• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
:/ Is everyone taking a break from smash or something? The community doesnt post here much nowadays...
Whoops, what community? We only have like 4 active people -_-
Me, phil powell and Qumbug are living pretty near from eachother. They were idle for the week but next week we will probably play.

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
I'm still around. I just don't think I can make it out to anything Wak hosts, 'cause no buses are nearby and I kinda don't want to impose on Wak at all for any kind of driving service. I'm still messin' around with Yoshi, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I'm just out of it for now I guess. Where is Linkshot, though? He usually posts. o.O

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I still play, I've been busy lately but everytime I seem to host a smashfest , only like 1 person comes over ( Wak, Kai ( when he's around ottawa ), Chris ( when he still played )). I don't mind 1 vs 1 , but no one comes and plays anymore ( kanata is in the middle of the wilderness )?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Alright cool. If anyone wants to come over 2morrow, I'll be hosting a smashfest. I'll completely confirm 2morrow morning at around 9 am. NVM THAT THIS SMASHFEST IS CONFIRMED.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm always more comfortable in a weekly day. I couldn't have made it for today.

And from now on we should just call it a Casual, since "Smashfest" imposes the venue of a good couple of people, while we recently don't have that much people involved for smash.

And I actually play very more often with only one person than with lots of people. I believe this way I have more time to learn and screw around to become better this way.

qumbug

Smash Rookie
hey guys, i've been busy with camping and bluesfest and whatnot so smash has definately taken a back seat. things are calming down now though, so i'm hoping to check out one of Wak's events. Got anything planned for the coming week Wak? i'd like to play you more, even though you dominated me the few times i've played you i figure its the only way to improve

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I'm busy during the weekday and saturday is pretty much the only day I can host. Sunday's I hang out during the day and play poker in the evenings. I won't be able to host this saturday. I'll be avaliable 2morrow starting from 4:40. If you want to pop in at 4:40 and play for a hour or 2 then feel free.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Can anyone host a smashfest this week during the weekday? Preferably the smashfest ends pretty late. Thanks.

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
I live at 2354 Virginia Drive, Anyone is welcome to come play today (tuesday) anytime from noon up to like 2am. I got pretty nice basement setup and its nice and cold there.

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
yeah just let me know the approximate time so I dont start a dota game or something right before you show up lol.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey. Yesterday sucked because I went to phil's place, but my car was overheating. So I didn't want to take any chance with my car so we stayed at phil's place. Also, I bought my camera but forgot the special battery that goes into it, so there is no recorded match either... Anyway we both agreed that we've seen better days in terms of playing skills, lol.

PND

Smash Champion
Hey guys, long time no chat. I've been working like crazy lately and haven't really had time for anything smash related. :(

However, that's about to change. That's because in two weeks I'll going to be hosting

"PND's Welcome Back Barbecue and Smash Tourney"
* Saturday, August 7th * @PND's House *

Basically I'll be hosting a tourney / smashfest for us all featuring the best of what the letter B has to offer.

There will be:

BBQ'd Burgers
Beer (and non-alchohlic stuff too)
Brawl
BMelee
and finally. . .
Bosak!

So come, hang out, feast, drink and be merry. I <3 y'all, and I can't wait to get back in the scene.

But here's the catch. . .

I don't live in Ottawa at the moment. I live in Kemptville, it's about a 30-40 minute drive from Ottawa. Hopefully you guys can carpool out. Because of the nature of finding rides and organizing this kind of stuff, I'm also willing to push this back to the 14th of August as long as it's better for you guys.

So plz confirm if you can make it! :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'll probably have some really good news to share with you guys at the tourney :D

Top Bottom