekly is a small scale tournament with a cash prize every second week, the next bi-weekly is this friday, but you can show up just to play friendlies. So free smashfest's will be next week, and every other week.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Since my legs have stopped functioning after my Metroid marathon (played through Metroid 1-4 in a row with a few breaks for sleep and Smash) how's about I get in on the Jan-mobile ride as well. I could then bring my Game Projection Device (not good enough to be called a TV...) in the car if needed. Cam, should I bring my TV?

Jobin: finish reading Y and bring it this Friday as somebody else would like to borrow them. To those who have yet to read it, go read Y: The Last Man. It's one of the few really good comics out there (and I'm always happy to lend it out if anybody's interested).
Yeah, bring that TV just in case.

yo sup every1, i don't get what's happening there since i havent been there since feb?
anyways is it aite Fogel if i come this friday?, and this time for sure i would come if im allowed
i d play both brawl and melee
What Randy said, don't expect to play much Melee though since the Brawl biweekly will be going on the whole time.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Ya, as he/she/it said... and bi-weekly is not smash vocab but normal english, lol.

Cool, Jan if ya could get us on time that would be sweet. Harold, you have yourself a partner! We shall see if random match up is better than organized matching team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom