• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Well, I'd rather come if there's gonna be a turn-out. Otherwise, I'll get my rest for tomorrow, since I'm having a friend I haven't seen in ages stay for the day.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
That's fine - I'm not expecting that many people to be able to make it this week anyway. When I first posted I was thinking starting next week, it just seemed like people wanted to start today :p.

[EDIT]

I think we should start next Friday from 5 until midnight. My Wii just died about 10 minutes ago so I'm working on fixing it, until it's fixed I only have a GC and a faulty copy of Melee (talk about really bad timing >.>) - so unless we suddenly get a bunch of people saying tonight works and someone can bring a Wii, let's start next week (Friday the 9th).

Fogel

Smash Lord
Welcome back, APU. What you're saying sounds awesome, and I'm differently interested in attending. I may not be able to attend this week, but expect to see me often if you keep hosting. :D

I can bring my wii whenever I go, but someone else will need to supply the TV, I guess.
A reminder that I still have your wiimote at my place :)

buenob

Smash Lord
fogel - i have started playing ultimate with some friends... we were out playing on canada day and ran into a team that was practicing for their league... we rolled them :)

cup is broken against people who don't know how to defend lol

we should play that and go sometime soon... also I bought a 200 dollar chess set

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
What's the chess set made of? I have one hand made from glass - is one of my most prized possessions :p.

Good news - my Wii is working again, so I'm making the official announcement that starting next Friday (the 9th) from 5pm until midnight I can host Brawl at the same time each week.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for next Friday, unless something extremely important comes up(which seems unlikely).

Also, on Canada day, my friend forced me to play chess with him. The problem was that his chess set is made of shot glasses and every time you take a piece, you had to take the shot.

There was a lot of sandbagging on both sides >_>

There was a lot of empty shot glasses on both sides.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Wait, whoever took the piece had to take the shot - or whoever had their piece taken had to take the shot?

Whenever someone replies saying they can make it I'll PM you my address. If you have anyone else's from smash boards' MSN/Email/Phone/etc. that wants to come you can let them know it too.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
I'm PMing both of you with my address, it's near Blair Station (on the transitway).

It'd be awesome if you could bring the TV, Wii and Brawl - because I only have one of each. I should state this now - please bring your own controllers as I only have one extra Wiimote & Nunchuck and one (fully functioning) GC controller, you can use those if you don't bring a controller but I can't promise someone else won't be using them :).

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Jordan- I have an extra cont that works reasonably well, so people can use it if they need to.

Also, whenever you took a piece, YOU took the shot. Feel like taking those 3 pawns from behind? Better be prepared for Whiskey and Vodka.

When you win, you lose

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
ggs and breaking out star fox was lulz

i made a stage called GANNONBANNED at eric's last night. its 2 good.
4min timed match g-dorf only free for all on a stage shaped like the right half of corneria. no items
fake bonus points are arwarded for successful kamikazes or general manliness.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
A reminder that I still have your wiimote at my place :)
Oh, hey. Good to hear from you. Can you PM me about a good time to meet so I can pick it up and maybe hang out for a bit, if you can? I will be out of town a week after today or so, however.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
ggs and breaking out star fox was lulz

i made a stage called GANNONBANNED at eric's last night. its 2 good.
4min timed match g-dorf only free for all on a stage shaped like the right half of corneria. no items
fake bonus points are arwarded for successful kamikazes or general manliness.
So I'd probably get infinity points right off the bat, right?

Fogel

Smash Lord
fogel - i have started playing ultimate with some friends... we were out playing on canada day and ran into a team that was practicing for their league... we rolled them :)

cup is broken against people who don't know how to defend lol

we should play that and go sometime soon... also I bought a 200 dollar chess set
Cool! Ultimate is a good sport to get into. It's basically how I stay in shape. Also, for cup, I'm assuming you mean it's good against people who don't know how to play offense against it? Cup is a part of Zone Defense, so your team would have had to be defending to do it (unless you're using some crazy O strat I don't know about).

Oh, hey. Good to hear from you. Can you PM me about a good time to meet so I can pick it up and maybe hang out for a bit, if you can? I will be out of town a week after today or so, however.
I'll PM you with when I'm around this week, right after this post.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
The heat wave just made me remember this fact, and I figured I should tell people - I don't have AC, hehe >.>. I have two fans in my room though and there are at least 3 others in the house, so we can easily create a very good amount of wind if needed. :p

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Well the good news is that Friday's supposed to be the coolest day in about 5 days, and they're calling for an 80% chance of thunder showers. If it rains, my house will be completely fine, but if it's brutally hot like it has been, we're gonna need all the fans :p.

If we do go though with that idea though, I have a trench coat - so I can probably hold the most heat in >.>

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
since it looks like there will probably just be the one tv and a lot of people, we should bring a ball-in-a-cup.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Yah it seems like we'll probably need 3 Wiis & TVs, I only have one of each. I can't remember who now and don't have time to browse the thread to find out, but someone said they could bring a TV and a Wii - if Chaos can bring his Wii, can someone else supply a TV? I'm going by the salvation army tomorrow to see if they have any cheap ones, too.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
guess who just moved to a new place with wilman!?!?!?! :d
YO **** SON!!!!!

Epic?!?!?

On a separate note, I'm not convinced I'll be able to make it on friday :( I work til 9:30 and then a friend is having her birthday dt so I may attend that. If I don't go dt though, would 10/10:30pm be okay to show up...?

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
YO **** SON!!!!!

Epic?!?!?

On a separate note, I'm not convinced I'll be able to make it on friday :( I work til 9:30 and then a friend is having her birthday dt so I may attend that. If I don't go dt though, would 10/10:30pm be okay to show up...?
10-10:30 is fine, it's scheduled from 5 until 12 - showing up any time between then is fine.

I wish I could bring my TV, but I'll be more focused on not getting lost for the first time around :p
Understandable, if anyone needs help finding my house - pm me and I'll give you more detailed directions.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Obviously it is his friend Chris (I think thats his name). Where are Wilman and his roommate living?
Curse you Orlando, you always know how to ruin my ****.

and WE are living at Island Park towers (same building as ben)

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
is island park near britania beach at all?
i remember taking some island park route last summer to go swimming. so hot out, gahhhh.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Heh, I just found a TV in my basement - I haven't tested it yet but it's hooked up to a working DVD player so I'm assuming we could use that TV tomorrow, too :p.

If anyone feels extremely lost about getting to my house let me know, I'm home all day tomorrow so worst comes to worst you can plan to be here before 5 and I can meet you somewhere - I have had people get lost before >.>

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
When you say "something", what exactly are you talking about? >.> If you're talking Brawl, then I'd be interested for sure - melee maybe.

I tested that other TV and it works. So I have a TV/Wii combo and another TV that has no Wii :). Also, I dunno if anyone likes recording games at all (I know I do occasionally) but I set up a camera for one of the TVs - feel free to let me know if you want to use it at all and I'll get it recording (it's a webcam on a pretty long USB cord attached to my laptop :p).

Top Bottom