• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Its good too see you chris, I was 67% sure that you would come back. I especially look forward to playing you 2morrow.
Thanks, I look forward to losing a lot, lol.

Chris, if you re free on Tuesdays, we can probably smash :p
I will not be able to attend ANY of PNDs biweeklies this whole year D:
I could try and make time on my schedule. We can figure something out.

If something stops me from being able to go tomorrow, I'll go next time. I don't think that will happen though.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh man, these forums take me back. So I hear there's some melee awesomeness happening in O-town? Where at? A post yesterday said tomorrow so if I'm lucky I'll be able to smash some bros today.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
My friends when is good tiems to my friends appear at place of many characters fisticuffs stadiums many thanks ok yes?

PND

Smash Champion
Any time, really. Events will start around 6.

Just a reminder, I'm working 5 to 9, but my roommates will be there.

Also:

BRING SETUPS PLZ!

We have 4 TVs and 2 Wiis right now

PND

Smash Champion
Oh, since the front entrance to the building has a buzzer (but ours isn't hooked up) it's probably best if you guys use the back entrance. Just look for the basketball net, you'll find us. We have a sizable window without curtains looking into our living room so you guys should see us pretty easily.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
When I got there, I couldn't tell where the location was. I need a number to call so I can tell where PND's is.

Edit: Doesn't look like I'll be able to go this time. Sorry everybody.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
No worries BL!TZ.
I'm probably gonna show up after 6. Hope that's okay.
Bringing Cube, Wii, Brawl, Melee, Memory Card, Brawl Minus SD Card, Infinite Replay SD Card, and 2 controllers.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

PND: Again thanks for hosting such a great tournament, unfortunatly we didn't get to play yesterday, but next time for sure.

ChloroForm: I had lots of fun playing friendlies, we finally met in tourny and you gave me a run for my money. Keep up the good work

Wak: Another Cman and Wak GF. Very intense and fun set. I enjoyed playing tourny and friendlies matches with you. Also thanks for the drive to the bus stop!

Linkshot: Lol thanks for saving us with the memory card again. The set between you and chloroform was ridiculously close. Good stuff.

Randy: **** it has been a while.Always good to see you play C falcon. We only played like 2 matches of friendlies and we didn't get to play in tournament =[. Maybe next time!

Godlike: Loved playing ya in friendlies. Your spacing is good and your doc is crafty, keep playin melee!

Special shoutout to Chris: Too bad you couldn't be there. I was really looking forward to playing you again. I guess I'll catch you next time!

MiJ

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the Ottawa smash community. Just a little about myself, I'm 14 and **** atm but planning to get better. I play doc, samus and both links but I'm trying to stick to link. I practice quite a bit quite a bit with my step-brother. We have 2 cubes, 3 controllers and a capture card. For the ccard I am pretty sure we are cable splitters. Other games I play are Quake Live and tf2. Anyways hope to eventually play with you guys (and get *****).

ggs

MiJ

Smash Rookie
Heh thanks, I'm sure he'll introduce himself soon, I know he is very busy with work. I also know he works till later on in the day. About hosting, I never though about it but I think it would be possible heh :D. I'm not sure about how many TV's we have available, at least 1 and maybe a second. We also have a dazzle available.

p.s not sure on when I or my brother could make it to the next bi weekly.

PND

Smash Champion
Al, I'm thinking of switching Trip or Treat to Saturday so you can make it.

You can make Saturdays, right? >_>

MiJ, great to e-meet you! Don't worry about the "getting *****" part, it's honestly the best way to improve. Not only that, our scene is really friendly -- we'll give you as many tips as we can to get you in tourney-shape in no time.

Hope to see you out some time!

EnTrance

Smash Rookie
Hey there Ottawa smashers. I'm the guy MiJ is talking about. I work on Baseline 4-7 on Fridays and literally all day Saturday and Sunday somewhere else. On weekdays I'm at Carleton till 5:25pm so it might be hard to fit me in.

That aside I'm pretty interested in the game and meeting and playing some new people!

As far as main characters go, I picked Young Link from the start and learned the common advanced techniques and still feel the most fluid when playing him. I eventually got tired of his limitations and picked up Falcon while continuously trying new characters. So honestly I'm not sure which character I'll end up with.

PND

Smash Champion
Young Link is my low tier main :) Look forward to seeing you play and maybe exchange tips and strategies. As for the time issue, my place isn't that far away from Baseline, so you can always pop over on Fridays after work (if that works for you)

I main Jiggs, secondary Sheik, and Marth. . . but I'm picking up Falcon and Fox too. I <3 high tiers.

I'm so excited! I love new people! :) (not that I don't love all y'all vets, too)

EnTrance

Smash Rookie
Yeah Pikachu is my guilty pleasure, I want to see how far I can go with him. I've never played a Jigglypuff yet so that should be fun too.

So is there an event this Friday?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
So I'm just going to throw this out here;

I'm living on my own with a pretty big room and a T.V. I have a very open schedule in the afternoon/evening's (work permitting) and would love to get some people over for either Melee or LoL (League of Legends, which I play semi-competitively). I don't have a cube/wii so you'd have to bring one and your own controllers. If anyone's interested in crashing at my place, it's near Greenbank and Hunt Club in Nepean, kind of close to Bells Corners.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I sent you a PM Vanitas. As for the new guys (I wonder if I constitute as a new guy since most of the people here haven't met me I'm thinking) welcome. Smashers are all good people, something about this game just attracts solid competitively-minded people I guess. Except for Albertan smashers (propogating stereotypes ftw).

Btw, asides from Wak, who else plays Falco? Do we have any Shiek mains in Ottawa anymore? I've been playing Shiek a lot more lately and am always looking for tips&tricks.

[Edit] Oh yeah, 'sup BC AL. I totally remember you and my epic fail matches that were put up on YT haha. I still watch those every now and then. Actually, since I think I've become considerably better at melee of late, I'm going to go watch them right now and see if I've actually improved vs a me that hadn't played melee for 6 months :p Hope to see you around with your IC's and Marth.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
@Entrance

What are you studying at Carleton? We should meet up somewhere and do something.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Special shoutout to Chris: Too bad you couldn't be there. I was really looking forward to playing you again. I guess I'll catch you next time!
Sorry I wasn't there. I couldn't be there because I was dumb so I kind of feel bad. I'll be there next time for sure.

Also, hello to the new people.

EnTrance

Smash Rookie
I'm in 2nd year Neuroscience but honestly all my time at Carleton when I'm not in class is spent with my girlfriend who is in business xD

She plays a mean Kirby though when we're bored =o

And for Wak, that video is great I remember watching it forever ago, I'm quite confident using all of those techniques with the exception of pivots and chain grabs because my initial character (Young Link) gave me no experience with a proper grab game.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I'm looking forward to playing you guys. And Jazriel, hopefully I can come over to your place and smash sometimes, I can do falco dittos all day everyday =]

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Haha, good stuff Charles. I need lots of practice not only in the super-homo ditto but against fast players in general. Arsenic, SAUS, and I had some good games last night. Bringing down SAUS's epic Link to 1 stock consistently really shows that I've improved, but I'm still pretty bad haha.

MiJ + Bro, if you live really close you should invite me over so we can play some time :p. I bike everywhere and my work schedule doesn't have me working 6 days a week (unfortunately) so I find myself with random spouts of free time.

Top Bottom