• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

lain

Smash Master
oh crap it was absolutely terrible... if Lain (michigan, absolutely **** player) hadn't stepped up and pretty much ran things for them the tournament would have gone like this

1) completely random (unseeded) pools
2) pools consisting of 2 stock 5 min, SINGLE ELIMINATION BRACKETS, TOP 6 ADVANCE to reg. brackets

a lot of you guys haven't seen stuff like the IC infinite chaing grabs (maybe you have, but watch some of "lain" or "lame" 's combo vids... that's exactly what it's like in his tournament play)
lol buenob. i was happy to help out, cause me and NOJ sure as hell weren't gonna pay for that kinda bull****.

but yeah i have no combo video, but i'd like to make one sometime XD. I don't really know how though, + i don't have any vids of myself on my compy. just the stuff on youtube.

XDDD;;; thanks for the compliments. lol. i was so nervous during that entire tournament. everyone was screaming and going nuts x_x

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Can you ask for a weekend off? It might be a little soon to do that now since you jsut started but maybe in a month or so.
Yea definitely, I made a big mistake recently though, where a woman stole 41$ worth of cigarettes, basically from right under my nose. I think I nearly got fired, save for the fact that I've been a good employee up till now. I'm trying to let things settle down before I book multiple days off.

Ouch, what happened? what did you eat? you not going to die on us are you?
It was actually Shawarma (lol Harold) I thought it happened before, and now I'm positive it was.

No death lolss! It felt like knives in my stomach, then lots of throwing up, then nausea, more throwing up...And now I'm starting to feel better :)

At the time I rented it, it was $115 for Saturday, but event insurance doesn't come with that. The insurance itself was about $95, so in total just over $200.
Wow, that's actually really decently affordable, we'll have to see what Ben thinks, but that could be an option for the Bi-monthlies.

buenob

Smash Lord
insurance?

also, i'm waiting to hear back from a couple places... but that does sound good

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I'd love to try MK vs. DCU, I'm sure I'll suck tho lolol......
I should be free wednesday evening with car... we'll see.
Cool. Call me if you can make it so I know to stay put (613-829-6076).
Actually its Shawarma. I might be down for trying a bit of MK vs DCu, but I may not make it like last time.
Other places, some that make you sick (James), are Shawarma. I only eat Shwarma.
@Randy (mostly): I've been trying to warm my mother up to the idea of people over. She feels like the shape of the apartment is a reflection on herself, so it's hard for her to think of it as good enough for company.
Shall I take a picture of my apartment for her? Well, if anything, she'd then ban you from coming over. :p
Its official. The SBR doesnt deem MK as ban worthy.
Gah! Nothing is "official" just because the SBR deems it so. Watch, they'll have single handedly killed the Metaknight argument now because too many people happily accept everything that they say.
also, i'm waiting to hear back from a couple places... but that does sound good
Yeah, finding a place is a *****. Would it be profitable to go to a $200 venue? Profitable = pot of more than $2?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Gah! Nothing is "official" just because the SBR deems it so. Watch, they'll have single handedly killed the Metaknight argument now because too many people happily accept everything that they say.
I'm actually pretty happy about the MK ban being revoked. And actually, now that SBR has said that MK is not banable yet, it IS pretty much official weither you like it or not.

PND

Smash Champion

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I just meant it that they officially stated where they stand on the MK ban. I dont listen/believe everything they say. But I know what you mean, alot of people they their word as fact and shizz.

Fogel

Smash Lord
MK's beatable anyway. I had to beat him in OiN, and once you learn the matchup he's not as scary as the proban side makes him out to be. He's now got legitimate counters, and his dominance is subsiding because of it.

EDIT: m2k vs NinjaLink REMATCH
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tLWmsDhpDk4&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_535263
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bF75wDV8TbM&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_251359

WATCH THIS! RILEY ESPECIALLY!
Awesome videos, NinjaLink's Diddy is so amazing to watch :)

buenob

Smash Lord
overall I found that metaknight just isn't cutting it these days... since the 'ban' was in talks, I think a lot of MK mains have been practicing other characters and therefore their MK skills are worse in comparison to other people who have been maining the same ones from the beginning

it goes to show that it's the players not the character

PND

Smash Champion
I've already found uses for it for Jiggs, and the JBR is working on potential uses of it as we speak. We should have a demo video up by the weekend of uses of it. And Marth's is incredible. There goes three quarters of the Ottawa scene :chuckle:

buenob

Smash Lord
god**** god****... rob has tiny `footsteps`so none of the movement at`s apply to him... maybel i`ll pick up snake lol

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Wow those Diddy videos are incredible, dribbling is too cool, the basketball player inside of me wants to second Diddy lools.

Pivot walking or w/e, something similiar was found a few months ago. It will be interesting to see if this proves to be more useful.

As a Snake main it doesn't really affect me, as apparently his sucks.

Call me a skeptic in terms of usefullness though, except for like Marth and the Furry Pilots.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing and dash dancing had a cool factor to it, this is just silly :p. Whats the best way to perform this? I may need to set r to attack but is it not possible to use z?

PND

Smash Champion
If you set Z to attack it should work as well.

I already have L as attack, so it's not completely out of the way for me.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I just dont really want to change my controls, but if its really useful than ill learn to use R. But what I meant is, since you have to be pressing A can you press Z (block + A) instead? Or will this cause a roll?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
FailMarth at 3:22 for the luls.

Just finished watching the video! It's-a Mario time! :D

Well, actually, I need to see what height I can do Zamus' Flip Kick to make it lagless.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I think improvement failed today, as I somehow got sucked into getting the trophy Tabuu (Wings)

Which is a way less epic name than Wing-form Tabuu, IMO.

Annnnyway. I might finish up 100-butt Brawl. Then maybe work more on my real skills.

infomon

Smash Scientist
IvanEva, srry but I'm gonna pass on MKvsDCU today... I'm calling bad-driving-without-snow-tires johns :( I still wanna try that game out sometime tho, I might get it for christmaaaas

buenob

Smash Lord
yes there is going to be a smashfest and I'm going to be there so y'all better show up

Top Bottom