• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

PND

Smash Champion
Yep, ToT is at the same place. There is no smashfest tonight though, we need to prep for tomorrow.

Doors open at our place at noon tomorrow, we're hoping to start events at 4. Bring yo costumes if you got 'em

Jazriel

Smash Ace
WTF, Derek, Randy, and I showed up tonight for smash at around 8ish but no one was there except some weird guy on the couch. :(

I wanted to play smash :(

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, tonight was called off due to Trip or Treat tomorrow. And I missed you guys? NOOOOOO. Sorry about that.

But I was out grabbing dinner / coffee with a cute redhead, so I have a legitimate reason for not being there.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Awww wtf, you guys said you were going to be there because you wanted to practice. -_-

I had to grief Randy just to come. zzzz

Florence

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts!!

Linkshot: Good games! Your Weegii is too beast! I also enjoyed our 64 match, it was close.

PND: Thanks for hosting! Unfortunately, I didn't get to play you (if I remember correctly), But your doubles match was intense!! I hope we'll meet each other in the next tourney that comes up.

Jazriel: gg's. I liked watching watching your falco, and your kirby in 64. You and Charles completely out-played us in teams, but I still enjoyed playing you.

Charles: Your Metaknight is too beast. Kind of ... odd though. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the Finals with you and Crusher, but I'm sure that it was a great set.

To everybody I didn't mention, Good games! I'm kind of upset I had to leave half was through the 64 Event, but the matches I did play were great!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Shoutouts too...well everybody right now I'm too tired to think straight.

Okay uh, PNDMike+Jiggernaut+DarkBeast666 for an awesome trip to Onett Drugstorethe corner store, LiveWires for almost killing us (I was loling too hard to actually worry about something happening during the mistake), PND for hosting, Chrusher and Tyler for teaming with me, Florence and Jazriel for the 64 matches, and Jiggernaut for the free dollarMinus matches.

Charlesz, it's scary how easily you picked up Meta Knight, but you're a good player in general so it didn't bother me too much. I had waaaaay too much adrenaline tonight to even begin to play Brawl seriously.

And, of course, thanks to PND for hosting!
and expired cookies

Charlesz

Smash Champion
First and foremost I'd like to thank PND for hosting another great event. It was a great turnout and a fun tourny overall.

Shoutouts:

PND: Again thanks for hosting the tourny and congrats for making top 3 in all the events. I swear your almost twice as good as you were 2-3 weeks ago. I had a lot of trouble playing you in WF singles and our matches were very close. I honestly would not be surprised if you beat me in the next biweekly. I entered my first brawl tourny ever and I have to admit it was pretty fun. My bad for losing in GF, you pretty carried me in all the matches lol. GG's

Linkshot: Not gonna lie your luigi is very impressive. You went far in melee singles, even taking chrusher to the 3rd game. I hope you go into detail on the corner store story ( seems wack ). Great fun playing you in friendlies and in brawl doubles. GG

Blitz: Always great to see you and florence play. You were absolutely clocked in this tourny; your reads were so **** precise. I wish we played more friendlies, and perhaps you can teach me how to play 64. GG's ( way to not put on the BCAL name tag ).

Chrusher: Haven't played you in a while. Great sets in GF, you gave me a run for my money . Hope to play you again ( perhaps the next biweekly? ) GG's

Jaz: "Hey Jaz, guess what?" Seriously fun friendlies, with the fox vs falco and falco dittos. Your tech skill is getting better, especially during later portion of the smashfest. And good stuff in doubles, you really stepped it up in the last 3 matches of the GF set. GOOD ****. GG's

Florence: Great to see you play melee again, good stuff. It was unfortunate that we didn't get to play to many friendlies in melee or 64 . Maybe next time! GG's

Hidef: It was an absolute thrill watching you in teams, your platform reads were really really **** good. Also good set between you/mike vs me/jaz. GG's

BCAL/John: Where are you currently residing?

To everyone else: Great to see you at the tourny, hope we play next time!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'll post shout outs now! :)

Chrusher: Our sets were really fun, especially the second set! Friendlies with you were great too. I hope that I'll get to play you in brackets again.

Charles: I didn't get to play you a lot, and I didn't watch your Brawl matches, but the few Falcon dittos we played were fun. Hopefully I'll get to play you more next time! P.S. Sorry for not using the BCAL tag, I'll make sure to do so next time.

Knuckles: I overheard from somebody that you hardly play, so good job doing as well as you did. I enjoyed our set!

Jazriel (is your name Mason?): Edit: I remember now, I got to play you in the tournament. It was a fun set. Our friendlies were fun and playing SSB64 with you was fun too.

Alan: Nice costume, lol. I didn't get to play you except for in Teams. Hopefully I'll get to play you next time.

Hidef: I enjoyed the few friendlies we played. Nice set against Chrusher and Alan in teams.

Mike: Thanks for hosting, I really enjoyed the tournament. I like the wobbling rule, lol. Next time, I'll bring a 64 set up. Would it be okay if I were to use super awesome, third party N64 controllers? I'm not joking, they are pretty damn good.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I should have posted this earlier...

Anybody want to play on Tuesday? I will be hosting on Tuesday at 1pm. Vanitas will be there also (unless he is forced to cancel). I only have one gamecube. Only two other people can come as I don't want to overcrowd an already crowded house for some friendly matches. People could probably be able to stay until 6pm.

Edit: I have recording equipment now. :)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'm feeling really tired today and just not in the mood to go out. The only reason I got out of bed is that the cat was going to bury my lunch with a jigsaw puzzle.

Really sorry man.

PND

Smash Champion
I finally gots mah blue name.

On that note, who's in for this Friday? Will this be the week that I finally take down Charlez? :bee:

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'm feeling really tired today and just not in the mood to go out. The only reason I got out of bed is that the cat was going to bury my lunch with a jigsaw puzzle.

Really sorry man.
That's alright.

link shot *** shot.
lol

I finally gots mah blue name.

On that note, who's in for this Friday? Will this be the week that I finally take down Charlez? :bee:
I'll be there. Should I bring a dazzle? I doubt I would be able to bring my computer unfortunately.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Ottawa, my birth town. Any of you planning on going to Genesis 2?
I would like to, though I doubt I would be able. I'll try.

you n00bs dont understand

DO YOU have any IDEA who noobking is?
Ya, you noob.

Edit: I'm not sure if I will be able to come this Friday anymore.

Edit 2: Sorry guys, something else came up. I won't be able to come this Friday.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I'll be able to come on friday!

YO BCAL WHERE ARE YOU AT (BIO LECTURE PROBABLY) ?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Finally have some time, I'm up for smash 2morrow at my house from 12-6pm. Tell me if your avaliable.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You're all noobs.

So my schedule has normalized a little bit. I have a GC and a copy of melee at my place, though no memory card (Anyone have a spare memory card that has NEVER been used in a Wii?). I don't know what my work schedule is going to be like for the next week (I work tomorrow's evening shift) but if people are interested in some smash/LoL/whatever just a heads up.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I can't go to the bi-weekly this Friday as I have a midterm exam that day. I'll be free after then.

@Mr.BlackDog: My brother and I will be playing SSB64 next time we are there.

Top Bottom